Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The boss is back (Nightstalker/cheerio)

Ross was glad she was feeling a little more comfortable around him, the light touch of her hand to his sending those sparks through his entire body. Listening to her speak he was caught off guard by her lips touching his cheek, turning his head only slightly to smile softly. He could feel his cheeks heating up and knew they must be red.

His blush drew a small smile from her and she laughed softly. "Sorry." Her words were soft and she found that she liked the way it felt to catch him off guard. She was still not sure if she was pushing too far and she paused a while to think, finding that she was a little rusty at chat up lines and choosing flat honesty instead. She needed to tell him but all the same she was a little worried about it.

"Ross..."

The words came shyly to her but she pressed on.

"Have you ever been attracted to someone you perhaps shouldn't be?"

Ross returned the smile, his nerves still gone for now until he heard those questioning words from her. Taking a few seconds to fully absorb them his fingers moved to lightly caress her, gently squeezing her hand as eyes met and locked fiercely with hers this time. "Yes I have , How one can handle that is not entirely easy with many factors influencing decisions made." He was trying to stay calm but on the inside his heart was racing, nerves tingled as he tried to keep nerves settled.

"I've heard people say it's easy."

Suzanne's reply was teasing and she smirked at him.

"Want, take, have."

She shrugged a little.

"I don't think that's such a good idea at times but with two consenting adults it could work out quite well."

After a moment or two of silence she smiled again, falling silent before moving a little closer, finding herself drawn to whispering as she got closer to his ear.

"What do you think?"

Ross listened intently to her words as he sat there captivated and enthralled by each one, her whispered words sent more sparks through him as his fingers moved to gently rub her back. His eyes almost closed as he too spoke in a whispered tone. "Oh yes indeed so it could work out but for now you should relax more with me."

Suzanne had smiled at that.

"You're very sweet."

She had let herself relax all the same, leaning a little closer to let her head rest against Ross's shoulder.

Ross barely heard her words, his heart beat slowing down as he regained all of his composure. Smiling softly he turned his head and tentatively placed a soft kiss on her forehead as fingers moved gracefully like a skater across ice up and down her spine. He was feeling more and more relaxed now himself and wanted her to feel the same as fingers gently pressed in some spots where he felt a little tension.

The soft skiting of his hand over her back and sore spine had eased most of the pressure from it nearly instantly. When he did manage to release tension he was rewarded with a soft breath of relaxed sighs. His soft kiss had soothed her tension a little further and she smiled up at him a little, finding that she enjoyed just relaxing as she had never really had a chance before now. Ross was a gentle man and she found that as much as she had been smarting from her ex's games she was learning to trust Ross almost instantly.

Ross heard the happier sighs as his fingers eased away more of the stress and tension from her body. Working their way a little lower he smiled as thoughts turned over slowly. Yes he did like her a little more than a friend, always had but kept it hidden and would continue to so for now. It was too soon after her marriage problems to jump into something else, time was needed along with trust and she would get both from him.

"How did you manage to stay single?"

The question was lazy and she spoke softly, still resting her head against Ross' shoulder, finding that she was greatly attracted to the man not only for his gentleness and attractiveness but the smarts he had showed in not pushing. If she had tried this with any other man she was sure he would have already chased more than a small kiss on the cheek, as it was he was letting her choose her own special pace and she liked it. Her lips brushed his cheek again softly, her words softer as she added.

"Either way I'm lucky."

Ross's fingers paused in the middle of her back for a few seconds at her words, throat becoming dry for an instant as well before feeling her lips softly touch his cheek. Heated cheeks immediately at her added in words as he took a few short shallow breaths letting fingers caress up and down back even more leisurely enjoying the closeness they were sharing. Her perfume although only a whiff along with everything else about her tonight was more intoxicating than the wine. His words spoken barely above a whisper. "NO I am the lucky one. Being single was more a choice and I am sure you have heard the rumors about me."

"I don't much care for rumours."

Suzanne found herself smiling as she murmured the words, enjoying the feeling of Ross' fingers against her back, his touch was slow and relaxing and she found that she liked it a lot more. He was slowly but surely winning her over with his gentle way and sweet manners. He seemed to like her in a way no man had for years and she found it easy to smile at him, finding that she was quite happy to just rest with him and learn a little more about him.

"So, tell me a little more about yourself Ross? What do you do for fun... when you can?"

Ross was sure that almost everyone else working here knew the rumors including her, that knowledge alone made him just work even harder when some might have relaxed. A little relief swept over his body as he listened to her words and felt her relax even more. His fingers barely touching her skin through the thin material of her blouse as they travelled up and down her spine. The contours alone drew him in as he spoke softly. "I try to go to the gym, mountain climb, ride my motorbike. How about yourself if you could play right now what would it be?"

"I love to read, write, draw...." A pause then she added a little more. "Sometimes I like to walk out in nature." She smiled softly and added a quieter. "I used to love just sitting like this with someone I loved, someone who loved me in return." Her smile was soft and she added. "Maybe this weekend we could spend a little more time together." The suggestion was softly done and she added a sweet. "I know I'd like to get to know you a little more."

Ross smiled as he listened to her words, he could tell that she liked to be creative as thoughts turned over slowly as to more her suggestion for the weekend. With no plans for him at all except maybe the case, damn why did his life have to revolve solely around work he mused. Fingers idly rubbing her back as he spoke. "Would like that, perhaps I can book us a small cabin in the mountains."

"That would be nice."

The agreement came easily for Suzanne and she found herself smiling.

"That way we can really just relax together."

She liked the idea and found that she liked the idea of freedom all the more. Somehow Ross understood exactly what she was looking for without her giving him any real clues.

Ross grinned a little at her words, nodding his head slightly as he looked forward to the weekend now. He knew what he liked and needed when work had ever gotten too much. His next few words almost hesitantly whispered. "Suzanne maybe you would like to paint or draw a picture of me this weekend."

As he spoke she smiled. "That would be lovely." She leant up a little more to kiss his cheek again. "You certainly would make a lovely picture." She found she meant it, although she would ever tell him the pictures on the walls of her office were mostly her own works. That would simply embarrass her.

Ross felt his cheeks heating and reddening again thanks to the combination of her sweet words and the kiss. His eyes closed briefly as fingers paused on the middle of her back. Breathing almost like he was asleep he spoke in a whispered tone. "You are too sweet Boss."

Suzanne had smiled at that.

"Ross please... call me Suzanne."

She spoke softly, clearly relaxed enough that even the reminder of the fact he was a worker of hers didn't disturb her. She was aware of time passing and when her watch beeped the time she sighed slightly, hating the reminder that it was already ten o'clock at night.

"We should get some sleep... just two days until the weekend... one tomorrow."

Ross smiled a little sheepishly at her words and did not want the night to end but knew it should. Part of him was not sure she should be left alone and tentatively his words came out in a whispered tone.

"Suzanne want me to drive you home tonight?"

His offer had made her smile and she found herself accepting the idea instantly.

"I'd like that."

She was sure she wasn't drunk but all the same the idea of having him drive her home seemed sensible as it at least meant she would be able to get home without having to walk home in the darkness. Something she had done before but hated.

Ross sighed happily on the inside having already known that she walked to work, something he was not keen on females having to do especially so late at night. Yes there had been other options but moving only slightly his hand brushed lightly across hers almost catching it as he spoke. "When you are ready we can go and in the morning I can pick you up if you want."

"Or you could stay the night."

The offer came before she had even thought about it but she didn't react to it, leaving herself open to his angry retort although she did add.

"I have plenty of room."

What he didn't realise was that she was interested in him as much as he was her but needing time, she didn't want to rush it.

Ross had stood up and could have almost been floored by her words had he not already thought they would leave her lips. In a way he could be angry but instead he lightly took her hand squeezed it before placing his jacket around her shoulders. His hand rested lightly on her back as he spoke. "Suzanne sounds good with me and in the morning I will cook us breakfast."

Back
Top Bottom