Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The closeness...(Insane/Cheerio)

cheerio_cherry

Supernova
The idea of working in a job which often dealt with dead bodies, blood and gore would put most people off their job. Not so Heather Samuels. Heather was a local CSI in Los Angeles who often worked with local Detectives. When she had been called away from her home at 5. AM she had not been best pleased but she had gone.

Now she knelt over a dead body, checking for palm or finger prints on the vic's clothing. There hadn't been any in the string of similar murders that had happened recently and Heather came up dry, seemingly frustrated. She had said nothing but the simple anger in her sigh was enough.

Heather was around 38, tall with a slim figure that some thought made her boyish. She had never told people much about her life and she seemed to be a gym bunny, keeping herself fit. Her eyes were a bright and honest blue and she had always worked hard. Long brown hair was tied out of her eyes, her smirk clear as she recognised the victim.

"We don't need that I.D. Boss."

Her Chicago accent was clear and she smirked again as she added.

"This guy's a local gangbanger, a LA Angel by the name of Richard 'Richie Rich' Richardson."

Some say being a detective is probably one of the worst jobs a person could choose to have. Always having to question people, or having to tell a victim’s loved ones that they've just lost a brother, sister, son, daughter and so on and so forth. Ruby Nator tended to disagree. Ruby liked her job as a detective in Los Angeles.

She received a call at 5 AM, responding with mutters and mumbles as she hung up the phone. Now she stood at the crime scene, her long, blond hair tied back in a ponytail. She was 37 not too tall, but certainly not short. Her slim figure seemed to go well with her blond hair and blue eyes. She watched as the CSI worked the scene before walking over.

“So what’ve got so far on the victim?” She asked, looking down at the dead man’s body and shaking her head lightly from side to side.

"Technically nothing." Heather replied with a sigh. "I can give you his name, age, date of birth... without using the files." She shifted to indicate the guy's tattoo. "Helps when they tattoo their name age and dob on their neck." She seemed to be smirking again and paused to finish her search of the victim, finding his fingers cut off. "From the look of it Richie here got too close to the boss' wife... again."

Heather was a Chicago native and when she'd first been up here she'd fallen in with Richie and his gang. What she had never siad was who did it. "I'd say his girlfriend is over in the bar... and our witnesses are probably his local biker friends." She may not have been a detective but in this job she learnt plenty. Her eyes went stright to his pants pockets. "He's been stripped of his I.D. necklace, badge and belt-buckle... and I can tell you now the guy's cash isn't here."

“Yeah, but the tattoo also reveals that the gang bangers aren’t very bright. Identification theft made possible, just by noticing a tattoo.” Ruby shook her head again, kneeling down next to the woman she was speaking to and looking at the tattoo. “Richard Richardson, how original.” She couldn’t help but roll her eyes a bit before shifting her gaze to where the vic’s fingers should be.

“Alright, I’ll go and ask around a bit. See if I can come up with anything.” With that, she stood and walked away from the scene. Sighing, she moved towards her car and opened the door. Might as well just walk Ruby, the bar isn’t that far. She shut the door and started in the direction of the bar, where she was likely to find the vic’s girlfriend and also his biker friends.

Heather had smiled slightly as she watched Ruby leave. The girl was smart... and it didn't hurt that she was sweet as well. Of course, the fact that she had taken her eyes away from the body probably wasn't such a good idea and she turned her attention back to the biker's body and the site. It was whilst she was cataloguing the blood spatter that she became aware of someone else behind her. She half-turned, only able to let out a small squeak of fear before the man's had closed over her mouth, keeping her screams muffled as she suffered blow after blow.

As he let her go she screamed all the same, unable to do much more with the pain she was feeling. Anger welled up in her eyes and she lay still, pain keeping her from standing up or moving very far. She had been lucky to be left alive and she knew it, it didn't help that she was struggling to stay awake however. The last she heard was the door opening before the last of her strength edged away, leaving her passed out and barely breathing.

Ruby wasn’t all that surprised to find the girlfriend drunk as hell, flirting with basically every person in the bar, whether they were male or female. And the only thing the biker’s threw her way were sexual innuendos, most of which made her want to shoot one of them in the family jewels just for the hell of it. Seeing as she couldn’t do that, she just left, leaving the bikers laughing and howling like animals behind her.

When she returned to the scene, the first thing she saw was Heather on the ground. Cursing, she looked around and pulled her pistol from it’s holster before moving towards Heather. When she got closer she breathed a sigh of relief when she saw that the other woman wasn’t dead, but instead just severely beaten, not that that was any better. She made sure no one was still at the scene before slipping the pistol back into it’s holster and kneeling down next to Heather.

Heather had stirred only slightly. She felt sore and needed to find a way to make it back. Her mind was still there but her body wasn't responding in the way she wanted it to. Somewhere inside her she knew that she had to wake up at some time, her fight was clear from the yelp of pain she gave when she finally managed to find her way to get her eyes open.

She was slightly shivery all the same and she found it hard to make much more of a move, although she had visibly relaxed once she spotted Ruby. What she had never told the woman was just how much she liked her and she was rather determined not to say it, although she had visibly winced as she moved a little closer.

Ruby looked around again, feeling slightly uneasy about the scene now. She returned her gaze to Heather when she heard the yelp, her eyes were now open. “Hey. Try not to move alright?” She smiled a bit down at her, sighing. “Did you see who did this to you?” She asked, lifting the woman’s head slightly from the ground and resting it in her lap.

She shook her head lightly from side to side and sighed, absentmindedly running a hand through the other’s hair as if to comfort her. “I’ll call for help in a moment.” She said, smiling down at her again.

Heather had felt a little safer after the woman lifted her head into her lap, finding the softness of Ruby's touch in her hair soothing. Something about the way she was being treated helped her relax despite the pain radiating it's way through her body. She had been unable to bring herself to speak for a little while but after a few moments more she spoke. "O..kay." Her voice sounded weaker and slightly huskier than usual.

The soft manner of Ruby's words had eased her pain a little more and she spoke slowly, her voice still weak and scratchy. "I... hit dial when he jumped me." She hadn't seen much about who jumped her, only the man's hand and feet.

Ruby continued to stroke the other's hair, nodding slightly at what she said, "So help should be here soon, until then try not to move around to much." She smiled and moved her hand away from the woman's head, letting it rest in her lap. "Didn't get much information from the girlfriend, nor the biker buds." She sighed and looked over towards the body, it didn't seem to have been tampered with but they would have to check later to be sure.

She looked back down at Heather and gave a small, reassuring smile. "Isn't this job just so fun?" She asked, the sarcasm heavy in her voice as she sighed.

Heather laughed softly. "I love my job." Her response was slightly sarcastic all the same.

Her mind had been busy even as she lay still, missing the feel of Ruby's touch in her hair but just not brave enough to ask her to repeat the movement. She wasn't ever going to be brave enough to ask for that, she'd suffered enough refusals. There was the fact she was into women but had tried men first then the fact she was a reformed gang-banger herself. Still it had given her a chance to think about it. Now she spoke up slightly, yelping when she moved too far and too fast.

"I could hep with that..."

The help had finally arrived and before they got much more of a chance to steal her away she had spoken quietly, finally giving in to her fear.

"Come with me?"

Ruby smiled and nodded abit, "We all love our jobs, whether they're thankless or not."

She debated against returning her hand to the woman's head, she had actually liked the feeling of the woman's hair falling through her fingers. She was actually starting to like Heather a bit and was slightly saddened when the help came. But her spirits were lifted when Heather asked her to come with her, nodding a bit she smiled.

Heather had smiled meekly at Ruby, unsure how best to address the feeling she was having. She had been glad of the woman's company and when the investigation as to what had happened to her was done she was wheeled back and left to relax. She hadn't been able to relax but she had been glad to see Ruby was still there. Her eyes had shown the pain she was feeling even as she struggled to keep tears out of her eyes.

She was alright with pain but the pressure she had been feeling for a while had bubbled over and she had barely choked them back, hiding her face in her hands, clearly hurting. What she hadn't said, ever, was how much she'd struggled to get that far and get the job she was currently in.

Her voice shook as she spoke.

"Sorry."

Ruby was more than happy to accompany Heather, her feelings for Heather were growing, as was the small worry. When Heather was wheeled in and left to relax, it took most of her will power to stop herself from just rushing forward but she managed and walked over to her. Smiling abit, she couldn't help but run a hand through Heather's soft hair. " No need to say sorry for anything." She said in a soft voice, smiling reassuringly.

She could tell the other was hurting, whether it was the pain or somethng else that was just eating away at her thoughts. She ran her hand through the other's hair again and smiled the same reassuring smile from before. "Anything you want to talk about, anything bothering you?"

Heather had trembled a little under Ruby's gentle touch. She liked the way the woman was stroking her hair but found that it worried her. What if they were found out? Worse still, what if Ruby was hurt because of her? Still she couldn't help but give a small sigh and relax under the woman's touch. She already knew she was falling for the woman but she hadn't expected to feel so close to her in such a short time of working together. She guessed it helped that this had happened as they were closer now than before.

As Ruby spoke again Heather felt something rise within her, a new hope.

"Promise not to leave?"

Ruby continued to stroke Heather's hair, running her fingers ever so softly through the other's hair. She couldn't help it, infact she wished she could just hug Heather tightly and never let go, but she held the feeling back. She felt strange, this feeling felt strange and it worried her slightly. She shrugged the worry away and smiled abit, nodding slightly and sighing. "I promise not to leave." When she said that she meant it, and she planned on holding that promise.

"You remember the first case I worked on?"

The question was soft and Heather sighed softly, then pushed herself on, knowing that being scared wasn't going to help her now. She had to say it and get it out the way.

"I was so scared I'd screw up."

A small but painfully forced laugh escaped her.

"I'm just a snot-nosed kid from the Chicago streets... I didn't think I had a chance at a job like this. Hell, back when I was 17 I fell in with the wrong crowd and came up this way to cause a riot. Richie... Richie got me out of that life, he found me on the street and took me under his wing, paid for my training... everything. For a biker the guy was alright."

She fell silent, then added.

"I guess I'm afraid I got him killed."

Ruby nodded, thinking back to Heather's first case, she couldn't help but smile a bit. She continued to listen, sighing softly and shaking her head abit from side to side. "He sounds like he was a pretty nice guy." She ran her fingers through her hair again and shook her head. "You didn't get him killed so stop thinking like that." She sighed and smiled reassuringly, "I can't say I know what its like, I have the life people wish for," She paused for a moment and sighed again, "The American dream."

"Sounds like there's something missing." Heather spoke softly. "Like a husband or a significant other?" She seemed to know what Ruby was thinking but it had been a pure guess, her initiative born from her time on the streets of Chicago and from the time she had spent as a biker chick. She actually felt a little for Ruby and before she could stop herself she spoke again.

"What's a nice girl like you doing working as a cop anyway?" She paused then added. "Seems to me you should be happily married and relaxing by a pool."

Ruby shook her head and sat down in a chair, looking at Heather. "With my job I have no time for dating, or love," She sighed and looked at the ground, "Besides in this profession your loved ones could get hurt, leaving you lonely and alone." She paused but her gaze never left the floor and she shook away a few memories. "I guess I'm just not like my family, high and mighty and what not. I just want a simple life I guess."

"Well you certainly have simple." Heather commented softly, noting the look on Ruby's face before she spoke up again. "I know it's hard in this kind of a job to date or even risk a friendship..." Her voice softened and she continued gently. "Ruby... I never dreamt I'd feel like this again, not after my last relationship... but I want to get to know you... outside of the job."She smiled softly. "Besides, I have a thing for cute blonde detectives."

Ruby nodded abit and looked up, she had a simple life that she enjoyed and she planned to keep it that way. She listened intently and her heart sped a bit and she smiled. "I..I would like that Heather..." She smiled and couldn't help but let a small, childish giggle escape her lips. "You do do you?" She grinned and stood, running a hand through Heather's hair, "Well, this cute blonde detective has a thing for you."

Heather had smiled warmly at Ruby's words, catching the girl's hand with her own, lightly pressing a soft kiss to the woman's palm, gently releasing her hand to pat the bed invitingly. "Sit down." She offered the words quietly, finding herself entirely interested in the other woman's eyes and wanting to kiss her, just to know what it felt like. She had wondered for a while now what it would be like but she knew she would most likely harm herself if she did what she wanted, so instead she reached up to gently caress Ruby's cheek.

"You really are quite stunning you know?"

Ruby grinned a bit when Heather took her hand, kissing her palm softly. She smiled and took the invitation to sit, looking into the other's blue eyes. She could get lost in those beautiful eyes, her gaze travled down to the Heather's lips. Wondering what it would be like to share a kiss with this wonderful woman that was before her.

"Funny..I was thinking the same about you." She smiled, her gaze moving back up to the other's eyes.

Heather had smiled softly at Ruby's gentle comment, easing herself upright a little, bringing them face to face and pretty close to nose to nose. She had paused only a second to whisper a soft "Thank you" before bringing her lips down over Ruby's the kiss lightly searching, almost questioning. Her eyes had closed for a moment or two and she had brought her hand to the back of Ruby's head, gently keeping her in the kiss for a while before releasing her again, her eyes opening as she let the woman choose to pull back or stay with it.

Back
Top Bottom