Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Other Little Things That Bother You

Status
Not open for further replies.
CutePhoenix said:
Yea, in DCUO, the only multiplayer I really did there were a few PVP battles. I just did those to earn special currency to get a certain item for my character. And in every single team based one I did, there was nothing but people yelling at each other for every little thing that didn't go in line with their perfect strategy for the fight.

It was especially annoying since regardless of if you won or lost, you'd still get the special currency. So.......who freaking cares if you lose once or twice?

Same situation with LoL. you got points for participating. You got more for winning but thats all. Or when I played Dawn of War, people would kick you from your team if you had even a ding on your win-loss ratio. What the hell is this a job interview???

Yea, that's what I ran into on DCUO. With Diablo, it was low level people begging for free stuff. I've played all 3 extensively and it happened with every...........damn...........one...........

Millenium Joker said:
Temptationist said:
People who bring newborns and toddlers to a movie, nevermind an action film.

Keep your wailing baby at home, Mom. No one needs a screaming child to ruin their film - especially when it's inevitable that the baby will be upset at the extremely loud noises, constant gun shots, explosions, and revving engines. I thought that was a fuckin' no brainer.

Now I have to pay to go re-see the movie because I missed so many details over the distraction of the children, as well as to make matters worse, the father was constantly on his super bright phone texting God knows who.

Most obnoxious family I've ever seen at a theatre. GTFO.

If you went to go see Oblivion starring Tom Cruise and God (Morgan Freeman) you didn;t miss much, trust me. The entire film was one long, boring, confusing snooze-fest, and when you finally DO figure out what is going on, you realize that not only is it STILL a boring piece of shit cinema, but that the entire movie was probably some whacked-out allegory for Scientology or some shit. Trust me, 2 hours and $30 of my life were stolen form me when I saw that fetid pile of excrement.

PSHT LMFAO.
Oblivion? Tom Cruise? You couldn't PAY ME money to go see that.
I'm talking about Fast & Furious 6, hon. I'm possibly one of the biggest fans of the series. And for the record, minus the wailing baby, it was an excellent film (it's best appreciated if you're into the series and have a good knowledge of the previous films).

And 30 bucks? Shit that's hella steep. Movies here range about 15 dollars.
.-.

Temptationist said:
Millenium Joker said:
Temptationist said:
People who bring newborns and toddlers to a movie, nevermind an action film.

Keep your wailing baby at home, Mom. No one needs a screaming child to ruin their film - especially when it's inevitable that the baby will be upset at the extremely loud noises, constant gun shots, explosions, and revving engines. I thought that was a fuckin' no brainer.

Now I have to pay to go re-see the movie because I missed so many details over the distraction of the children, as well as to make matters worse, the father was constantly on his super bright phone texting God knows who.

Most obnoxious family I've ever seen at a theatre. GTFO.

If you went to go see Oblivion starring Tom Cruise and God (Morgan Freeman) you didn;t miss much, trust me. The entire film was one long, boring, confusing snooze-fest, and when you finally DO figure out what is going on, you realize that not only is it STILL a boring piece of shit cinema, but that the entire movie was probably some whacked-out allegory for Scientology or some shit. Trust me, 2 hours and $30 of my life were stolen form me when I saw that fetid pile of excrement.

PSHT LMFAO.
Oblivion? Tom Cruise? You couldn't PAY ME money to go see that.
I'm talking about Fast & Furious 6, hon. I'm possibly one of the biggest fans of the series. And for the record, minus the wailing baby, it was an excellent film (it's best appreciated if you're into the series and have a good knowledge of the previous films).

And 30 bucks? Shit that's hella steep. Movies here range about 15 dollars.
.-.

It was $30 for three people, not including the food (we went to a movie theater grill. Don't waste your time or money, it was just a suck experience in every possible way) and that's not too terrible, seeing as how yesterday it was $13 a person to see The Hangover part III. BTW, another movie not worth the price. Just like the second, it wasn't nearly as funny or distracting or memorable as the first one. Disappointment abounded, and that was strange, as I am a huge fan of Zach Galifianakis.

Dr. Nibbles said:
People who fire their employees after three weeks. Like my boss... today...

Say whuuuut?

Is that even legal after such a short timespan?

Dr. Nibbles said:
For starters, the xbox one... like.... really? REALLY Microsoft???

Also gamers who take games way to seriously. Like... all of LoL. People take League of Legends, especially the guys I know. It pisses me when people rage over polygons. Getting frustrated is one thing, but yelling at people because they "Can't Lane Properly" no, uhuh fuck that. Its the reason I don't play multi-player games unless I can physically reach over and smack them upside the head.

This is true ESPECIALLY in Warhammer Fantasy. People get way to butthurt over that game.

I'm going to ignore the elephant in that post that is screaming at me to call it out (my issue with the gaming industry today is less of a post, more of a full on rant that would take too long to type, let alone read.) but I will say this on the Multiplayer subject:

I suck. I know I suck. I acknowledge and even embrace the fact that I suck at multiplayer games (I don't consider CoD or its clones to be real game so much as they are borigpng ways to blow $60, but I suck at them as well) so I have, and will continue to be a primarily Single-player gamer.

Does that mean I don't see the draw of certain games? No. I'd love to devote some time (and money) into really understanding the mechanisms behind WoW, LoL, Diablo 3, Tera, Eve Online, etc. But due to budget constraints (read:being broke) and my lack of skill when playing a game that has multiplayer beyond couch co-op, I do not do so. It always amuses me to see people getting butthurt about K/D ratios or other trivialities and watch said butthurt folks miss the entire point of a game- which is to have FUN.

Do people take their shit too seriously? Absolutely. Hell, I was stark raving mad about Fallout for the longest time (and still am- I can and will get into a flame war over the superiority of Laser vs Plasma weaponry) but it is seeing and hearing (in this case reading about) examples like the mentioned ones that, had I any desire to actually pick up an MMORPG and take it seriously, completely turn me off from it.

This was me, saying stuff and going on a nonsensical rant over nothing of real import. I gotta stop doing that.

On topic: Frank motherfucking Horrigan.

For those of you who don't know who this man is, play Fallout 2. He is an Enclave science experiment A Super Mutant (That is bigger than MOST Super Mutants) that wears experimental Enclave power armor AND is constantly ripped out of his mind on Psycho, Buff out, Amphetamines, etc. He punches you and you turn into a fine pink mist. And he is the ultimate Fallout enemy, even managing to make the Legendary Alpha Deathclaw AND The Master look like pussies.

Also on topic, Terry "Hulk" Hogan's acting. I saw Mr. Nanny today, a movie staring the ugliest wrestler from the WCW from 1993, in which Hulkamania plays an ex-wrestler turned body guard turned babysitter.
Holy mother of Christ on a cracker is his acting cringe-inducing. I was confused which was worse, the flat and almost robotic way he went about his lines alongside Sherman Hensley (from The Jeffersons) or the god-awful writing that made the movie feel like the end result of a mating ritual between a supervillain movie and a typical 1990's "tough guy warms up to children as he learns to love them" movie.

I was afraid to vomit after watching that movie, because I wasn't sure if I should try to rid myself of it or contact a poison control center. Yes, Hulk, your acting made me seriously consider a visit to the hospital.

My so-called 'friend' using our other friends to emotionally blackmail me into hanging out with him, even when he knows I'm pissed off at him- and with good reason.

When two managers drop like flies then a replacement temporary manager comes in and tells your boss that you "lack performance" at everything when you've never even worked with this chick. dafuq. Then you find out you've been demoted because this bitch is the new boss and whatever she says goes. Doubledafuq.

Temptationist said:
When two managers drop like flies then a replacement temporary manager comes in and tells your boss that you "lack performance" at everything when you've never even worked with this chick. dafuq. Then you find out you've been demoted because this bitch is the new boss and whatever she says goes. Doubledafuq.

Now that's bullshit and I would talk to the boss about that.

Hahvoc The Decepticon said:
Temptationist said:

She IS the boss!
I got fucked, real hard. And not in the way that I enjoy.

Temptationist said:
Temptationist said:

She IS the boss!

That's so bogus. D:

Temptationist said:

She IS the boss!

That's so bogus. D:

I think things are coming around though - lots of signs leading me to quit this place. I applied for a job wayyyy above me, and I got the interview! As well as this, THE NEXT DAY I get a job from a place I applied to a while ago for full time position - it's my dream store and it will double my earnings.

Fuckdembitches. I'll get a new job where I will excel way over their pay grades! Muauah.

She was just too weak to pull through, my mother in law is having a harder time with it though, it was her favorite.
-Feelsbad-

I haven't had a dog die on me, but we've owned..... 4 dogs, and had to give each of them away at some point. The last one, Onyx, a purebred Husky with the friendliest yet mischievous personality I've ever seen in a canine, was the one I was most attached to. He was whining loudly when his new owner drove off...

When people don't have clipper cards or money on their clipper cards. Also, if it's not your first time at the library, you should fucking know this shit by now.

Ms_Muffintops said:
People who post pictures of spiders, especially close up pictures. It's one of the most common phobias and all around fear ;[

MOST spiders ams adorable up close though (except the redback spider that lives in Australia, a cousin of the North American Black Widow.) I can see the... aversion to them.

@Temptationist: OOOOh, going ghetto up in dis bitch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom