Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

No-Man's Land (Forty Five x Me)

Lost Legacy

Lusting for the Dark
Masculine Number 12 helped Female Number 15 out of the hole that had once led to their world. He looked up into the sky the lights up here were extremely bright, almost blinding. He couldn't find a switch around anywhere to turn it off. He shrugged it was the least of his worries how to turn the lights down.

Him and 15 were now the last of their kind. The disease had entered their home killing everyone. The last known place where man prospered and survived was now gone.

He looked at 15 in a pleading way as to say, What now? Her auburn hair flashing in contrast with the dull cracked brown around them. He wasn't sure what to say or do so he just stood there watching the last human he was sure he would ever see.

She inturn looked to him. His white outfit was now redish brown from the dust spinning around them, his red hair was in a tangled mess as he did not have time to brush it this morning. This being his first time in sun-light he was rather pale.

15 looked back at him, shrugging her slender shoulders to indicate that she did not know. She had never been in this situation before. She was used to being told what to do by the scientists, but they were gone now. Dead by the disease that had killed almost everyone else.

Her blue eyes looked around at the land before them, pulling herself up from the dirt, she dusted off the white gown she wore. "We need to find shelter" she finally told him, placing a hand over her eyes, the light hurting her.

"Do you know what direction we should go to?" She asked him, moving her fingers just a little to peek out at him.

He nodded at her advice agreeing. As he took a swift look at the landscape around he realized their were mountains far to the south. "Perhaps we should move towards those mountains." He pointed to where he was looking. "If there is any shelter out here thats where some would surely be."

"Alright" she said, removing her hand from in front of her face. She reached down, taking his hand, tugging him along. He was all she had now, and that scared her. Not because she disliked him, but because if they were seperated or if he got sick, she would be alone in this strange place.

He let her tug him along secretly not wanting to be any farther from her. "I don't suppose the teacher taught women survival skills did it?" The teacher was a teaching machine that taught the breeded humans the basic skills needed to survive in their small little ecosystem under the ground.

She shook her head at his question. "No, I think they taught us the same" she replied, turning her head for a moment to look at him. "Do you think that safe food and water will be near by?" She asked him, stopping for a moment.

"I... from the books we read in class, I think all we need to find is a gr-grocery store." He stumbled over the words. "Though we must do something called work to collect... something... i can't remember but we must do that and they should hand out our daily servings." He was trying to recall what he knew about the old days.

"A store?" She asks, her eyes scanning the empty land. "Doesnt look like we will be eating anytime soon" she finally said, wishing that their makers hadnt made them so human like. They could have gone without food otherwise. "Let's continue, we should find somewhere to sleep before it gets dark" she suggested.

He nodded in agreement. "I don't even see any towns around. I did not think the upper world would be so... uncivilized." He squeezed her hand as the idea for the first time now sunk in there was no one to help them. "What should we do if we run into an animal?"

"Run as fast as we can" she said, offering him a weary smile. Their world underground had been so different, so safe. This world was so odd. She didnt like it, and she wanted nothing more than to go home. But that would never happen again, she knew it.

They had walked for quite some time before making it to the cover of the mountains. The sun was setting and the air was quickly begining to chill. "Now what do we do? Search for a cave?" He looked around for one. "This search may take all night."

She shivered, shaking her head. "If we do not find one soon I say we just sleep in the open. It is getting cold and I am tired" she told him. She wasnt sure what time it was, but she knew that they had been walking for hours.

He put his arm around her to try and keep her warm as they wandered around the mountain for about a half hour before finding a small cave in the side of the rock. He brought her inside and sat on the ground looking outside letting his mind wander what was in store for them.

She liked the feel of his arm around her, it felt nice to have him so close. Once inside the cave, she sat down, leaning against a rock. She was so tired and so scared. She had no idea how to survive out here.

As the night was lit up by the stars he went to sit by 15. The thought of sleeping in a cave was foreign to him but he found it easy to do as it put his mind to ease from the hunger in his stomach and the exhuastion that plauged his body. Subconsciencely he drew closer to her for heat.

She turned to look at 12 as he moved closer, offering him a small smile. "Will you be able to sleep tonight?" She asked, leaning her head against his shoulder. "I think it might be too cold to sleep."

"I shall be fine. You need not worry about me, just make sure you can survive." He got up shivering, but he would never admit it to her. He felt as though he much be strong, protecting the last chance of human survival. He looked at her, "Actually I think I should stay up, only for awhile but what if an animal were to come upon us sleeping." He said letting his imagination get the better of him.

She nodded her head at his words, curling up, looking very cat like. "Animals may have died out as well" 15 told him, her eyes shutting softly as she tried to go to sleep. It was odd, laying down on this rocky cave, she had never felt anything like it.

He bent to her logic. Coming back to lay down, he came rather close to her trying to warm her up, seeing that she was cold. He didn't know how they were going to survive the next day, but at least they were safe this night. And as far as he was concerned if there was someone to keep him company he would find a way to survive.

When he laid down beside her, she rolled over to face him, giving him a smile. She could feel the heat coming off his body and moved closer, right up against him. It was cold, and she wanted to be warm.

He smiled back at her putting his hand over her pulling her in for warmth. He was still very innocent and the doctors never taught them how to mate since all they did was extract what they needed, otherwise he may have had different thoughts on his mind as he pulled her in so close. Instead his thoughts were on what they would do tomorrow.

She too was innocent, the movement completly platonic. It was a move of survival, not affection. She closed her eyes again, warmed by his body. "Goodnight" she breathed softly, like she had done so many times before in their old home.

"Goodnight, 15." He fell asleep quickly from exhaustion. Throughout the night he would figit and grind his teeth as he thought of the place he once called home.

Back
Top Bottom