Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Other Little Things That Bother You

Status
Not open for further replies.
Customers who walk into my shop, stand right in front of the new release shelf (Which has a huge sign that reads "NEW RELEASES A-Z") then walk around aimlessly before asking "Where is the new release shelf?"
Artists rendition of their logic:

GOD DAMN IT, YOU PEOPLE MUST FEEL LIKE THE STUPIDEST CREATURES ON EARTH WHEN I POINT IT OUT TO YOU!
It wouldn't bother me so much if it was only once in a while, but everyone who comes in freaking does it! URGH.

When someone contacts you for fandom RP AND you've provided a plot premise... BUT they cannot tell you anything about their character AND have no clue about the fandom they say they want to RP in. SAY WUT?!?!? @_@

MyHappyWorld said:
Millenium Joker said:
Just because of that, I want to go into the next video store I see and just fuck with the clerk in that exact way. :p
We're a violent lot, so you best be careful.
-nods-

We're the same way at Gamestop (I used to work there)- we would be ALL SMILES and super friendly, but when there were no customers in the store and nothing to do, we'd talk smack about customers that came in or ones we had to take phone calls from. My favorite had to be right after GTA IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony came out, one redneck called up and asked "Ay, yew got dat dere Gran' Theff Auto whurr yer bawss iz a faggit?"

I didnt stop laughing for an hour.

I really hate when one of my customers asks what I would recommend on the menu. I'm a vegetarian so I only ever recommend the things I've tried, when they ask for my opinion on the steak I have to tell them I've never had it and then it almost always leads to a "You're a vegetarian? That's so unhealthy! Where do you get your protein?" discussion.

Why do people suddenly feel like they are nutritionists when they find out I don't eat meat? My diet isn't your business and I don't have to justify my life choices to you! Just pick something off the dang menu and stop pestering me!

PS. While I'm on the vegetarian rant I'll add: If someone says they are a vegetarian/vegan and you say one of the following, they don't think you're being funny/clever/interesting, they think you're being annoying and they're sick of hearing this:

"You still eat chicken right?"
"I could never be a vegetarian!"
"Where do you get your protein?"
"I tried that once, too, I lasted like...a day."
"You still eat fish right?"
"You're not a real vegetarian--I saw you eating eggs!"
"C'mon you have to try this, you can cheat this once, I won't tell!"
"Why? You're so skinny, you don't need to diet!"

When people steal things from you. Even simple things like titles you came up with. WTF is this shit??? Come up with your own or ask and then give credit! I came up with it, not you!

Most vegetarians/vegans I know try to shove the lifestyle down my throat. Being vegan is extremely unhealthy, especially since you need supplements to keep your body from crapping out. The body needs proteins and vegetables don't provide enough since your body needs the fats and lipids in order to regenerate cells and provide better cell growth.

Vending machine food. Sometimes I really hate when I have to eat vending machine junk in order to not pass out since I don't want to take my break too early.

Hahvoc The Decepticon said:
Most vegetarians/vegans I know try to shove the lifestyle down my throat. Being vegan is extremely unhealthy, especially since you need supplements to keep your body from crapping out. The body needs proteins and vegetables don't provide enough since your body needs the fats and lipids in order to regenerate cells and provide better cell growth.

Vending machine food. Sometimes I really hate when I have to eat vending machine junk in order to not pass out since I don't want to take my break too early.

These are my feelings on Vegetarianism/Veganism, but mostly because, like you, the few I have met try to shove their lifestyle down my throat and actually criticize me for eating me any sort of meat. Sorry if I GENUINELY enjoy the taste of beef, pork, and chicken (especially the messiah of foods, bacon), I'm not going to stop eating it because some hipster got in my face about the 'senseless slaughter of defenseless animals'

Which brings me to what my on-topic bit is. People who say stupid shit without an ounce of thought behind it, such as the classic fallback argument of die-hard in-your-face vegans ('how can you eat meat knowing that some poor animal was slaughtered inhumanely?').

Cows fart. A lot. Farts contain methane. Methane contributes to decay of the ozone layer and global warming. Chickens are some of the filthiest creatures on earth, and save for the wild chickens found in the islands of Oceania, their sole purpose is to be killed and consumed. Besides, if man were meant to only eat vegetables, how does somebody explain canine teeth?

