Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Other Little Things That Bother You

Status
Not open for further replies.
That I won't have a job at the library come September and it's very unsettling.

I was hoping since we're moving into a new building, I would be able to get a position since it's bigger and will probably need more people. From what my boss has said, nope.

It's disheartening being told you'll be removed from your position not because you lack the skills or aren't doing your job well, but because you aren't a student anymore. =/

I've been working here four years come september.

So. sad. ;_;

I'm starting to see that myself. They just want either a college student or college grad. I can't afford college, so you could say I get to be one of the unlucky high school grads that work at dead-end jobs like McDonalds, back in the grill. By the way, sir, would you like fries with that? Hmph. Welcome to the 21st century where if you get lucky...you're a 'never was' without college. Yeah, you have permission to call me Jaded at 18.

Is it me or do others get annoyed by people talking whilst watching a movie at the cinema?
I dunno, since you're there to watch the movie, not talk now - are you? If you want to go talk then go outside.
Also, I hate it when people bring their babies to the cinema, the crying, the talking, the shushing -> I can't stand it XD
Either way, I like to watch a film in peace & quiet.

rp_youknowyouloveme said:
Is it me or do others get annoyed by people talking whilst watching a movie at the cinema?
I dunno, since you're there to watch the movie, not talk now - are you? If you want to go talk then go outside.
Also, I hate it when people bring their babies to the cinema, the crying, the talking, the shushing -> I can't stand it XD
Either way, I like to watch a film in peace & quiet.
I understand what you mean, although it's a bit different with the Alamo Drafthouse that's opened up near where I live. There, you kind of have to talk since it's like a movie theater/restaurant, the ushers/waiters need to hear your orders. There's also a lot of special events at the drafthouse that require you to talk, like a "quote-along" or riff tracks. In that case, it pisses me off when there's that one person shushing everyone when they come to an event where talking is encouraged. If you don't want to hear people talk, watch the damn movie by yourself and quit ruining other people's fun. This is just directed to people that want it quiet at those events. Loud people in a regular movie, fuck them.

simpleroleplayer said:
I'm starting to see that myself. They just want either a college student or college grad. I can't afford college, so you could say I get to be one of the unlucky high school grads that work at dead-end jobs like McDonalds, back in the grill. By the way, sir, would you like fries with that? Hmph. Welcome to the 21st century where if you get lucky...you're a 'never was' without college. Yeah, you have permission to call me Jaded at 18.

That got heavy.

Put your creative efforts into something alternative if you don't want to be stuck in a cubicle of McDonalds all day. That's why I'm writing comics, trying to get jobs as a voice actor, trying out for film and stage auditions, and try to make music in my spare time. :/

TO JOKER: Thank you. Play season is still in with our city's recreation system. I can write dramas or even series for stage. I'd just have to tone out the sex in my dramas...or at least, tone it from XXX to R. :)

simpleroleplayer said:

Well mine is because my job is a "college" job meaning if I was still attending this university, I'd be able to keep my job but since I won't be going to grad school because I can't afford it, I can't keep my job.

When you're covering for a coworker's shift, it puts you in a different department from where you normally work, and you normally avoid that department because the supervisor is a dick. That was seriously something I didn't want to put up with at 5:30 in the fucking morning, getting yelled at by that asshole because I'm half asleep.

When someone on a forum posts a topic asking a question, the question gets answered........then days later, some random idiot comes in and decides to answer it again.......

And in a similar regard, when people go into a topic and don't read past the first post. God, it annoys me when I'm having a discussion with someone in a topic, only for someone to just jump in and try and join in on our conversation and start posting stuff that has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand cause they apparently couldn't be bothered to read past the first freaking post.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I have this friend on Facebook who is like super cool. We talk every so often and have the same tastes in like, everything! We're bros, you know? But today he had to go and make it awkward by saying "If you weren't engaged I would swear you have a thing for me!" Shit man! That makes things fucking awkward now! I can't talk to you without thinking that that's what you're thinking every time I do. Fuck man, we had a good thing going, now it's ruined.

MyHappyWorld said:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I have this friend on Facebook who is like super cool. We talk every so often and have the same tastes in like, everything! We're bros, you know? But today he had to go and make it awkward by saying "If you weren't engaged I would swear you have a thing for me!" Shit man! That makes things fucking awkward now! I can't talk to you without thinking that that's what you're thinking every time I do. Fuck man, we had a good thing going, now it's ruined.

That's when you should just go, "But I am engaged and we're just awesome friends so don't read into it."

Or, ya know, whack him for being a moron.

MyHappyWorld said:

ave a serious and deep discussion with him about his feelings. Or, you know, smoke him out.

He's just being an obnoxious dick head.
It's just, I'm not the kind of girl who has guys throwing those sorts of accusations in the air. I've always been that girl who is just a really good friend, in all my time on this earth I've only had one guy ask me out properly (by the pizza delivery guy, if anyone would like to laugh at my prowess. That also happened while I was engaged, had the ring on my finger and everything). So it was a little unsettling to have that happen to me.
-Sighs-
It's all blown over now.
My partner just laughed at him, it actually made me feel better that she didn't see him as a threat. Usually she gets crazy jealous (Yes babe, you do), but if she can laugh it off like that then he really had no hope.
Which he never did in the first place.

I don't know WHAT guys are thinking. When we say no, or show them a ring, they try even harder. WHERE is common 'horse sense'. Or at the VERY least, take our no at face value. Congrats on your engagement!

People who start topics, then don't like it when not everyone agrees with them. Sorry.. thought that the internet was a place where you had freedom to think your own thoughts.

simpleroleplayer said:
I don't know WHAT guys are thinking. When we say no, or show them a ring, they try even harder. WHERE is common 'horse sense'. Or at the VERY least, take our no at face value. Congrats on your engagement!

1: You use generalizing, broadly sweeping comments. That's like if I said that all asian people have tiny genitals, or all black women have hood rat attitudes. Not all guys are that way- many of us can take a hint, and some of us even have a 'come what may' mindset about it all- "if it happens it happens, if not, oh well. Don't get hung up on it and keep living you life as it comes."

2: A lot of guys who act like THAT (pushy) have had it drilled into their heads since birth that if you want to get a girl, you have to be tenacious. They seem to have (for the most part) this idea that if somebody tries hard enough and keeps pushing, the other person will eventually have some magical revelation and fall in love with them or something. This, of course, is total horse shit, as all it does is push the other person further and further away OR (if they DO cave in) overlaps their own happiness and makes the relationship parasitic, if not abusive. Perhaps it can shed some light onto your first sentence.

JOKER: Been burned so much so often, it feels that way. You're right on one thing though, it is because of prior problems that I am prone to think all are the same, and distrust. For that I add this as a public apology to guys who aren't that way.

People who take life way too seriously.

Because at the end of the day, we are all nothing more than a bunch of
talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.

When someone doesn't ready my request thread.
I only play through PM and thread, that doesn't mean ask me for my YIM.
I'm into only MxF pairings, so don't ask me of I'd like to do MxM or MxH.
I tell you to send me a PM if you're interested, so that doesn't mean you post on the thread telling me to "pm you".

It infuriates me when people don't ready the simple requests you put out.

God, I really hate that last one. I make it a point on my threads to state that if someone is interested in RPing with me, send me a PM as I rarely bother going back to my thread other than an occasional bump or edit. Yet, I'll still get people posting their request there. Or even more annoyingly, people that will post and say something like "Oh, I don't want to RP with you. I'm just posting here to give you a free bump."

I mean, I appreciate the sentiment, but I just find it to be pointless clutter as I will bump my threads when I feel the need. I don't need someone elses help for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom