Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Old ways in a new world II (Wolvenrogue and Nightsorceress)

He wanted to ask her what was wrong with his home, but thought better of it and and instead asked her "What have you been looking for that you cannot find?"

"Did you like my home? the way it felt?" He asked her. "was there anything you would want to change?"

"I was jealous actually, you really have family that loves and cares about you, that would do anything for you, and you will always have that." Mileena turned away from to hid the tears in her eyes

Don't you know that you can have that too. My sister already loves you and she has barely met you, and although my mom was abit over the top protective, she would be just the same for you, I know she would.

"Yes they would, but that is not why they like you. My sister actually called me an Ass when I let you go away. What does that tell you? You may not know it, but Lukka was adopted. He was the son of a wolf that tried to kill my mother."

"Lukka had done nothing to harm her, and her love is much much stronger than her capacity to hate. She doesn't even have a reason to hate you. My mother has always loved first, and she sets the tone for the home. It is my father's place to see to it that nothing threatens the tone she has set, and he does. Neither of them could succeed without the other. It goes way beyond the biological need. either would happily die for the other.

"It all sounds to good to ever be true." She sighed "with all that you are out here with me, why, why are you not there with the people who love you."

Because when you left, a part of me left with you. I felt hollow and empty, and my sister, bless her heart was perceptive enough to see it and help me to understand that what I was missing was you, and not just because I need to be with you physically, it was more than that. My family knows I love them, and yet they all think I should be here too.

"Again I ask why I mean lets face it I am not some one that bends easily I am stubborn as all hell because to survive this long on my own I had to be, and you are just as stubborn as I am we keep butting heads"

Does there have to be a reason for being nice? Some ulterior motive? I understand that growing up as you did your naturally suspicious, but if we are to be friends we both have to try and understand each other. You may assume the worst in people, but though you may think it foolish, I was raised by my parents to expect the best. Hopefully, like my parents, our differences will become our strength.

Mileena looked down and a way from him, "I am sorry, trust is just so hard for me I want to trust I do I just still live in fear, it may be extremely foolish of me to think that way but its hard wired in just like your parents teaching are hard wired in to to"

I don' expect you to change that overnight. I on;y ask one thing, please don't assume I have bad motives from the start. I don't mind having to prove myself for the good things. Please just don't make me prove everything isn't bad to begin with. In short, don't trust me with out proof, if thats your nature, but don't condemn me without proof either.

She nodded her head a bit. "I will try my hardest not to let the wrong doings of my past reflect on you. Just please be understand if there are times they over power me."

He moved nearer to her. " I understand. We both have overpowering pasts at times, but perhaps, if we work at it, we can mold those pasts into a future we can both cherish. That is my hope at least." He nuzzled her as they continued to walk. "What do you most fear at my home?" he asked in a gentle, quiet tone..

Mileena nuzzled him back liking the reassuring feeling she had when he did it. "I feel on edge there like every move I make is being watched. I know it's no fault of your families."

"Would it help if we had our own cottage?" he asked. "So that you would have a place to call your own? I know that could be arranged. That way you could get to know them in small doses".

"You don't need money. The clan will provide us a place as they did my family when we first arrived. It is part of being a family. My sister was already busy sewing for you when you left. She loves to make clothing."

He nuzzled her softly again and gently turned her with his nose toward home. I hope you will find it as peaceful and nurturing as my mother did when she first arrived.

She was like you in many ways. She didn't approve of the old ways my father followed at all. Theirs was a long hard adjustment. But adjust they did. It made their love extraordinary. Ask anyone you meet at the villiage. They will all tell you, that their love surpasses all others in the village.

Back
Top Bottom