Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

All the conventional emblems (F for M/maybe F)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suspires

Planetoid
Hey there! I'm looking for some plot-and-smut stories, exact ratio negotiable.

For folks who worry about that sort of thing, I'm female and play women. I'm generally looking for a male character as partner, but I'm up for the right female pitch. I'm both laid back and picky about my roleplay, so lemme see if I can explain how that works.

Things I think are cool in stories:
  • Strong characters: Nothing wrong with innocents, but I'm currently at capacity, so I'd prefer some seasoning on both sides.
  • Sharp dialog: Goodness knows I'm not Dorothy Parker or James Ellroy, and I don't expect you to be, but words are fun.
  • Action: From gritty/realistic through superpowers or wuxia.
  • Romance: From sweet and slow-developing to dysfunction-fests.
  • Intrigue/politicking: Either as background or foreground. People (our people) having messy problems (sexy messy problems) are usually more interesting when there are NPCs to play off of.
  • Humor: More black humor or irony, less slapstick.
  • Dark themes: Don't worry, it's not because of the terrible unfathomable darkness of my inner soul. I just dig some angst in my stories.
  • Sex stuff: Various flavors.
Note, I don't actually expect to find all of these things in every story (that would be hard, and probably kind of incoherent). Just providing the list to mix and match and hopefully entice similarly-minded people.

Things I'm looking for in a partner:
  • Medium: Threads or PMs are groovy, emails iffy, IMs right out. Turns out they're the first thing to go when work stomps on my schedule. :/
  • Writing level: The "literate" label is weird to me because we're all literate or we wouldn't be using a text-based forum, right? Anyway, if you make some typos or are a non-native English speaker, that's zero problem. But if you don't like to string more than one or two lines together, we aren't going to enjoy roleplaying.
  • Collaboration: I have my best ideas when I can bounce them off my partner. I know some folks hate the OOC talkies and that's cool, but again, probably not a good fit here.
  • A sense of humor: Look, sooner or later I'm going to slip up and make some joke about farts or boners (...mmmmost likely OOC?). I promise I am a Real Serious Roleplayer anyway--I put a lot of effort into my pretendy fun-time games.

Story Ideas
I have time to add one or maybe two roleplays right now. The outlines below are flexible in many respects for the right partner. Listed influences aren't meant to be straightjackets or required reading, just something to riff off of if you know them.

Strange Is the Night
Modern horror/fantasy, where rare sorcerers (or crazy bastards playing with the wrong books and drugs) have access to hidden spirit realms. My character, a powerful spirit, is summoned and bound to the service of your character. He probably views her as a demon or angel, maybe something more complex depending on how he came by the necessary rites. Regardless, she's his for a while, but they have big trouble to deal with. The exact details of that trouble are to be worked out--presumably something prompted him to go to such lengths, and she'll come with baggage of her own. The combined catastrophe will require both their strengths to overcome, and take them through the real world and strange dream vistas. In between, there would be plenty of clashes between his wants and needs, and her power and inhuman outlook.
Themes: Magic, shifting power dynamic, dreams, kinky/skewed romance
Influences: H. P. Lovecraft's Dream Cycle, some Hellblazer, this picture

The Hour of the Wolf
Modern horror/fantasy, where magic coexists in secret with unwitting humanity and is kept that way by strict treaties. Supernaturals of various stripes are classed by whether they tend to be abroad during daylight or night, with each side policing the other. A murder brings together our characters: mine is a night-shift supernatural low on the pecking order after some trouble in her past. Yours could be a day-shift being (not necessarily a "good guy"), a newbie just coming into his powers and not yet aligned, even some poor regular human caught up in the mess. Circumstances involve them in what looks like a grim but dead-end case, which quickly unravels into a conspiracy where both of them have to stick together to survive.
Themes: Clash of worlds, supernatural underworld, conspiracy, redemption
Influences: The Nightwatch/Daywatch books and movies, Hellboy, this random urbex photo

Debts That Can't be Paid in Heaven
Low-ish fantasy, in a decadent court full of backstabbing and infidelity. Some of the aristocrats are sorcerers; some are violent thugs with titles; some are bastions of culture and ethics in a declining empire (not many of those). There's a war on the border, the current sovereign is ailing, and things are getting nasty among the various power players. My character is one of them, and your character is an assassin. She might be his only target, or he might have a list. He might be infiltrating in the guise of another aristocrat, a foreign visitor, or something else. They might become friends, fuckbuddies, frenemies--but by the time he's supposed to kill her, the relationship is nice and messy.
Themes: Lies and betrayal, violence and intrigue, kinky sex and unlikely allies
Influences: A scattering of dark-ish fantasy--Sarah Monette's Doctrine of Labyrinths books, Simon R. Green's Hawk and Fisher series, maybe a dash of Zelazny's Amber chronicles for the (metaphorical) incestuousness of the court, this picture

That's all for now, more as I get 'em. Drop me a PM if you're interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom