Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

We're just friends: chapter 1, the wedding. Sweet Angel Jocelyn and the Gladiator

"Is it supposed to be my fault the shithole landlord just got a Plummer to come in a half hour ago?" Mark yelled at Shy Coming to the doorway toothbrush in hand, wearing only a towel, his muscular chest well on display. "I am hurrying but it’s not easy to go any faster with you nagging. You're worse than my mother." he said as he quickly popped the toothbrush back into his mouth and continued brushing his teeth.

Mark's parents had been good friends with Cheyenne's when they were children. The couples taking turns watching the kids while the other couple went out, and generally doing things together on many occasions. That's how Mark had met Cheyenne, and being the closest in age, only 6 months older than her, something he used to tease her about, they, of all the siblings, had become fast friends over the years. Closer than siblings. Whether they were spying on Helena "Lena", her older sister’s dates, or picking on Matt Mark's younger brother, they did it together. They had learned everything together. How to ride a bike, and at the end of high school, how to make love to another. It was after their parent’s 25th wedding anniversary party, where the alcohol had been running very freely. That one drunken night had turned into an affair that had rarely been spoken of since, although, they had made use of one another more than once since then. It was something that happened and it wasn’t something they discussed, it just sort of happened and then wasn’t spoken of.

Their closeness had continued until recently when college had ended and they got rapped up with work and they started dating more seriously. They had always loved sharing details about their relationships with each other. That was until Mark met Lisa, and she didn't like Mark talking to Cheyenne about their personal life, especially their sexual practices together. Mark told Shy anyway, but as he and Lisa's relationship grew closer he grew more and more distant with her, hanging out with her less often and almost seemed awkward around her.

That being said, he had resolved to make this night work for Cheyenne, she deserved it. He had promised her over a year ago, before he had met Lisa that he would go to Lena's wedding with her. So here he was, brushing his teeth watching Cheyenne glare at him for his slowness. He leaned to the side to spit into the sink, "Please tell me you didn't just walk over here, and you have your car. I'd really not like to have to drive the bike to the church in a suit. I mean I could put on the leather pants and change later, but it'd just be much more convenient if you brought your car." he commented smirking a little at the thought of trying to drive his motorcycle in dress pants and a shirt and tie.

Setting down the toothbrush on the kitchen counter, not even bothering to take it back to the bathroom Mark began to Gel his hair, trying to tame the chocolate mass. “Not to mention, my hair does not need one more excuse to go apeshit on me.” He said, finally managing to part the mass and tame its unruliness, for the most part. “Don’t give me that look, I’m doing the best I can, you know it never does what I want… I swear to god I should just buzz it short again.” He said his back to her. He couldn’t see what look she was giving him, but he could imagine it clearly in his mind. The entire time, Mark seemed oblivious to the fact he was merely in a towel, and seemed just as oblivious that this may or may not be making Cheyenne uncomfortable.

(Moderator's note: this thread is closed, please do not post without express permission of the authors. Reading is encouraged and feedback via pm is always welcome. We hope you enjoy!)

Cheyenne couldn't help but be aggravated. The first time in almost a month that she was able to do something with her best friend and he was running late. She'd pushed her way into his apartment, relieved that Lisa wasn't there to interrupt their night. She knew if the other woman would have been there she would have given them a very hard time. He probably would have felt so guilty about leaving her that he wouldn't have gone, or wouldn't have been any fun.

"Well, when did you call your landlord?" She asked him, raising an eyebrow as she watched him getting ready. "If you didn't call him until a little while ago, it's still your fault." She said. "Now, come on. Chop Chop, Lena is not going to hold this thing forever."

Her past with Mark had always supported a very close relationship. They would talk, and joke, she had always been able to cuddle with him and enjoy a movie. But, suddenly things were only slightly comfortable, actually, more like slightly uncomfortable. She didn't have her Mark, instead, she had Lisa's Mark... She didn't like Lisa..

She admired Mark in his towel, it was easy to do that because he was so sexy. Their past also included plenty of pleasure between them.

"I can't believe that we are actually going to be late for my sister's wedding. She's going to kill me." She told him, running a hand over her soft pink dress. It was one that she'd picked out on her own three weeks before. It accentuated her body, displaying her curves and the cut on the dress gave a nice peak of her full breasts.

"Move it or lose it, buddy boy." She said, standing up. "Get dressed or I will do it for you." She was only teasing, this much he'd know, but she really did need him to get going.

