Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Knight And The Sorceress (Lady Leah & HeartOfTheDarkness)

HeartOfTheDarkness

Promise Nothing, Deliver Less
The kingdom was in fear. An evil sorceress has been ravaging the land with her dark powers, terrorizing citizens. Merchants feared traveling the roads, supplies couldn't get in or out of the kingdom. The king has sent for his loyal knights to either capture or kill this witch, but none have succeeded.

Not until his loyal knight, Trevor charged in wearing his shining armor. He cut through the beasts that roamed the forest near the witch's fortress and got past her traps. Climbing the tower where she waited, he was anticipating his attack. He will make her pay for the terror she caused. A few people have died because of her, innocent people. Her crimes will be met with death by his blade.

As he barged into her room, he called out to her. "Prepare yourself, witch. I have come to end your life today."

She sat quietly in the shadows of her tower, the room lit only by a single candle. It was as if she was waiting for him, and in many ways she was. Her features were hard to discern, flowing black silk robes hid much. At her side was a wide shallow silver bowl, filled with water, she looked down at what appeared to be images reflected upon the surface and then turned her gaze back to the interloper. With one hand she brushed the surface of the bowl, sending small waves of water lapping over the edges and wiping away the images.

"If I am prepared, do you think you could still end my life silly boy?" A small cruel smile darted across her lips, and she spoke again. "You must have some ability to have come this far, but I dare say you hide it well. Did you seriously shine that armor before you came? Are you a fool?"

Her eyes narrowed as her gaze intensified, as if she was trying to see into his soul, and perhaps she was. "It is too late anyways, those who sent you are dead, all dead. The bowl has shown me."

Back
Top Bottom