Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Nextbox, One or Xbone

LadyLarunai

Super-Earth
So the new xbox was announced this morning, I'm not sure if you guys and gals here are big gamers or not, but if you have seen any of the news what is your take on the new system?

Personally I'm a little miffed mainly because I live on used games (Australian -_-) so having Microsoft dictate an extra cost on top of a second hand disk pretty much turns me off the machine, up until this news i had been a big xbox fan for the past 2 generations although i do own most console systems.

For those that have missed it and would like to know what im going on about there is a video here and links to information

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/05/xbox-reveal-the-liveblog/

Gaming sites appear to be a little more cynical than their morning television counterparts who seem to be rather excited at the new technology.

I think it's disgusting, they are pretty much telling the people who can't afford to buy brand new games should not be allowed to play. (Well they can, but it'll cost them extra)
Just because we wait for a few months for a cheaper second hand copy to come on the market doesn't mean we don't deserve the same experience as everyone else.
They are turning it into a PC style system where you can only have one game linked to one account. It's not right. All it saves you is a couple of dollars each year which you'll be regretting when most of the market decides not to buy the shitty console.
I'm personally not going to endorse their newest edition if this is what they are going to do to their loyal customers, I'll stick with the old 360.
-Rant, rant, rant!-

I'll be sticking with my 360. I tend to get pre-owned games because if I don't like them, then I'll have only spent maybe 10-20$ instead of 60$.

I'll be looking at PS3s soon.

Yeah. No. Microsoft can shove the Xbox One up its greedy ass. I was an Xbox loyal before this release. Not anymore. They pretty much just shot their fan-base in the foot, stole their wallets, and said, "Neener, neener!"

Prettty much, I wasn't loyal to the brand in-so-much is that all my friends have a 360. I have a PS3 as well, but this shit is too far.

That whole crap about nothing you buy on XBLA transfers over got me REAL angry, guess I'm buying everything on my PS3 from the network now.

The thing that shits me the most is that the game is locked to each account so if you have multiple profiles on your console you'll have to buy multiple games. You can't just whack the disk in and have it play for everyone. No. You have to have it on a specific account. What a crock of shit. Greedy bastards.

MyHappyWorld said:
The thing that shits me the most is that the game is locked to each account so if you have multiple profiles on your console you'll have to buy multiple games. You can't just whack the disk in and have it play for everyone. No. You have to have it on a specific account. What a crock of shit. Greedy bastards.

I'm really hoping that their sales are so terrible they'll rethink such obvious mistakes, but they'll probably do very well despite being greedy little fucks.

Raivh said:
MyHappyWorld said:

I'm really hoping that their sales are so terrible they'll rethink such obvious mistakes, but they'll probably do very well despite being greedy little fucks.
I know right?
No matter how horrible of a console it is, they'll still make millions because there are that many stupid people who have to have it because they think it is better.

Hahvoc The Decepticon said:
I'll be sticking with my 360. I tend to get pre-owned games because if I don't like them, then I'll have only spent maybe 10-20$ instead of 60$.

I'll be looking at PS3s soon.

This, but I'll be looking into getting a gaming PC consoles are dead.

Well I personally will be waiting until E3 for the games they have. If nothing special is going to be offered as an Xbox exclusive its going to be PS4 for me all the way. Sony really seems to care about the gamers and the third party and indie developers this time around. Ive never been big on the PS bandwagon but Microsoft is actually making me slightly angry with their glorified cable box.

The only next en console I care to get is the WiiU and that's really just for the exclusives. Otherwise I'll stick to my 360 and see if I can eventually get a PS3 and play all the games I've missed out on.

I think they're not only looking after their own pockets but also looking after the pockets of game developers. Taking into consideration that Xbox 360 was jail broken or 'chipped' soon after its release developers may have taken a big hit when it came to selling their games on the Xbox 360 console

I like nothing about this new Xbox. I think Microsoft is blundering big time, and they don't even seem too sure about what to say about it. If you've been following the news about it, you'll find that they've said several different things about certain key issues. If the company itself isn't even sure of what they're doing with the console, why should I even bother to think about buying it? I'm sure it'll work just fine, and I'm sure it won't be a terrible experience. I rarely buy used games, so that's a non-issue with me. However, I'm fully aware that it is an issue for many people, and it's foolish for Microsoft to take the stance it has on the issue. The "always" online bit seems to be murky at best; the latest I've heard is that it will only need to connect once a day, but what if it doesn't? I haven't heard a clear answer from Microsoft. I've also heard that the console is a useless brick without Kinect, and that Kinect will take great robotic joy in watching and listening to your every move. Finally it isn't backward compatible at all, and none of your digital games will transfer over.

Basically, I think it's all so lame. I don't think the sales will be amazingly hurt. People are going to moan and groan, and like the mindless consumers that they are, they will buy it anyway; you should also take into account the scores of people that don't keep up with this stuff. It will sell a ridiculous amount of units, and it will only tell Microsoft that all of the bullshit is perfectly okay. People do it year after year with various games. DMR is terrible! Let's buy those DMR games anyway! CoD and CoD clones are ruining the industry! Let's buy them anyway!

Then again, the WiiU is a piece of crap, and people aren't buying that. That could be due to a lack of games, but I'm sure that'll turn around once the next 3D Mario, the new Smash Bros, or the new Zelda comes out. It's only crap until you "need" it. Too many gamers are a bunch of junkies, too stuck up on and too in love with their precious corporate overlords.

Disclaimer: Not a comment aimed at the users of this fine website.

http://n4g.com/news/1263854/amazon-uk-wii-u-sales-rank-jumps-875-following-microsofts-xbox-one-reveal

As the kids say: lol.

This is nuts.

I personally think Microsoft fucked up when they released Windows 8. Xbox One might as well have been their tombstone. Hell, it's all got me so pissed that I'm thinking my next laptop will be a Mac. I tried to work with 8 and it's just so damn confusing for me, the laptop I have now runs on 7 and it does just fine, despite the lack of processor power, E1 Vision AMD sadly. But that's neither here nor there.

Xbox One was a major step in the wrong direction for Microsoft. I've been bugging my significant other about news about it and she cares nothing about gaming, but even she can see that this is a pile of shit. It's nothing more than a glorified satellite box. It does everything that my cable box can do without annoying voice features. And the first thought I had when I heard about Kinect always listening and watching, I thought, "Oh Shit....Skynet will go online and be self-aware!!!" LOL. But all joking aside, I feel that its a huge invasion of privacy and it really makes me feel as if "Big Brother" is now watching me through it.

Also, the fact that it's gonna be almost double the price to play a used game on the console is another big turn off for me. Things are tight for me and my lady as it is, so when I am able to get a game, it's used from GameStop. I could imagine this move on the behalf of MS would hurt GS's revenue a bit, unless they'll be refusing to carry used XB1 games. Another pain in the ass is the lack of back compatibility, so when I get Deadpool or GTA V, I won't be able to play them on XB1?!? That sir, is stupid.

So far, when I can afford it and the library grows a bit more, unless my woman surprises me for Christmas, PS4 is going to get my money. However, my PS3 right now is sufficient for the time being. Now with that said, I'm not a complete Sony fanboy. I owned a 360 for the longest time and invested alot in Guitar Hero and Rock Band DLC for the system. But I fell on hard times and had to sell, as I had to with my first PS3. Now, I have a PS3 the same size as what is in the XB1, 500GB. I think this will flop harder than the Dreamcast did with SEGA.

jlh112586 said:
I think this will flop harder than the Dreamcast did with SEGA.

Poor dreamcast, it was ahead of its time.. i was hoping sega would try to make some kind of a comeback since microsoft is drowning, but alas they sold sonic to nintendo

This new console truly is a kick in the teeth for the average gamer.
If you're poor you're not allowed to use the system.
If you hate the Kinect, you're not allowed to use the system.
If you can't afford internet access, I'm sorry, but you're fucking screwed. You're not allowed to use the Xbox one system.

Microsoft is selling their loyal customers a glorified set top box, so fuck that and fuck them.
I can't wait to see it fail.
Which it probably won't and no one will learn a valuable lesson.

http://kotaku.com/the-xbox-one-just-had-a-very-bad-day-511766497

Welp, here you go. THe facts that are surprisingly even worse than hoping they're not true.

PfYcdHh.jpg

At this point, unless the PS4 clears up some things that it's been vague upon and they turn out to be GOOD... Or unless the Wii U starts to have games... I'll stick to my PC gaming, thanks. It's cheaper most of the time anyways, because Steam.

Xbox have just officially committed suicide. I've said it once and I'll say it again, this will flop harder than Sega did with Dreamcast. And I personally liked Dreamcast. Microsoft have completely lost touch with the public, it started with Windows 8 and now Xbox One will fail. Xbox is done...it's now all on Wii U and PS4. Honestly, I'm buying my PS4 when it gets a little cheaper and probably getting a Wii U sometime this year. Xbox 360 was the only system to somewhat have it right...

So after watching the Microsoft and Sony conferences at E3, I give E3 to Playstation. Xbox One announced their price at $499 and PS4 is at $399....REALLY?!? Does Micro$oft want to intentionally fail?!? Do they really want PS4 to win the console war? That's only the tip of the iceberg, they announced that Killer Instinct was a XB1 exclusive free to play. Don't cheer or jump for joy just yet...it's only F2P IF you have a gold membership. And you only get ONE FIGHTER for free...having to pay for the rest of them. If anyone buys this piece of shit, they're fucking stupid.

Back
Top Bottom