Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What are you reading?

The Heirs of Ash trilogy by Rich Wulf.

Best series I've ever read. A unique and villain that makes you relate, and even sympathize.

Just finished Last Empress by Anchee Min (a good read, especially since my actual college degree is in History, focus on the American Revolution and China)

Starting on Drums of Autumn by Diana Galbadon...still on the Outlander wagon train....

Just started reading Simon Green's Deathstalker book, I've been looking forward to this one for a while. It's striking me as a fairly standard space opera and a fun romp.

Working my way through Albert Camus' The Plague, I'm really enjoying the easy flow of the narrative and how the characters are revealing themselves. Also about half way through China Miéville's The City & the City which I'm loving thoroughly and recommend to anyone that wants a uniquely different fantasy novel.

I've begun reading Guerrillas and Generals: The Dirty War in Argentina, I knew a little about this event in history; but it's good to finally have a good source for it. Even if it's a really dreary subject matter.

Also reading Patrons, Brokers, and Clients in Seventeenth-Century France, I was happy when I got this as I snagged it used and managed to save a lot of money. The book is rather well written for such a dry subject, I just find myself occasionally becoming lost in the names.

I'm trying to read Jurassic Park, but it isn't doing a great job at holding my attention.

Just finished Witches Kitchen by Cecilia Holland now onto The Fiery Cross by Diana Galbadon

I will not let this thread die. Though I can't really claim to have read anything new since my last post, I must say that with so many books going at once I am slower to finish then other wise.

The only book I have read has been the first Forgotten Realm novel by R.A. Salvatore, the Crystal Shard of the Ice Wind Dale trilogy. I found it alright, nothing ground breaking by any means; but passable in what it provided. Which was a quick easy romp with swords and magic. The Halfling is my favoured character. Sort of wonder why no one ever calls the dwarves on their racism instead of going after Orcs as racist.

Talking with Dragons, Patricia C Wrede.

A book I really loved as a child. It rather short, but has some great idea's and twists on what we had decided was legend and fairy tales. It is a good deal older than Shrek so I feel odd saying this, but it has a Shrek kind of feel to it. It is my favorite as the series of course evolves as it goes on becoming a bit more series the first one is simply a great joy to read full of great humor that really keeps me smiling even after reading it many times and becoming an adult. I recommend it to anyone looking for a short fun adventure and a unique twist on fantasy.

As a little taste it starts on a Princess who is seeking dragons to kidnap her. If you wanna know more how that plays out pick it up! It is well worth your time and the price.

A trilogy called "Ftizwilliam Darcy, Gentleman" It is the story of Pride and Prejudice retold from Dacy's point of view, I love them all so much. Written by Pamela Aidan. I think she is brilliant, I kind of wish she would write a sequel to Pride and Prejudice :D because I love the way she writes the characters so much!

The Series goes like this :

1. A Company Such as This

2. Duty and Desire

3. These Three Remain

Ben Bova's Asteroid Trilogy, since I finished the Outlander books I wanted something wildly different

So I just recently finished three books. First up was Forever War by Joe Haldeman, some might recognise this title as a classic of sci-fi coming out after the Vietnam War. It was an interesting read and I really enjoyed it's commitment to hard science and the idea about how the society a soldier returns to is often not the one he left. Though I found some aspects of the way society in the book evolved out dated and flawed it was still interesting.

Next up was the conclusion to Greg Keyes Age of Unreason series, the Shadows of God. It was an alright read, though I find myself bored with the setting after finding the first two books to be deeply intriguing in their world building.

Last up is Lord of the Starship by Mark S. Geston, I recommend this to anyone interested in an old school science fiction post apocalyptic. Really good build up to a twist I did not see coming. It would make a great history to a TTRPG campaign.

Back
Top Bottom