Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Are you dominant or submissive?

Are you dominant or submissive?

• Total voters

nladisha

Supernova
I'm curious as to see what sort of characters you like to portray: hardcore dominant, soft dominant, soft submissive, or hardcore submissive. If you choose to leave a comment in addition to your vote, please say your prefered gender

hardcore dominant - stereotypical dominant: you like to cause pain, humiliation, and have total control. You may have kinks relating to BDSM. You're a sadist. You like to dominate. Your characters are usually brutes, dominatrixes, monsters, or have roles like hardened criminals, perverts, conquerors, and slave-owners

soft dominant - you're cool, confident, and assertive. You know what you want, and how to get it. You are a master seducer. No one can resist your charms - your partners accept your advances and reciprocate with thier own. You're very romantic and seductive. Your characters are attractive, bold, and suave, and have roles like cougars, MILFs, square-jawed men, tough guys, gentleman, best friends, and seducers.

soft submissive - you're a hopeless romantic. You like to be seduced, rather than to seduce. You love the attention of a more experienced, confident lover. You cooperate because you want sex too, but are too unconfident or unsure yourself; adn you just need a nudge in the right direction. Your characters may or may not have much experience, but are hopeless romantics. They are easy targets for the soft dominant types

hardcore submissive - you like to be dominated. Your characters either get sexual pleasure from physical or sexual domination; or have roles that make them easy targets to get dominated. Perhaps they're normally a not a submissive character, who is caught in a compromising situation, and forced into submission through violence and humiliation. Or perhaps you're just so naive and innocent, you're easy prey for hardcore dominant types. Your characters include pets, slaves, victims of kidnapping, rape victims, damsels in distress, or submissives in a BDSM relationship

Honestly, a mix between the soft and hardcore submissive. While I prefer to RP as the soft submissive overall (in accordance to your definition), I do like to sometimes throw in the BDSM aspect and even aspects of varying levels of masochism, though they aren't necessary (depends on my writing partner). However, I do stay quite clear of the whole rape, victim, 'damsel in distress' dealy. Kidnapping is fine, so long as it doesn't turn into a non-con scenario.

And I most definitely do NOT like RPing opposite what you've defined as the hardcore dominant. Not a fan of the 'asshole Dom', if you will. Though, I don't mind RPing against a more hardcore dom so long as it falls in line with the things I mentioned in my previous paragraph. Also, I pretty much only exclusively RP females (being female myself, it's just easier to identify and thus write). But I'll throw in side characters that are male here and there. But they usually are just fillers to add depth to the overall story.

I prefer a mix of hardcore and softcore dominant male characters with a random dominant female character to change the pace a bit.

I don't ever play submissive characters unless they are filler characters and even then, they are never very submissive. I'll have my characters switch depending on whom I'm playing with but they aren't the type to roll over and give in.

I'd have to say my characters are usually somewhere between hardcore Dom and soft Dom. They're usually straight or bisexual males but I don't mind playing females either my female characters are usually gay or bisexual and they're Dom or switch depending on my partner(s). All in all I do prefer to play Dominate male characters.

I prefer to play male char between soft and hard dom. While I am pulled by the pain/sadist part, it is the seducing/enticing theme that reonates strongest in my writing. Drawing my victim deeper and deeper into my characters dark web.

Roles depend entirely on the partner. Obviously if it's a pre-discussed roleplay then the roles are set out, but in order to fulfill the needs of your partner, each person has to be aware of that what their partners wants and needs are. Regardless of who plays what, communication is key.

We've all seen the submissives who lie there and writhe with minimal effort to please their dom, and the doms that are entirely self-centered and inconsiderate. There should be a fair balance and exchange of pleasure, regardless of hardcore or soft.

I'm personally a switch. The only times I enjoy being submissive is if the dom can legitimately overpower me and take control. No wussing out or going limp. If you can't handle me when I put up a struggle, you aren't going to enjoy me the rest of the time. My ideal dom needs to be assertive and commanding.

Similarly, as a dom, I enjoy overpowering someone who is stronger or bigger than myself. There's a real sense of power it gives you when you can restrain someone who would otherwise be the commanding figure.

On that topic, I am most fond of female doms and male subs. On occasion a male dom can be fun. Female subs don't entirely do it for me.

I just find taking control (through bondage or teasing, or both) can be a thrilling experience. It's fun to mix it up once in a while.

I like to think of myself as a hardcore dominant, I enjoy the BDSM lifestyle and I love the relationship between mistress and slave.
I am not extremely strict, cruel or mean, but I do enjoy causing pain so I can sooth and settle the submissive down afterwards. It's hard to explain.

Though I have been know to take submissive roles with some people, I prefer to remain dominant with everyone else.

I'm more of a sub but I can, with the right incentive and such, easily be a switch. It all depends on my muse really. But I can never do dom; last time I attempted this, I failed ... miserably.

Would say both soft dom and soft sub. I like to tie up guys and "have my way" with them. At the same time, I also love when guys hold my hands behind my back and hook-up with me.

Hrm....thinking about it honestly my characters will be a mixture of the four. Though what I favor usually is Soft Dom and Hardcore Sub. But I have a wide range of characters so I can go from either 'That Dick Dom/Domme' to 'Near Stockholm Syndrome Love Sub'.

I am a switch so I have characters and personas in my rl that can take on aspects of all 4, however I most often write the soft dominant as my primary main character. Its been a little while since I've written a submissive. There are times I miss it, but the cards just haven't fallen in place to play one of late.

I can't say what my characters will be like, seeing that I'm new and haven't gotten an RP started, but I would like them to be hardcore submissive

I think you need another option - "both".

I signed up to play Sub Male characters, but as many women are more interested in being submissive I have played many dominant roles, I like to write and RP so it is all good.

So for me it is both.

I am a mix of both. I cannot really explain, but there is no option on the poll that truly befits my position. Some days I am slightly more submissive, others I am slightly more dominant. It depends entirely on my emotional state and what masquerade I'm parading about, if any.

I am neutral. Not one, nor the other, but not an exclusion of either, if that makes any sense.

Evolving...fluctuating...not sure. See evidence for submissive role and dominant role. More likely I'm a switch and go back and forth.

Back
Top Bottom