Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Sorceress' Apprentice ((demented-tiger & MissM))

She gave a snort of laughter as she closed her book, standing up. "You can skip the formalities," she said. She gestured to a stack of a dozen tomes on the table at the center of the room, each thicker than the last. "You're too read all of those. I do expect it to take you some time, but don't let it take you forever. They're all quite important."

Her robes were still covered in dust and torn in places, making it obvious that she hadn't yet had time to change. There was a tray on one of the desks in the corner that was covered in food; ham, sausage, toast, eggs, and several kinds of pastries. It had been Evelynn's breakfast, but after taking just a few bites, she had seemingly forgotten it was there. "Before we begin, tell me what you already know about magic. You said some half-wits had attempted to teach you? I need to know if you got anything useful from them or if it was all garbage."

Esmeralda did her best to ignore the food. Her other teachers had been very strict on discipline, and she expected Evelynn to be no different. So she began her explaination. All her teachers focused on control. Emptying her mind, becoming one with her powers, focusing on the magical exercises at hand, getting her powers to do her will, and other practical knowlege. But never on how to staunch her flow, and always assuming her talents were very limited. All her teachers thought she was just some child who fancied herself a magician, so they taught her as such. When they saw what she was capable of, they quickly backed down. Most of what she described were things taught to novices with only trace sparks of magic within them.

"I see the problem. You are much too weak control your magic in that way," she said. "I don't mean that in a harsh way. It's simply a matter of understanding the nature of your powers." She noticed Esmeralda glance over at the food and mentally smacked herself. "Of course, you haven't eaten. Please, help yourself. I need you to listen now anyway."

Evelynn paced back and forth across the room, running her hand along the wall. "Your power is much like the magic in this very tower. It very nearly has a consciousness of it's own. You are far too inexperienced to subjugate it, but with training, I can teach you to work together with it."

Esmeralda gladly helped herself to some food. She was starving. She listened to Evelynn explain about her philosophy. She'd never thought of her powers as a living thing. The notion was novel to her. Magic having a conciousness? that was something she'd never thought of.

"I was always taught to see my powers as a tool," she said to Evelynn.

Evelynn shrugged. "Anything can be a tool if you make it one. Even another person. But it will be quite some time before you're strong enough to do that. For now, just finish eating. Then, take those books to your room and meet me in the basement."

She left Esmeralda alone in the library and started down the stairs. She went past the entrance hall (that still had no entrance) and down one more floor to the basement. In the center of the room the floor dipped down, creating a basin. With a word from her, it filled up with steaming water. She stripped off her robes and left her clothes in a pile on the floor, then let her self sink down into the tub.

Esmeralda finished eating, took the books to her room, laid them on the table in there, and hurried down to the basement. She stopped when she saw it filled with water. "Uh - " she began. "I think your basement's flooded." She couldn't see Evelynn down there. She spotted a heap of rags near where she stood, but no sign of the sorceress. "Hello?"

Evelynn rose back up to her full height, the water stopping just below her chest. Her back was to Esmeralda as she leaned back against the edge of the tub and her eyes still closed. "Yes, yes, I'm here," she said. "Hurry up and get in. I'm trying to relax."

"Get in? Yes, of course" Esmeralda undid her bodice, allowing her breasts to spring out to thier full size. She stripped her garments, and untied her hair. Then she waded into the water, relishing that it was nice and warm instead of icy cold, and came abreast of the sorceress. "Here I am."

"Close your eyes," Evelynn ordered. "Calm yourself. Breathe slowly and deeply. I want you to find your center. See if you can feel the magic inside of you without summoning its power." As she spoke, she did the same, letting the water relax her body as she cleared her mind of distractions. She hadn't done such a simple exercise since she was a child. But remembering this feeling was vital to teaching her new student.

"I don't want you to use your magic until I've taught you how to do so properly. But in this tower, magic is a way of life. If you want to eat, drink or even bathe," she gestured blindly to the pool they were in, "you must learn to make it so with your own will. I will help you, for a time, but you must learn."

Esmeralda did as she was ordered. Feeling her magic was easy. It seemed to course through her like blood through her veins. She was aware of it since before she knew what it was. Not summoning its power was another matter. The whole reason Esmeralda was standing here, naked, in a pool, instead of doing chores on the family homestead, was because as hard as she tried to surpress her powers, they manefested themselves almost on thier own accord, bursting out of her like water overflowing a jug. Even now, she could feel her power welling up within her, threatening to - do something. Boil the water, freeze it, make her levitate, grow larger, glow, or simply gather the water into tendrils to flail around like the tentacles of some mythological beast. Esmeralda tried to clear her mind of those distractions, but it was like trying to meditate on a full bladder.

"You are trying to beat your power down like a beast," Evelynn said. She could feel Esmeralda struggling. There were even ripples forming in the water. But she remained in her near trance-like state, keeping her voice even and calm. "Do not fight it. Work together with it until you have found peace."

Esmeralda felt the water around her growing cold, icy cold. Yet she herself didn't feel cold This was her magic, doing its thing. As the water grew more frigid, it began to bubble and roil, as though it were boiling. Steam even rose, though it felt as chill as a mid-winter's mist.

"I can't stop it!" she hissed. "I'm sorry. I know you said not to use my powers, but I can't stop it! What am I doing?" She was refering to what her power was doing to the water.

Evelynn placed her hand on Esmeralda's shoulder and channeled her own power into the young girl's body. She reached out with her own magic and created a link between them, still deep in her own meditative state. She could sense that something inside of her student was still carrying out the spell from the night before. It was reversing the spell cast by Evelynn and at the same time making it much stronger. A simple "fill the bath" was now being turned into something much different and more dangerous.

"It seems you are still trying to undo my magic," she said. "Somewhere in your subconscious, you're fighting me." It would have been easy for Evelynn to simply stop her. She could have knocked her out of it the same way she had before or simply strengthened her own spell, but those would have been stopgap measures. She needed to do something that would calm her, something that would make her stop fighting. Turning to face Esmeralda, she placed her hand on her cheek and kissed her full on the lips.

What little control Esmeralda had over her power was lost when Evelynn kissed her on the lips. Her eyes widened in shock. Instantly, the water turned to ice. The ice wasn't cold, though. It actually felt more like quartz, than ice. Frost crept up the walls like tendrils of crystal. Where the two stood, the ice became snow, soft enough to move around in, but not cold. Esmeralda scarcely noticed the trouble she'd caused. All she could think of was the kiss.

Evelynn deepened the kiss, using it to strengthen the link she had created between them. She forced herself to block out everything else that was happening and focused on the girl in front of her. She pressed their bodies together, pinning Esmeralda against the wall of the tub. Relax. Work together with me, she thought. She hoped desperately that this would work, otherwise it could end very badly for both of them.

The "frost" covered the whole chamber, turning it into a geode. Only the door was unblocked. In fact, the water was no longer water. It was quartz, of the purest kind. Esmeralda leaned against it as Evelynn pressed her naked body against hers. She reached out, and put her hands on Evelynn's hips, and kissed the sorceress back. The way Evelynn pressed against Esmeralda's sensitive breasts made her nipples harden. She was dimly aware of anything else.

Once the chamber was entirely covered in crystal, Esmeralda's powers started to ebb of thier own accord. However, the link possed a problem. Almost as if her powers did, indeed, have a will of their own, they started to activate Evelynn's magic, as though Esmeralda, not Evelynn, was in control. Esmeralda was unaware of any of this. The crystal felt as warm as the bath water, and her heart was fluttering with delight as Evelynn held her kiss.

