Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A girl and her goddess (Cheerio/Crimson)

cheerio_cherry

Supernova
Calliope was a warrior. A brave one and strong but seemingly alone. Most of the local warriors travelled in groups, not Calliope. Calliope didn't need a companion, at least, she told herself that, she was loyal only to her goddess. Days that had gone by recently had been troubling for Calliope and the girl found herself needing a little solace. It was that which had sent her to the temple of her goddess.

She had always expected the return to be in triumph but it hadn't been. It had been with less of a congratulatory sound and more that of a panicked child. Her long blonde hair fell in neat waves and her brown eyes were fixed on the goddess' statue. She was worried that she would be suffering soon, from an attack or from simple illness. Her worries were pushed back as she looked up at the statue, wondering just when she had began to get so attached to the temple, and her goddess. She hadn't expected it at all.

The main reason she had always been so loyal to her goddess was that the woman had rescued her at an early age, seeming sure that the girl had a purpose. The loss of her family had made her an angry woman and she had been loyal always to her goddess and had promised herself she always would be. Many people seemed to find her worrying or cold. Alone in the temple however she was less than cold, a little nervous in fact. Time had passed slowly for her and she wanted to see the woman again, someday.

That day had come. A woman stood near the statue wearing simple clothes, though she had stayed hidden. Her eyes stayed on the only mortal within sight. Without hesitancy, Bellona moved forward and walked up to the woman, "Is something troubling you Child?" she asked softly as she moved over to Calliope and put a hand on her shoulder, "You have matured quite well." she added with a smile.

She had cared deeply about Calliope, that was why she had saved her from death and that was why she had showed herself without hiding. But as she had watched the small girl grow up, the feelings had changed slightly as the death and war goddess showed herself to her follower.

Slowly, the Dark Brunette walked up to the statue and tilted her head, "What do you think of me Calliope?" she asked curiously.

The feeling of safety was all that kept Calliope from flinching away from the woman's touch. Something told her to trust this woman and she found that she cared greatly for the feeling it gave her. The woman's voice was recognisable and she found herself answering quietly, unsure why. "I... felt I needed to see my goddess." Her reply was soft and she hesitated before adding. "Lately I've not been feeling the usual rush from fighting." Her head lowered and she barely caught the woman's words, the softness in them surprising her only a little.

As the woman questioned her she looked up, looking from the woman, the goddess?, to the statue then back again. Recognition lit her eyes as she smiled softly. "My goddess means everything to me." Her reply was soft and she spoke gently. "She always has... ever since she saved me." What she hadn't said was what new feelings were growing within her. She hesitated before adding. "She thought.. you thought... I had a destiny." Her voice softened. "I can only hope she was right... I wish to serve her well."

Chuckling softly, she walked over to the statue and pulled out two swords from behind it, "You do have a destiny. But it is not meant to be fulfilled on this earth." she said calmly as she held out a sword to Calliope, "For now, let me see how you have grown. I only hope to be as lucky as your opponents to see that spark in your eye when you fight." she added.

"Calliope, my name is Bellona and you will refer to me as such. Your destiny is to be by my side as a friend and companion. If you accept this destiny, then spar with me with the sword I have offered. If not, then leave this place and never once mention me." she said seriously as she stood there.

Calliope had risen slowly, unsure of herself for as long as it took for her to cross to the other woman. She didn't want to take the sword and fight the woman but she had taken her chances. "Alright." She seemed to build her own confidence as she settled herself, readying herself before stepping back to ready herself a little more. She had swallowed once then raised the sword, preparing herself before making her first strike, aiming wide at first.

A light had come to her eyes even as she missed her mark, she had drated back all the same, snapping herself out of the way with enough time that she could take a breath, a small smile coming to her lips. She'd seen her goddess and now she kept her eyes on the prize, a chance to be with the woman for good.

The woman smirked as she would aim blows at the mortal, never aiming at anything vital. "You are a strong fighter. One of the best in the mortal world. I am glad I found you." she murmured as she turned and aimed a inhumanly fast stab at the girl's thigh, just showing her how a goddess could truly fight.

After that stab, she turned the sword and placed the tip on the ground, "That is enough." she said calmly as the swords began to vanish. Slowly walking over to the blond, the brunette wrapped her arms around her and kissed her gently, "Shall we start going to your new home?" she asked gently.

The sword had struck and brought a little blood to her thigh, although she didn't much mind. The sword had faded after Bellona's words and she straightened up, allowing the goddess to come close. The warmth of the woman's arms soothed her worries all the more and the kiss was softly tender but enough to show passion. She had responded in kind, finding herself smiling as she listened to the goddess' words. Her goddess, her Bellona.

The softness of Bellona's question had made her smile. "I'd like that." Her voice dipped lower, remaining husky. "Bellona." She liked the feel of the woman's name on her lips and found that she was unable to hide her shy yet warm smile. The brunette knew her well quite clearly and she had smiled again before adding. "Am I to live... with you?"

"Of course." she murmured softly as she put a hand on Calliope's cheek, "Why would I go through this trouble if I did not want you living with me? I get bored being alone and I need a friend." she explained as she leaned in to kiss the girl's neck gently. Slowly, she leaned down so that she was on her knees and gently licked the small wound that she had created.

"You had that spark again. The one that I have not seen in a while." she murmured softly as she looked up at Calliope with a small, seductive smile, "Mm, do you love me child?" she asked curiously.

Calliope had allowed herself to return the woman's kiss a little, allowing herself to be moved as Bellona wished although she had flinched a little at the first contact with her wound, finding it was stinging a little but pleasantly. As Bellona spoke again she found herself captivated by the woman's beauty and gentle tone, she truely was beautiful... in every way possible. Calliope had been left breathless by the time she was supposed to answer and she forced herself to swallow before speaking.

"Yes Bellona... I love you... with all I am."

Bellona smiled before she snapped her fingers, though nothing seemed to happen. Slowly, she stood up and gently grabbed Calliope's hand, "It is time to leave." she murmured gently as she looked at the mortal's face, "Though, we need to hurry." she added before she slowly started to walk towards the door, "The portal will only stay open for a few minutes." she explained.

Calliope had smiled as she fell into pace beside Bellona, keeping up with the woman purely by running and fighting to stay with her. "The portal?" The question was soft as she moved closer to Bellona, clearly happy to keep her step with Bellona despite her slight misgivings.

Bellona smiled as she stopped at the only door at the temple. Slowly, she stepped forward and opened the door, though it was not earth that was on the other side. It was a bright, almost cloudy place. She gently tightened her grip on Calliope's hand before she stepped in, "My home is just on the other side of this." she murmured softly.

"Alright." The tightened grip had given Calliope enough bravery that she moved forwards with a smile, less nervous than she had been, accepting her chance to be with the goddess would mean that she had to leave the world behind. She was smiling further as she moved closer to Bellona, knowing her smile was slightly goffy and not quite caring. She couldn't help but smile as she spoke. "I love you." The door had shut behind them but Calliope barely noticed, her eyes fixed on Bellona.

Bellona smiled at those three words, but she stayed silent. As she continued to walk, a large mansion came into view, "Home sweet home." she murmured calmly as she gently let go of Calliope's hand.

World renown fighters that had died slowly walked out and a man smirked, "Bellona. She seems too young to die and it is a she. What criteria did she fit in?" he asked with a small smirk.

The goddess frowned slightly, "Hm, she is a fighter. But she owes me for saving her life so I guess I brought her here now. She was too young to do anything then. Now she has matured. Plus, you old geezers are boring. I needed some young company." she added with a smile.

The man had turned to face her and Calliope had continued to stare him down, waiting silently. Once the man had returned she turned her eyes to Bellona, clearly waiting patiently to be told where she was supposed to go. A few other men had come to gawk and she sighed inwardly, her eyes fixed on Bellona until she eventually moved a little closer to Bellona, speaking quietly.

"So... these are your friends?"

The question held amusement.

Bellona smiled, "I wish. They are too old and boring." she said gently as she wrapped an arm around Calliope. "They were all great fighters, but they are beyond recognition by now." she added as she headed in side, making a beeline for the grand stair case. "We shall ignore all of these old timers and head to the best room here." she explained with a smile as she looked down at the mortal.

Within a few moments, Bellona opened the doors to the master bedroom. The room was spacious and everything was of fine quality. After guiding Calliope in, she closed the door and moved over to the bed where she sat down, pulling the mortal closer to her. "This is my room. Would you be opposed to sharing it with me?" she asked softly.

"Then I guess I'm in good company." Calliope joked softly, gladly letting Bellona talk, finding that she was falling for the woman all over again as she did. "They died in battle I take it?" Her words were soft then she spoke softly. "Well, never mind." As Bellona spoke on she smiled. "The best rooms?" She sounded pleased, and relaxed. No longer was she shy. She was happy.

She had been silent as Bellona opened the master bedroom and she looked around before whistling softly. As Bellona settled and pulled her closer she smiled softly, looking down at Bellona before she spoke sweetly. "I'd love to share it with you." She spoke softly, reaching to gently stroke the goddess' cheek before kneeling in front of her kneeling up to gently kiss her lovingly. "I'd love to." She repeated again.

"Battle, old age or my general greed. Each of them died differently, but most were from old age. After all how could they have been the best if they died in battle?" she asked curiously as she looked at the mortal.

Bellona was slightly surprised as the mortal knelt down in front of her, though even more so by the kiss. Almost in an eagerly manner, the goddess kissed back as her one hand started to remove Calliope's clothing, but doing it slowly. She did not want the girl running off in fear.

"Sometimes even the best get tired." Calliope explained softly. Her eyes still on Bellona. The woman's touch was soft as she slowly felt herself being undressed and when the woman was done Calliope stood to step out of her clothes, moving closer to Bellona, hesitating. "May I?" The question was soft as she began to lightly toy with the straps of Bellona's clothes.

Back
Top Bottom