Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Running with the Pack (Skeith x Loneiy)

Skeith Takahata II

Lesbian Anarchist
It had been nearly twenty years since her first full moon. Her aging had slowed to a crawl, and she only appeared a couple years older than the time of her changing. She remained unmarked by any pack because she bore all the signs of an alpha. The kind expected to begin a new clan, and breed the next generation. In other words, regardless of her female form, she was a hermaphrodite and therefore to be treated as an alpha male. That being said, she never once marked another wolf. Though there was something different about this night. A full moon hung low in the sky that night, large and amber in color. Bright enough to make all other lights seem insignificant. These moons were rare, a new wolf was to be turned. Which meant it would be chaos. Warring clans would each be fighting tooth and nail for the right to mark and adopt the fledgling wolf.

For Sybil Hatchet, this meant there would be a lot of casualties, both human and lycan alike. If she could get the young wolf to safety, and at least help her live out her first full moon, she'd be safe. She hastily dawned a pair of black jeans, and tee shirt, dawning a leather jacket over them. Her messy, short white hair, causing her golden lupine eyes to pop. Certain elements never faded after her change. Perhaps it was to make her more identifiable as an alpha. Her eyes were always feral. Her canines, always elongated and sharp, her ears tapered at the tops.

As she exited her small apartment, her nostrils flared, quickly picking up the sent of a newborn wolf. She had to act fast. This night would be hell on earth for the young wolf, and it would be best to spend it with someone who cared about more than obtaining a soldier. She swiftly mounted her motorcycle, and road out quickly in pursuit of the new wolf's sent.

Abigail was a late bloomer. Her werewolf had remained dormant for now. She was raised a ward of the state. But against all odds, she had become a very beautiful woman and was now taking college classes. There was one benefit to being a ward of the state, they gave her plenty of opportunities to go to college. She sat in her dorm room. She had not felt good all day. But as the night progressed she started to feel sick. Leaving her dorm room, she stumbled to the bathroom and emptied the contents of her meager dinner into the toilet and laid on the floor sweating and in a great deal of pain. Abigail had no roommate, or if she did, she had dropped out a long time ago.

Abigail was a loner. She was 18 years old. Long black hair and soft blue eyes that were always hidden behind glasses. She stood at an unremarkable 5'5 and was curvy and not skinny but not fat.

Abigail shifted and groaned. Her body was covered in sweat. Her skin felt too itchy, like a donated wool sweater that was 20 years old. She began to claw at her skin, and shifted arching up and began to pant. Rolling her eyes back, she groaned in pain too weak to scream. Her bones and internal organs shifted and she roleld onto her front and the students would say, swear even, that a scream turned into a howl.

She had no idea what happened and would have no recollection in the morning.

A black wolf stood where Abigail was and it began to move down the hall snarling hungry and very agitated. Luckily, the students peeked out of dorms and saw the wolf and went inside to call animal control and campus security. The wolf continued confused, angry, and very disoriented as it stumbled around growling and drooling all over.

Sybil's motorcycle came to a halt just outside the college dormitory. She could tell by the scent that clung to the air that the new wolf had undergone it's transformation. It was confused, hungry, possibly frightened. She stepped off her bike, walking towards the building. Her eyes never left the door as she approached, though her ears, and nose were primed for signs of other werewolves. Sybil had long since practiced keeping her own under control. Sure there were certain triggers that were unavoidable. Extreme hunger. Sexual frustration. Intense pain. But she no longer was victim to the moon's demands.

She pushed the door to the dormitory open, walking the halls with a calm demeanor, ignoring any other students that were peering out from their doors. She paused at the base of the stairs, her nostrils flaring once more. It was a female. Young female. She could hear her growling. She hastily climbed the stairs skipping steps, three at a time, only to jump the second flight all together. She rounded the corner, seeing the young wolf at the end of the hall. "Poor girl. Still only a child..."

She approached at a steady pace, but before she could reach her, another wolf broke through the wall beside her, pinning Sybil to the wall. His fur covered hand clenched around her throat, claws digging into the skin. She let off a growl of pain before narrowing her eyes. Claws, black as pitch emerged from her fingers as she slashed without remorse into the beast's stomach until it released her and stumbled away. She growled once more in rage before sweeping her arm low, tripping the mighty beast. She pressed her foot into his neck as her hands wrapped tightly around his wrist. With a low howl of effort she tore the arm the body, resulting in a howl of pain from the creature. She quickly began bludgeoning it to death with it's own arm until it's cries grew to little more than whimpers and then finally silence.

She turned to face the young wolf, Sybil's own face now half covered in the fallen wolf's blood. "I mean you no harm young one." She pulled a slab of raw steak from beneath her coat, tossing it across the floor to the wolf. "But if you don't follow me now, you will be in a great deal of danger."

Abby stopped seeing the girl and her hackles rose. Growling, she lowered her head adn growled deeper. She was about to charge the girl whent eh wolf came out of no where. She watched in horror as the woman ripped the arm off and began to beat the creature to death. She panted and and then looked at the steak. Then to her. It was a trick, seh knew it!

Taking off, she ran down the halls tripping and falling several times. She rolled and tripped growling and hten moved to teh door and took off running into the night. She was panicked. Several students screamed in panic and ran she gave chase. She continued to run her teeth bared and ready for the kill.

Sybil watched the wolf flee, her eyes narrowing in irritation. "God damn it." She quickly gave pursuit, sprinting with super human speed. Her eyes narrowed as she saw the younger wolf pursuing students. Her eyes shifted to the roofs, catching the shadows of wolves leaping from roof top to roof top in pursuit. "Fuck..." She growled lightly. She didn't want to turn. She'd spent so long not having to. She definitely didn't want to have to mark the young wolf either. She deserved her own choice. But her options were starting to grow thin. "This shit we do for kids..." She muttered.

As she drew closer, she threw herself in the wolf's direction, attempting to tackle her. "God damn it! Try to think!" She extended her claws once more, should the encounter grow violent.

Abby was running hard and fast and when she was tackled, she panted hard under the girl and whimpered watching the students escape. She wanted to eat them so badly. Then she whimpered from the pit of her soul,, and raised her head back and howled in misery. She was a monster. She shivered under the girl wishing that she would kill her quickly. She shivered and continued to whimper. She was a human stuck in a wolf body. Her mind was racing, why was this happenign to her.

Sybil was quite surprised to find that the wolf was docile when tackled. Obviously distressed. She panted heavily as she slowly lifted her weight from her. She stroked the fur behind her ears gently. "Listen to me, child. I said I meant you no harm. But, I am not the only one tracking you. I am, however, the only one who seeks to protect you."

She rose to her knees, checking around quickly for the signs of the other wolves, she could smell them, hear them, but she couldn't see them. Were they observing? Sybil was obviously an alpha, perhaps they feared her? Perhaps they were waiting to see if Sybil was planning to mark the young wolf. "We need to get out of here. Now." She rose to her feet, helping the young wolf up. "My name is Sybil, and I promise to keep you safe."

Abby didn't want to stand up, she wanted to lay there and die. She shut her eyes and whimpered hard. Her stomach hurt, her head hurt, everything hurt. Her paws, her face, her mouth, her legs. She shut her eyes she was a puddle of wolf and would not stand up. She whimpered and shut her eyes. SHe laid back down and pressed her face into the grass. Soon a animal control truck pulled up and rangers walked out and smiled walking forward.

"Ma'am I was called in regards to a wolf siting have you seen anything?" The man held a tranq gun.

Sybil was hesitant to turn around, seeing as she still wore the blood of the wolf she'd slayed on her face. "I believe it chased some students that way." She said in a soft voice. She brought her arm up to her face, wiping the blood away with the sleeve of her jacket, before pointing in the direction the students had fled. "I heard screams and came to help, but I haven't seen it since." She sincerely hoped that they would buy her bluff and move along. She didn't want to kill humans if she didn't have to.

Her eyes returned to the wolf on the ground in front of her, deliberately remaining between their field of view and the wolf. "I'm worried about those poor girls, I'm nowhere near fast enough to chase down a hungry wolf." She continued, still panting from the chase.

