Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Favorite type of RP subjects

Favorite type of RP subjects

• Total voters

Dogged

Star
What's your favorite type of RP subject(s)?
I like fantasy, fanfic and medieval/historical styles most, but some spicy stuff is fun too.

I have a quite a few different things I like, most of which I do indeed like for there to be some sort of romance or sexual tension to be present. However, though I might like for there to be romance and sex and what not, I MUST have plot. Without plot, I might as well not bother RPing because if it's just the sex aspect.... yeah.... I get bored and VERY unhappy and feel like I'm wasting my time. It's just how I'm wired.

Anyway, as for subjects? I have a few genres I enjoy, for starters: fantasy (this can be medieval, modern/urban or even scifi fantasy), steampunk, hard scifi, cyberpunk, apocalyptic/post-apocalyptic scenarios, dystopic scenarios, horror, pirate themes to name several. But I also enjoy RPing in certain historical settings such as ancient Rome or Greece, medieval times, the Renaissance, the Victorian Age, the Regency Period, the Old West/pioneer times... along with certain fandoms--particularly Riddick, Sin City, Harry Potter, Firefly/Serenity, Tolkien, Dune, Zelda, Castlevania and various storybook settings (ie, Alice in Wonderland, Little Red Riding Hood, Snow White and the Huntsman, etc) to name several. As you can see, my tastes are quite eclectic. But, I think this is a good thing since it broadens my scope and keeps things interesting.

*nod nods* Definitely!

I don't mind spicy rp at all, but without a reason, I mean, why bother right? Totally agree with you on that one because if it's literally pointless, then it's a waste of space. Maybe we should plot to plot some rp in the future?

You're an HP fan too?! I've never really got the idea of Steampunk. I know -of- the concept with victorian era vs. technology sort of thing. What is it exactly that you like about it? I do agree that historical rp's can be tons of fun, and yes both Tolkien and Dune are ah-friggen-mazing!

Exactly. I need a healthy mix of everything or else I become very unhappy and I most certainly need to have plot over the others first and foremost just because I need something to drive the story forward. And, for me, that is an actual plot. Not the sex itself. :)

Ahh Steampunk, how I love thee. XD Actually, what I love about it is the versatility. Depending on who you speak to, you very well might get a different answer as to what Steampunk actually is. For me, however, I think all of them are right because it is in fact a conglomeration of many things. I see it as a beautiful blend of fantasy and scifi while throwing in interesting historical aspects. Now, these historical aspects can be Victorian (and often times is), but it doesn't have to be limited to this. It sometimes broaches on the brink of leaving a 'steam era' behind and moving into other eras where perhaps electricity, radio or other such technological marvels are the new and upcoming thing. I think the fundamental commonality is that there is an 'older' feel to it all, that sense of 'olden times'. Sometimes these ages or eras are literally a throw back in time where we visit an alternate time line, sometimes it's a throw forward into the future where we visit a new world after a cataclysmic event so a new timeline is being forged wherein the world had to start over. Sometimes mythos and magic are thrown in there giving it fantastical elements. Overall, it's a wonderful genre that opens up many doors to the imagination and it is one that most should explore if they are willing to take a stab at something truly unique that also has the ability to incorporate so very much from many of the literary niches out there.

As for plotting??? Hehe... we very well might. You never know. You'll have to take a peek at my thread to see if that is something that is possible. XD

Plot with spice is the way to go for me; how much spice can certainly vary, but I need at least something to give it a chance to continue. Sometimes, pure spice can be fun....Though very rarely is this the case for me. Like I said, I'm a story guy; I like causal analysis, and seeing what can develop from someone's choice. Sometimes it surprises me and takes me off on a whole new tangent that I didn't even think was possible. But that's what I love about it.