Mark shot Cheyenne a glare over his shoulder, “I called him 2 days ago, thank you very much… and god did I need a shower.’ He said smirking. “Had he not said the guy was coming today I would have showered somewhere else.” He said defensively, “Well, he said he was coming at 8 this morning, dude didn’t get here until 11:30 I swear to god.”

He was heading for his closet when she stood up and spoke again, He actually paused mid step, “Was that supposed to be a threat?, cause you’ve really got to work on that shit, that sounds damn fun…” he smirked. “Don’t worry though, I’ll do it, I wouldn’t want you to enjoy yourself too much.” He said.

Mark Began to tug on his underwear and dress pants. He dropped his towel in front of her; he really didn’t care, and even risked her anger to wiggle his ass at her teasing her a little. Buttoning the pants he turned to face her, “You never said, if you had your car or not.” He said. His eyes for the first time taking in the soft pink dress she was wearing. “Wow you look nice.” He said, managing to pry his eyes from her exposed breasts to meet her eyes. “Are all the brides’ maids going to be wearing pink? It works on you, but I cannot see Kara in Pink, Frankly even if she is the maid of honor, I’m not sure how that woman is allowed in a church without it catching fire or something.” He said, referencing Lena’s Goth best friend. He had changed the subject to steer the conversation away from her looks, and how he was just staring at her. “Am I buttoning my own shirt, or do you intend on doing it for me?” he asked as he began putting the shirt on as he spoke.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." Cheyenne said to Mark, rolling her eyes as he tried to tell her that he'd called his landlord two days before. She could remember when she had to call his landlord because she'd been spending nights there, when they were just enjoying each other's bodies, and was tired of having no water. He kept promising he'd call, but he hadn't, so she was the one to do that. So, she didn't totally believe him.

"Yes, I brought my car, but I swear, if you don't get moving I'm going to make you take your bike or a taxi." She threatened. She narrowed her eyes as he removed the towel and teased her by shaking his ass. "Stop that." Though she giggled. "You are a grown man... I think!"

She thought of her sister's best friend and shuddered. "It's what Lena wants. Kara even had to go for a special make-over this morning to look right." She told him with a laugh. "You go ahead and button, you jerk." She teased him, winking. After adjusting her skirt and slipping her feet more comfortably in her stiletto heels, she walked over to him, lightly running her hand over his shirt. She adjured the fabric and the color.

As an interior decorator, she always took in differed fabrics, and colors or patterns for ideas. "let's get a moving... I don't wanna deal with Indian burns around a large crowd of people." She told him, knowing what her sister would do if she didn't show on time.

He raised the eyebrow at the jerk comment but said nothing. He paused to let her fuss over his shirt straightening it. He straightened his tie and then reach to slip into the sport coat, “Do I look alright Miss Priss?” he asked laughing. “You’re as bad as my mother at nagging.”

“Ok ok ok, I’m ready.” He said at her prodding. “Women.” He muttered under his breath. “Even with those heals you’re way shorter than me.” He added as he passed her making as if he were going to swat or grope her ass and then pulled his hand back, obviously seeming to rethink that action and judged it to be unwise.

Mark stepped into his dress shoes, pretty sure that she would bitch that he was wearing his old band shoes from high school, but by the same token, wasn’t sure he cared, the things were comfortable, and dammit they were black dress shoes, what more did she want from him, no one would know but her anyway.

Cheyenne rolled her eyes as he teased her about nagging him. She looked him over and nodded. Mark was always a very handsome man, but he was not one who would wear fancy clothing. All dressed up, he was one hell of a sight. "You look wonderful." She offered.

"Making fun of me, now?" She asked him, poking at his side. She looked down at his shoes and shook her head. Those band shoes... She hated those things. But, he looked nice anyway.

"Alright, head out and get into my car." She told him, sighing softly. She slid her arm through his as she started to follow him out. Things still felt so tense, they had since he'd started seeing Lisa. She thought the tension was from the new relationship, as they always felt that when the other started something new, but it stuck around this time.

"How's work going? It's been so long since we've been able to talk." She pointed out as they walked.

“I wouldn’t go that far.” He replied to her comment that he looked wonderful, but shot her a smile all the same. “Oh no, I would never make fun of you.” He said deadpan to her next comment.

As they walked down the steps he felt her arm slide through his. It was an utterly casual gesture, one she had done more than a hundred times over the years, but he still tensed. He had never minded her touch never, until recently that is. Now adays he felt like he should feel guilty for enjoying her touch, for how his body would sometimes react to her.