"Nor should you, that was very wise." The man smiled and took off running in the direction seeing some of the wolves that were hunting for her. The wolf stood up and looked up at Sybil. It was a look of defeat, fear, and pain. She turned and began to walk slowly toward the forest and away her ehad down adn she didn't look back. She didn't understand what she was or waht was happening.

Sybil's eyes turned to the wolf. She knew the sadness and the confusion she was experiencing. She quickly moved to head her off. The forest was far more dangerous than the city right now. She came to a knee in front of her. She gave a sigh before shaking her head. "If you won't come with me willingly, than you leave me no choice." She quickly scooped the wolf up in her arms, cradling her like a child. "Come along now, we're going to get you somewhere safe."

Her bike would be fine here at the school for now. She couldn't risk trying to ride it with a wolf as well, and her apartment wasn't that far away. In her head, she couldn't even begin to understand why she was risking so much for this young wolf. She didn't want to get into the territory disputes. She didn't want a pack. Was it a selfish reason? Loneliness, perhaps? At this point, it didn't matter. She began running towards her apartment, careful to take the shortest route.

Looking at Sybil, she gasped as she felt the arms go around her. Leaning into the safe arms, Abby just shut her eyes and let the other do whatever she wanted. She leaned her head agianst the shoulder and whimpered gently in her ears. It hurt to be carried, it hurt ot walk, she shut her eyes adn began to doze. She took in her scent not aware that her wolf was soothed by the scent of the alpha. She continued to rest, never feeling like anyone truly cared.

Sybil didn't notice that the wolf in her arms had dozed until she was nearly to her apartment. As she climbed the stairs to her home, she held the young wolf close, panting lightly from having sprinted the whole way home. No one was dumb enough to attack an alpha at home. That was asking for trouble. She cradled the wolf in one arm as she opened the door to her home, carrying the young wolf to the couch. After lying her down gently, she moved to close the curtains and lock the doors and windows.

She came to rest beside the young wolf, petting her gently as she slept. "I don't know what the hell I was thinking, trying to save you. But you're safe now." She whispered quietly. She leaned her head back against the back of the couch. Exhaustion catching up to her quickly. Before long, she also closed her eyes and drifted too sleep.

The wolf woke up in an odd place. She jerked up and looked around and her eyes went wide. She began to whimper and jumepd down and began to move around the appartment. She found her way to the door and began to scratch at the door whimpering and looked up whimpering and howling a bit. She continued to scratch and jumped up trying to work the door knob panting and shook her head and looked up.

She moved back to the woman and snuffled her hand and nudged her hand up and whimpered and shut her yes and whimpered to him adn shook her head gently and whimpered softly.

Sybil awoke to the feeling the wolf's head brushing against her hand. "What's wrong?" She asked in an alerted voice, looking around for any sign of attack. She looked down at the young wolf for a moment. "you seem to be coming to your senses at least." She rose to her feet and walked towards the kitchen, returning with another slab of raw steak. She set it down in front of the young wolf, before taking her seat on the couch again.

"We're gonna have a fun talk when you turn back. I promise you that." She stroked the wolf's fur gently before speaking. "Eat up, pup. You need to keep up your strength. Especially if you ever want to walk on two legs again."

She recoiled from the steak. She was a vegetarian. Looking up, she groaned hearing her say that she needed to eat to turn human again. Her wolf clicked over and tore into the steak and growled her tail wagging in gratitude as she ate. When the steak was gone, the wolf moved to a warm corner of the house and walked around three times in a circle and laid down her tail covering her black nose and she looked at him.

Sybil watched the young wolf consume the steak and find her way to a warm corner. A faint smile finding home on her face as she turned to leave the living room. She entered her bedroom, collecting a set of undergarments, and some clothing. When she returned she set the clothing down on the edge of the couch. "I'm not sure if you'll remember any of this when you return to normal, but I'm sure you'll want to be clothed. I'm not sure if these will fit, but it's better than nothing, right?" She sure was being awfully accommodating to the young woman. She'd be damned if she knew why. "My room is at the end of the hall. I'll leave the door open in case you need me." She gave a small wave before disappearing into her bedroom.