As for eras, almost any era will do, but there needs to be an element of fantasy to it (magicka, mythos, etc, like DA was saying) otherwise it's just boring. Either that or the ability to create really insane technologies that would probably never work but can be explained by pseudoscience. Personally, my favorite eras are futuristic, medieval and definitely science fiction. And my thing to roleplay is war. Let me feel the adrenaline rush as a Viking berrserkr experiences "bärsärkar-gång", let me hear the clash of metal on metal, let me see the inextinguishable fires of warrior's rage burn upon the land!

*ahem* Anyhow, that's my favorite kind of stuff to RP. I can also do some fluffy stuff (i.e. romance) but I prefer plots heavy with conflict, dark humor and strife.

Plot with spice, hands down. There really is no point - for me at least - to do a pure spice story/RP. Like Raz, I like analyzing and developing, especially if I do an anime setting and use an OC. It definitely makes it even more worthwhile to go through the effort of creating someone fit for the proper setting and figuring out their appearance, personality and such.

Fandoms are definitely one of the easier genres for me but knowing not everyone here can do this, I can as quickly adapt to a fantasy or fantasy-modern type of setting. Pure modern settings need a very good plot for me to get convinced; after all, that's partly why I log on here; to temporarily forget of my real life behind the screen and better my writing skills. It often feels redundant to do an RP in a modern setting but it's not impossible to suggest ideas to me for the aspect.

Plots are, I find, best when they have some amount of angst/conflict involved. I've tried pure romance; it's boring. Then again, I've always loved action scenes, be it in movies, books, whatever. I need some form of this, regardless of how it's done.

And that's me summed up.

Plot with spice for me too. I like medieval fantasy and sometimes modern. It is the story line that gets me going. Sometimes I feel like I see too much of the modern world every day to want to RP it. I need to read some more steampunk, I like that but don't know enough to play it well. I still love the Harry Potter world too.

Dogged said:
My absolute favorite is you Krimson... ;)

Awwww!

heartbeat.gif

smooch.gif

iloveyou.gif

LOL! I'm loving all the variety I'm reading about... it's quite nice to see and making my brain spin with thoughts and such. XD

I enjoy more realistic plots, a lot of drama and romance, a bit of comedy as well.
But I do have a fondness for role plays that are based on military encounters, especially during World War II.
My role plays have to have a lot of violence and a lot of spice.

-nodnod-

My preferences have drifted somewhat... I used to be a straight-out one-on-one reality role-player with strong aviation-related plotlines (and want to do more of these), but then I wandered onto a Member's website and got into ferals (specifically equines), which was very cool. Then I got into an "historical fantasy" off-site (E-M) 'play involving a devil and an angel, which has all the ingredients and MAY turn out to be the best one I've done... at one point I wanted to learn more about "the Neko thing" but that sort of passed. Really, if a scheme "tickles my fancy", I'll give it my best shot.

I like to be kidnapped. Something it does to me sexually being taken suddenly when I don't know it. Taken to a secluded place that I can't escape.

Alternative fantasy reality, a conglomeration of high adventure with golden era philanthropy and back alley treachery. Where magic is passed down through the generations, often dictated by draconian ideology embraced by the power elite. The lower echelons of society only garnering their abilities when someone decides to fuck the system and marry who they want. Romanticism coupled with dystopian shenanigans at it best/worst.

Sexy times are nice and all, but without a plot I'll quickly lose interest.

In recent months (which is to say since my initial post in this thread) I've morphed into a total slut for off-beat plots; if it's weird enough and plausible enough I'm there! Being amenable to extensive research doesn't hurt (never has). Hanging out in the Games Forum is like watching an endless freak parade with a lifetime pass to march with anyone who looks interesting - and many have!

I like all except Anime, but voted for Plot with Spice as it seemed pretty general.

I tend to like seeing how characters deal with things and how they communicate with each other, so that can take place in most contexts and roles, sex is usually the device I use to create some kind of tension but it doesn't have to be a montage of sex or any actual sexual intercourse, more that undercurrent of tension and conflict that I like to write about.

I also like misfits who are just trying to deal with the world or find some kind of comfort in someone.

Back
Top Bottom