Evelynn quickly grew breathless as they kissed. She was struggling to maintain control, and that made her nervous. She pushed back perhaps a bit harder than necessary, but she couldn't let Esmeralda continue to go wild. She needed to surpress her power just enough to let her direct it without completely shutting it down. She pulled away just enough to whisper to her apprentice. "You must reign in your magic, little one," she said. She leaned forward and kissed her neck, her hand making its way between her legs. If she could maintain her dominance over Esmeralda physically, that might translate to dominance over her spirit.

Esmeralda tried to reign in her power, but it was if someone had wedged open a floodgate. Something was preventing her from stopping the flow of power out of her. Evelynn wasn't helping. The kisses on her neck and the hand teasing her vagina weren't helping. She was starting to get anxious and excited. All she wanted to do was loose herself in bliss. It was a struggle to focus on her powers, especially when it seemed that something was drawing them out.

It became clear before long that Evelynn's plan wasn't working. If anything, she was just exciting her. Without warning, she broke the link and pulled away from Esmeralda. She moved to the center of the pool and focused intensely on returning the room to its former state. The crystals along the wall melted away in patches. The walls had been damaged, leaving cracks in the stone as it revealed itself. Gradually, the crystal began to collect itself in the tub and slowly disolved back into bath water. "Perhaps...we should teach you outside," said Evelynn, obviously dejected.

Esmeralda was rather dejected when Evelynn ceased pleasuring her. Yet she was delighted when the sorceress undid her spell. It was gradual and controlled. Esmeralda would have dispelled with the crystal with a spray of shrapnel and mist, and drenched everything. Her teachers would have been stumped as to how she'd even turned water into rock in the first place.

"You undid it!" she exclaimed. "No one's ever been able to undo the messes I make. You're the first." She wanted to hug the sorceress with glee, but part of her held her back. She was still a bit nervious, even after Evelynn had kissed and stroked her.

Evelynn didn't share Esmeralda's excitement. Dispelling the crystal had been simple. It was just a matter of reading the magic and reversing it. But as far as she was concerned, she had failed. She had taught her apprentice nothing of value and was no closer to helping her gain control. I suppose I shouldn't have expected to make very much progress on the first day, she thought. And even worse, she still didn't know how to proceed. Trying to coax her power out slowly just led to explosive displays, and trying to beat it down undid any progress they might have made.

She climbed out of the tub and went to the far wall. She ran her hand along the stone until it responded to her touch and opened itself, revealing a small closet with towels and changes of clothes. She began to dry herself and turned to face Esmeralda. "After your bath, you may return to your room. You have much reading to do."

Esmeralda's heart sank. The seductive Evelynn who kissed and stroked her was gone. The stern sorceress and teacher had returned.

"Very well then," Esmeralda said contritely. She climbed out of the basin, dried herself, then wrapped herself in her towel. "Do you mind if I wash my clothes?" she asked. "They are still filthy from my journey. If not, I have some clean ones in my bag."

"You can wear the same robes I do," Evelynn said. She looked her up and down then, getting a good look at her body for the first time. "The fit may be a bit awkward, but we can fix them later." She pulled another robe from the closet that was identical to the one she had worn before. She looked quite different now though, just on the merit of being clean and free of tears. She cinched the belt around her waist and walked to the door, but she waited for Esmeralda this time.

Esmeralda pulled on the robe Evelynn offered her, and padded after her. The robe was quite soft, though it didn't quite fit over her chest right. Her big bust was quite prominant, and the neck gaped open wide enough to show her heaving cleavage. Esmeralda only paused to retreive her boots, and slip them on. She could put stockings and undergarments on later. Then she followed Evelynn to the door.

"Those boots aren't going to last long," Evelynn said. She had given up on shoes after she had worn through several pairs. By now, her feet were calloused from years of trekking up and down stairs. She walked ahead of Esmeralda, going straight to her room, but she waited in the hall this time. "My chambers are on the top floor," she said. "After you have studied, you may visit me." Without waiting for a response, she continued up.

Back
Top Bottom