Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dreamland Doozeys

What visions have been bestowed upon you during REM sleep?

• Nothing. I don't dream. My mind is disappointingly vanilla when I sleep.

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Sex! Nothing but raunchy, kinky, sticky sex! I wake up to a reverse waterbed!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Recurring dreams. It's the same one over and over again. I wish I could change the channel or TEVO i

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dream, but I CAN NEVER REMEMBER WHAT I DREAMED OF, IT DRIVES ME INSANE WHEN I WAKE UP FROM AN AWES

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Horrible, gruesome nightmares. I sometimes suffer from night terrors, with only my teddy to stand gu

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I lucid dream. I can do whatever I want!

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

Xeres

Planetoid
Greetings, mortals!

Dreams are bloody weird, eh?

I say so because... well, they are. Anyone who says differently is selling something. Though how you would sell anything from dreams is beyond me. Anyway, to the point!

Recently I have been having dreams. Usually I don't remember them, and I haven't had lucid dreams since I was young. This is unfortunate, as lucid dreaming can be quite fun. Hell, remembering your dreams is fun. But no, I'm a sorry, forgetful sod, and they often slip away from me before I can relive the delightful memory of eating crab cakes off of Olivia Wilde's flawless navel.

I digress. But not because I want to.

My question to you, dear fiends, is what your dreams have been consisting of lately? Are they recurring? Lucid? Nightmarish? Surreal? Realistic? Emotional? Fantastical kinky? Indulge us!

Horrible gruesome nightmares.

Nope, I have no story for why I have them. I just do. :<

Yuna said:
Horrible gruesome nightmares.

Nope, I have no story for why I have them. I just do. :<

That's no fun.

Perhaps if you write down what occurs in your nightmares, but instead of the gruesome details, change it into something more lighthearted. The monster chasing you down could be a rainbow-frosted cupcake trying to ask you out to a masquerade ball in which the attire is nothing but a mask. The violent imagery you envision is really people having too much fun with strawberry jam or ketchup. The decrepit house you've become lost in is really the gateway to your favorite place on the planet, like Hogwarts or Narnia or Chuckie Cheese's.

I want this thread to be not just a form for dreams laid bare, but expression and exploration of your imagination, of what you may or may not be aware of the things your brain is capable of summoning.

Just a thought.

I have odd and really creepy dreams about losing teeth when my family members show up in them.

Apparently it can mean a multitude of things like anxiety, fear of losing family members, and a few other things. It's a big indicator of life changes, so a few sources have said.

Still creeps me out.

'The dramatization of these feelings in your dream through the imagery of losing your teeth symbolizes how costly some choices may be for you. As Gillian Holloway explains in The Complete Dream Book, “the gore of the dream imagery reflects the severity of the price being paid to keep the peace or stay the course.”' -from a site I was looking at.

Makes a lot of sense.

Hahvoc The Decepticon said:
I have odd and really creepy dreams about losing teeth when my family members show up in them.

Apparently it can mean a multitude of things like anxiety, fear of losing family members, and a few other things. It's a big indicator of life changes, so a few sources have said.

Still creeps me out.

'The dramatization of these feelings in your dream through the imagery of losing your teeth symbolizes how costly some choices may be for you. As Gillian Holloway explains in The Complete Dream Book, “the gore of the dream imagery reflects the severity of the price being paid to keep the peace or stay the course.”' -from a site I was looking at.

Makes a lot of sense.

I can't say that I've ever understood the connection between dream visions and their symbolism in correlation to real life events, but it seems interesting enough.

Sort of like astrology. It's a cool concept to consider and play with, but I'd never base any decision-making or significant beliefs in any of the theories.

Nine out of ten times my dreams are about zombies. I never find them scary, and I never enjoy them one bit, but I always have them. I don't even have to watch or read anything related to zombies. What's even more annoying is that I never actually seem to kill any, and nothing bad ever happens to me.

Xeres said:
Hahvoc The Decepticon said:

Still creeps me out.

Makes a lot of sense.

I can't say that I've ever understood the connection between dream visions and their symbolism in correlation to real life events, but it seems interesting enough.

Sort of like astrology. It's a cool concept to consider and play with, but I'd never base any decision-making or significant beliefs in any of the theories.

It more or less just freaks me out. Lol

My most recent dream that I can recall actually had to do with zombies. Oddly, I was living in a zombie apocalypse and, for once, I was actually surviving through it. Usually, when I have such dreams, I'm not doing overly well... I'm running for my life and it doesn't end well. But that one time, I was actually kicking ass. Kind of ironic because I'd thought it was telling me something. But meh. Was wrong about that. However, who knows. Dreams are weird.

I get zombie dreams too! They're premonitions! THE ZOMBPOCALYPSE IS UPON US.

My dreams are either really typical every day stuff, totally random and nonsensical, or elaborate epic stories. I had my first zombie dream weeks ago.

I'm just waiting for the person who comes to this thread with a zombie sex dream.

Not... that I'm anticipating it excitedly, but it's bound to happen! Right? It's not just me that foresees this?

I don't ever remember my dreams.
All I know is that I wake up screaming at least twice a week.
Every so often I even wake up singing or crying, but I can never remember what caused me to do so.
Should probably go to a sleep doctor, but I'm not made of money.
>w>

They tend to be really random. Sometimes they are awesome and I become rich somehow or get video games that don't even exist. :p Though most just seem to be nonsense. I've had dreams where I fly around(though it felt more like swimming), dreams of video games themselves that don't exist.

Some seem to have had more meaning than others, like one where, in a bar, I'd met with two people I knew in real life, and by the time of that dream they'd both died. I'm an atheist so I don't believe in any kind of afterlife, but I doubt that my brain wasn't trying to tell me something about them. At the very least, maybe my subconscious decided to do something with this song.

A lot of them tend to be nightmares, though I'm not sure if I'd call them typical or conventional or anything; usually they're just as odd as my other dreams. No zombies or other average scary monsters or anything like that(but I am surprised I have yet to have one about Slenderman). Some are kind of random. I don't really have recurring dreams, but as a kid I think I had one that happened a lot, and because of how often I woke up in the middle of thunderstorms, think that must have been the cause. I don't remember much of the visuals - I think it was just from one point of view, above some kind of spiral staircase, and maybe a bowling ball? falling down the center repeatedly to make a loud crash.

However, it seems most nightmares do have more of a meaning than any of my normal dreams do. One in particular had me kill someone, or at the very least it was implied. I didn't see myself killing them, but one moment they were alive, and the next they were just a head, so yeah. It's scary to think about, because I don't like violence and would never inflict harm on anyone outside of self defense, even if I do hate this person and feel I've been wronged by them.

At least one of my more recent dreams was good. Maybe no the most, but it's the last one I remember very well. Kind of on the normal end of things, and very simplistic, too. Pretty much I met some brunette girl (whom I don't think I've ever met in real life) and over the course of I don't know how long, we fell in love and that was it. Probably the closest I've ever had to a wet dream even though there were no naughty bits. :p Of course it was very disappointing when I woke up but it was still nice to have.

Back
Top Bottom