Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Eartia: A New World - OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edynol

Super-Earth
Welcome to Eartia! This is a futuristic sci-fi rp based on humans inhabiting a new world. This RP will be focused around us entering a new world and colonizing it while exploring the strange new wonders it offers. This rp, while in the sci-fi genre, will be more realistic than fiction. But don't worry, we will encounter a lot of cool and amazing stuff that our scientists would think impossible and learn just how limited our knowledge of the universe really is.

In the year 4110, Earth had received a report of a rogue planet entering our solar system. The presence of the monstrous planet, which was a little larger than Jupiter, spelled imminent doom for Earth as eventually it's gravitational effects would knock all the planets out of their orbits, making them either fly into the sun or knock them away from it, causing them to freeze, that is if it didn't crash into them head on. Either way, Earth would no longer be able to support life very long.

So the world's greatest minds started working on a ship, a large spacecraft powered by Solar Sails and regenerative life supporting technology capable of holding around 80 people. The sent 20 of the world's greatest minds and their families, totaling 56, to begin the journey to the closest habitable planet they knew of, the world of Eartia-E701C, so that our race may live on.

This RP will take place about 2,500 years into the future. Our characters will be the descendants of those who left earth on a spacecraft a few hundred years prior, so we will never had been on earth and thus be different from regular humans. We are more susceptible to colder temperatures, can breath in a variety of similar atmosphere, such as oxygen rich or carbon rich atmospheres etc. The main thing is that we can adapt more easily to alien conditions, with in limits. The planet would have to be similar to earth. That is how we are able to survive on this new planet with out dying the minute we step off the spacecraft. lol.

TutorialPlanet.jpg

Here is what we know about the new planet, which is named Eartia-E701C(Or just Eartia for short).
1. It's what is called a super-earth, roughly 4.5 times the mass of earth and about 2.3 times as large.
2. It's gravity is approximately 1.3 times denser than earths, meaning things will weight slightly more there and we'll have some trouble walking at first.
3. The planet is farther away from its sun, which is about the same size as ours, but the atmosphere is 2.7 times more dense than earth's so we won't freeze to death.
4. Surface temperatures range from, on average, -42 degrees F in the winter to 76 degrees F in the summer.
5. The Land to water ratio is about the same as Earth's, 2.7-7.3(earth is 3-7), so there is a lot of water.
6. Sodium levels of the lower troposphere are 22% lower than Earth's so it is believed the oceans won't have as much salt as Earth's.
7. Its days are 38 hours and its year is 422 days.

The planet is a lot like earth, just a few minor differences, like the temperature being colder, the air being different, but not all together alien to us. Like with cigarette smoke or tear gas, once you spend enough time in it, you can breath without coughing. It'll be less than that here, though, it's a Nitrogen rich atmosphere, but Oxygen and carbon levels are a wee bit higher, but nothing fatal. The main thing is that it's going to be different for us, especially since we have never been on a planet before and artificial gravity would only prepare us so much for the real thing. So a little coughing and wheezing and people falling down like toddlers learning to walk are mainly what we'll be faced with at first.

Nanites in our bodies will help though, making us adapt quicker so it only takes like a day or so instead of weeks, mainly with walking and temperatures though, breathing will be pretty easy for us since living on a ship our whole lives will give us a tolerance of higher carbon levels, the main thing affecting our breathing will be atmospheric pressure and gravity. But like I said, it won't last all that long, we can't very well survive if we're struggling just to stay on our feet.

Other than those few things, not much else is known. Is there life? If so, what kind of life? Will we be able to prosper and make a new name for humanity? Or is history doomed to repeat itself while we make the same mistakes our ancestors did? Other than that, this RP has no solid plot as of yet. I am leaving it that way as I want to try something new. Everyone has an equal say in what happens, everyone will help shape the future. I will not be doing much GMing aside from making sure people follow the rules and such and maybe a surprise here and there if things start to get stale.

Rules:
1. No god-modding, power playing, etc. without permission. (Note: As GM I reserve the right to god-mod to progress the story or to spice things up a bit, but it won't happen often, if at all.)
2. Only humans are allowed at this point. I might introduce new beings in the future and if/when that happens, you may make one of those if you want.
3. No one liners please. Not asking for a full paragraph or more each post, trust me, I do not care for needles fluff for long post lengths, but at least put some detail in it.
4. Be respectful and friendly to everyone both IC and OOC. If you want to have a rivalry with someone, please get their permission. If you have a problem with someone, please PM me about it.
5. GM's word is law. I won't be doing much directing, as I want everyone to have an equal say in what happens in this RP for the most part. But if I say something is gonna be this way or that, that's how it's going to be. Just know I don't normally do that unless conflict arises in the rp.
6. Have fun and let your imaginations go wild!

Everyone is welcome to join, but if any science geeks are out there, consider yourself wanted. lol. (Disclaimer: I love science and astronomy, but some the technical stuff I have here I got from Google and other websites like NASA and other similar site. So if there are any discrepancies, I apologize.)

Occupations
Electrician
Engineer
Cook
Medical Doctor
Radio Tech
Astronomer
Soldier(someone who can use guns and stuff)
Ground Captain(Someone in charge on the ground)
Meteorologist
Agriculture & Farming(Lead spot taken but accepting assistants)
(If you can think of more, please tell me. ;) )

Character Sheet
Player: Your BM handle.
Name: Character name.
Age: How long has passed since you popped from betwixt your mother's thighs.
Description: What you look like.
Personality: What you are like.

Bio: Just a short description is fine if you want.

Character thread is here: http://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=42376
IC thread is here: http://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=42500

Good idea! Never thought of that. Sure. Forgive me if it's an incomplete list. Feel free to add some if you want as well.

Okay I got a small list up. Sorry if it's missing anything.

That's what my guy does. Finding and testing things to make sure they are safe for consumption, which things are poisonous or toxic, which are medicinal, etc.

I added it anyways. In case someone wants to be like an assistant or something.

well I was going to put in for Cook but that assistant job might be something to add to her listing... I mean she can't cook all the time. And well, would they have had animals with them on the original ship or should we assume they had a mainly vegan diet?

Well, mainly vegan, but they did....recycle a lot. If ya catch my drift.

Well, we can share in things things like that too. I mean, being an exobiologist it would probably be better if we cooked to make sure all the harmful bacteria and stuff is gone. So we can both share in that if ya like.

Awesome. I posted a link to the character thread at the bottom of the first post. :)

That sounds much better. I think I will put in for the assistant then. I'm quite new to this type of rp but it sounds really good. I like learning and doing research for a story. :)

Yes. There is also the ground captain, who's the leader of the soldiers and in charge of keeping everyone safe if anyone wants that spot. If not I can make another character.

Oh yeah, and my character is kinda tall. When I made him I was thinking about living in low gravity, which would make people taller. I was gonna add in that everyone should be taller than average, but didn't like the idea of forcing people to make their characters a certain way. So yeah, yall can ignore that bit of logic if yall want shorter characters. lol. Or pretend they have short genes. XD

My characters are always short because I envy the shorter....... >.< Being 5'7" will do that to you. haha!

Also, a heads up..... I'm going to be leaving to head out of town in just a couple hours and won't be back until late Monday night. So, I just wanted to let everyone know that ahead of time. So, I'm glad I at least go my characters' profiles up and all that before doing so. >.<

No problem. And you're welcome. I think this will be a lot of fun... looks like we have a good group of people interested here. woot! Now I'm all kinds of back and forth and peeking between packing up the car and what not. haha! XD

Heheheh. I started working on an the IC intro already. Should I wait til you get back before posting it?

lol. That's up to you as I don't want to hold people back if everyone is eager to start. Just I won't be able to post until I get back. So there won't be any posts from me until Monday night (depending on the time I get back and such)/Tuesday morning/day/whenever, lol. XD

Okay. I have no problem waiting. Maybe I'll post it tomorrow or Sunday, unless others want to start today. All up to yall. lol.

I have no issues waiting and making my character taller I was thinking an even six but wasn't sure. Is there any back story character stuff we need to work out. Like so and so hates so and so, etc. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom