Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The boss is back (Nightstalker/cheerio)

Suzanne had smiled at his softness, holding the jacket around her shoulders even as she stood up, glad of his gentle manners before she spoke again. "Sounds like a good plan." She had moved to gather her bag and switch of the lights before locking her office. "Need anything else?"

Ross had walked casually out of her office into the long narrow hallway that led towards the front doors. Smiling into her eyes he spoke just above a whisper. "No, my car is parked downstairs in the underground car park."

Suzanne had smiled as she let him lead her away, enjoying the attention he gave her. "Alright." She kept walking, pausing only to lock the offices before she headed down to the lifts, looking over at Ross before adding. "I'm ready when you are."

Ross smiled as he walked casually with her to the lifts, waiting only a few seconds for it to arrive and holding the door open to let her enter first he stepped in behind her and pressed the car park number. Soon the lift was on the way as he took a few nervous short breaths before speaking. "Suzanne you feeling better than earlier I hope."

"I feel a lot better." Suzanne agreed softly, turning to look at him, speaking quietly and gently. "You always did seem to have something special... that's why I took you on." Her reply was quietly confident and she smiled again softly, taking his hand in her own. "It's been a while since I met someone so kind and sweet as you."

Ross smiled into her eyes glad that he could have helped even a little tonight. The sparks flew through his body from her light touching of his hand as the lift continued downwards. Stopping he held the door open again and waited for her to leave following behind before lightly touching her back as he pointed towards where his car was parked. "Oh you give me too much credit my boss and friend."

Suzanne was smiling as she watched Ross closely. She watched him in silence for a while as he walked with her to the car. He seemed to not be seeing what she saw and she found herself wondering why. Whatever the reason she was determined to make it work out. For them both. Hopefully eventually he would see what she saw. A nice guy who had a lot of love to give.

"Kinda what friends are for Ross."

Her reply was mildly flirty.

Ross felt her eyes on him as they walked towards his car, mind and body almost feeling a little numb every few seconds as he recalled his late college years. Some of the worst with the opposite sex and possibly why he had chosen to stay single but to see him now and to ask him if he did not feel something for her he would never be able to say no. In fact he did but could not add more pain. Her words made him laugh a little as fingers teased her lower back just above her buttocks as he opened the passenger side door for her. "Could not agree more there."

Suzanne had aughed as she slid into the seat.

"Do you always do that?"

She asked softly, teasingly.

"I mean, being cute."

She pulled the door shut and waited for him to slid in before smiling over at him again.

"Cause you're very good at it."

Ross heard her words and knew that the teasing and flirting had been going on all night. His mind a little restless as he buckled up before starting the engine. One hand slid from the wheel tentatively to rest on her hand giving it a squeeze as words were whispered. "Oh really well you do sexy quite well."

Ross heard her words as he began to drive towards her home, his car almost doing all the work as he went back over the night thus far. Everything he had said he meant as he glanced across towards her, fingers moving to lightly capture hers as he was soon turning onto her street. A few minutes parking up the driveway to her house before speaking. "Feel like a coffee for a nightcap or need help with anything else."

"If I remember rightly, I already invited you in Ross."

Suzanne was smirking as she added the rest.

"Although I'd love a coffee with you."

What she didn't add was that she liked him enough to want to kiss him, properly. She knew if she did that she'd most likely not be too happy with herself in the morning.

Ross smiled at her words and part of him knew there was more, more for him too but they had time for all of it he mused to himself as he got out and locked the driver's side. Soon at the passenger side he opened the door offering his arm. "Shall we then."

They had stopped at the front door, the lock taking her moments to undo before she pushed in, leading Ross inside easily, then shutting and locking the doors behind her, wanting to be safe. She had paused there long enough to remove Ross' jacket and hang it up on the wall before settling her keys into their usual bowl by the door.

"So, coffee?"

Ross had almost completely stopped as the front door was opened, following her in and watching her it took a few seconds for her words to sink in. Nodding his head he loosened his tie a little and lightly touched her back as they walked down the hallway. "I will make it, you continue to relax for the night."

Ross grinned a little at her words and ushered her towards the lounge, his eyes spotting the small curtain tie before speaking. "Oh I do insist , now relax here and I will be back or should I tie you down."

"I'll behave."

Suzanne smiled.

"Can you find the kitchen yourself or do I need to direct you?"

It was clear she was enjoying teasing him.

Ross grinned even more slyly this time, the teasing was good for both of them and playing along was helping him gain some confidence again. Turning from her he reached the doorway before speaking. "I can find most things so you should behave for me."

"Of course."

Suzanne had laughed softly as she watched him go, finding herself enjoying the game of cat and mouse. What had worried her at the start no longer did and she found him slowly captivating her with his sense of game and playing a joker. She had never really known a man to joke as much as Ross did and she found it made him all the more attractive.

Ross smiled at the combination of her words and laughter as he fully left the lounge area to enter the kitchen. Soon he had the coffee made and placed onto a large silver tray along with the small packet of chocolate biscuits. He was already looking forward to spending the weekend with her as he carried the tray out of the kitchen and into the lounge setting it down on the coffee table. His eyes meeting hers briefly as he spoke in a somewhat cheeky manner. "So glad I don't have to tie you down just yet."

"You make it sound like you don't expect me to behave."

Her comment was slyly cheeky and she was smirking again as she nibbled on one of the biscuits, offering the packet to him even as she watched him, wondering just when she had become such a flirt. She didn't much mind it though, especially with Ross who seemed to like her already. It made her just a little more confident and she smiled as she spoke.

"Didn't you?"

Back
Top Bottom