He cleared his throat, “Yeah… Lisa.” He broke off realizing what a lame excuse pinning all the blame on Lisa would be. Granted, Lisa was partially to blame, but she hadn’t held a gun to Mark’s head and forced him to distance himself from Cheyenne. In fact Mark wasn’t really sure how it had happened, just that it had. Sometimes it was obvious, like when he canceled plans with Shy just to stop a fight with Lisa, but most of the time it was much more subtle, like she spent all her time with him, or wanted him around all the time, or needed his help with things.

Mark mumbled an apology and then tried to recover just a bit, “Work is… work, you know, same shit… new day…” Mark had combined his love for music with his parent’s experience and background in business and worked in the music industry, as a producer and band manager, as well as some other titles within the record label he was a part of. He had been pressured into confining his desire to play music to one or two weekends a month playing in local bands, having given up on his touring days a couple years ago. Not that he and his old band had ever toured that extensively, it was just something they had tried a couple summers during college. The music industry was incredibly difficult to break into, especially on the artist side of things. That being said, Mark had a good head for business and so had found the beginnings of success in behind the scenes work in the music world.

Cheyenne would love to put all the blame on Lisa for not getting to spend any time with her best friend. And a part of her did. But the biggest part was pissed off about her best friend ditching her. Through the years they had been closer than family, he'd been the first boy she'd ever told she loved. Sure, it hadn't been romantically as far as she knew, but she had loved him and still did.

So, instead she was just pissed off that he decided against talking to her, against seeing her. When she had that important luncheon for work and her boyfriend had just broken up with her, all she wanted was Mark to go with her for lunch. He had agreed, then at the last minute had called her and called it off. She was embarrassed through the whole thing and heartbroken.

"Oh, come on. Your work is cool." She had even had the chance to work for some of his artists, though usually not when they were famous. But, she was building up. The business had even been featured in a home magazine.

When they got to the car, she slipped into the drivers seat and arranged her skirt. "So, how much is Lisa planning to kill me for taking you away from her for a day?" She asked him with a grin.

Mark got into the car and laughed just a little bit at her question. "I'm thinking a slow torture, culminating in a public execution, probably involving fire, or rocks... and the press, you can't forget the press, reporters would just eat it up." He snickered.

"He shrugged, "On a more serious note, she'll not be happy, but I told her that this meant a lot to me, not just to you. I'd rather be your date than have some jerkoff you just met take you. It was a little awkward trying to explain why I was going with you to the wedding and not taking her. I finally had to pull the because I promised card."

Mark had once been a man who never broke his promises, especially to Cheyenne. The only one he could even to this day think of was that lunchin. That was also the only time he'd lied to her. He hadn't been sick and they both knew it. Fortunately she didn't know that Lisa was busy sucking his cock even while he was on the phone. Funny that, she would do that to keep him from going out with Cheyenne, but rarely offered it at other times. He did a mental doubletake just beginning to realize how whipped he just might be.

"I wouldn't put it passed her." Cheyenne remarked. She hated that it seemed so easy for Mark to forget about her with that woman running around. She didn't like Lisa and the feeling was mutual. She just wished that Mark would realize that Lisa was no good for him. She just couldn't tell him that because of their past. He'd think that she just wanted him in bed with her again.

"You shouldn't have to pull any card. I'm your best friend, why can't you do things with me?" She asked him, raising an eyebrow. She started driving toward the park that would be holding her sister's wedding.

"So, exactly how serious is it getting with her? What does she have that so interesting?" Cheyenne knew that she was hot. Men loved her. She was smart and attractive, had skills that most woman envied, and still Mark found somewhere else to go, someone else to spend time with. It hurt her sometimes. And made her wonder what was so wrong with her.

"Oh come on, you know I was kidding she's not going to kill you...maybe only just mame you." he said with a snicker.

He blew out a sigh and adopting a high pitched voice, "You can't just run around with another girl Marcus, you aren't children anymore. You expect me to let you just go hang out with a woman I know you've fucked? Am I really supposed to just be ok with it?" he sighed, "I told her it was in the past, that we were just friends, but yeah..." he sighed, "Come on Shy, you know how much I hate fighting. I thought I did the right thing to keep the peace."

He sat there for a long moment, "Because I love her." was all he could say, he really couldn't say why, he just did. "I guess it's pretty serious." blowing out another sigh Mark reached for the doorhandle and got out.

Cheyenne sighed and shook her head. For some reason, him saying he loved Lisa actually hurt her. But, she pushed passed that and let it go. "Well, we probably won't be seeing much of each other after this then." She said as she got out of the car. So, she didn't do a good job of getting passed the hurt.

"So, I will go find my sister. I'll see you after the ceremony, okay?" She asked him, smiling up at him. Then, feeling playful, she stood on her toes, wrapped her arms around his shoulders and placed a smacking kiss on his lips. Then, she dropped back down and winked. "I gotta get pictures taken quickly before Lisa maims me." She told him, giggling.

She waved before hurrying into the little tent set up for the wedding party to get prepared.

"Yeah I guess not." Mark said feeling his stomach fall. He found that thought bothered him, a lot.
"Hey now, none of that." he said and swatted her bottom as she pulled back, "If you're going to do that for Christ sakes do it right." he muttered as she walked of, not sure if he wanted her to hear that or not.

Mark hadn't made it very far when he heard a very loud, very obnoxious, very familiar voice. "Hey dumb ass..."

"What do you want... Kara." Mark said with a long suffering sigh.

"Why do you have to get that tone with me boy, don't make me kick your ass." Kara didn't let him respond before she spoke again. "Look, one of Ryan's groomsmen got the flue, we need a fillin."

Mark held up his hands defensively even as he gaped at the Vision of Kara in pink. "Don't you even say anything pretty boy, I'm on my last fuse and I'm not above kicking your ass." She snarled. Mark raised his hands even higher.

"Ok, ok, ok, put your claws back in.... I'll do it."

Lena was rushing around in the Tent when Cheyenne got there, "Where the hell have you been? We're not going to be ready on time, and where the hell did Kara go? 10 minutes ago I couldn't get her off my back, she's way too overcontroling sometimes, and now I can't find her. If she went to smoke I swear to god I'll kill her." She planted a distracted kiss on Cheyenne's cheak as she came over.

"I think she went to find someone to be a groomsman." another of the bridesmaids called to Lena. "Great, as long as she doesn't kill the person in question." Lena commented.

Cheyenne had heard, but only laughed at the words instead of continuing on. She couldn't do a whole lot there, anyway. Mark's family would be there, her family would be there. Anything they did would probably get back to the wonderful Lisa...

"I'm sorry, Helena." She told her sister, looking around. "You know Mark, worse than a girl when it comes to getting ready. I actually had watch him gel his hair." She shook her head as she looked over her sister in the wedding dress. "Oh,Lena... You look beautiful in Mom's dress." And she did. The white and lace fit her perfectly, after some altering.

The sisters had always fought over who would wear their mother's wedding gown. They both had completely different body types so whoever wore it would ruin it for the other. While Cheyenne was short with a slim but very curvy (nice round breasts and hips and a booty), Lena was tall and almost rail thin.

"Just relax. Kara won't do anything on your wedding day. She knows we'd all kill her." She patted her sister's arm and looked around. "I'll go get her. You stay here." She offered, before she was off once more.

She retraced her steps until she found her sister's best friend talking to Mark. "Kara. Lena's freaking out." She called before she got close enough to hear what the two were saying.

"I know, relax, I'm done with your boy toy." Kara called as she saw Cheyenne coming their way. The blackhaired woman turned to go after Cheyenne, leaving Mark on his own.

Mark went to find the men and get ready.

He didn't see Cheyenne or any of the other ladies until they were lining up to walk down the isle in the ceremony. Mark felt way out of place, being the only guy in a suit and not a tuxito. And then he saw her. "He had seen the dress before, but her hair hadn't been done, and all those little finishing touches hadn't been added. He could tell by the very slight way the make-up had been applied that Lena had taken the time to do it despite being the bride, and not Kara..

Mark had so many things he could have said to Cheyenne in that moment, wanted to tell her how beautiful she was. He could have explained how he was in the wedding party, he knew it would come as a surprise to her. However, all he managed to say was, "Thank god Lena did your make-up and not Kara. I don't want to look like I'm escorting the bride of Dracula." That was mark, irreverent until the end.

Cheyenne was shocked to see Mark waiting with the line of groomsmen. Lena just seemed relieved after one had backed out. Cheyenne on the other hand had just expected one of Ryan's coworkers. It worked better for her that her escort would be Mark. But damn, it felt too cozy as they lined up.

Mark did a good job of breaking that by telling her that he was glad Lena had done her make-up. "So romantic. No wonder you get all the girls." She said playfully as she slid her arm into his. "Is this what Kara was badgering you about?" She asked with a laugh as the march began to play.

It was easy for Cheyenne to relax so close to him. He knew her better than anyone else in the world. Right then, she vowed she'd forget that Lisa even existed that night. It very well might be the last chance that the two would be able to spend any real quality time together, she'd better make it count.

