Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

LOLI/SHOTA UPDATE - Hopefully the final one...

darkangel76

.:The Vampiric Fae:.
Supporter
Firstly, I wanted to say thank you to everyone (members and staff alike) for being proactive in helping make the change to this rule on the forums and in the PMs as seamless as it's been. It's been very much appreciated by me.

Secondly, I also want to thank people for their questions. It shows a level of care and concern for the site, for yourselves and just a slew of other things. And I think it speaks quite loudly of us as a community.

One question that has popped up quite a bit, something that I'd taken for granted because I'd just thought it to be inferred, is a question regarding whether it's ok to have underage characters in an RP that is a main character's child or just a filler character to help enhance a story. These characters would NOT be main characters or engaging in sexual activities, just merely enhancing and adding depth and color to a story as it builds over time.

And the answer to this is short and simple....

Yes. It is fine.

Why? Because this is a writing site. All of us here, contrary to what some might think, are writers on some level. And the message I want to portray of this place is that we are writers and that this place is, in fact, a writing site. Given that, we need to be allowed to enhance our stories with added characters at times and sometimes that means our characters have babies, etc etc. And sometimes, it can even mean we need to write a flashback for our character and give some details about their past (and in these flashbacks they very well might be children). These are examples of instances where it is fine to write for younger characters in your RP. They are NOT the main character. They are NOT engaging in sexual situations (ie sexual activities, sexual abuse, sexual objectification, etc etc).

All taken together, I do hope that this helps to clarify some things as well as make everyone see why we have the loli/shota rule in place. It's not to dampen creative freedom, but to keep the place safe and free from potential predatory behaviors, etc. We're all trying to work together and do what we can to keep this place laid back and open-minded and a place where we can express ourselves in our writing. That said, the rules have indeed been updated with this clarification in place. So, thanks to all for bringing it to my attention that not everyone might have thought and/or realized that such things could necessarily be 'ok' and happy writing!

Heh, for a second when I saw this, I thought there was yet another issue with idiots trying to circumvent the rules. Not trying to be rude or pessimistic, but given the history of this particular caveat of Blue Moon...Yeah.

Anyway, this is a good clarification to have and I'm glad you posted this, DA. Hopefully this will help relieve any tensions that people might be experiencing.

Oh, グレート! (Japanese for great.) I must confess it's really been a concern of mine until DA made it clear. Good to hear that there hasn't been any other major issue with Loli/Shota. It's quite pestering and disgusting when you use 13 year old children for your rps. Meh, have a 天気の良い日!

Its fine to have passage of time, and then say..he/she is older to fall in love..would that be allowed?

To make it clear for anyone who might browse on by, it would be best that this be done via flashback. Sorry about the inconvenience.... but we're still giving a lot of leeway here regardless by allowing for flashbacks to help flesh out characters if it's needed. These can be done simple enough in snippets within a post where you still make it perfectly clear that what you are doing is in fact a flashback for a character who is 15 or older.

Back
Top Bottom