Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Foxglove Valley

RE: The Foxglove Valley [Isabelle x CitizenAnon]

Ellie blushed slightly at his compliment. Had he called her cutie? Stirring around her meal, she looked down to it. Surely he meant it like a term of endearment for a child. With her mind made up, Ellie continued on her breakfast before rushing off to start on her chores.

All the excitement of today made her hands work a little faster, and her feet carry her a little quicker. Soon enough her chores were complete! And it was only 10 o'clock! Ellie pulled off her sweater and hung it inside by the door. Since her chores were not the most labour intensive, her cloths remained clean. She dusted herself off, and made sure to fix her hair nicely for when they went into town. She wanted to make the right impression after all!

10:15 am, and Jason was still at work. Humming to herself, Ellie went on a small adventure.

Soon it was just after eleven when Ellie made her return to the farm. The rusty red roof of the cottage and white bricks made her feel ever so welcomed. But more so than that was when Jason came into view. She smiled, running towards him with a sweet giggle in the air, "Here I am Jason!!"
Her small arms held onto a large bundle of wild flowers she picked from near by meadows. Her smile widened, "Look at all the flowers I picked! I should be able to give one to everyone in the village! No?" Excitedly she ran to the pond. One hand swooped down and took the handle of a bucket to dip it into the cool water. Once it was filled to the brim, Ellie carefully placed her flowers into it. With much effort, Ellie lifted the bucket, and began to walk to the house. Her body was sent bending over to the left as she carried it to even out the weight. The entire time she moved her skirt would ripple and bounce, exposing the garters and her smooth skin.

Soon enough she joined him by his side,
"I do not mean to pry Jason, but what is my allowance this afternoon? I do not want to burden you with an expensive price.."

At the sound of his name and her voice, he turned and watched as she made her way towards him, flowers and all. He smiled at her exuberance, but did not say much as she went about filling the bucket with water and her precious cargo. As she approached, his eyes were drawn to the skirt she was wearing and the occasional teasing glance at her garters. He smiled and plucked a white flower from her bucket and dried it carefully between his fingers. He looked it over carefully as he did so.

"I'm pretty sure you have enough there for everyone with a few extra." Jason agreed before brushing her hair away from her face and setting the flower among the curls. "There we go..."

Jason started walking towards the village as Ellie posed her question to him. He gave it a moment of thought as he crossed before the barn. "I do believe that three-thousand gold will cover everything we need to do today." Jason said, drawing on his shopping experiences in the town. "If more is needed, we will discuss that then."

The road to town was an easy walk that would take them no time to make. The cafe would be somewhat busy at this hour, but they would have no trouble finding a place to sit. Jason was already looking forward to it.

With the animals fed, brushed, and loved on, and her bucket of flowers cooling by the door step, Ellie left behind the farm, and followed along side her psuedo-caretaker. The flower stayed in her rolling curls perfectly as the two walked down the path. Her skirt brushing against the skin of her thighs.

Ellie nodded, almost to signify accordance, "That is very magnanimous of you Mr. Allen, I will see to it that we spend just underneath that ammount!"

With a little chuckle, and a bright smile, the two continued onward. Ellie would occasionally have to take several more steps to keep up with him! Until finally her little hand came and lightly pinched onto the hem of his shirt. She blushed a tad at their closeness...

Jason felt the tug at his shirt and looked down at the source before following it back to its owner. Ellie was a half a step behind him, possibly more. He slowed down to a stop in the middle of the road. So far as he could tell, they were alone with only nature as their company. He could not even make out the sounds of his own farm at this point. The quiet was nice and they had some time to relax.

"Perhaps I can offer something better than my shirt to hold on to." Jason half joked as he offered her his arm. He would have to remember to keep a slightly slower pace so that he did not end up dragging the poor girl around, but he would enjoy the closeness of it. A small smile dawned on his lips as he waited for her to accept his invitation.

Ellie nearly walked into him as he stopped. Why did he stop? Looking up with her big eyes, she listened very carefully. Instantly she felt shy at his question... To hold onto his arm. He was offering so much to her! And she felt so greatful! So his little ward shook her head and smiled, "No, no, its fine! I will walk faster."

She stepped around him, letting go of his shirt. Ellie continued down the path, mentioning slightly, "If it isn't too much trouble, I would much like the offer to be open for this evening, at the festival..."

Jason chuckled, "If you insist and I do believe the offer will still be available to you for the trip back tonight and for the festival tomorrow." His longer legs quickly closed the gap between the two of them and he made a conscious choice to match her pace a bit better as he thought of the last time the two of them shared this particular road.

Damn snakes.

The village was quaint, but still attached to the modern world as well as a farming village could be. People were milling about, going about their daily lives, and just living as they had for the last few years. Jason smiled and waved at a few villagers he knew well and directed Ellie down the street towards the cafe. As the dirt road turned to cobble, he moved a bit closer to the young woman.

"What do you think of the village?" He asked, "The last time we were here, I don't believe you really had a chance to get a look around and take it all in." Of course, he had been running through said village at the time with her suffering from the effects of a snake bite. "Not a bad place to live."

There was something welcoming in those red cobble stones that lead up to the quaint village. The streets were lined with shallow flower beds and trimmed short hedges, keeping the tall trees and other flora growing in their respected lots. Of course there were breaks in these rows as people had property. Sometimes it would be cut off by a gate and a more slender cobble stone path, other times it was left open! It depended on the type of establishment. Pretty houses with fine roofs popped up here and there in between buildings meant for business. It was a very cute town to say the least! Busy bees bumbled about, pollenating fruit trees that grew in yards and the flowers that the town planted. Spring was one of her most favourite times of the year. Ellie's hand brushed against Jason's for a moment before he asked a question.

Ellie turned her face up to him, breaking out of her trance like state,
"Hm? Oh! It is very lovely. I really like the style of buildings, it looks like a picture book!"
She giggled a bit at his comment referring to the snake bite. She shook her head,
"Well, today is a much better day to explore any how!"

The two turned up a side street, then took the next left. Finally they came to a pink building with a white roof. It had large glass windows to see into the shop easier. It was the café! Ellie was practically enchanted with the place. "Oh my! Is this the café? I've only seen things like this in magazines!"

Jason had shared the same amazed feelings that Ellie was now experience when he first saw the town years ago. He had fallen in love with the quaint village and that was much of the reason why he had stuck everything out and continued to farm. He had spent many evenings in the town, more exploring than in the bar and he was familiar with the majority of the village. From the small pond hidden behind the church to the goddess lake at the base of the mountain in the forest, he had seen it.

"Yes, this is cafe." Jason agreed and opened the door for her. A small brass bell rang above the door as it swung forward. Almost at once the smell of fresh baked goods and other delicious aromas assaulted their sense.

The proprietor of the cafe, a middle aged woman stood behind the glass counter and looked up as the door opened. The woman was of average height with light brown hair pulled into a bun. Her face had laugh lines in all the appropriate places and honey covered eyes seemed to take everything in.

"Good afternoon, Jason." She greeted as she accepted payment from a customer and sent them on their way, "Come on in and have a seat." The woman seemed to pause for a moment as she took in Ellie standing next to Jason, "Your young friend too. I'll be around to your table in a moment."

"Thank you, Mrs. Robinson." Jason called and led Ellie to a small table near the window that looked out onto the main street.

Ellie nodded to the woman, offering a small smile, "Good afternoon madame," Ellie's cheeks were rosey from her usual bashfulness around strangers. She followed behind Jason obediently, looking to him with her large eyes. Soon enough he stopped at a rather cute table. It was made of a dark wood, covered by a fine white cloth. On top of it were a setting for two, two complete pairs of saucer and teacup, and fresh cut flowers in a slender vase. Ellie's face lit up! So pretty <3

Pulling out one of the fine wooden chairs, Ellie seated herself. Quietly she scooted towards the table. Such manners she had, sitting with her back straight, hands primly laid on her lap, and a sweet smile decorating her face.

"So Jason, what do you like most off of the menu here? I've never heard you talk about this place, well, not as much as the inn.."

Jason sat at the table and lightly drummed his fingers over the cloth covered hard wood. He looked out the window for a moment.

"They have the best pie in the town and the sandwiches are pretty good as well." Jason explained a bit as another couple of people entered the cafe. He looked away from the new people and thought back to the large collection of flowers that Ellie brought home from the fields. "Are you really going to give all the villagers you meet tomorrow flowers?"

Mrs. Robinson appeared and set two glasses of ice water down on the table before flipping open her notebook. The older matron turned to Ellie first, "Welcome to my cafe, young lady. I'm Jessica Robinson, owner of this little cafe. Can I get you a drink? Maybe some fresh lemonade?"

Ellie looked down to her hands, shifting slightly. Her arms pressing her breasts together behind that thin white blouse. How was it possible the buttons did not just pop off? Closer to the summer season she would definitely start wearing more tank tops and bikinis to work in, like those female blacksmiths, leaving little to the imagination. She felt a bit embarrassed having him ask questions in such a new environment... Was it okay to be seen alone with him? She had been living with him for a few days on the farm, so what difference did the location make anyway? A little conflicted, her leg shook just a bit, before it stalled itself.

"Um... w-well, yes... I mean, where I come from it is customary. And it is the flower festival, wouldn't people exchange some?"
She gave a small smile to Jason before the woman approached. Ellie gave a sweet smile,
"I am not all that certain. May I please have a menu when you have a moment? That will help me decide if I'd like a hot or cold beverage!"
And like that, her cheery nature was switched on like a lightbulb!

"Oh! Of course. How silly of me." Mrs. Robinson said before fetching a menu and pressing it into Ellie's waiting hands. "Have a look and just flag me down when you're ready to order. Or have Jason do it." The woman switched her attention to Jason, "You'll have your normal drink and lunch?"

Jason nodded with a smile his eyes had lingered briefly on Ellie's form. A fact that had not been missed by the sharp eyed Mrs. Robinson. "Yes, thank you. We'll get your attention when she's ready to order."

While Ellie glanced over the menu, Mrs. Robinson shot Jason a chastising look, but said nothing and left.

When Mrs. Robinson had disappeared to greet the new customers, Jason answered Ellie. "Yes, people do exchange flowers, but typically only with their sweethearts, elders, or close friends. I think it started off with everyone gifting to everyone, but as time changed, people got lazy and focused mainly on the people they were friendly with or wanted to get friendly with."

Ellie hadn't noticed either of the looks, as she was rather transfixed by the decadent cursive script which listed the many foods and drinks Mrs. Robinson had at her establishment. She felt her mouth fill with saliva as she read through the lists. Oh! So many delicious sounding things! Roasted beef sandwhich with hot au jus to dip, leafy green salad with warm chevre and seasonal berries, chicken pot pie with a golden flaky crust! She bit her bottom lip, pulling on it just slight. It glistened in the afternoon light, and looked all the more plump. What to choose what to choose! Before her stomach could grumble, Jason distracted her,

"I-I want to get friendly with everyone!" She beamed up at him, almost giggling to themselves. She could be so childish at times... Looking back down she tilted her head,
"Hmm... I think I might get their tea time special. It comes with a tester of three small sandwiches and three pastries. Maybe some peppermint tea too~ <3"
Boy did that girl love her peppermint tea! They were nearly out of it at home she drank so much of it. Perhaps he aught to start an herb garden for his little chef?
Ellie looked to him,
"What will you be getting, Jason?"

"Me?" Jason asked, "Lemonade and a roast beef sandwich on their homebaked bread." He explained, "I'm sure everyone will love you at the festival tomorrow. It's really a friendly town for the most part." He smiled at her exuberance, "You'll fit right in, I'm sure."

"Peppermint tea and a special?" Jason asked, thinking about the quantity of the food versus the usual appetite of Ellie. Could she do it? Perhaps... perhaps. "Sounds like a good lunch."

Jason called Mrs. Robinson over and placed their order. "Anything you want to see in town today aside from the stores? There's not a whole lot of excitement here, but there's plenty to see and experience."

Was it really too much for her little self to eat? Perhaps it was too pricey? Ellie frowned softly at the questioning in his voice. Her hand rubbed her knuckles nervously. Ellie then forced a smile,
"I'll trade you a bite for a bite! And a sip for a sip!"
She giggled a bit, before sitting back into her chair and looking out the window. There were plenty of flowers growing in the baskets outside, she noted, as she watched people walk by. It was refreshing to get out, away from the farm! Ellie looked over to Jason and gave a genuine smile,
"Thank you for your confidence in me Jason. As for what to do with the rest of the day, I don't know! It might take me a while to tailor something for tomorrow though, and I've still got to make dinner."

Jason chuckled, "Sure, I'm happy to share. Best to try a little bit of everything to see what you like in the end.

"It's not hard to have confidence in you. After all, you've done really well on the farm and have risen to every occasion." Jason looked out the window at a few people walking down the street. They were laughing at something or another and continued past the cafe without actually coming in.

The lemonade and tea arrived quickly. Jason sipped his drink before offering it to Ellie. It was a good blend of tart and sweet. Really one of his favorite reasons for stopping by. "Here, try a drink. It'll be a bit of a contrast to your peppermint tea."

Her cheeks turned pink as he mentioned her list of accomplishments. Shyly she looked to her lap, her knees trembling nervously. Innocently enough her hand came up and tucked a lock of her hair behind her ear. Why did he have to speak so highly of her? She hadn't done that much... But my, he was quite the man. So forgiving! Despite her theft, and disruption on his farm, with her snake bite and all. Even now! Taking the day off of work, so she can prep for the festival. Ellie's cheek lightened. The fabric of her skirt suddenly fell, cascading down her thighs in a simple motion as she moved closer to him. Her forearms pressed lightly against the table as she leaned in. Her stubborn curls falling against her face. Ellie looked down to the straw as he held out the drink. What a pleasant look she had on her face! Sweet pink lips parted just slightly to make way for the straw. Her cheeks fluctuated lightly as she took a sip.

"MM!"
She cooed, stealing one sip too long. It was sweet! And so tart! But all refreshing! She hoped they could make such good lemonade during the summer. Did he have fruit trees? She has seen some flowering trees near the property. Releasing the straw with a pleasant smack of her lips, Ellie sat back in her chair, like a prim little doll.
"Its so delicious! Tell me, Jason, do you have any fruit trees at all? I want to make some during the summer!"

Jason nodded as she settled back into her chair. He set his drink down on the table and shot her a smile, "I'm glad you like it. It's my favorite drink that they serve here.

"I do have a couple fruit trees. One apple and a pear tree." He explained, "Nothing for lemonade, but I do believe that you can trade any apples or pears for lemons as needed for lemonade. Typically people are happy to trade here." As he spoke, Jason reached forward and tucked the errant curls away from her face, his rough fingertips brushed against her cheek as he did so. "There, that's better.

"Tell me, Ellie. You've got quite a few designs on my little farm don't you? What do you think we can do to improve it? I've had a good plan for growth and development, but you seem to have a good idea of the crops and animals for it."

Ellie looked onto his face. His eyes were gentle, like the night he had took pity on her, but softer with something other than guilt... Was it admiration...? No... His lips crooked in a small smile. The small nagging feeling at the back of her mind questioned his expression and actions towards her, but Ellie quickly dismissed them, taking it as something a family member might show for another. She smiled sweetly until his fingers brushed against her instantly blushing cheek. His questions, why did he ask so many questions?! Her fingers fumbled with one another as she adverted his eye contact,

"Well, I... I have a few ideas, but it is easier to explain them if I showed you my sketches... I mean, they aren't the best ideas... Just some flower beds and herb garden, maybe try to introduce a green house, but then again, I don't know what sells well here, and, if you have any plans of your own, but... a strawberry patch would be nice..."
She looked to him with a small smile,
"And maybe some more animals? A full barn makes for a happy farm!"

Jason nodded along with her suggestions. None of them were bad and could probably be set up without too much of a problem. The only real issue he could see was that the animals would certainly try to get to the herbs when they were planted, but there was enough lumber and material around to build a fence to keep the little buggers out. Now, what was he going to do with Ellie? His feelings for her were growing beyond just a nice benefactor helping someone who was in a bad way. Judging by the looks he had caught her sneaking at him, her own feelings were changing as his were. Had anyone asked, he would say that the idea of it had certainly crossed his mind a time or two. The girl was a tease and quite beautiful.

"I think all of those ideas are pretty good. We can go over some plans and drawings for them and decide which ones would work best on the farm. I do agree that more animals are needed. I'm barely getting enough milk to cover the farm needs. Let alone enough to turn a profit. Another dairy cow or two would bring in money as well as sheep." Jason looked at her carefully for a moment, "You know, improving the farm and getting two people's worth is nothing more than shooting myself in the foot when you leave to open up your own shop here in town. Would you be willing to stay on at the farm on a more permanent if these improvements are brought forth?"

As he began to propose his question, he was quickly interrupted by their server. Mrs Robinson pipped up, "Sorry for the wait dears! Here is your orders!" Forming a human wall, she leaned down in between them both, placing a plate down in front of either patron. Fumes of hot roasted beef, dripping with au jus wafted over the nose of both Ellie and Jason. The melted cheese blanketed the slices of hearty meat which sat on a bed of leafy vegetables. It was topped with caramelized onions, and a toasty bun. The sandwich was quite large and cut in half. On the opposite side of the table, a small, two-teired cake stand was set. On it were a few tea sandwiches; white bread stuffed with cucumbers and cream cheese, another with egg salad, and a simple ham and cheese filling. On the upper level a few small deserts. A strawberry tart, two pistachio macaroons, and a beautifully decorated square of chocolate cake.

Ellie beamed up to the older women, "It certainly was worth the wait!"

Mrs. Robinson laughed softly, turning to Jason, "What a sweet girl you have to keep you company Jason! My, you are a lucky man." Chuckling to herself, she left the two to eat their meal. She would have stayed for a longer chat, but she had many other errands to do.

Ellie looked from her tea time special, and Jason, then down to his thick meat sandwich. She smiled, "It looks really good! Is that your favourite to order?"

"I certainly am quite lucky. Thank you, Mrs. Robinson." Jason smiled as the older woman retreated back to her counter and began the many tasks that a restaurant owner would have to see to.

"Yes it is. It's perfect after a long morning at the farm. Plenty here to keep me going through the day when there is a lot to do." He admitted, agreeing with her statement. Jason looked between the two meals and could not help but compare the sandwiches to their owners. Hers was dainty, sweet, tasteful. His was big, potentially messy, and big. Very odd how well the two matched their physical statures so very well. Jason picked up his sandwich and took a bite. He chewed slowly, methodically as he thought about the question that had been interrupted. Did he want her around permanently? He certainly thought so. "Now, where was I? Right. Dairy cows. I could bring in a few more with your help easy enough. Same for the extra gardens and produce. With two people there, it's no problem to have the extra work." Jason smiled at her, letting her know the help she had given was appreciated, "But what happens when you leave to move here to town? I'll have a lot of extra work that I can't possibly finish in a day. That's why I want you to consider joining the farm as a more permanent farm hand. You've already worked off what you owe and would be getting a share of what we sell."

"Then I'll try to make it some time this week!"

Chimed Ellie, watching him take a bite of his large sandwich. She grew quite nervous about sharing a bite for a bite as she was a little unsure if her mouth would even open that wide! Shifting in her chair, she looked down to her dainty helping. Ellie then picked up a sandwich and sunk her teeth into its plush fresh!

"Mm~!" She squeeked, enjoying the flavor of the simple sandwich. Munching away, she further relished in its pleasures. Oh how she loved to eat! Ellie gulped hard as he asked, again, his question. Looking to him shyly with her large eyes, she blinked innocently, "We'll see. You might just need me at the beginning of the season!"

She smiled, before carrying on eating.

A "we'll see" had not been the type of definitive answer he had hoped to receive. He could not build a working farm off of maybes. Still, it was a big question and would change why she was there in the town. "Just take a couple days and think about it. It's not something that has to be decided any time soon." Jason took another bite of his sandwich and considered the possibilities. There were plenty of people around town that he could hire to work the farm if they improved it and Ellie left. A couple teenaged boys and more than a couple young women that would work there. The labor pool out stripped the available work by a good margin. Maybe it would not matter if she stayed on the farm or not. Still, if she left, he would miss her.

Jason continued to eat and watched with some amusement as she tried her sandwiches. Each new bite brought on a new facial expression as she relished the flavors. He chuckled a bit and wondered if it would be this way each time they tried a new dish or a new restaurant. She was so expressive. It was like every bite was an adventure for her. He could not wait to see how she reacted to the festival the next day.

She didn't know the town, or if there was even place for her! Heck, she was nervous enough as it was about them liking her. What if they hated her? And she was stuck here? Helping Jason out? Sure he was sweet enough, but what if she started grating on his nerves? What if! What if! WHAT IF! Ellie puffed her cheeks out in a cute little pout at his response. He didn't have to be so disappointed...

Ellie sighed a bit, then looked down to her meal. Using her fork, she broke off a Jason sized bite of the tart, and held it up to him, "Say 'ahh'!" She giggled.

Back
Top Bottom