"That's right I'm a regular stud muffin. and don't you forget it." he said smirking over at her. His hand layed over hers briefly as she placed her hand through the frook of his other elbow.

"You know it. I didn't want my ass kicked, but you owe me for this." he said with a laugh. He knew it was bravado, he was honored to escort her and in actuality it was neither abnormal or weird for such a close family friend to be in Lena's wedding. It was more that everyone expected Mark to be in Cheyenne's wedding, not Helena's.

Cheyenne laughed and looked ahead so that she could see where they were going. "Of course I do. I always owe you for something or other." She offered, rolling her eyes playfully.

Finally, they were walking out with the rest of the wedding party. It was a nice ceremony. Cheyenne was happy to see that her sister was happy. And she certainly couldn't wait for her turn, when her prince sweeped her off her feet. Though she was sure that everyone else would be married before she was.

"It always seemed that I would be in your wedding, not Lena's." he whispered at one point in a lull in the ceremony. He was trying to make her smile. He liked to make her smile, she always lit up like a Christmas tree when she did.

Mark managed to remain quiet through most of it until he finally whispered, "Is it over yet?" and pretended to lay his head on her shoulder. He made sure no one was looking of course, he was only being silly, not trying to start a scene.

Even Mark had to admit it was a beautiful ceremony. Both Lena and Ryan seemed to glow with their happiness, mark couldn't help it he had to smile too at such a beautiful time, such a beautiful moment.

Cheyenne had to shake her head and sigh, rolling her eyes as Mark started joking around. "Be good, Mark." She told him, rolling her shoulder to bounce him playfully. It was nice to play around with him, to be friends again.

There were so many conflicting emotions there. She was angry and jealous. She wanted to be friends with him, and she wanted to be able to play. Then there was the lingering feelings from their previous bouts of benefits.

The wedding was beautiful. Lena gave her true emotions in her vows to always love Ryan. She couldn't wait until she met a man that felt that way about her, a man she could make promises like that to...

"Oh I'm always good baby." he said smirking and wiggling his eyebrows at her, being silly.

Mark was always playful, but humor was one of his shields. He wasn't sure how he was supposed to treat Cheyenne anymore, was he supposed to act different now. He didn't think so and yet it still seemed to be happening.

He stood up with the rest of the people as the formalities concluded. He tucked Cheyenne's hand into the crook of his elbow. He tried not to think about those hands. He had always enjoyed them, and the things she could do with them. He cleared his throat, unable to believe he'd thought of that, especially right now.

Cheyenne rolled her eyes again at his playful words. Mark was so good at making her feel better. As they walked, she held onto his arm, a smile on her face so that they didn't think that she was distracted by anything but the happy occasion.

The wedding party filed out through the doors and to an area designated for pictures. She was almost surprised that Lena was going to let him in the pictures even though he didn't match, but she needed the numbers even and that was more important to her.

"I hate pictures." She whispered to Mark, though he already know that. She was terribly self-conscious, even though her pictures always turned out more beautiful than she thought they did.

"Oh give it up. You're beautiful, and very photogenic. I think that I hate pictures comment is a smokescreen where you're looking for a compliment." he chuckled, "It always works though, what kind of sucker does that make me?" he said with a pat of her hand, "That I always fall for it?"

"I hate them too. Camera people are just annoying, "look here... no no, you aren't smiling..." Hell yeah I'm not smiling I want to shove that camera up your...." he smirked. He did manage to not say the ass comment. He was speaking quietly, but he also bit off his words cause they were nearing others again.

Cheyenne giggled softly at Mark's little rant and shook her head. "You always say that, but really, I hate pictures. I hate having my picture taken." She wrinkled her nose and shook her head again.

"Now, hush. If you make the photographer mad he's liable to take bad ones of the whole wedding party and Lena will personally chop off your most valuable parts as payment." She hissed, flashing a quick smile to the attractive man handling pictures. She turned her attention back to Mark and grinned. "Besides, if you mess up the small chance I might have of getting a date with him, I'll do something worse." She threatened sweetly, and quietly.

"Oh man that's harsh." he said and just barely resisted the instinctive urge to cup himself at that comment.

His eyes swept over the photographer and shook his head, "You are ddfinitely too good for him. he's probably married with 5 kids." he said. "You wouldn't want him anyway... you could have anyone you wanted... haven't you looked in a mirror?" he said smiling down at her.

Back
Top Bottom