Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Island of Secrets ~{For Raeona and Saber}~

Raeona

Supernova
324032-Sepik_zpse299dc02.jpg

Nia had been on her usual run through the island, a normal day for her. Her home was beautiful and even she could tell although she'd been used to the place. She loved nature, it was the only thing in the world that she found had the potential to be absolutely perfect. The trees were tall and the leaves such a perfect emerald green that as she jumped from tree to tree, it almost left a green glow on her skin.

There were wild flowers all over the place, varying in colours. It would truly be a place that would look like a safe haven, a slice of heaven on earth. She carefully jumped down from the tree she was in and landed gracefully on her feet next to a crystal clear stream. With a smile, she jumped across the stream, stepping on a few stones that were sticking out of the water until she reached the other side.

It wasn't long until she reached the edge of the forest and gazed out to see the ocean. Smiling, she climbed up into a tree and sat down on a higher branch, her eyes gazing at the horizon. A happy sigh came through her lips, and she felt completely at ease. That was, until she saw a strange dot appear in the distance. She squinted her eyes slightly and tried to see what it was as she climbed up higher into the tree.

“Land spotted! Get ready to drop anchors and set a scouting ship ahead! Signal us by bow and flaming arrow should anything go amiss.” The sailors of the ship were quite use to getting ready to tread land, and that made Christopher somewhat nervous. A knight of two years, he had completed his squiredom rapidly thanks to his skill before having been given the knighthood honors. This would not be his first task as a knight, but so far it was definteily one of his most important, and as the other soldiers got on the landing ship, Christopher was directed on, though he forewent wearing his armor just incase the ship sank. A tall man, Chris ran a hand through his blonde hair, his green eyes looking about as they slowly approached the shore with every tiring stroke. Minutes would turn to an hour, and they were only now hitting shore. Four knights in all, there were six more on the ship, as well as a battalion of soldiers under their command.

The eldest knight – Stahl would be the first to tread land, a more wizened look being given to the others. “Abel, Rickern, you two sweep the shore and ensure there are no potential hostiles. Chris and I will separate, and do the same for the nearby forests. The main ship will be making landfall soon, and I want to ensure it goes smoothly.” his voice was tense, and he began to head to the west. Christopher gave a calm nod, heading to the ease, unaware that his arrival had been spied upon.

Nia watched as the ship got closer, such a strange thing... She tilted her head to the side curiously as she saw another small boat begin to make it's way towards shore. She watched as a group of men stepped onto shore wearing strange clothes. Tilting her head to the side a bit, she smiled a bit and watched one of them coming her way.

Blinking curiously she grinned and as one of the men neared the tree she was in, she let herself drop. She landed on her feet right in front of him and straightened up, gazing at him curiously and casually inspecting him

Chris continued to explore the island by himself, boots making partial imprints in the sand as he tread through the beach and to the jungle. The chrips and squawks oof birds partially died as he approached, though some of the noisier ones continues to make their sounds. At first, Christopher merely thought this would be a boring job, at least until he heard something from above that quickly began to descend. The sight of something large dropping infront of him made his hand reach for his sword instinctively but as he saw the figure in more detail his hand merely rested upon the hilt. A woman? He didn’t expect that.

“....Can you understand me?” Chris spoke after a moment, his voice calm, even friendly. There was no need for violence just yet. They were told of natives, its just he never expected to run into one so soon.

Nia tilted her head slightly and hesitantly nodded her head. "Yes" She said, her voice having a strange accent to it as she began to slowly walk around him. "Your kind have been here once before, and taught me and a few others" She explained as she continued to inspect him before showing up in front of him again and crossing her arms. He seemed a bit on edge, the way his hand was resting on the hilt of whatever it was by his side seemed to show that a bit.

"What are you here for?" She asked, crossing her arms and shifting her weight over to one side curiously, knowing that if anyone else had found him, he likely would have been killed instantly or dragged into the village for questioning.

Her voice had a bit of an accent to it, though he was glad whe was able to speak his language. Others were here? Perhaps explorers, or maybe the knights had already visited this island before him. But his hand eventually moved away from his blade for now and merely kept close. She seemed unarmed and while she may have been only one among many hiding here he didn’t want to seem ready to kill or hurt her. “I was looking for others here, I have come with allies of mine and we mean no harm.” A lie, but hopefully one that wouldn’t be questioned. “I didn’t really expect to find a native. My name is Christopher, I would like to talk peacefully with you if I may.” He tried to use a calmer, friendly voice. There was little need to set her on edge, or make her even more distrusting of him afterall – and he tried his best to relax his stance, help with making it easier to talk.

Nia took a moment to think it over, tapping a finger to her lips slightly. "Well, I do not see anything wrong with that" She said simply before she smiled a bit. "My name is Nia" She said, gently resting a hand on her chest before she glanced around a moment. "We should not stay here, my people will find us eventually, and they will not be so kind" She said before taking his hand and walking off into the forest, trying to pull him along. While her english was pretty good, she had a few flaws. One, the odd accent that ended up making her pronounce some of the words in strange ways, and she hadn't been taught anything like conventions. Still, she was simply happy that she could manage to talk with this man.

“Good.” He gave a smile as she smiled back and said it would be okay to talk. “Nia, it is a pleasure to meet you.” he bowed his head faintly, looking her over. “Where would you suggest we move to then?” As she took his hand, he kept aware of where they were, what direction they had traveled from and other things. He didn’t want to be caught off guard, and as she spoke he took note of how she still spoke, she was making an effort. “You speak the language well, how long ago did you learn it?” It was a small conversation piece, and it let him know when they were visited which could prove useful.

Nia glanced back to him as she walked and shrugged a bit. "I think it was... Two or three years ago" She said softly before she waved it off passively with her free hand. Soon, they arrived at a spot where the trees thinned out and they were back on a sandy part where, nearby, was a cave by the water. Smiling, she wandered over to it and then turned to look at him "People do not usually come out this far, it is a fair distance from the village, so you should be safe here." She explained.

That was a bit of time ago, it was amazing she still had a grasp of his language despite the time. “I see, so we are far away enough?” he asked her as he looked at the cave and soon began to enter it with her. “Alright then, thank you.” She seemed rather trusting, and were he a crueler sort her story could easily end in this cavern. “Are the other villagers usually so hostile if you are worried about them?” If so he would need to warn his allies, but that could wait for the moment.

"Well, it is hard to tell" She said, sighing softly and shaking her head. "They can be rather...I don't know how to say it in your language. But they change how they think and act rather fast" She explained before sighing a bit. "Either way, this is just safer for now. But I need to know why you are here, I can try to talk to my people and let them know you mean no harm... But I can not lie to them"

“I see. Well, I don’t want to anger them. If I stay perhaps you could ingratiate me to them?” He asked after a moment. “But for why I am here... I am a traveler. I had heard of this island from another, and wished to view it myself.” Of course, there were others - this cover wouldn’t last long but it was a good one to come up with on the spot. “And I got lost, I am hoping to find something here... But i’ve only heard rumors about this land.” He gave her a polite smile, a short bow of his head to try and show respect.

"As long as you're with me, they should be okay, or they'll at least hesitate enough for me to call them off" She said softly, putting a finger to her lips. "But, I should probably introduce you to them either way, bring you to the village. I mean, you're not going to want to be with me all the time, so we should at least have the village aware that you're here and mean no harm so they won't attack in the future."

“Very well. Thank you, this must be a bit of a big risk to be taking a stranger to your village, I wouldn’t want to see you get hurt over me.” It was actually rather polite of her, and as she mentioned not wanting to be with her all the time, he gave a small shrug of his shoulders. “Its a good idea, would you be willing to show me your village? I would hope you would not get in any trouble over this.” He did mean that, given how that would be a rather generous offer from her!

"I should be okay, do not worry about me" She said, smiling softly and nodding her head "Ready to go?" She asked, starting to head out of the cave."It is not too far, just about a ten minute walk" She said as she glanced back to him and began to lead him into the forest

“Yeah, i’m ready.” He would follow her, soon walking at her side – the clouds outside seemed thick and heavy and as they continued to walk, rain would start to pour down. Light at first it steadily began to grow louder and harsher, the water droplets coming down at a constant rate. Chris sought out shelter, walking under the trees as much as possibly. “Ugh... Hey, come over here. I don’t want to see you get soaking wet.” The stranger would give a small smile to her.

She glanced over to him curiously as she walked, raising an eyebrow. "Why? There is nothing wrong with water" She said, giggling softly and shrugging her shoulders. After a moment though, she followed him under the treetops anyways to help him feel more comfortable. "You are not scared of rain are you?" She asked with a small giggle.

“Scared of the rain, now?” He asked, keeping careful to make sure he didn’t get too wet as he looked at her and held back a bit of a grin. “Hardly tired. But after being on a boat for a few weeks it does get quite tiring to be wet all the time, you know...” The warrior added after a moment, unable to hide all of his good will at having someone to talk to. This was absolutely pleasant for him, and he saw her as another person, even if she was not from his lands.

She smiled softly and nodded her head, walking along with him. "A boat, was that the strange thing you were on?" She asked, glancing over to him and raising a curious eyebrow. "It was rather large, how did your people make such a thing?"

Back
Top Bottom