Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Sorceress' Apprentice ((demented-tiger & MissM))

nladisha

Supernova
Esmeralda felt as if she were cursed. She could do things that were unnatural, and quite frankly, terrifying. Her parents assured her these things were gifts. You're a magician, they told her. You should be proud! They tried to get some of the other magicians to help Esmeralda control her powers, but to no avail. They each reached the same conclusion: Esmeralda was much too powerful. Thier knowlege didn't even begin to cover all the things Esmeralda was capable of. So they sent her to someone who could teach her how to use her powers.

Esmeralda was quite a beautiful girl. Her breasts were full and round ((E-cups)), her stomach was flat and taut, and her body sleek and toned. Her skin was pale, her eyes blue, and her jet black hair was tied in a ponytail. She wore a simple peasant's dress, boots, and carried her belongings in a sack slung over her shoulders. She was tired from her long journey. She hoped when she arrived at her destination, she would find who and what she sought.

The Sorceress Evelynn lived in a tall tower, hidden deep in a cursed wood that most feared to enter. She enjoyed her solitude as it gave her a chance to perfect her craft in peace and to further strengthen her own powers. However, there were still those that sought her ought, hoping that the "witch" would be able to grant them their hearts' desires. And Evelynn always did. For a price. The treasures and favors she had collected in her lifetime had made her wealthier and more powerful than most sorcerers alive and many more already dead. But she always wanted more.

Although Evelynn had always been beautiful, she put little effort into her appearance. Her messy, jet black hair fell midway down her back and she wore plain, burgundy robes with little adornment. Underneath, she was a full-figured woman with a thin waist and wide bust and hips, but her clothes only offered a hint of her shape. Her already brown skin was dirty in places from chalk and spell components. She was tall, just over six feet, and below the hem of her robe you could see that she was barefoot. Had she worn make-up, she might have drawn more attention to her full lips or her eyes that almost seemed to shift in color, but she found it impractical. But despite all of that, her magic almost seemed to cling to her skin, giving her an almost ethereal glow.

Up ahead, Esmeralda spotted her destination: a tall tower, rising out of the trees. This had to be where the Sorceress Evelynn lived. Esmeralda's journey was almost complete. These woods gave her the creeps. She'd been nervious to enter those woods, adn even now, she'd wanted to bolt back teh way she came. But seen the object of her quest gave her hope. She marched forward, focusing not on the eerie feeling she'd been having since entering the woods, but on what she was going to say to the sorceress once she arrived.

When she finally reached the tower, Esmeralda circled it until she found the gate. She then banged on it hard, hoping to attract the sorceress' attention. Her heart was beating fast inside her chest.

The moment Esmeralda struck the gate, it began to swing open of its own accord. The room inside was pitch black despite the light coming in from outside, almost as if the light were being swallowed by shadow. Evelynn's voice rang out, unnaturally loud, almost as if it echoed through the entire forest and back. "My, what an interesting little girl," she said. "And it seems you've come a long way from home. Tell me, little one, what is it you seek?"

The sorceress chose to remain hidden for now. She could sense the power in Esmerelda, and was intrigued, but cautious. It wouldn't be the first time a fledgling mage had thought to gain glory by challenging her and she hadn't the patience for that today. She felt that there was something...more to this one, though.

Esmeralda gave a startled gasp when the gates swung open and the voice boomed from all sides. She felt her heart might burst from the sudden shift from excitement to fear.

"I seek the Sorceress," she called out, repeating it, since she thought her words were caught in her throat. "I come seeking knowlege - a master to teach me to harness my own magical abilities."

Evelynn could hear the sincerity in the girl's voice. Sincerity, and more importantly, fear. Pretenders to the throne always came dripping with arrogance, something this girl lacked. And so, she stepped forward out of the shadows and approached her. She was a good amount taller than the girl, so she had to look down at her as she circled her, taking her in.

"If you know anything about me, you know that I offer nothing for free," she said, speaking normally now. She examined the girl almost clinically, looking at her clothes, the color of her skin and eyes, the size of her breasts, and the even the ragged pack slung over her shoulder. She finally stopped in front of her, satisfied that she had learned all she needed to. "My knowledge is my most prized possession. The price will be steep."

Evelynn was... very tall. Her hair was the same color as Esmeralda's but her skin darker. She looked very powerful - physically, at least - and intimidating. Her words sounded ominous. But Esmeralda was desperate. She'd tried 13 years to surpress her powers, unsuccessfully, and the last three years bouncing from teacher to teacher trying control them. This was her last chance.

"I'm prepared to pay any price you ask," Esmeralda said, trying not to sound scared. "I want to learn to harness my powers. I can't learn anywhere else. Everyone says I'm too powerful. Please, I need your help."

Evelynn's lips curled in a sinister smile. Everyone was always so sure they would pay the price, even without asking what it was. "I have one condition, little girl. And I only offer you this much because you are a pretty one," she said. "I will train you to control your power. But until I decide your training is complete, you will belong to me. Mind, body and all." To drive her point home, she pointed a finger at Esmeralda's heart, holding it there for just a moment.

"If you accept, then come inside. You will not get another chance." With that, the sorceress turned her back to the other girl and walked back through the gate, allowing herself to be swallowed by the shadows within.

Esmeralda felt nervious at the sorceress' words. When she thought her training was complete. What if she never thinks my training is complete. What if I'm stuck as her slave forever, or something? Esmeralda considered turning and bolting back into the woods. But she was a menace, untrained as she was. At least back home, people were understanding. But out here, if she hurt someone, she would never be able to set foot in a village again, and not get driven out, or worse. She had to do this, for everyone's safety. She scarcely noticed Evelynn's finger over her heart. When the sorceress turned back into the tower, Esmeralda followed her into the shadows.

As soon as Esmeralda was inside, the gate closed behind her, shutting them both in complete darkness. Then, without warning, torches began to light themselves along the wall, revealing the room around them. The room was a near perfect circle, much wider than one would have believed from just seeing the outside, interrupted only by the stone steps that led to the floor above and the floor below. The doorway they had entered from was gone, replaced by a smooth stone wall.

Evelynn stood in the center of the room, facing Esmeralda. The dim light from the torches made her somehow even more frightening, casting stark shadows over her face. "Before we even get started, I need to know that teaching you won't be a waste of my time," she said, suddenly quite serious. "I want to see this 'power' that allows a little girl to frighten learned wizards. Show me."

Esmeralda swallowed hard. It wasn't so much from the fear of being in a strange place, surrounded in darkness, nor of torches lighting themselves, nor even that there no longer was any door. No one had ever asked her to show them her power. It was always "Do this" or "Try that." She was afraid to do anything spontaneous, for fear if might go out of control.

"What would you like for me to do?" she asked.

"I want you to show me something worth my while," Evelynn snapped. "No petty exercises or parlor tricks. Show me power!" With that last word, the air in the room started to spin. It made the torches flicker and whipped Evelynn's robe and hair about wildly. It exposed her bare legs and arms, revealing faint scars that had been hidden before. But the woman herself stood still within the whirling wind, like a marble statue being blown by a breeze.

"If you don't give me something soon, you will wish you had stayed home, little girl!"

"Very well then," sighed Esmeralda, bracing herself from the wind. "I'll try, but I'll need to go outside for this. I don't want to bring down the tower, in case I mess something up."

Evelynn did not move or break eye contact. She knew that the tower would be fine. Ancient magics had been built into the very walls, protecting it from danger both inside and out. Mystical energy coursed through the entire structure like blood through veins. With proper training, Esmeralda would be able to see them for herself. But Evelynn didn't tell her that. Instead, she merely stood stoic and waited as the wind grew stronger.

Apperently, that was a no. Esmeralda took a deep breath. She'd reverse the wind. Reverse it, and make it blow stronger. That would be enough. Esmeralda closed her eyes and concentrated, and the wind died down. Just as she'd hoped, the wind slowed, stopped, and began to move in reverse. It began to blow stronger, and stronger, and stronger. The torches went out, and a noise like a howling filled the air. Esmeralda opened her eyes in a panic. She'd only meant to channel just a little of her powers, as a demonstration, but now she was going full force. She couldn't stop herself. And it wasn't just the wind she was controlling. Subconciously, she wanted light. Her body itself began to glow with a brilliant white light. The torches relit, only this time, shooting great columns of flame up along the walls. The tower itself began to creak and shake, as if Esmeralda were trying to break it open from the inside. Something like mortar held it together, though Esmeralda knew ordinary cement would have long since given way. Whatever it was, it was weakening under the strain of her power. Dust and bits of stone started to fall from the walls, only to be caught, not by the wind, but in Esmeralda's magic and whirled around the air. She tried to rein herself in, but it was a struggle. Usually, she stopped when her subconcious was convinced she no longer needed to channel. She tried to convince herself she had shown Evelynn enough, but her powers wouldn't seem to listen. She looked at Evelynn in distress.

At first, Evelynn was unimpressed. But then, as the wind grew stronger and the flames spat at the cielings, even she began to flinch. She was forced to use her own power just to keep herself from being blown away. But instead of reacting with fear like Esmeralda, she became full of excitement. She plucked at the wind as if she were taking a strand of the air itself and held it in front of her, examining it. Clearly pleased with whatever she saw, she released it, and let it rejoin the flowing current.

She took slow, measured steps toward Esmeralda and smiled widely. "Well done, little one," she said, yelling to be heard over the roaring winds. She placed a hand on her cheek, stroking it softly. Then, without warning, she drew back her hand and put all of her energy into delivering a strong slap across her face.

The strength of the blow knocked Esmeralda to the ground. She staggered, and struck her head against the wall. That broke her manifestation. The glow faded, and the torches settled back into a steady blaze. The tower groaned as the stones settled back into thier places, and there was a steady rain of dust and chips of mortar. The air calmed.

"Oh," she moaned rubbing her head. "Thank you. I needed that. I could have brought down the tower. I'm surprised I didn't do that in the first place. It was as if there was something else, other than mortar holding it together. I don't know how much longer it would have helped." She looked at Evelynn fearfully. "Please help me."

"Don't worry. I'll teach you everything you need to know," Evelynn said. "The first thing you must learn is that the rules of the outside world do not apply within these walls. The only laws here are my own." She leaned down and gripped Esmeralda by the arm, pulling her to her feet. Without waiting for her to recover, she started walking up the stairs. At each landing, there was a door along the inner wall, some locked and some wide open, offering a clear view of the rooms behind them. There were libraries, laboratories, and some rooms whose purpose was impossible to identify. There were no windows, but the were various lights throughout the tower, both magical and mundane.

After climbing for some time, she stepped into a small, sparse bedroom. There was a bed, one footlocker, a desk that sat against the wall, and a lamp hanging from the ceiling. "You'll be staying here," she announced. "Now tell me. What were you thinking when you used your magic downstairs?"

Esmeralda hurried after Evelynn, struggling to keep up with the larger, stronger woman as she dragged her up the stairs. When she reached her cell, she simply sat herself on the bed. Her long journey had worn her out. But she tried not to show fatigue. Not yet. Fatigue would be weakness, and Evelynn looked like she'd be a hard teacher.

"I was focusing on reversing the wind," Esmeralda began. "Then, when I blew out the torches, I wanted light. Then, I think, my powers just all started rushing out of me. I couldn't contain myself. I feel I have so much power within me - it's like when you prick an overfilled waterskin with a pin and it explodes. It frightens me."

"That is your biggest mistake," said Evelynn. She sat down on the bed beside Esmeralda, speaking as casually as you would expect one to speak about the weather. "Firstly, because your power might as well be a wild animal the way it is now. It's a feral beast with a mind of its own. And if you let it frighten you so easily, it will eat you alive. Secondly, because as long as you belong to me, I will not allow any serious harm to come to you. That would mean breaking my end of our bargain, and I do not ever break my bargains." There was a hint of protectiveness in her voice near the end, perhaps a bit more than she had intended.

Esmeralda bowed her head and took a deep breath. Her breasts heaved up and down. She felt a little at ease with the way Evelynn patiently spoke to her. "I'm just afraid I'll hurt other people. Half the people at home wanted to drive me out for fear I'd destroy the village. The other half wanted to enthrone me in the temple as a living manifestation of the Goddess. They probably still would, if I let them." She shrugged. "I suppose part of me is afraid of what I'm capable of, if I ever used my powers to thier fullest extant."

Evelynn placed her hand under the young girl's chin, gently lifting her head to look at her. "I will admit, that is part of the reason I decided not to let you leave. A half-trained magus with your power could cause more havoc accidentally than a fully-realized sorceress with a fraction of it ever could. But after I have trained you, you will have the control you seek." She gave Esmeralda a small kiss on the forehead before letting go of her face and standing up. "I will leave your door unlocked. In the morning, come find me in the library downstairs." She crossed the room and closed the door once she left, leaving Esmeralda alone with her thoughts.

The woman felt motherly and tender. Even the kiss felt soothing. Esmeralda waited until Evelynn left before collapsing onto the bed. She kicked off her boots, and undid her bodice, letting herself relax. She was exhausted. She didn't even bother unpacking. She drifted rather quickly, and unbidden, into sleep.

Evelynn slept very little when she slept at all, so she was in the library long before Esmeralda would wake. She pulled several books from the shelves, most of them for the girl, but a few were for herself. She had been practicing magic for most of her life, but she had never been a teacher and it had been years since she had been a student. Most of the basics had become second nature to her by now, so she had to think hard to remember how to explain them to someone else.

The walls of the tower pulsed in places, sending violent sparks of color along the walls every now and then. Esmeralda's display from before had done more damage than Evelynn had predicted and tower was working hard to repair itself. "Oh, relax, you know you'll be fine," she said without looking up from her book. "Besides, it's your own fault. You underestimated her too."

The next morning, Esmeralda rose, feeling refreshed. She retied her bodice, adjusting her breasts so they rode high as she tightened the laces on her dress, and replaced her boots. She dutifully reported to the library, just as requested. She ignored the hunger in her belly. She needed to learn. That was more important than anything else.

She wasn't sure how to greet the Sorceress, so she merely courtsied. "Good morning," she said. "I am ready for my first lesson."

Back
Top Bottom