I feel the same way about vegans/vegetarians, but I don't judge, I don't force my views of eating meat on to my vegan friends, but for some reason they feel it is in their right to drown me criticisms every time I choose something filled with meat from the menu.
Look buddy, you're not convincing me to convert to your lifestyle. It's like a straight man trying to convince his gay friend to stop looking for manly love. It ain't going to happen, it's part of who I am and up until two years ago it was a part of you too. I don't judge or criticize you, so don't I deserve the same respect?
-Sigh-
I guess we all have that one preachy, can do no wrong, type of friend.

Getting extra hours at work. I'm thankful for the extra hours but I'm also losing precious sleep time by working 8 hour days instead of 7 hour days. It's only an hour but it's precious to me. D:

On the same note: What I don't like about Vegans/Vegitarians is that they believe just because they don't eat meat/dairy/animal products that they are healthier. This is not always true. The most crazy thing is when they say "it's natural. Humans aren't meant to eat that." Like, no. That's so far wrong. If there's one thing we are newly ingesting, it's cereals/ gluten. Wheat, Barley, and Rye. These are recent foods that humans began cultivating 10,000 years ago to feed a fast-growing population as well as to produce surplus for profit.

If there's anyone who's "going natural" it's those who are Celiac, or those who choose to cut out gluten from their diet. >_>

Needless to say, they bug me. It also drives me insane when Vegetarians/ Vegans are the way they are because of "animal rights". Like, no. Animals are only treated badly (usually, not always) in mass-produced, large manufacturers that have big warehouses, plants, big staffs, and less monitoring. Buying food and meat locally, from a farm, will pretty much guarantee the animals are living a happy farm life (of course, there are always exceptions, but it's very rare). Animal rights? Eat local. Simple as that.

ALSO when Vegetarians claim they don't eat meat but eat fish/seafood and/or chicken. Likewhat?

Alright. Rant over.
THIS IS MY OPINION ON THE MATTER. xD

That a friend of mine said that the city I live in is "Bumfuck nowhere." Are you shitting me? It's goddamn famous compared to where you live, which I considered bumfuck nowhere because I had never heard of it until my ex told me about it a couple years ago. Fuck you, very much. Go back into your troll hut.

When little kids touch my PS3 while I'm in the middle of watching a show, I pause my show and one of the little brats turned my system off and they turned it off the WRONG way, WTF!

When stupid people claim they want time with my kids and then get it yet neglect them and then in that neglect allow my kids to fucking break a $500 piece of equipment. X_X *smites a bitch*

The day AFTER hitting the gym, when your entire body is telling you "Okay, we've done enough for the next 4 months, let's not- Oh, we're going back tomorrow? Well, lets see how you like not being able to get out of bed."

@Zalvek- yer not ignored. I pay attention. :3

Temptationist said:
People who bring newborns and toddlers to a movie, nevermind an action film.

Keep your wailing baby at home, Mom. No one needs a screaming child to ruin their film - especially when it's inevitable that the baby will be upset at the extremely loud noises, constant gun shots, explosions, and revving engines. I thought that was a fuckin' no brainer.

Now I have to pay to go re-see the movie because I missed so many details over the distraction of the children, as well as to make matters worse, the father was constantly on his super bright phone texting God knows who.

Most obnoxious family I've ever seen at a theatre. GTFO.

Temp, why do you think there is a growth in theaters and places where children are not allowed. I think that parents should be forced to deal with their kids when they are doing nothing to actually parent them.

Dogged said:
Obnoxious mothers in law who pretty much invented the phrase Entitlement. She always assumes that we all exist to carry her shit, fix her computer, do her groceries, drive her around like a taxi, train her fucking service dog and all for FREE and not even a thank you!

There was an article on Yahoo not long ago about how mothers-in-law deserve to be respected and all, but the truth is that some of them deserve to be punched in the face. I say that from watching friends and family deal with both good and bad, and I don't blame those who are pushed to the point of doing exactly that.

Calling one group of people elitist when you and your group are being the same way. People like that really bother me a lot.

People who know very little about something, yet still act like they're an expert in the matter. Or have something they consider a "talent" and think everyone should kiss their ass because of it.

Good god, do I ever see both alot in Youtube's comments sections. Such as Guitar Hero videos. I've never played any of them, but I've looked up videos just to check it out, and each one I checked out, the comments section were full of idiots having pissing contests over what was cooler, being good at Guitar Hero or being good at playing a real guitar.

And on the "expert" side of things, I remember a discussion way back when with a guy on a forum who considered himself an expert on all things Gundam just because he saw most of Gundam Wing.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom