Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Foxglove Valley

• foxglove_zps2e853805.png

• This is a private roleplay for Isabelle and CitizenAnon.

THE VALLEY
        Insert description. Forrest, beach, lake, mountain, town.

SHOPS
        General Store
        Cafe
        Inn
        Clinic
        Library
        Vineyard
        Postal Service and Shipping
        Oeuf Farm
        Yodel Farm
        Blacksmith
        Carpenter
        Town Hall

SPRING FESTIVALS
        •• 8 - Flower Festival
        14 - Spring Harmony Day
        18 - Spring Horse Race
        22 - Honey Festival
        25 - Cooking Festival
        30 - Spring Crop Festival
        31 - Tea Festival

SUMMER FESTIVALS
        •• 1 - Swimming Festival
        •• 6 - Firefly Festival
        15 thru 17 - Fishing Festival
        21 - Cooking Festival
        25 - Fireworks
        30 - Summer Crop Festival

AUTUMN FESTIVALS
        •• 3 - Music Fesitval
        •• 4 - Cow Festival
        13 - Full Moon View Festival
        18 - Fall Horse Races
        21 - Chicken Festival
        25 - Foliage Festival
        28 - Wine Festival
        30 - Fall Crop Festival
        31 - Pumpkin Festival

WINTER FESTIVALS
        •• 4 - Snow Festival
        14 - Winter Harmony Day
        18 - Sheep Festival
        25 - Starry Night
        30 - Crop Festival
        31 - New Years Eve

RE: The Foxglove Valley [Isabelle x Citizenanon]

• ELLIE'S DIARY

FULL NAME Ellie Lovestrum
        NICK-NAME Ellie-Bean
        AGE 17
        BIRTHDAY Spring 30th
        MOTTO "Put a smile on, and just get it done."
        LIKES Cake, Cookies, Chocolate, Pudding, Muffins, Cinnamon Bun, Brownies,
        Pie, Cheese Cake, all and any bake good, Candy, Lollipops, Animals, Bunnies,
        Goats, Raccoons, Bear Cubs, Foxes, Singing, Dancing, Cute Cloths, Lacy Doilies,
        Toy Dolls, Dress up, Teddy Bears, Perfume, Flowers, Fine Bone China, Tea,
        Fine Furniture.
        DISLIKES Burnt food, Cold Tea, Barking/Yippie Dogs, Cilantro, Foul smelling things.
        FEARS Being left alone, the dark, thunder and lightening storms, most bugs,
        and a constant fear of the cafe being closed.
        SECRETS
        FAVOURITE MEAL Ellie loves all kinds of food! Her favourite dishes are:
        Cheese Omlette, Salami, cut tomato for breakfast. A slice of quiche, herb
        salad, and a scone served with strawberry jam and a cup of tea for lunch.
        For dinner, a oil fondu with various breaded veggies, cheese, and meats,
        served with a fresh mixed salad. And tea time! A hot cup of Mint and
        Peach tea, two lumps of sugar, and Golden Milk, served with assorted pastries.
        PET OF CHOICE Kitten
        MOST ADMIRED PERSON Grandpa Walkinshaw (rest his soul)
        WHO SHE FANCIES Ooo~
        RECENT GOSSIP Well, Ellie just ran away from home.

• JASON'S NOTEBOOK

FULL NAME Jason Michael Allen
        NICK-NAME
        AGE 23
        BIRTHDAY Fall 10
        MOTTO "In wine, there is truth."
        LIKES Fish, Mushrooms, Tomatos, Eggs, Milk, Cheese
        DISLIKES Trash, Fish Bones,
        FEARS Failing, Heights
        SECRETS Runs a small still out of the tool shack.
        FAVOURITE MEAL Sushi. Jason can not cook very well and often eats out at the cafe/inn or prepares very basic meals at home.
        PET OF CHOICE Dog
        MOST ADMIRED PERSON Uncle John
        WHO HE FANCIES Anne
        RECENT GOSSIP Recently failed to place in the cooking festival.

The life of a farmer is one of routine. Every day it starts with an early morning, the hours in the day are long and filled with hard laborious tasks, and finally night time comes. A hot bath, simple meal of whatever he had time to prepare, then into bed. But with such routine comes comfort, and when things start to appear unorderly, one begins to wonder. Tools slightly misplaced in the toolshack, bails of hay pushed over, spooked animals, and worst of all--biggest pet peeve to any farmer---missing crops. Yes! Someone had been stealing his crops. The theif would uproot carrots and potatos, then sloppily cover the holes up with the dirt. Pheh! Amateurs! The discolouration in the soil made it obvious to Jason that someone was amiss. However, who could be the one doing this? It wasn't any of the villagers, no, they were constantly purchasing produce off of him. There was no rumours of anyone new who arrived...

It was Spring 5th, the first day of rain fall since the last day of snow. Ellie shivered all over, hugging thin arms about herself as she strived to keep warm. She had made a bed for herself out of hay, and used a rather stuffed bag as a pillow, all the while wearing a very thick beige knitted sweater, bulky black tights that clung to her long legs, a pair of tan high-rise shorts. Her teeth began to chatter. It sure was cold! Oh, what she'd give to stay in an Inn, but with the lack of money she had, and the only merchant coming in on the nineth, it seems like she would be stuck up in the loft of the barn for quite some time. The rain began to beat down on the tin roof of the barn. Ellie didn't usually mind rainy days, actually, they were quite soothing, but as she lay there trembling, she squeezed her eyes tightly and prayed that the worst would not come.

All sounds drowned out as she focused on repeating, "Please no thunder, please no thunder, PLEASE no thunder!!" in her weary little mind. Suddenly a large CRASH sounded through the valley, and the little Ellie could not help but let out a shrill cry, "AHHHHH!"

Jason had no idea what was going on around the farm. It had started off simple enough. Perhaps he had just been sloppily throwing the tools back where they belonged. Tools had been out of place, a bit of hay had been left on the ground, probably fallen from the loft above at some point. Could be rats or some other creature, but he did not find any of the other signs of an infestation.

The big clues that something was seriously amiss were the missing crops and the spooked cattle. The crops seemed to have been snatched roughly from the ground and the dirt had been placed back. Cute, but not enough to hide anything. Immediately, Jason had thought of Stu or May, but neither kid had been around nor had they done anything like this before. It might have been Won, but the Asian man had never stolen from him before, no matter how unseemly and strange he looked. What the devil was it?

None of that really mattered at the moment though. A storm was rushing in and Jason still had his small herd of cattle out grazing. The day had started off well enough, but any moment now it was likely to storm. Two cows had made it inside the barn, but Kobe, his prize cow, was holding back, clearly unwilling to enter.

"Come on, Kobe." Jason coaxed, gently guiding her into the barn. "It's only a bit of rai-"

At that moment, Jason could smell the slight change in ozone before a bright flash and loud crack nearly blinded him. The shrill cry that struck through the air after the lightning strike was certainly out of place. Kobe ran past him into the barn while Jason fumbled for the pitchfork. Lighting struck again, illuminating the area around Jason, his tight jeans and flannel shirt fit his tall frame well. Dark locks of hair fell over his even darker green eyes as he searched for a source of the noise.

"Who ever you are, you have ten seconds to come down before I come up for you and you do not want me to have to chase you down!" Jason yelled, his eyes looking upwards to the loft.

Ellie cried out loud, her little hands clasped over her ears; anything to stop hearing that terrifying sound! She was deathly afraid of the thunder and lighting storm which seemed to have started instantaneously. Her body quaked in fear. But then, she heard something else inbetween the low moos of cattle, soft bleets of sheep, and the clash of the thunder. A man's voice. Deep, and vevelt. From so far up she could tell he was angry. So she was left between a rock and a very hard place. Packing her things, Ellie slipped the bag over her shoulder. She would have to find a place in the forrest no doubt. As the lightening hit again, she could not help but let out another scream!

Being only five foot two left her with a very tiny body. It shook as she tried moving over the great bails of hay. The small creature wound up crawling on her hands and knees. From down below, he could see a petite pair of elegant hands taking hold of the wooden beam. And then, a face. It was a lovely heart-shape, something that could fit so easily into his large hand, with a slim nose, rosey cheeks, a pair of kissable pink lips, and two matching large, blue eyes with long black eye lashes. From atop her head flowed long trestles of golden curls. It was if she were Rapunzel, way up there. The mannerisms of the young one were timid, like a scared little bunny. She whined as lighting struck once again, "P-please! Could... could you pass me the ladder? It fell over..."

Jason could not believe what he was seeing. Of course, the feminine scream had clued him into the fact that a woman was hiding, but he had not expected the attractive young stowaway that blinked down at him now. Where had she come from? How long had she been hiding? Did she have any accomplices? Jason frowned as his eyes sought the ladder out, crows feet and worry lines temporarily appearing on his face as his dark eyes sought out the ladder. Kobe had knocked it over in her rush into the barn.

With the thought that Jason could handle the seemingly petite woman should she try anything, he set the pitchfork aside and lifted it back into its place on the loft.

"Easy now, come on down now." Jason directed as he stepped back, his eyes finding hers and not leaving. She seemed as if she might bolt any moment now if something jumped out at her. "I'm not going to hurt you." Where had she come from? She did not resemble anyone in the village, nor had he heard of any travelers coming through town.

Ellie adjusted herself onto her knees, leaning forward only slightly to watch as the humble farmer found, lifted, and set the ladder right. She had never seen the man from whom she stole produce from. But from such a distance, she was allowed to admire him. He spoke gently to her now, once she had revealed herself. Was it possible he was not all that mad? Ellie waited in silence as he fixed the ladder into place, his well practiced hands making sure it was sturdy. Crawling over, Ellie situated herself on the ladder. One step, two steps, three steps, four steps, five, six, seven---CRASH! This sound of lightening was much closer than ever before! With that she panicked, and let go of the ladder, falling straight into his arms. Luckily she was not too far off the ground!

He could feel her fridged little body trembling against his husky frame as she whimpered in fear. It was not pleasant living out your greatest fear... Her little hands clung to his damp shirt, almost asking him for so much more then what she had previously taken.

Jason kept his eyes on her, his eyes moving over her form as she moved down the ladder. She did not seem like someone who lived on the streets or that was prepared to run away. Someone like that would have been prepared for this kind of weather or at would have packed food so that they did not have to steal. Or... maybe she was just bad at it. She was nearly down the ladder when it happened. Another lightning bolt stuck and she fell. Jason, who had been steadying the ladder, under her had no real choice in the matter. Either he tried to catch her or let her hit the hard dirt. The choice was not difficult.

"Come on, let's get you inside so you can warm up. You can tell me why you have sneaked onto my farm and have been stealing from me the last couple days there." Jason shook his head as he attempted to set her down on the ground. When she made no move to get down, he just shrugged and decided to take the faster way out. Nearly effortlessly, he rearranged her in his arms and made for the barn door and the rain. Outside, the wind had picked up and the rain fell in torrents. The house was not situated far from the barn, but both were thoroughly soaked by the time he reached the door and managed to get them into the house.

The inside was simple, more than enough for a farmer, but far from the comforts of even the houses in the village. A small fire was already burning in the fireplace, remnants from the night before. Jason walked towards the fire. Using his foot, he slid a chair across the room and gently set her down.

RE: The Foxglove Valley [Isabelle x CitizenAnon]

The rain was pouring down heavily. The ground quickly became swollen, oozing out brown muck with every step he took. Hopefully it would stop by tomorrow morning! So the sun can dry out a bit of the excessive moisture. Yet there she stayed clinging to him. One arm about his neck, the other hand gripping onto his fallen shirt. Her head tucked close to him. Her legs dangling off of his supporting arm as he carried her. Even with the pace he made, her wool sweater got soaked. Wool is a terrible fabric to get wet...

Once inside, Ellie was settled down in a rather comfortable chair in front of a dying fire. Yes, he was a stranger, but the farmer was so kind considering the trouble she had caused him. Guilt ravaged her as she sat there for a moment. Her shivering slowly disappeared, as she pulled her bag up and off of her shoulder. She set it down. It wasn't horribly drenched unlike her sweater, which was the next thing to be peeled off. Ellie hung it up on the mantle of the fireplace before squatting down to the low burning wood. She worked meticulously, adding logs and random branches, blowing gently, all in effort to build it up to a proper blaze. Ellie moved back to the chair, enjoying the heat as she slowly dried off. Her white tank top clung to her and more specifically, her plump breasts. Ah, yes. She was a petite woman who's small body was packed with feminine charm. C-cup breasts appeared much larger in comparison to her slender waist. Earlier he no doubt caught a glimpse of her rounded rear, and long legs.

As she settled, Ellie responded, "I came from a village to the north of here... The winter was very harsh for us. And my caretaker, my beloved grandfather, caught a fatal case of pneumonia. My uncle took over the farm, but I can't stand him, so I ran away." Her eyes glazed over, cold and steely as she remembered her family. Oh, how she hated her uncle. He had sold the farm! And of course, left Ellie with nothing to do but simply be married off to some old man. She frowned, folding her arms, as if trying to hug herself. The thunder struck, and she winced with a slight jump. Ellie never did handle storms well. She looked to him, her eyes large with sorrow now, "I don't have any money, and the merchant only comes here ninth as he arrives in my town on the twelfth. So I can't sell any good until then, but once I do I will be able to stay in the inn. I really am sorry for troubling you... I was planning on repaying you once I found a job,"

Jason had watched quietly as the mysterious young woman had built a fire with practiced ease. She moved efficiently and had the fire going in no time. That was a good sign. His eyes took in her womanly curves as she stripped out of the heavy wool garment and they widened in appreciation as the extent of her womanly curves were revealed. When she had settled and started talking, he stepped away from her to a door that led to the bedroom. Not quite entering, he fished around until he found what he was looking for, a black shirt to replace the soaked flannel.

As she told her story, Jason stripped out of the wet flannel and undershirt and tossed them over one of the dining room chairs to dry. He was unashamed as he stretched a bit, his taut muscle pulling as some of the stress of the day left his body. He was built to farm. Strong broad shoulders tapered down to a well defined waist. Tanned skin glistened lightly with the leftover rain water. He frowned slightly as she finished her story.

"What are you carrying to sell?" Jason asked as he pulled a chair near the fire and turned it around so he could lean against the back of it. "I'm not above bartering, also what do you plan on doing here in town? You can't stay in the inn forever and you'll only get so far on a..." He glanced at her bag, "bag full of merchandise."

Ellie could not deny the pleasure of looking over Jason's body. He was a strong, tall man so he definitely was not something easily ignored. Oo, how it glistened... He must have been quite the during summer months when the heat is just so intense that he would work shirtless. Many women in this village must swoon over him. But had he no wife? Ellie looked about the cottage. It was decent sized, but it did not look much like a home. She looked back to him just as he stretched. My! What form he was in!

"Well," She began, reaching to her side to pull the bag up and off the ground. It was big incomparison to her, and at one point must have been very heavy. She removed an empty burlap sack, placing it on her lap as she began to sort through the bag. "--I had vegtables that I grew during the winter, but during my travels here, I slowly ate them... and carrying so much made me very tired," Her hands moved as they unravled tight bundles of fabric, revealing clothing, and the goods hidden inside. She set them down on the ground; five jars of preserved fruits, a crystal vase, a decorative picture frame with a photo inside of it, four tea cups and saucers, matching tea pot, creamer, and sugar, 10 silver spoons, a full set of cutlery for five people, and lastly a diamond ring. She looked over everything laid out before her. So many memories she had with these items. She took a moment of reflection before smiling up to him, "I surprised even myself when packing all of this into one bag!"

As more and more was pulled from the bag, Jason arched an eyebrow as it seemed to be endless. He half expected to see a kitchen sink come out at some point or maybe a few plates. When the ring made its appearance, he leaned back a bit while she seemed to contemplate the contents on her lap.

How did she get here without breaking everything?

"That's... quite a bit there." Jason said, "I'm not sure there will be a lot of call for the china, but the silver and the ring should fetch a good price." He said, lightly probing to see just what the items meant to her. A run away, carrying what was probably the last of her family belongings... he did not think she would want to part with it at all. He reached out and lifted a tea cup off of her lap and glanced over it. The floral pattern was nice. Certainly better than the coffee mugs that he used.

