Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Improv within

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShatteredSoul

Super-Earth
"Go! GO!!! Fields take my left flank; Holmes take the right! Everyone else form up tight ranks and stay on my ass! And Richards! ... Richards?" Gunfire like the grand finale of a fourth of July firework show rang out in the air, but aside that and the distinct ringing in the commander's ears, there were no other voices. He whipped his head around, a standard helmet protecting his skull, and hazel eyes frantically gazed over the other members of his team. The man he was searching for, however, wasn't there, and when he turned back around....

It was getting darker, the sun was setting over the horizon, shadows on the pavement were growing larger and larger. The sound of heavy booted steps filled out the quieted air of the neighborhood that they sounded from. The footsteps belonged to a tall man, who at one point in time some five years ago looked broad shouldered, lean, athletic, handsome and clean cut, with the brightest hazel eyes in the world and golden brown hair just long enough for a woman to tangle her fingers in to match. Now though, as he regathered his balance after tripping over a piece of abandoned sidewalk chalk, he looked the part of a hobo, or perhaps a fugitive. He was famished, dirty, clad in a worn, torn up military uniform. His hair was grown out and greasy, and his face had developed a beard and mustache much unbecoming of how handsome he normally looked. And his eyes, those hazel eyes that were once bright and full of joy and love, had lost their light, and their brightness.

Once quick glance at him would surely have anyone that once knew or was close to him looking away in disregard, but perhaps with a good hard look they would see the shadow of the man he once was. He found himself hoping that that would hold true as he turned a slow left off of the sidewalk and past the opened gate of a fenced in yard. A labored sigh left his lips as he hesitated, his right hand raising across his chest to clutch loosely at his heart. It had been five years since he'd last seen her, heard from her, talked to her, written a letter, smelled her perfume on an envelope; five long years, and now he was home, he just hoped that it was still the home he had left.

-----

Ok, so, that's the introduction post. This here is an improvisation RP. In other words, no taking hours to plan and plot and come up with characters, just posting right off the bat. Little piece of background info so you know what role I'm looking for you to be playing:

My character's name is Chance Lavery, he is 27 years old and a member of the U.S. Marine Corps. Your character is/was his wife or fiance. Five years more info can be given about him upon request. 7 Years ago Chance and your character got married/engaged; 6 years ago he was deployed to South Africa; and 5 years ago he went missing after getting caught up in a crossfire somewhere in the jungle. After six months the military gave up the hunt for him and proclaimed him to be dead, at which point your character was notified. Now, as you can see, he is back, and clearly not dead. I do absolutely anticipate there to be intimate scenes in this, just as a heads up.

So, PM me a reply if you're interested or PM me with any and all questions :) I RP over PM, E-Mail, Yahoo, and Skype

This is going to sound so cheesy by the way, but one of my favorite movies of all time is Big Fish. Here is a youtube clip of one of my favorite scenes from the movie and the scene that inspired this RP to take place: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmenHbA_BNg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom