Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Technical Difficulties [[Themandii/Eyesoffire]]

Bianca tipped her chin up a bit, watching him as he spoke. She understood what he meant. This was good, he would give her loyalty. He wouldn't betray her for the Red Hands' money. Though, it wasn't as though she didn't already have her own.

Queen Bee shifted so that she was more comfortable in her seat. "That is an arrangement I can agree with. I would prefer for you to begin immediately."

Clark couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at her. He leaned back in his chair and cupped both hands around the warm cup of coffee before him. "Did expect that, already have troubles of you own, do you?" He asked in a cocky and teasing tone, as if he'd suspected that about her. "get involved with people like the Red Hands and...well...it doesn't really come as a surprise, does it?" He said, containing his know-it-all tone. Though he didn't really smile as he said it.

Clark scanned the cafe and the people around them. "Perhaps this isn't exactly the place you'd want to be, if you have reason to need you back watched."

Bianca smiled a bit. "Actually, this is a safe building for me. People here don't know who I am or where I'm from, and I've got mild surveillance on the persons in question. They're not.... inherently dangerous, I'd say. But with all that's going on, I'd rather not have them decide they want to find me and....cash in on old debts." She finished her coffee, waving at the waitress for more, a big friendly grin on her face.

As she approached the table and refreshed their cups, she kindly said some routine words about their orders being ready in a minute. When she walked away and into the kitchen, Bianca wiggled a bit in her seat. "The crepes here are my favorite." Bianca remarked cheerily. "Let's enjoy our breakfast for now, shall we?"

Not two minutes later, the waitress returned with their food, and Bianca happily ate her breakfast, though slowly, like most women did when around men.

Clark shrugged. "If you're confident enough about the place..." He wasn't much of a speaker, not when it didn't deal with business. He knew his role in society and it was best to keep his mouth shut at times that didn't need conversation. Unfortunately it made the fact that he didn't really have any friends pretty obvious. he was a handsome, young man with intelligent eyes, but when situations weren't dealing with the nitty-gritty jobs he engaged in, he wasn't the kind of man to just blurt out information.

Therefore he ate in silence, and ate fast. No self-respecting bounty-hunter are slowly. He immediately went back to scanning the area. Of course in his mind he was weighing options, always weighing options.

But Bianca drew his attention, it wasn't anything she did, it was her presence. "How long ago did you decide to enter the field you're in?" He asked quietly.

Queen Bee chuckled. "Indeed, I am confident." She listened to his question after he suddenly took his attention away from the other patrons and turned toward her. For a moment, she'd thought she might have been boring him. "When I realized how easy it is to do what I do? I was 16. When I was finished with my schooling ,I decided that working a desk job where I couldn't do what I love to the full extent of my ability wasn't my cup of tea." Bianca finished her meal soon enough, but didn't rush on account of Clark having finished before her.

"Let's get out of here," She murmured and picked up the receipt slip to pay at the counter on their way out. Bianca stood from her seat. "I'd like to get to working on your ship while it's still light out."

"What's wrong with my ship?" Clark asked, a little defensively. If there was one thing he had in this world it was his ship. That piece of metal had saved his life on more than several occasions and he counted on it every chance he got.
He walked to the counter and allowed Bianca to pay, this wasn't a date and bounty hunters were not going to turn down a chance for someone else to pay. He watched her pay the money and waked out of the cafe with her.

"If there is one thing my ship needs, it's refueling, and that's really all there is." he had indeed forgotten all about the fact that Bianca had agreed to augment his ship to suit them both.

She raised a brow. "I promised you I'd update your ship's computers, Clark." Bianca laughed a bit. "Don't you remember?" She tilted her head slightly as she glanced over at him. "I can make sure it's refueled as well." They strode back to her apartment building and she grinned upon seeing Cerberus. "Can't wait to see this ship on the inside!"

Her eyes lit up as she sauntered over to his ship. "Oh man, this is gonna be fun." Bianca grinned over at the man. "Well? What are you waiting for? Let me in this baby!"

Clark pursed his lips. He should have apologized for the misunderstanding, but he didn't. He only watched Bianca look over his ship with such excitement.

The ship itself was a streamed-lined fighter that carried 2 people maximum. It had no less than 4 fuel cells, 2 of which were reserves just in case. At the first were blasters, calibrated to fire simultaneously. The hull itself had faint black stripes and it was clear that the paint had come off due to numerous hull repairs. It was obvious that the ship had been hit several times.

Clark finally walked up to it and punched a code into the pad beside the cockpit and stepped back to allow Bianca to watch as the top rose up to reveal two seats close together and two sets of controls. "Just in case one dies..." He said, explaining why there were two controls. "I usually bring a small carrier in tow on the back for my bounties." He said, "But for you I came with nothing because I could have just handed you in to the authorities on Mars."

She climbed up into the cockpit, taking a good look around. "Oh boy, you're a little behind the times here, Clark." She murmured as she ran her hand over he console that was clearly the one he used from the obvious signs of constant usage. Bianca rolled up her long sleep pants so they were more like shorts and tied the tank top so that it was tighter and showed midriff. She didn't want her clothes to get caught in any of the machinery while she worked on his ship.

"We'll see about the fuel later or tomorrow, I see no reason for you to go anywhere for a while, while I teach you the layout of the apartment and the data files for the surrounding area that I have compiled." She pulled her comm from her bra and produced a yellow wire from her pocket, hooking the comm up to his computer, springing the ship to life without the key.

"Now.... Let's see what I can do here, Just going to run a simple diagnostic on her." She sat in Clark's seat. Moments later the comm chimed that it had completed its analysis of Cerberus' systems. "Ah, I see.... How old is this ship, exactly?"

Clark was growing increasingly frustrated at the way she was touching his ship, and especially at the remarks she was making regarding the Cerberus. But he didn't say anything, he only leaned over her to look at the work Bianca was doing. He forced himself to stop grinding his teeth when she started the ship without the key, he should have expected that, she was a hacker, a technical genius, of course she'd be able to start his ship up.

"Seven...or eight...maybe nine." Clark said, frowning. "She still flies well, the targeting system works fine, I can vouch for that. The comms are as good as you'd expect, I really don't see what else you could possibly add to the ship to make her better." He pursed his lips and looked at her, of course it had been years since he'd replaced the parts, constant maintenance was all the Cerberus really needed.

Bianca chuckled at his defense of his ship. "I'm sure it runs just "fine", Clark, but I'm going to make it run "perfectly". You will be amazed what I can do with a few minor updates and a couple of add-ons. Tell me, is Cerberus able to detect cloaked ships, or cloak on its own?" She swiveled in her seat to look at him. "If it can, I'm impressed. Cloaking technology is hard to come by, generally it's government technology, but since it became somewhat public knowledge, the technology has since been leaked and replicated many times over. It's very expensive... But I happen to have a spare unit that I was keeping for Yellow Jacket. Interested?"

Clark pursed his lips. He was interested. "She can't cloak, but she can detect cloaked ships nearby...the system is old, so the radius of detection is smaller than even what the police cruisers have." He leaned against the side of the ship, his head sticking his head in to see what Bianca was tinkering with. "Id like to give her the ability to cloak, would prove much more useful in any other jobs...or for this one." He admitted freely. "Though, you don't have to...if it was meat to be for your ship then you can keep it. I've gotten along well enough without having to worry about cloaking."

"No need to be timid all of a sudden, Clark." She replied, smiling a bit. "If I didn't want to share, I would not have told you about it."

Bianca set her comm down onto the main console. "You have a tool kit in here somewhere, right?" She turned towards him. "I'm going to need it so I can make some adjustments. I'm also going to install some new software into Cerberus' computer. You will find that it runs more efficiently this way. And if you test drive it when I'm finished and you don't like it, I can always change it back. Promise."

Clark looked at Bianca for a moment, studying her face as if to ask if she indeed intended to keep her promise. He broke contact and walked to the back of the ship, popped open a hatch and pulled out a tool kit that was clearly used in the 1960s. He handed it to her and stepped aside, allowing her to do her work.

"So what are you doing next?" he asked her, still leaning against the ship, though his gaze slowly moved over the rest of the parking lot. The few other ships docked looked cleaner, more transport vessels than anything else. "Job-wise, I mean." He squinted at one black ship with a tinted cockpit.

She gave the kit and odd look for but a brief moment before she got to work. It seemed that someone had versed her in the use of non-auto tools. Interesting. Perhaps it was her dearly departed father that she'd mentioned previously.

"Job-Wise? I'm not sure yet.... I guess I'll have to do some research on my options... Maybe I'll just partner up with you!" Bianca laughed aloud. Eventually though, she cut the conversation, kneeling on the floor and opening up some plates at the base of the console and adjusted various parts. She paused from her work to check her Comm and began the installation process as well as the backup process for his old system software. "...Maybe I can just fix ships for a living. Not that that is very exciting--nor would I imagine it pays near as well as what I'm currently doing."

"It's consistent work, off the radar, you can have a normal life." Clark said as he watched her work. "If that is what you want." He knew that last bit was important, it was certainly not something he wanted to deal with, normal was boring, and even though he wasn't exactly the loud, adventurous type, he knew what would keep him interested. Of course he knew the benefits of a quiet, simple life, and from time to time engaged in it in order to keep well below the radar. Fortunately, not many people knew his face and adding Bianca to the list was something he did reluctantly.

"I have a question." He said, crouching down to her level, still watching her work. "How do you know I won't turn you in the moment you get comfortable with my presence?" He frowned. "I might, or might not be implying anything." If Bianca cared to look at him she'd see something new on a face, a cocky look, even a slight grin.

Queen Bee did indeed look up at her new companion, and despite that cocky smirk on his face, her cheerful face faltered for the briefest of moments, something very unpleasant flashed in her eyes, something that not even she could name. It was quickly replaced by a smirk of her own and her eyes narrowed slightly.

"You won't. Trust me. I know you're much smarter than you are cute, so don't try to fuck with me, Clark." She chuckled, turning back to her work. "That wouldn't be very nice, as it seems our relationship is mutually beneficial at this point. I make you much more wealthy, I update your ship, and you keep your mouth shut, and keep my enemies away from me." She glanced up at him again, a small smile on her face.

"It's simple. It's nice. You wouldn't throw that away." She said simply.

Her compliment wasn't missed by Clark, he kept that smug look on his face, eyeing Bianca silently before stating, "Many of my bounties have told me they could make me rich beyond my dreams. I took them in anyway." He didn't care to elaborate further into what this meant to their relationship.. Instead, Clark turned the discussion to another topic. "I take it you have no problem with acts of terrorism." He said, pursing his lips after he'd finished speaking. "After all, that was what got me onto your tail."

And, she didn't ask as to what he'd meant about his first statement.

"I have no issues doing what I love for the right price.... I wouldn't necessarily call it terrorism, per say." She grinned guiltily. "More like hitting some buttons that just happen to detonate 400,000 creds worth of mid-grade explosives."

Bianca replaced the plate that she'd removed and her comm pinged to announce the completion of its installation and backup of the ship's computer data and software. She stood and looked to him, wiping her hands on her pants.

"Well, that's it for the small adjustments and the computer tweaks. For that cloaking device and any other upgrades you might want, that will take me a few days to complete."

"Thank you." Clark said, standing straight. "So you have no issues with innocent people getting hurt because you pressed some buttons?" he asked quietly, frowning at her a little. "I mean...usually that's something 'bad' people do...you don't exactly strike me as a 'bad' human being." he crossed his arms over his chest. "Is your next job going to be the unnecessary destruction of something commoners use every day? Or perhaps this time you'll hack into a multi-planetary corporation and send some funds our way? Because in all honesty," he walked towards his ship and looked into the cockpit. "I can live with being a part of the second job."

Her eyes shifted, away, off into space it seemed. "Like I said... I try not to think about it that way. They have said to me in the past that they aren't interested in killing innocents. To them, those spacegate crews are just part of the government--which is true in a sense. They are paid by the government to do their jobs."

She shifted. "I doubt they'd do anything unnecessary like that in the future. Destroying the space gates was a show of muscle for them." She didn't look like she really believed her own words. One might wonder how someone who wasn't a 'bad' human being live with themselves in this line of work. How did she sleep at night?

"I'll let you know when I get my next assignment. I think they're going to give me a little break since I did two jobs back to back."

Back
Top Bottom