Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Untouchable Kingpin (Gent X SugarPlum)

William heard her her tone and really couldn't blame her for the way that she was reacting. Clearly, she was neither a dancer or a whore as she felt the need to remind him numerous times and he would not allow her to be treated as such. William's nickname was The Gentleman for a reason and not just because he owned a gentleman's club. While he wasn't a perfect gentleman he did not allow men to take advantage of the girls under his protection. When they went to the party, and they were going to go, she would be under his protection which was ironic because he had hired her as a bodyguard. Her assumption about the things that go on at those types of events was very true, many people at the resort that was rented out would be used for the sexual gratification of the small group of men who would be assembled there. However, Elle would be deemed his woman and therefore completely off limits.

"You're not a dancer or a whore." He muttered in a soft yet serious tone, "I would not let anybody," William paused to correct himself, "Will not allow anyone to touch you. You have my permission, if you are touched inappropriately to break any arms you want to. After you tell them that you are The Lady." William looked over toward her to see if her gaze had calmed down a little yet, "The Lady is a title that I used a long time ago to define a woman that I was involved with." To these words William looked out the driver side window clearly not wanting to discuss his previous Lady. "You'll be safe as long as you identify yourself as such." The Gentleman had not allowed anyone to be referred to as the Lady in three or four years. He had fired people for even asking him if they could be the Lady and here he was letting Elle pretend for a while just to ensure her comfort at the event. He focused back on the road as they took their exit, only a short distance from his estate now. William lightened up a little, "Hey, if you really want that ass whooping I would be more than happy to oblige you. I really don't wanna mess up that pretty face of yours though so we'll have to use headgear." The Gentleman tapped her on the thigh with his palm, knowing good and well that this would probably make her angry but he enjoyed picking at her so he didn't care.

They arrived at his estate and he pulled up in front of her temporary home, "So what will it be? Dinner or the Gym?" He smiled widely as the men in the SUV began to take the things into the house.

His words did placate her, but at the same time there were inherently some risks in referring to herself as The Lady. It was one thing to let people assume, another thing entirely to actually tell people they were an item. Elle wasn't sure how she felt about it, but at the same time she was relieved that he seemed to have no intention of using her for sexual purposes. She believed him when he said he wouldn't allow anyone to touch her.

It was obvious she calmed down a little but at the same time her arms were crossed over her chest and she wasn't about to be cheerful. "I'd rather not go to that event, but it you insist on going I'll have no choice." apparently the person hosting the party was important. She had a feeling that what he was suggesting, allowing, was no small thing- but at the same time she still felt violated at the mere thought of people being able to see her dressed that way. She wasn't comfortable with it!

When he set his hand on her thigh she leveled him a look but said nothing, shaking her head slightly as if to tell herself to just ignore it. Elle could see at this point that he got some enjoyment out of riling her up, but that was probably the only reason she got away with it. "Well, you did tell me you were so hungry you could eat a cow." she pointed out, "So obviously dinner. I can't have you passing out on me, I'm strong but I don't think I'd like dragging you to the car." now she was teasing him, but he really did say that weird cow remark before so she imagined he really must be starving.

The BMW responded to him pressing his foot down on the gas as he headed to the main home. William pulled up and parked the car out in the front jumping out quickly to head around to the door on her side reaching down and putting two fingers under the handle and pulling it open. He leaned forward in a slight bow with his left hand extended out flatly toward her as an invitation out of the vehicle as his lips curled upward in a slight smile mixed with a smirk. He had clearly pushed the seriousness of the conversation out of his head and was much more interested in enjoying her company and his meal.

Regardless of whether she would take his hand or not he would close the door behind her and stand back to his full height. One of the butlers travelled from the guest house up to the main home with a bag in his hands and handed to William who nodded nicely and then lead Elle up to the mansion. It was a large tan brick home. He did not really make much use of the home as he tended to only live with his chef and butler who kept to themselves and were wealthy enough to have their own homes to house their families. They entered into the spacious main lobby. The lobby was well lit, decorated with all white furniture, a polar bear carpet and a large chandelier. It was obviously a room that wasn't used even though it was home to a 52' LG LCD television. William directed her toward the bathroom before extending his hand that held the bag in it toward her a coy look on his face. "Put on this dress and shoes then meet me through those doors," He pointed toward the door located toward the right corner of the large living room, "I'm going to change clothes then we will have dinner." The Gentleman winked, forced the bags onto her and then proceeded up the large winding staircase to his room. In the bag was a simple, elegant black dress that would fit her snuggly but in a classy fashion and come down to her ankles. A pair of black Christian Louboutin's that she was unaware that he purchased along with a simple string of pearls was also in the bag.

It didn't take him long to change into a navy blue suit and a crisp white shirt, deciding not to put on a tie although he did get the cuff links that he had purchased today and put them on. After giving himself a brief look over in the mirror over his main dresser he headed back down trying to past the bathroom that she was in quietly and heading to the secondary dining room. His cooking staff had prepared a very intimate setting complete with candles lighting the room, the sound of soft jazz coming through the speakers and two dozen long stem red roses acting as a center piece on a medium sized table with only two chairs. The Gentleman moved over to the corner of the room and looked at the champagne that was suggested by his chef. He didn't remember purchasing the body so he hoped that it would suffice. William took determined steps back to the table and stood behind one of the chairs, waiting for Elle.

Elle did take his hand, though it was obvious she wasn't used to be treated like a lady at all. That was her own fault, since she didn't tend to act like one- at least not until she was in a vulnerable situation, such as in a dressing room wearing lingerie. Then she was as awkward as the day was long in situations like that!

His house was stunningly beautiful, though she did wonder if he really got much time to enjoy it. The spacious lobby was larger than her entire apartment! Did he really need all of this room? But yet she couldn't help but be rather impressed all of the same. Except for the polar bear rug- she didn't approve of that! She'd meant it when she said she liked animals, so this in particular was somewhat appalling. Well he WAS a criminal, even if he did know how to turn on the charm!

When he handed her the clothes, she peered at the bag and glanced at him questioningly. He wanted to dress up for dinner? But she nodded in agreement even if she was a little confused by his behavior, choosing not to argue with him since she'd gotten away with enough already. She entered the bathroom and stripped down before she opened the bag- pleasantly surprised by the choice of dress. It suited her well, in line with her own tastes and just enough sexiness that she didn't feel sleazy or uncomfortable in her own skin. The shoes were beautiful as well, black with the signature red sole that looked incredibly striking with her own natural coloring.

When she was finished dressing, she walked through the doors he had indicated and took in their surroundings. He was already there, standing behind a chair. The setting was... Dare she even think it!... Romantic. Candles, music, champagne, and roses. Her heels clicked on the floor as she neared the table, her steps slow as she assessed the situation.

"Do you do this for all of your bodyguards?" she asked with a mildly amused smile. Or was be really that fearful of her anger towards him? She doubted that! But this all was strange, there was no way it was usual for him to take his bodyguards on shopping trips like he had for that matter. Right?

William was stunned by the appearance of Elle and his eyes opened widely in silent admiration. His face then shifted to a seductive glare in response to the smile on her face, clearly she was pleased although it appeared as if she was still fighting it. His head turned a bit and he extended his left arm out and twirled his wrist inviting her in for a hug. "Only ones as beautiful and as dangerous as you." William winked at her so quickly that she might have missed it completely.

Regardless of whether she hugged him or not, he would pull out her seat and extend his hand to her to help into her chair by pushing it forward gently. Next he would move and grab the two glasses and champagne and returning confidently to her side. "I hope you like champagne. I assure you that this is our only obligation for the remainder of the evening so please, feel free to actually enjoy some time with me." The Gentleman smiled a bit at his joke and popped the cork out of the bottle. Almost as if on cue, a member of the kitchen staff came to his side with a warm towel to catch the warm fuzz and he wiped the bottle clean. William leaned the glass to the side and poured her a glass, offered it to her and then poured himself one.

William removed the flowers from the table that they were going to eat dinner at and replaced it with the ornate ice bucket that held the champagne bottle. "The flowers don't compare to your beauty so you'll excuse me if I place them to the side." He sat across from her and sipped his beverage then nodded in approval. His kitchen team was like a well oiled machine because as soon as he sat down two plates containing three oysters on each plate. "Oyster Rockefeller," he picked up the tiny fork that came with them and demonstrated how to get them out incase she was unaware. "They are covered in this amazing cheese sauce, there are bits of bacon inside and some chives," he explained while eating the first one. "Try them, I think you'll enjoy them."

Elle didnt hug him, but no doubt he wasn't surprised about that. He wasn't treating her like an employee so she did feel a little wary of how to react even if she was secretly enjoying it a little bit. Elle didn't want to enjoy it, and she didn't realize how well he seemed to read her and anticipate her responses. He was a dangerous man, more dangerous than she had realized before she accepted this job with the intention of taking him down.

He pulled out her chair and she took a seat, still unused to his manners. Chivalry was dead these days, so it was doubly strange for a criminal to display it so beautifully. Flattery came so naturally from him that she had to remind herself that he didn't mean any of it before it made her giggle like a schoolgirl. She accepted a glass of champagne and took a sip of it to sample it before dinner arrived. It had a very nice flavor, though she didn't know very much about champagne she was sure it was nice because it was quite easy to drink.

Elle had never had oysters before, so she watched him demonstrate before she attempted herself. She wasn't lying about her table manners, either, so she figured she'd have to watch him a lot during nice dinners until she learned. Taking a bite, she chewed thoughtfully and decided she enjoyed the flavors that had been paired together though she wasn't used to how chewy oysters were.

"Well, it's better than pizza." she decided after a moment, deciding to throw him a bone and be honest about it. Not that Elle was the lying type, but being undercover did mean a bit of dishonesty, or a lot of it, was inevitable. "It's good. I never would have chosen to eat these on my own though." oysters just didn't look tasty to her. Fortunately, they were!

William nodded his head a bit pleased to see that she was enjoying her appetizer laughing a bit at her pizza comment. "Are you sure?" He responded jokingly, "I could have them whip you up some pizza if you like." The Gentleman smirked a little before picking out the last two oysters and picking up his glass to take a sip of the sweet nectar. Once she finished, the crew would take up their plates and bring out two fresh garden salads, well really just lettuce. William looked up and smiled toward Elle, "I hope you're enjoying your evening." As he spoke, an group of kitchen workers came out in a line with different ingredients to the salad, cucumbers, tomatoes, ham, bacon, broccoli, mushrooms, fresh fruit and all sorts of salad dressings. He chose strawberries, pineapples, cucumbers, ham, bacon, mushrooms and ranch dressing.

After the staff fixed Elle's salad, the staff took time to cut each of their salads up and then disappeared back into the kitchen. The Gentleman looked down picking up the salad fork. "Remember, when it doubt start from the outside and go in." He took some time to enjoy his salad, taking good healthy bites. "I absolutely love salad." William laughed and shook his head a bit, it probably wasn't something a business man like himself should have been saying but he didn't care. He found himself throughly enjoying his intimate dinner with her but wondered how she felt. He felt that it was improper to ask though so he just continued to eat.

"Hey, pizza has been a staple of my diet for years." Elle laughed, "So don't knock it." surely he understood that not everyone was as well off as he was, that was why he was in this business wasn't it? So he could live in the lap of luxury? Wasn't that why everyone turned to crime- for a better life? "That, and ramen noodles." her own cup boards were full of cup o' noodles. If she hadn't been such a gym rat, she wouldn't have been in the shape that was was.

Elle looked at the ingredients for the salad as presented and chose lemon, cucumber, tomatoes, and broccoli for her salad. She liked salad too, though she wasn't as brave as he was with her choice of ingredients- she didn't make hers sweet like he did, though once he got to know her better he'd see that she actually was very fond of sweets. She picked up the salad fork, following his example- then shook her head and managed to laugh as something occurred to her.

"Please tell me this wasn't an elaborate way for you to teach me table manners. You're really scared I'll embarrass you in public, huh?" she was kidding, mostly, but he probably did consider this an added benefit to the evening. Elle was smart, so it woudn't take long for her to master it. Though she didn't realize it, she wasn't as rough around the edges as she thought! The way she viewed herself and the reality were quite different. If he asked her about her personality, she would have told him that she was cold and violent. The last thing she considered herself was feminine, not even slightly. Yet she enjoyed the dress she wore, enjoyed the setting of the dinner, even enjoyed the conversation with the man she knew she was plotting to betray. He was being nice now, but what about if he discovered her plans?

William chuckled a little as he made his way through his salad. "I'm afraid that I've been a little misleading. I love pizza." He laughed a little and ate some more of his salad then sipped some water from a glass that was on the table. Next he reached into his lap and picked up the napkin that he had placed there earlier out of habit and wiped his mouth a little, "You would be surprised if you looked into my cabinet, tons of junk food." He explained as he went back toward his fork for the salad. "You and me," he started again, "We aren't too different you know," William continued talking and eating taking breaks to chew every now and then, "I had a tough time as a boy, lived in some places that nobody should have to live in." The Gentleman shook his head a little, "That shit hole I came from..education sucked, economics sucked, sense of community sucked. So I said 'fuck it' made my own way." He ate a little more and shook his head some.

William was quiet for a moment obviously zoning out but only briefly as he heard her ask about his elaborate plan to teach her table manners. William laughed rather heartily at this, probably the most she had seen him laugh and he pushed his plate to the side. "Sometimes I think you over estimate me." He nodded a bit, "Damn, that would have been smart. I wish I would have thought of that." The Gentleman crossed his arms a bit and leaned back, waiting for her to finish her salad so the next course could be brought out to them. "What if I told you this was all an elaborate way to teach you that I'm not a jerk and encourage you to be a little nicer to me?" William rested his elbow on the table and leaned forward taking the opportunity to teach her a quick lesson, "Never put your elbows on the table FYI, not until your meal is over."

Elle suppressed the urge to tell him they were nothing alike. That kind of defiant remark would probably clue him in that something was up with her. When he told her he loved pizza, she quirked a brow at him doubtfully since his behavior before had been pretty convincing. He was a good liar, which was a bad thing- something for her to be aware of and worry about. Of course she had her reasons she couldn't let her guard down around him. He might have been friendly now, but she knew what he was capable of. She'd read the news, she'd heard the stories- and she had been ordered by his own lips to break a trusted bodyguard's arm. He'd even threatened to have her raped and suffocated with her own... body parts... if she tried to leave. Elle would never forget that!

"I don't overestimate you, you're alive for a reason." Elle answered as she finished her own salad and put the plate aside. When he told her to never put her elbows on the table, she had a moment of considering doing just that just to annoy him. That thought made her realize how dangerous her behavior was, how lax she was acting. She really would get herself killed! She couldn't let herself be tricked. "I guess I should ask- why do you care what I think of you?" that was certainly a strange thought to consider. "You don't trust me, for one. I'm still new, isn't it better that you scare me into submission?" not that she thought she could be scared into submission... though he certainly intimidated her.

William shook his head a bit as he looked deeply into Elle's eyes and it was clear that she did not understand him at all. His smiled showed a bit of confusion along with a bit of intrigue. His mind trailed off to a movie that had portrayed this very situation well but he couldn't remember the exact quote. "I saw this movie once." William leaned forward a bit to get the bottle and refilled her cup along with his. "The question was posed about power and the way to obtain it." He sat the bottle back in the ice and at the same time, their plates were being taken away from them. "The question was, which is more effective, fear or respect?" Grabbing his glass he inspected it a bit, his cool blue eyes penetrated the liquid as if he was looking for the answer in the glass.

The glass traveled to his lips and he sipped the sweet liquid. "If you beat a dog, it will fear you but once you turn your back on it will attack you with everything it has. However, a dog that you feed, that you take care of, will fight with and for you to the very death. We, my dear, are not that different from dogs in this matter." William paused to let this sink in for a moment, "As long as I provide for and take care of the people around me I believe they will treat me with the same level of respect and loyalty. I take care of people Elle. I've sent kids to college and ensured that elderly people get their medicine. I've saved peoples relationships, gave kids a two parent household. However, we are not dogs so there are the occasional asshole who wants to try me so I have to prove that I am very serious about my business." His little monologue was a very ernest and sincere attempt to open up to her more. "I say that to say, I'm not at all interested in scaring you into submission, if that was the case I would have cut your tongue out hours ago."

The Gentleman laughed a little although she would probably be grossed out by his last statement. The kitchen staff arrived with the main course some lemon and herb salmon cooked to perfection with mashed potatoes and mixed vegetables to match. He cut a piece and tasted it, humming with pleasure then shifting his gaze to her, wondering what her response would be.

"The stories are very different." Elle answered, "I've heard all sorts of horrible things, I'm not sure which ones are true or not and I'm not sure I want to know. But I'm also aware you treat your people well, as long as they're useful to you." she still viewed him as a ruthless criminal, but being a police officer she had no choice but to view him that way. It was only natural, she was a stubbornly righteous type but considering all she'd gone through in the past it only made sense. He knew so little about her, but yet he seemed to think they related somehow. Stubbornly, she refused to see any similarities- even though they most certainly were there.

She grimaced at his tongue-removal remark (though his statement about smothering her with her own her vagina the day earlier had been worse), but she did manage to reply without missing a beat. "But if you did that, I wouldn't be nearly as charming. And this food would be disappointingly bland for me, too." not that she considered herself charming at all, but with the way he acted he must have liked something about her. He was going through an awful lot of time and trouble to get to know her and spend time with her. It was bizarre, she was supposed to be protecting him but so far he'd spent his time taking her around town and buying her things, taking her to dinner, having drinks with her. Was he doing this because he thought by treating her this way, he could control her like the dogs in his analogy?

Even though Elle appeared to scoff at table manners she was still allowing him to lead her by example, the dinner really was great even if she wasn't used to such an elaborate meal. But she didn't seem to have a hard time keeping up with the eating either, though she was a tiny woman she was highly athletic and burned off a lot of calories. She had to eat a lot to stay in shape and have enough energy! It was one of the perks of being as active as she was, since she could eat whatever she wanted without any repercussions. "Of course this is great too." she said, knowing he was wanting her opinion. "It's cooked perfectly." she wondered how he'd managed to get such a good cook staff. Cooks weren't criminals, but he must have paid them pretty well if they didn't fear working for him- or care what he did.

'Ah yes the stories,' he thought to himself while she spoke. The media did like to spin a good tale about webs of violence and corruption but somehow they always happened to forget their own corruption. He ate a little more but her statement about only keeping people around as long as they were useful to him stung him a little bit, she really must have assumed he was a monster. "Wait," he started but had to pause a bit to chew, "What good does making sure an old person gets their medicine do for me? Why do I care if some brat goes to college? I mean sure, I'm no saint and have used people just life anybody else." William licked his full lips and chucked a bit, "Ok, maybe more than some people." His tone changed to a semi-serious one again, "But I'm not any worst than these politicians and police chiefs that utilize my services hell," cursing was not acceptable in this type of atmosphere but the mixture of emotion and champagne cause him not to care, "Those people are supposed to be role models, I didn't tell anyone to look up to me." The Gentleman shrugged a bit, "I own a strip club."

William realized that he had lost a bit of his alluring demeanor as he spoke about the things he did for his community but it was a subject very close to his heart. "Excuse my emotion." William locked eyes with her, his blue hues looking deeply into hers for a rather long moment then he spoke with a lowered voice, "You really are gorgeous...a bit naive maybe but gorgeous non the less" The Gentleman chuckled a little and went back to his meal, wondering to himself what all she would have to say about his last two comments. He didn't blame her for the way that she felt after all, it wasn't like he was going around and passing out thanksgiving dinner on national television. Something was funny about her though, it seemed as if she had been bent of making him the villain, maybe he had killed somebody in her family at one time or something.

The Gentleman finished up his main course and sat the fork on the plate and patted his mouth with the cloth again then looked over at Elle with a patient smile.

"I have nothing to say about that." she answered, noticing his feelings were ... Noticeable, she had really touched a sore spot. "I'll just have to see for myself, draw my own conclusion." she already had a conclusion, and she had a good reason- but it wasn't what he'd done to her family, it was something that had happened to her years ago when she was still in high school. Of course if she told him anything, used this as an example as to why he was scum- then he'd know he couldn't trust her, and something terrible might happen again. Elle might not be lucky enough to survive.

Of course he personally hadn't done it, but she felt the blame lay with him and that was why she in particular had been so willing to jump into this near-suicide mission that s few officers knew about. Those suspected to be corrupt were out of the loop about her existence, and it seemed they'd made good guesses about who to fear because she hadn't had her head blown off yet. Or worse.

"I'm not naive anymore." Elle answered him in a surprisingly calm voice as she finished the last of her glass of champagne. "I was once, you probably would have liked me better then." she smiled somewhat bitterly but did not elaborate. She wouldn't. With dinner finished, she waited for him to excuse her- or for him to say anything, if he would.

He shook his head a bit as the direction of dinner had shifted further to the left than he had wanted. "Forgive me. I did not mean to offend you." The cook staff came and collected their plates leaving the two sitting with nothing to eat for a moment. "I want you to know that you, in the brief time that I've known you, have changed my outlook on something." He paused for a moment and looked her deep in the eyes finding it difficult to not notice her beauty. "I want you to feel like you can be yourself around me. I know I've hired you for a specific reason but I don't want you to look at me like an employer." Unexpectedly, his heart rate rose, this couldn't be nervousness...could it? The Kingpin paused for a rather long and uncomfortable moment. "I believe you could teach me a lot of things and I want to trust you."

The kitchen staff came back through the swinging door and presented them with pound cake with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream on top. Much like they did with the salad, they brought an assortment of topping choices for them to select from. William chose strawberries and some small nuts and was quiet while Elle made her selection. The waitstaff would retire back into the kitchen before he spoke again, "One thing is stopping me from doing that, well two." The Gentleman scratched at his scruffy face before wrapping his fingers lazily around a spoon and breaking into his desert. "Why is it that you've come to me of all people? Why not protect someone worth protecting like a diplomat or some shitty politician or something? Williams distain for politics was clear, "And why is it that you did not require us to work out some sort of monetary agreement?" The Gentleman placed his spoon down and tilted his head to the right slightly, "It strikes me as very, very odd that a young lady who lives in the neighborhood that you live in would accept as dangerous as job as this without the slightest discussion of pay." William licked his lips, his eyes squinting with doubt. "Why?"

He kept surprising her, he really had a knack for that. For someone who claimed he had no trust towards her, he had opened up a lot. Threats aside he had treated her quite well. "I consider you my boss. I have sense enough to be afraid of you, even if I can't seem to stop myself from saying really stupid things. I can't deny that." Elle confessed with a slight toss of her hair, her red locks now resting across her left shoulder.

Dessert came, and she selected chocolate and strawberries to garnish the top. His line of questioning gave her pause as she considers her reply, knowing she would need to word things carefully if she wanted to be safe from harm. "I've already told you that no one took me seriously, I applied with a lot of different employers and never was given a chance. Politicians in particular are just awful when it comes to sexism. Older white men just come from the time where that was considered appropriate and they just aren't with the times. I'll be honest that you were a last resort, but I dont really care as long as I'm treated seriously with respect. I'm a bodyguard, that is it. I won't commit crimes even if you order me to. Or be a whore, as I remind you quite often." With that she did cope a small smile.

"I wasn't worried about the money. The first thing you did was get me out of my shitty apartment, then buy me tons of clothes. You take care of your employees, I know that. I don't think for a minute you'll skimp on my pay. For that matter, I was under the impression that I was not officially hired yet, that you have been testing me. I can worry more about it when it's official. As far as safety is concerned, few people will be stupid enough to mess with me if I work for you. I'm in no more danger than I was before, if anything I'm safer." This was true enough, "before I was a single woman in a bad neighborhood with no allies. Working here I don't look like such an attractive target, do I?"

William's face became slightly stern as he realized that she looked to him as an employer. His mind pondered the meaning of that for a while and why it seemed to effect him so much. After all, she was his employee and hired for her skill but he couldn't help but look at her slightly different. Jaded thoughts would not allow him to admit that it was because she was a extremely attractive woman so he just kept listening intently.

'Last resort', William scoffed internally. It's how he got a lot of his employees, last resorts or personal references. The Gentleman silently questioned why she was so much against crime when she chose to work with a Kingpin, but a mixture of the light effects of the alcohol and her whore comment made him forget. It seemed that this was sort of there thing, making sure everyone knew that she wasn't a whore. "You have a nice smile, you should do it more often," William interjected quickly before she continued speaking about the money. It seemed as if she believed that they had some sort of mutual protection thing going on. "I think you're a very attractive target actually. You're probably the most attractive target I've ever worked with." The Gentleman winked at her and then proceeded to back to his meal.

An older lady from the kitchen staff came through the door with a wine bottle in one arm and two glasses in another. She smiled as she set it on the table and uncorked it then poured the sweet nectar into the glasses, "Dessert Wine," she explained. William then requested some bourbon but thanked her for the wine as he raised his glass and tasted it.

Elle was lying through her teeth to him, but with her real thoughts and feelings mixed in to the deception she seemed convincing enough. "Perhaps I'm still a target, but I'm only a target to people stupid enough to try to kill you." anyone who knew she worked with The Gentleman would think twice crossing her if they thought it might piss her boss off. Probably. There is no cute for stupid after all, but it was fortunate for her that she seemed more than capable of protecting herself. It hadn't always been that way, but she'd never allow herself to be weak and vulnerable again.

The dessert wine was nice, but she chose not to drink much because she had probably said enough already without being more impaired than she already was. "My reasons shouldn't matter. What matters is that I'm here now and im good at what I do. I don't really know what else you want from me. You do seem a lot different than I expected, in fact I find you confusing and contrary." he talked about the good he did when he knew the good was a result of a lot more bad. People had bled and screamed for what he had. Looking at her melting dessert, she wondered who he hurt or exploited to get her this extravagant meal. Such thoughts did not leave her lips, she knew better than that.

William laughed a bit as he worked on his dessert a little more. He was finished with all the serious talk for now and became more interested in the seemingly impaired woman. "No Elle. You missed it." He shook his head slightly and wiped his mouth then placed his napkin on the table, a sign that he was done eating. As if he had pressed a button, the lady from the kitchen brought him the bourbon and took his plate. He sipped the alcohol and then looked at it briefly before setting it down. "I did not mean an attractive target like one good for taking or killing or something. I meant I think that you're attractive and you happen to be a target, or will be a target for some people." He slid back from the table a little and continued to drink his drink.

The Gentleman probably would have not made that statement if he was not under the influence of alcohol however, that did not make the statement any less true. It blew his mind that regardless of the things that he had done for her, she still viewed him as an evil bastard. Perhaps he would have to try harder. William shook his head a little bit and smiled at her some, "Well, I'm not going to hold you any longer." With those words he downed the rest of his bourbon and stood up, pausing for a moment to gather his balance. His left arm rose as he pointed to the flowers, "Those are for you, I'll have them delivered to the guest house if you like." He smiled some before he yawned, "I did enjoy getting to know you a little bit more."

William gave her a slight bow before he left the room and headed up to his master bedroom. He had almost forgot the arrangements that he had made for this evening and changed into some black sweat pants and a black wife beater which allowed his toned arms to be on display. About three minutes later his would make his way back downstairs and unless Elle decided to stop him for some reason, he would head outside and get in the car so his driver could take him to his appointment.

Elle watched him go, confused a little about all that had just happened. She'd run her mouth quite a bit, with no real consequence except that he probably thought she was a moron, and his reasons to trust her were even less than before because she had accidentally let slip her disapproval of criminals, but her feelings were so deeply engrained inside of her that she hadn't been able to stop herself. Perhaps she'd drank too much?

Of course, once she got wind that he was leaving the residence she stopped him. "You don't need a bodyguard where you are going?" she asked him, "Or maybe I scared you away?" she laughed a little when she said that to indicate she was joking. There was no way he feared her, though maybe after she got him in the ring at the gym he'd have reason to! Honestly she wasn't confident of that outcome at all, since she had never seen him in a fight. He had people to do his fighting for him, he could afford them.

Of course she wouldn't stop him if he said he didn't need her, but she felt it was her job- or at least her job to pretend it was her job- to accompany him everywhere. Even unpleasant places like lingerie parties. She did notice he had dressed down considerably, and it was strange how she almost hadn't recognized him dressed this way. "You look like your going to the gym." she decided after a moment, "Practice before we have a match, huh?" another teasing tone. Perhaps she had ended up opening up more than she thought!

Will half expected not to see her on his way back down the stairs but there she was looking as elegant as ever. He stopped as he heard her words, his head tilting slightly as he had momentarily forgot that she was his number one bodyguard which was slightly odd for him. She certainly would not want to travel with him to his designated location because he was going to visit one of his favorite whores, on the other hand he normally did not travel without some kind of protection and the rest of his crew had been sent home for the day because he had expected to spend the evening with her. The Gentleman hummed in thought for a moment, "I..think I'll be okay," his tone was obviously hesitant. "It would probably be...better," his original choice of words was less 'awkward', "If I go ahead and take this trip alone. Besides, Carl will be accompanying me on my trip so I should be alright."

William stood still for a moment, half expecting her to immediately refute everything he was saying and if she did he would have half a mind to listen to her. "I'm not going to the gym," he responded although not knowing if he needed to explain where he was going or not so he stood there awkwardly for a moment but his phone rang which freed him from the moment. His left hand slid into his pocket and he pulled the phone out and answered the call, "Yeah... Mhm... No, no I haven't left yet..I was having dinner. Bitch, don't question me." The Gentleman clearly got angry at this point but turned and headed back up the steps for about 10 minutes before he headed back down the steps quietly, wondering if she would still be waiting on him.

Elle noticed that he didn't seem sure about taking her along, and waited for him to come to a clear decision before she would move. A slight frown touched her lips as she considered his strange behavior and assumed he was up to no good and their conversation before had made him think twice about bringing her along. That made sense, except it would make more sense to fire her and send her away. Or kill her, if he felt her a threat.

He wasn't going to the gym, but since he was dressed like that she felt she could assume it wasn't business. When he answered a call, and referred to the person as a bitch she realized he had been going to see a woman. Possibly a girlfriend, more likely a whore. Elle smiled knowingly and said nothing when he took the call elsewhere, but she stayed put and waited for him to return. He might still need her, and she might insist if he still sounded unsure if he refused her accompaniment again.

