Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Other Little Things That Bother You

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it turns out we were graded individually, and not as a whole. Reason I know this is because I just got a text from my friend, saying he got a B. I just checked and I got an A-, but I'm still pissed. My friend forgot entire lines and almost ended the presentation half way through. I'll admit my pronunciation could of been better for a word or two, I said part of a line too soon, and I almost forgot to say one of my lines, but still. I guess I should just be glad I got an A-

Mitsu said:
When a great, great show stumbles so badly I cannot watch it anymore.

I hate when that happens. Which show? For me, it was Two and a Half Me (like a season before Charlie left) and SNL (like as of eleven years ago...)

When you tell people multiple times about things, then they act like the never knew it was going to happen.

Buying a product and it not turning out as its suppose to. My chili is fucking disgusting now because of the tomato paste, but I refuse to throw it away.

When people bitch about T.V. shows I like. Yes Agents of Shield is not great, but Joss Whedon deserves some respect. I like it okay, I sort of feel like Disney is screwing him on it. It's better then half the crap that's on T.V., sure it's no Walking Dead or Breaking Bad, but I more blame the prime T.V. spot for that.

Part of me wishes they would let the guy cut loose. I can see the potential, AoS has it. I just wish they'd give Whedon free run on it. That sort of annoys me too. I guarantee you give him the right budget and unrestricted access, he could make a series that kicked Breaking Bad and Sons of anarchy in the teeth.

Bumping up the weight and not being able to lift unless I use improper form.

When people think they're too good to answer a PM you send them.... Which has happened to me like, five times this week. It only adds to the general air of snobbery I've seen hanging around a good portion of the site.

MellowYellow said:
When people think they're too good to answer a PM you send them.... Which has happened to me like, five times this week. It only adds to the general air of snobbery I've seen hanging around a good portion of the site.
That is annoying, it happens to everyone. But oddly enough I don't think it's fair to blame the site. The mods and such have always replied within 15 minutes or so, even when messaged with stupid things. I'd blame the people more then the site. A few weeks back I sent out probably 400 R.P. requests and got maybe 50 back, even if they weren't interested in Role Playing with me. Of those maybe 5 actually got started and are running well.

I've found out of 10 request P.M.'s your lucky to get a quarter back, and then getting it actually started and over a page of posts are rare. I've also found if there's one you REALLY want to do, or are excited for, you will NEVER get it started. And it will never go past 3 pages.

MellowYellow, I agree about snobbery, and that sucks, and I am sorry. I have been on sites where that happens, and usually it is just certain people.

When you want to be social and make new frienda, so you go out...only to be surrounded by idiots which makes you more and more anti-social. v_v

*blinks*

Hrmm... anyway. I really hate incoherent speech. Like when people overuse textspeak for stuff. In certain cases, it can be kind of cute and even appropriate. But DEAR FUCKING CHRIST! When you use it all the time... it just looks dumb and is irritating to try and decipher. In fact, it gives me a headache and I'd rather not look at it. Ever. Makes me want to scrub my screen free of the nonsensical gibberish.

Vic, I doubt you were graded as individual as you think. Your A- to his B speaks volumes. If he made that many mistakes, he should have gotten a C if that. From what you said about your own work, there should have been. no (-) attached.
Shovel, I fully agree that people are more antisocial, which makes a social person wish to be one. Don't let them win, just give them what they think they want, leave them alone. They'll. learn the hard way.
On subject, people who treat you worse than shit just because they think they're better than you. Especially JFS. Well, excuse you for disrespecting the disabled who needs food stamps because they can no longer work, and only have a high school education. Wonder if you treat your own mother like that? Or your crippled sister?
Casemanagers in the government should be screened for kindness.

MellowYellow said:
Seeing a request thread that's just like, two lines long with no actual information for you to go on.

Dear God say it again. This is a pet peeve. This is YOUR req thread please tell me what you like what you disliked and who your character is what they look like, what they do and who they are as an INDIVIDUAL!!!!!

MellowYellow said:

Alright in a sense (On my behalf) I kinda have to defend this one. Now let me give examples before I get flamed here people.

Ahem

Now in my case... I am not at all on anymore; not by choice I assure you but I am so busy these days and I am not able to respond to PMs I get at all seemingly until Sundays or Mondays or until my schedule changes again.

Reason #2: Sometimes you get those PM's of "Cn u plz RP wit meh, ur write so good I wnt to cum!"

What the shit is this! (sorry for obscenities but we are all grown here!) Like seriously then I reply "Sure Innocent what would you like to RP?" and then they respond. "dunno... wat u wanna do?"

*Flips Table!!!* God _________________it son of a ________ please ...did you even read my thread? Do you even spell bro? T_T Fudge it and I don't respond or I just say "I am busy at the moment I am sorry..." I hate telling people No but I have these things called standards and Grammatical and Sentence Structure are just a little bit of it. Sorry for the tangent.

Yoshie said:
MellowYellow said:

Alright in a sense (On my behalf) I kinda have to defend this one. Now let me give examples before I get flamed here people.

Ahem

Now in my case... I am not at all on anymore; not by choice I assure you but I am so busy these days and I am not able to respond to PMs I get at all seemingly until Sundays or Mondays or until my schedule changes again.

Reason #2: Sometimes you get those PM's of "Cn u plz RP wit meh, ur write so good I wnt to cum!"

What the shit is this! (sorry for obscenities but we are all grown here!) Like seriously then I reply "Sure Innocent what would you like to RP?" and then they respond. "dunno... wat u wanna do?"

*Flips Table!!!* God _________________it son of a ________ please ...did you even read my thread? Do you even spell bro? T_T Fudge it and I don't respond or I just say "I am busy at the moment I am sorry..." I hate telling people No but I have these things called standards and Grammatical and Sentence Structure are just a little bit of it. Sorry for the tangent.
Ok, you have a point, but what are the odds someone sending the second reason type of message are even the tiniest bit of worth the time? If I got a message like that, I would laugh my ass off. I'm not a grammer nazi or anything, but if I get a message with "Cn u plz" I immediately figure they have no idea wtf they are doing.

I do sometimes send short messages like "Hello, I liked your plot "A", and would like to do it, if your still looking for it."

Or "Hello, I saw on your search thread you have a plot ((Or plots)) similar to mine. I was wondering if you'd like to do my plot, or maybe combine it with your plot "A". Here's my plot.

"My plot"

I can't wait for your reply, my plot is totally free to edit, change, or ignore. Depending on what your looking for.

Honestly, it's hard to expect a reply. I hate that most of the R.P. requests I send are sort of a form letter, but when you send 14 messages and get 3 replies, it's hard to put in effort. Plus most search threads blend together sort of. Sometimes I'll send a P.M., get a message back a week later and have to dig through their threads to refined the request thread to jog my memory.

When people chew with their mouths open... .-.

Ironic, chewing is, though rude, is less disrespectful than what I see a lot of. Especially with those my age: Talking with one's mouth full. Oh Em to the Gee...WHERE are your manners?! Talk about a turn OFF.

I'm gonna say it... People who can't pronounce simple words correctly drive me crazy. It's more than just being from a different city or state, it's more of just... being socially lazy.

Po-leese instead of "police", libary instead of "library", Ory-gun instead of "Oregon", Eye-talian instead of "Italian", and perhaps one of my most hated ones of all... "axed" instead of "asked". "I axed you to do this!" Seriously? Axed? Did you chop up someone into little pieces with an ax?

But maybe this stems from the fact that no one can pronounce my last name right... even though it's friggin' easy to pronounce. x.x

And seriously, no matter how many times you say it, "funner" is not a real word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom