Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

My Heart Sleeps By the Sea [punkrockartist91 x Eyesoffire]

punkrockartist91

Supernova
Simone had grabbed herself an apple for breakfast. It wasn't much but it kept her energized throughout the day. Plus she wanted something light while the sun was beating down. Summer was almost here and the days were getting hotter. Moving to the top of the deck, she smiled seeing the crew cleaning the deck. Her mother must be in a mood today or she just really wanted the deck to be clean before they made any kind of decision to port. Humming, she found Gideon and skipped over to him. Pulling an apple from the inside of her shirt, she crouched down and handed it to him. "I see you're already working. You know, if you were this handy on your other ship, why were you locked in that room?"

RE: My Heart Sleeps By the Sea

Gideon looked up from his work at the apple being handed to him. He smiled and took it from Simone. Getting up and stretching out his back with a groan. "Stupid decisions and stupid people, I guess...can't say I'm not without blame, to be honest." He looked away, not really wanting to talk about it. Gideon looked around at the people working. It had been a while since he'd seen a ship's crew have so much chemistry, and perform so well. Everyone was into their jobs, it almost made him feel bad that he hated swabbing the deck. He took a bite from the apple, the taste was incredible, after weeks of bread and water, this apple was like fresh-baked bread made in heaven. He smiled to himself, he had to admit, some things were improving. Though he wanted to change his situation totally, instead of working on a ship, to be something more, to be his own man.
"What about you?" He asked, turning to Simone. "What are you up to today?"

She shrugged a bit and looked around while she chewed on her apple. She waited until she swallowed to say anything. "Nothing planned for today, actually. Sometimes I read or hang out with the guys and let them teach me how to do things. Jake has some pretty neat ideas and Amun is pretty cool when he's teaching me how to use the ropes. My mother doesn't approve of me being so high up since I could hurt myself but my dad doesn't seem to mind. At least not until I injure myself anyway." Simone paused and licked the fruit juice from her lips. "Are you going to leave when we port in Dominica?"

"yes." Gideon said, without a second thought. He was back down on his knees again, scrubbing away at the hard wood on the deck, the sun beating down on his back, sweat forming on his brow. And it wasn't even 10 in the morning yet. He pursed his lips in concentration as he worked, and seemed to forget about Simone. But then he looked back up at her and watched her stand there, eating the apple. "You want to come with me?" he asked suddenly, before turning around to work again. "When I leave, you want to leave too?" He asked, rephrasing the question in case she didn't hear it the first time. "You've got more guts than most men, coming into battle yourself...you might not be too bad to have around, that much, I'll admit."

Simone watched him scrub the deck and he seemed to forget she was there. So she took a few moments to look around to see what was being done. Her mother wasn't in side and she supposed she was with her father somewhere. At least she was lucky enough to know that her parents were still in love and were very much attracted to one another. When he started speaking to her, she looked back down at him while finishing her apple. "Probably. I want to talk to my dad first. Maybe he'll have a better time convincing my mom to let me be out of my own. I'm glad I can come in handy for you." She rolled her eyes and stood back up to throw her apple core out into the ocean for the fish to pick at.

"That was a waste..." Gideon said, looking over the railing where he'd last seen the apple core disappear. "You could have given it to me." He stated before getting back to work. He'd been without good food for so long that he knew what to waste and what not too. He was sure there was still something to be eaten on that core of an apple and he wouldn't have mind if Simone had eaten most of it. "Go talk to your dad, I'm off the moment we make port, it's not like I brought my entire savings with me." He said, smiling to himself.

Simone looked at him and blinked. "It was pretty much gone. If you want another apple, I can get you one. I'm sure there's more down there." She wiped her hands on her pants and then looked up at the sky. It wasn't even that late in the day and at this rate, she was going to have to go below deck and enjoy the cool shades. That or beg her mother to stop at a small island so they could enjoy a swim. But first, she needed to find her father. Grinning, she pulled another apple from her shirt and tossed it at Gideon before turning on her heel and strutting off to find her dad.

The apple hit Gideon in the head, he scowled after Simone and looked down at the apple. He took it, wiped it on his shirt and took a bite out of it. Two apples, his lucky day. They were so sweet and ripe. He continued to eat as he worked, his back aching slightly since he was bent over the wood.

Crispin was back in the map room, the same room he had been in when the battle the previous day had started. Again he was drinking rum from a mug. He sipped it thoughtfully and looked at the maps as the wood around him groaned while the ship set sail.

Simone skipped down the stairs to the second level of the Creed. It took her awhile to look for her father but she found him. She didn't understand why she never checked the map room since he was always in there. Shaking her head, she closed the door behind her and sat in a chair in front of the desk with a smile. "Hi, father." She glanced down at the map he had been looking at. "What are you doing?" Of course she was nervous. She had no idea how he was going to react or what he would do. But she wouldn't know until she tried.

"Hello Simone." Crispin said, not removing his eyes from the maps he was gazing it. The ship rocked gently, in all honesty he was surprised to find her down here. He took up his mug and took a swing of rum. "Come to pay your father a small visit? I'm glad, it does get a little lonely down here, especially with nothing but dusty maps to keep you company, but someone has to navigate for your mother's ship." He pulled aside one map to look at another, all the maps were in different languages, some in Mandarin, others in Danish, but the earth was the same regardless of what country you're from.

Crispin finally looked up. "Go to see you in one piece, tells me you didn't go wading into battle like the rest of us. Smart girl." However he gave her a knowing grin. "So what can I do for my daughter today?"

She looked at the different maps as he sorted through them all. It was amazing to see the different things her mother was able to collect through out the time she had been on this ship. "You could always bring the maps up to the deck. I'm sure Jake wouldn't mind navigating with you. After all, he does steer the helm often." Simone looked at her father when he looked up at her. She glanced away at his knowing grin. Okay, so maybe he knew. After all, she was her father's daughter. "So I guess you kind of knew.." She chewed her bottom lip and rubbed one of her arms out of nervousness. "I guess I look too much like mom to pose as a boy..."

"You mean you look incredibly intelligent and beautiful?" Crispin smiled and hugged Simone. "If I were to take these maps up we'd probably lose them to the wind. It's a little too risk in my opinion." He kissed her forehead and walked back to his chair and sat down it in, looking up at his daughter. "Now...you clearly needed something, didn't you? Not to say you never visit me when i'm working, but this is boring, and maps are the last thing on your mind."

Simone smiled at her father's compliment and when he sat down, so did she. She pressed her lips together as she thought about how to explain it to him that she wanted to leave. Maybe the best way to do it was to just blurt it out. Taking in a deep breath, she calmed her nerves and let it out. "I want to leave when we port in Dominica. I want my own ship and to explore the world on my own." She said a little bit too fast, but at least it was out there.

Crispin stared at her, his hands spread apart over the table, leaning upon it. He didn't say anything for some time, though he had a feeling that perhaps that pistol was exactly what did this, yet he was still unsure. He nodded quietly, slowly, his eyes moving down to the maps until they hit Dominica. "I see..." He said softly, before looking up at her again, "I see..." He said again, "I know exactly how you feel, you're old enough now." He walked to the door of the cabin and paused. "Just two things." He said, turning back to her. "Be very, very careful. And..." A small smile crept over Crispin's face. "Talk to your mother about this as well..."

Simone frowned at her father's reaction. For some reason, he didn't seem as happy about her leaving as she thought he would be. Of course she knew he would be sad, but she didn't know that he would act a little distant. She nodded. "I will. I promise. I've learned from the best after all." She gave him one of his own grins and took in a deep breath. Her mother was going to be the hardest to talk to, especially since she sometimes treated Simone as a child. And sometimes she could be, but she needed to grow up for herself. She heard her mother's stories of her being taken at the ripe age of nineteen by a pirate captain of the Creed. And then the ones where her parents had fell in love for the first time. Maybe being adventurous was in her blood.

"Heh..." Crispin folded his arm across his chest and leaned back against a wall. "Go, you better see your mother about this and stop flattering me. You know my ego is high enough as it is." He walked over and hugged Simone. "I knew this day would come, it was always a matter of time, the child your mother and I made was destined to be adventurous, it's in your blood, in your soul. Make sure no one tells you otherwise." He kissed her cheek. "One more thing...the names your mother and I carry, they hold a bit of weight across the seas, people have heard of us, but do not think that it will stop them from hurting our only daughter." He cupped her cheek. "No go, speak to your mom!'

She gave her father a small smile and jumped out to hug him close and then went to find her mother. Her father was right though, not all of her parents stories were good ones and over time, they had created a lot of enemies and not all of them human. Moving through the corridors, she peered inside each room to find her mother. But she wasn't anywhere to be seen. Twiddling her lips, Simoe figured Melina might be in her room. It seemed after her parents spent a night in their room after a battle, her mother slept in. She made a disgusted face and shook her head. 'Ew, gross. I don't even want to think about that.' Simone shook her was to rid herself of such perverse thoughts and came to her mother's door. She gently knocked but there wasn't a sound. The door creaked slightly as she opened it and she looked at her mother. The raven haired woman was still in bed, gently snoring and naked. Simone rolled her eyes. Of course. Shaking her head, she closed the door with a heavy sigh and went to find some crewmen to bother until her mother woke up.

Gideon was finally relaxing, leaning against the railing of the Creed and enjoying the breeze that blew over the deck of the ship. The day was not hot, but it wasn't cool either and the breeze was very, very welcome. He wondered how far till they reached land? How long till he was able to get off the Creed and find his own way again? He wanted that freedom, to soar above the waves at the helm of a ship and find long lost or forgotten islands with wild beasts and birds. To drink with new friends in a tavern and have a lady on his lap. In his mind the lady was Simone and he instantly snapped back to reality.

Gideon looked around, wondering if anyone had looked inside his head and saw what he saw. Everyone was minding their own business. He turned back to stare at the cool blue water, returning to his thoughts of freedom.

Simone moved to the deck with a soft huff and leaned against one of the railings. Her eyes closed and she let the soft breeze from the sea hit her face and she breathed it in deeply. She didn't know what it was, but the feeling of the breeze, the sound of the ocean and the gulls always made her feel better. She had been nervous to talk to her mother and the fact that she couldn't get it over with made her feel even more nervous. Her mother could sometimes be a hard woman with a tough exterior and although Simone was her daughter, it didn't keep her mother from being firm with her. Even so, when they reached Dominica, she'd leave whether her mother wanted her to or not.

It would be easy to sneak off the Creed and venture off into the docks and into the city. There she would find Gideon and they'd be off starting their own adventure. It excited her and scared her at the same time. Opening her eyes, she rubbed her forehead.

A week had passed by, the Creed sailed on with no worries from any of the other ships. Gideon was honestly getting a little tired of doing the same job, despite the fact that he knew he wouldn't be getting to do anything else so soon. But what made things worse was that there wasn't even any fighting going on. At least things like that made life like this manageable.

Then he heard the call, they're reached, the port could be seen from the crow's nest. Within the day they were there. Anchor was dropped and Gideon made it to shore as quickly as possible. He was able to find Melina and thank her for allowing him to stay on the ship, but he quickly said that he had to leave, and soon. It was a hurried goodbye, but he needed to say it.

Soon enough he was on his own, sitting in a tavern called "The Black Blade, sipping rum from a bottle as he looked around at the strangers.

The ship had ported and Simone was more than happy to get off the ship and take a look around. She loved the sea but stretching her legs out on land was nice and sleeping in a bed without waves rolling the ship was even better. Getting down the plank, she took in her first breath of air from the land and smiled as she looked around. But her smile soon faded when she couldn't find Gideon.

Melina had been slightly surprised when the boy quickly said his goodbyes and his gratitude. But he was a sailor and it was probably best that he go out and venture on his own with his own sails and his own rules. Pirates never seemed to like playing by the rules of others. Putting her hands on her hips, she scolded her men to be on good behavior and relax some before they left port the day after.

Simone smiled at her mother and sneaked away into the allies to find Gideon. She'd leave her father to deal with her stubborn mom.

Back
Top Bottom