"Are you absolutely sure you don't need me?" She asked calmly, "you need to be sure, ill come with you if you aren't. It's my job." Plus she wanted to be the one to bring him to justice, the honor would be hers! Allowing him to put himself at risk to save face was not an option!

He smiled a bit as he noticed her at the bottom of the stairway still. She was definitely persistent that he could not deny, maybe a tad bit bothersome but he appreciated it. William leaned against the bannister, tilted his head to the side and squinted his eyes. The arrangement that William had made for the evening had taken too much of an advantage of his alcohol allowance and would be unavailable for the evening which left him in a terrible predicament. If he was to answer her question, the answer would have been yes. A woman as beautiful and as quick witted as he was exactly what he needed at the moment but, he knew from her constant repetition that it was unavailable to him at this time. Some where deep inside he wanted to push the envelope and test her resolve but he thought it better not to at the current moment.

William traveled slowly down the steps, using his precious time as another chance to admire her and that dress that he had purchased. The Gentleman made his way over to her and raised his right arm to pull at one of the locks in her head. If she wouldn't move, he would place it softly over her face and a smile would play on his face. "Unfortunately, I am about to retire to my room. If you deem it within your job description to protect me there then by all means," his voiced carried a smart ass tone, almost as if he was daring her to join him as he turned and faced the stairs. "Meet me in the Master Bedroom which is at the end of the hall." At this point he was already climbing the stairs, "And do bring some massage oil, that is if you think could be of assistance." William chuckled a bit, "Good night Elle. I'll see you at 8 in the gym, don't be late." The Gentleman was at the top of the stairs by now and looked over his shoulder, waving at her quickly before disappearing into the door at the top of the stairs.

When he reached out to touch her hair, she did not allow herself to move but her eyes followed the movement of his hand until he teased her cheek with a soft lock of her red hair. She said nothing about it, though he did seem to enjoy himself with the motion as he messed with her. She chose not to be provoked, but lightly shook her head when he dropped her hair to get it back into place, which made her hair look a little windswept.

He continued to tease with his open invitation to his bedroom, and her cheeks colored for just a moment before she got a hold of her emotions and forced her expression to go blank, unreadable. Maybe she acted a bit too familiar, but he was certainly far guiltier of that offense. He was guilty of a lot of things. Just because she knew he probably expected, she answered with her customary 'I'm not a whore' in a somewhat exasperated tone, then she turned on her heel and headed back to the guest house so she could get out of the dress and heels and slip into something more comfortable. Elle wore the satin sleep shirt he bought her, but wore a simple pair of cotton shorts under them.

In the morning she woke promptly at sunrise, and then dressed into some work out clothes. She opted for tight black lycra shorts and a form fitting red tank top made of a breathable, moisture wicking material paired with fingerless black work out gloves and red sneakers. Her red hair was pulled into a high ponytail and she headed for the gym early. Everything she was wearing was new, since he still hadn't brought her to go collect her things from her apartment yet. She was early, so she decided to warm up with a quick jog.

Will woke up about an hour and a half before their scheduled meeting time. A rare occurrence had happened that morning, he woke up with an erection. As he rolled over, he cursed Elle in his head for not succumbing to his charms and for not allowing him to meet his appointment. William browsed through his phone a little before turning on some music and heading to the shower. His shower was glass all the way around and had a huge shower head hanging in the middle so that the water fell straight down over top of you. The few women that had the pleasure of accompanying him here said it was one of the sexiest things they had ever seen William however, liked it because it was incredibly efficient and he didn't like to waste time in the shower unless he had company.

He took care of the rest of his hygiene before slipping into black boxer briefs, a black wife beater, black lightweight pants that tie at the waist, and some black nike running shoes. William went down to the kitchen and greeted the staff, chatted with them for a while and ate some fruit. These people were like family to him and he rather enjoyed the time that he spent with them. Soon enough it was approaching eight am and he had a gym appointment to keep with Elle. The Gentleman sent one of the staff members to find her and show her how to get the the gym, which was located down a back stairway.

He would head there almost immediately after that and get some reps done on the bench. William was shockingly strong for not being one of those steroid muscle-head type of men. His gym had just about every machine one could ask for and a boxing sized ring for sparring and William got good use out of it. After a few reps on a machine designated to work on the back muscles, Will hit the treadmill and waiting for his sparring partner for the day.

Back
Top Bottom