Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Southern Comfort ( Wolvenrogue and Risky Business)

"I slept wonderfully,and if I could wake up this way every morning, I'll always be a happy man." It had indeed been a wonderful night, but the time had come to be up and on the move. Their ruse would only last so long before one commander or other would put two and two together and then they would be hottly persued. The success of their plans depended upon thier falling out of sight in the Colorado territory before that happened. Roger put a pot of coffee on to boil as her broke what little camp they had put together. Once it had boiled, he poured them each a cup full and stored the still full pot under the seat, and kicked out the fire. Leah would have to cut and butter biscits for them as he drove the wagon westward.

Leah smiled and kissed him on the lips as they got ready for the day, it would be a long trip to their destination.

She grabbed her cup of coffee as they boarded the wagon, she began to cut the biscuits and butter them with difficulty but she was successful. She handed him his biscuit and after, bit into hers. She smiled over at him, taking a sip of her coffee to wash down her biscuits as she nibbled on it slowly. "How long will it take us to get there, Roger?" She asked, looking over at him as he gripped the reins and stared with ease. The sun was blazing down on them but they were coming up to a path covered by trees.

"A week, perhaps two, depending upon the weather, and of course the Indian situation and catching a ferry boat across the Mississipi river. " they drove down across a wide valley before entering the wooded trail, she had seen . The going was considerably rougher now ith roots crossing there path and shking their wagon nearly to pieces at times. Holding the reigns with one hand he wrapped an arm around her to help her stay in the seat. The woods got progressively deeper as the went on, and the trail narrower. Finally late in the afternoon, with the light under the trees leavingthem, the found a small clearing off the side of the trail, and being tired and hungry, they pulled off the trail and started setting up camp.

She leaned into him as he pulled her close, smiling up at him as she moved with the wagon. The shade from the forest taking away the heat, the road was bumpy but the cool shade was worth it, should could deal with. They drove down the stretch what felt like hours before they came across a clearing, the sun slowly setting around them as they set camp beneath a tree. She bundled sticks for a fire before taking out a few potatoes that she had took from the camp. "What do you think we'll do when we get there... what's going to happen for us?" She said, with a smile. She didn't mind where they went, as long as she was with him.

Well will live out of the wagon until i can build us a cabin. hopefully before winter, and then we can settle down to the task of having a family. I should say 6 or 8 kids, what do you think? " he decided to make their bed in the wagon this night considering the hazard that was posed by snakes in the woods. While she boiled the potatoes, he took a pistol and went hunting for meat. 15 minutes later a gunshot was heard and he returned with a wild turkey, enough meat to feed them for three days.

Back
Top Bottom