She casually stripped down, tossing her clothing into a pile the corner. "What a night..." She muttered quietly as rubbed her brow. She entered her personal bathroom, starting a warm shower. She climbed under the water, sighing happily as the hot water cascaded over her body. Even as she relaxed in the shower, she couldn't help but be curious about that new wolf. Who was she really? What was she like? How would she take to this new life? She was certainly worried for her. "I'm being silly..." She said with a small laugh.

Abby groaned in the middle of the night as she slept. She then rolled on her back and the wolf began to howl in pain. She was stumbling around and stood up staggering and stumbling around. Soon she collapsed and the howls turned into a scream of pain. Anigale laid there and sobbed shutting her eyes and trembled. Shivering, she shut her eyes and broke down sobbing naked on the floor of the foreign place. She was covered in sweat and tremblign hard. She remembered the whole horrible event and continued to sob shutting her eyes tightly.

Hearing the howls accompanied by a scream of pain, Sybil burst from her bedroom quickly, wearing only her robe. Seeing the woman's female form on the ground, she moved to her side quickly. She placed a hand on her shoulder, gently. "Hey there. It's okay now. You're safe." Her voice was soft and gentle. "Don't be afraid. I'm a friend. My name is Sybil and I know exactly what you're going through."

She broke down sobbing shutting her eyes. She was naked and very defenseless. She shut her eyes and whimpered softly. She couldn't see very well, she would stumble into a few walls if she tried to escape this odd place. Leaning her head against that arm, she broke down sobbing trembling. Never before in her life was she so scared.

"M-my name is A-A-abigail...but I like Abby." She sobbed and she gripped the floor as if it would swallow her up and just make everyone forget she was there. Shutting her eyes, she swallowed and trembled. Every muscle hurt.

Sybil offered a faint smile as the woman replied. "How about we get you cleaned up and comfortable, huh Abby?" She slowly moved her arms beneath her neck and legs so as to lift her up in her arms. "I'll prepare a warm bath for you."

She carried her back to her own bedroom, setting her down on the bed. "That should be more comfortable than the floor, I think." She said with a smile. She turned to enter the bathroom, prepping the hot water to begin filling the tub. She fetched some pain killers from her medicine cabinet before returning. "Here you go, sweetheart. That should help ease your pain a little."

Leaning into Abby's arms, she curled up. For some reason, she felt so safe and secure in her arms and her voice wrapped around her soul and soothed her. She shut her eyes and then laid on the bed and looked at the wall. Images swirled and blended. She sighed adn then looked up at the figure, without being able to focus in her face. She sighed watching her go away. Reaching out, she took the pills without question and then leaned back and inhaled the scent of Sybil. She rested her cheek against her pillow and shut her eyes.

"Thnak you." She whispered and reached out and took her hand. her smaller one wrapping around her hand and she smiled softly feeling for the first time in her life like she belonged.

Sybil smiled again as Abby turned took the medication. "I'm glad I can help." She could sense a loneliness in the woman's voice. As though she had difficulty truly belonging anywhere. That deep sadness filled Sybil's soul. It was a pain that she was all too familiar with, even more so after her own turning some time ago. She shook her head, freeing herself from dwelling in her thoughts. "Let's get you cleaned up. A hot soak will help alleviate your soreness." She continued, speaking in the same gentle tone she'd taken before.

"Alright, thank you." She sighed adn then got up and then leaned up. She would have to find her glasses soon, otherwise she was going to be forced to just walk around blind. Standing up, she held out her hands to Sybil. Abby stumbled forward a bit and winced. She then looked at her and canted her head a bit as she began to walk with her and waited for her to lead her to the bathroom and then watched her smiling.

Sybil quickly moved to help support her. "I imagine you're quite weak still." She said as she slowly began walking with her to the bathroom. She pushed the door open with her foot, and continued leading her in. "Don't worry we're gonna get you all cleaned up and good as new before long." She paused in front of the bath, offering her aid in whatever way to help the woman lay down in the water.

"I'm sorry that you have to go through this, Abby." She said quietly as she knelled beside the tub. "I know what it's like, and I'm afraid there isn't any going back. But you're welcome to stay here for as long as you need."

Back
Top Bottom