Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Snowmageddon and complaints about snow removal

psych80

The Mindful Cook
Supporter
In the midst of being snowed in for the second week straight the local paper ran an article where the head of the street department for our town gave excuse after excuse for why the streets still look like shit. The city right next door has managed to keep their streets looking pristine through all of this and the very moment you pass into our city it's like driving off road.

I happen to know for a fact that our street department dwarfs that of the neighboring city yet is 1/16th as effective.

Since all of the snow started falling they have plowed our street once and it was just a quick drive through and they were gone. The snow has been so bad that often my wife and I have struggled to get to work/class. In the article, the head of the street department said that side streets were low priority and that they would only focus on main roads. This is humorous at best since the main roads DON'T LOOK ANY BETTER THAN MY STREET!

I live on the border between the two towns and every day/night the street trucks for the neighboring town line up in front of my house to prepare plowing down the main drag. It's like clockwork really, yet I have only seen ONE of our street trucks and it was that lonely truck that made a single pass up our street last week.

The streets in our town are such a joke that the police have stopped taking accident reports. They will only come to you if there has been an injury.

ugh

In my frustration I spent most of the morning shoveling, by hand, the street I live on. I managed to shovel all of the loose snow that hasn't been compacted into ice. My progress has taken me up the street by about two houses and the improvements in driving conditions in this strip are incredible. I am currently exhausted but I plan on napping, eating, then heading back out to continue doing why my local city government has failed to do.

Having gotten this off my chest I feel a bit better.

Back
Top Bottom