"Did you do much work on your family farm?" He asked, trying to figure out how she could be useful around the farm.

Ellie's heart tore a little when she heard his small comment. She was unaware it was a test of her character. Tears glistened in her eyes as she gazed down to her lap filled with memories. Jars of preserves her grandmother taught her to make, the vase a present that went back three generations, china as fine as any other painted by her mother, cutlery brought back by her father from a trip to a foreign country, a picture frame from her grandfather as a birthday gift. Ellie sat there in an uncomfortable silence, before she realized she had not responded. Turning her head up to him, she looked to him softly, the tears still remained. She forced a smile, holding out her hand as she took back the cup. Her fingers lightly brushed against his hand. They were soft and silky smooth.
"I am not very skilled with an axe, but I am good with animals and plants. And domestic chores..."

Jason let her take the cup back before taking her smaller hand in his. His hand engulfed hers fully. He ran his thumb over her palm, checking for calluses to see how well her story checked out. It was obvious that she had some experience as she was able to get around without him noticing at first, but that experience did not go as far as planting and harvesting. Where her hands were soft and smooth, his were hard and rough, years worth of calluses and hard work were a stark contrast to her own.

Content with whatever he was able to gleam from her hand, he released her.

"If these belonged to your family, you can't sell them." Jason said as he stood up and moved away from her and into the kitchen where he put the kettle on for tea. The warm drink would chase away the last of the rain induced chill. "I will make a deal with you. Stay here, work on the farm through the spring. That will pay back any crops that you have eaten. By the time summer roles around, you'll have enough money to move into the village or onto the next town if that is what you wish to do." The farm had grown large enough that Jason was having some difficulty taking full care of it all. As it was, he had to lessen the amount of crops planted this spring since he had more livestock than the year before. There was only so much time available in the day. Extra hands, even inexperienced extra hands would lighten the load enough that there would be a couple hours of daylight left in the day to improve the house and do any other chores he had been looking to do.

Ellie had began to pack her things away again when he took her hand. It was so warm! There was something sinfully pleasurable in the sensation of his rough, calloused hand against her delicate skin. Her cheeks turned a shade darker than their natural rosey state. Pulling her hand back, she finished packing her things, and sat the sack to the side of the chair again. Her ears almost twitched as he spoke again. Her eyes widened in surprise, before softening in complete admiration for the farmer. Taking to her feet, Ellie sprung a surprise hug onto him. Her arms wrapping about his waist, her breasts pressing against his torso. Plush cheeks pressed against his chest. This was a nice sensation too. He was so warm! It was a good place for a cry. But... for some reason, she had no reason to. The sound of thunder disappated, the shots of sudden brightness did not cause her to jump. Tears did well though, of complete happiness!
"Thank you so much for your gracious offer!! I promise to work very hard!"

Jason was caught off guard by the hug and hugged her back lightly with one arm. He smiled, caught slightly in a memory of the past as he held her close to him for a moment and reveled in her softness. After a moment, he let her go after a moment and sent her back to sit near the fire.

"Do not thank me yet." Jason cautioned, "You will be working hard and surely hate me by the end of the Spring Season."

Quickly, Jason thought about what he needed to be done and what he could let her do without causing any trouble. If she were able to stay in the barn without trouble from the cattle, she could work with them while he covered the agricultural aspects of the farm.

"The animals seem to like you since they did not mind you in the barn. You can start with them and we will see how things go from there." Jason poured two cups of tea as the kettle whistled.

"There are three cows, two sheep, my horse, and several chickens. Most of which I'm sure you've met by now." Jason handed her a chipped mug and sat back down near the fire. "Can you handle that?"

Ellie was sad when the hug had ended. It was such a nice embrace... It was a metaphorical comfort, as if here in the Foxglove Valley, she'd finally be okay. However, he quickly pulled away, and seated her back down. Ellie shifted somewhat on the chair, becoming comfortable. Her body drank in the eat of the fire. It was all rather cozy. However, as he cautioned her, Ellie felt somewhat... scolded. 'You will be working hard'. All that comfort quickly washed away. Ellie greatfully accepted the tea, sipping on it in-between gentle blows in attempt to cool it down. It was nice to have tea again. She was rather quiet for a moment, before responding, looking up to him with her large round ocean blue eyes,

"I know who they are. Bessy and Daisy like to be scratched on the snout, while Kobe prefers it behind the ears. Apollo is calmed when you stroke his mane, or pat his neck. Cotton and Puff are both very sweet, so it was easy to make friends with them!"
She gave a small smile,
"I haven't met the chickens yet. I didn't want to be tempted by eggs..."
Ellie laughed a bit, trying to lighten the mood before her stomach rumbled. Eating nothing but raw carrots and scorched potatoes left her famished for something with sustenance; or variation for the least bit. She looked back to her tea, sipping again at it.

Jason was struck momentarily by the traitorous nature of his assorted farm animals. She knew most of their secrets already. That was mostly good. Jason stayed quiet, nodding as she let loose the secrets of the farm animals and her own admission about being tempted by the chicken eggs. Then her stomach let its displeasure be known. Truth be told, he would normally be in town by now at the inn with a drink and a plate of food, but tonight did not seem to be a good night for that. Between the storm and the company, it would be better to stay in. That meant cooking.

"Alright, let's get you started tonight then." Jason said and drained most of his tea. "It's dinner time. Normally I would eat in the village, since I can't cook very well, but this storm is nasty and won't be over until very late tonight or tomorrow morning."

The kitchen area was small, but fairly well furnished. Even if the owner had trouble using everything. The stove had several steel pots and pans on top of it and the oven below. A quick peak in the chill box showed various fresh vegetables, eggs, beef, and chicken. Jason reached for the beef.

"I'll handle the protein, you take care of the vegetables. There is milk and butter in the cooler if you need it as well as plenty of fresh vegetables." As far as tests go, it was not a big one, but it would be good to gauge her skill in the kitchen. Even if she were a young woman. "By the way, my name is Jason Allen. You'll need to know that if you ever need to do farm business in the village." His unspoken 'Who are you?' hung in the air as he turned back to the stove top with the cuts of meat.

Oh traitorous indeed! They told her of everything to know about him, and his farm. Well, all that animals might know. Which... wasn't that much. She knew that they preferred the grass during Spring time because it was much more lush than that of summer. And autumn, well, its always hard to say good-bye right? Especially when going on a diet of fodder. Yuck! Much prefer the fresh stuff. In fact, these livestock seamed a bit snobby about their grass! But that's alright. Ellie agreed that fresh food was better than preserved... She took a long sip in the quiet that came about after her little expel of the animal names. Ellie was just good with animals.

Giving him a small smile, she stood up and swayed over to the kitchen area. It was here she felt so much more at home. But... it wasn't very well taken care of. The stove top was cluttered with his assortment of pots and pans. She scrunched up her face a little, watching him as he moved about the kitchen, pulling out the beef and informing her that there was butter and milk as well. Ellie lightly touched his arm, looking up to him with those facinated eyes, "Why don't you relax, and let me handle supper...? Also, would you prefer steak, roast beef, stew, or a soup? You have many fine cuts of meat."

Jason could hear the rain beating against the window and shrugged as he handed control of the kitchen over to... she still had not introduced herself. Was she being mysterious on purpose? Perhaps she did not trust him not to report her to the authorities that might be looking for her? Just how old was she anyway? Would there be people looking for her? Certainly people would be looking at her. The rumors running around the village would be damn near legendary for such a small place when it came to light that she was staying here.

The old women would have them sleeping together and partaking in who knows what kind of hedonistic acts almost immediately. Not that Jason would mind that last bit, but gossipy old women really did have a way with words and rumors.

Despite all of this, Jason let her handle the meat. I'm as bad as the old women. he mentally cringed, but nodded.

"Go ahead, I think this is a stew kind of night. There is fresh bread on the counter as well." Jason caught her elbow before she could move past him though and looked deep into her eyes as if to discern any trickery, "But first a name. Who are you?"

Ellie was just about move forward to look over the cuts, and see if they were in such good condition, when before she could blink an eye, he took her by her arm, and turned her towards him. In response, she had shut her eyes tight, half expecting to fall, half expecting to be struck. His grip was so tight! He could easily feel her little body tremble once more with fear. He was aggressive as he was confrontational. Ellie stayed still for a moment longer before opening her eyes and looking up to him shyly. Oh, what a timid creature she was! With such large eyes, it was easy to read into her soul. However, her own eyes searched in his, to see if he was some murderous freak who would try to assult her! She responded, "E-Ellie Lovestrum!! Please...! Don't hurt me!" Ellie frowned softly, looking down to his hand then up to him because cautiously moving away; closer to the meat.

Jason narrowed his eyes as she asked him not to hurt her. Did he really strike that kind of figure here? Perhaps he had gripped her elbow a bit tighter than he had thought to. Oh well, best to move forward. Jason had not been abused in the past, but he had seen others who were. Such a flinching response was not normal.

"It is nice to meet you, Ellie Lovestrum." Jason said as he let her go and stepped away from her to give her some space to work in the kitchen and perhaps to allay any fears she had, he stayed with her field of vision until he was out of arms reach from her. He did not say anything about her declaration of 'Don't hurt me.' as he sat down at the table, but it was obvious he was thinking of her words and what it might mean. Either she was very good at acting or she had a legitimately bad home life that she was running from.

"The kitchen is yours." he agreed from the chair, his cup of what remained of his tea on the counter top. "Go ahead with the stew."

Blatantly ignoring her statement about not hurting her was a clear non-verbal indication that he had no intentions of hurting her. Once again, she felt scolded by this older male. She puffed her cheeks out slightly before turning about. There was a large clatter as she cleared some space. She stacked the pots and pans, placing them on the far corner of the countertop. Ellie kept only one on the stove for the stew, and from here she began to work. She then familiarized herself with his pantry, seasonings, chill box, and the cuts of meat. He had lovely cuts indeed! A prime rib roast, thick steaks, and a chunk that would be perfect for their stew. Wrapping them up carefully, she placed them back in the chill box, eyeing up the chicken as well; she would make roast chicken tomorrow night if he would let her. Now with a collection of onions, potatos, carrots, meat, oil, and red wine set in front of her, his pretty little guest---err... farm hand...? Um... debt-payer-back-person? Girl-female-thing-with-the-jiggly-bits-and-plushness!----began to set things in motion. Heat on the element, Ellie brought up the pan to a good temperature. While she waited, she quickly sliced up the beef. Pausing only momentarily to look over Jason and his mouth, before returning to work. She couldn't exactly make it bite-sized to herself, now could she? Drizzling oil into the now hot pan, followed by the chunks of beef, she quickly browned all sides before turning the heat down just a touch. Next up: onions! The woman did not have much experience with an axe, but knives were obviously her forté. The sound of chopping was quick, almost like the sound of a wood pecker, as she made even slices. She decided the onion, tossed it in, gave it a good stir, added a splash of wine before turning her attention back to the rest of the vegetables. Potatoes. Cubed. Carrots. Sliced. Both done good and thin to lessen the wait for patient Jason. Into the pot it all went. Her hands worked quickly, pinching salt and seasonings into the bubbling concoction. Never before had the house smelled so good! She gave it a good stir, before cleaning off the counter top. Grabbing a mixing bowl, flour, eggs, milk, butter, and sugar, she started on something else; having turned on the oven already. She hummed a little dum as she worked away.

It wasn't much longer before his curious little trespasser was setting the table, pouring them each a glass of milk, setting out a small basket of sliced bread, making sure the butter was well stocked. Note: she kept the forks on the left hand side, and butter knives followed by soup spoons to the right hand side. She may have slight trust issues, but the girl did have some etiquette to her. As she set the space infront of where he sat, Ellie would lean into him, pressing her tender breasts into his shoulder innocently enough. Soon dinner was served, and her strawberry cobbler was set to cool on the tidied kitchen counter. She looked to him from her seat, wondering if he were the type to say grace before a meal. That, and she wanted to know if he liked her cooking...

Jason let his mind wonder a bit as he watched Ellie cook. He had kept a wary eye on her while she was cutting, but soon let that go. If she were dangerous, he would eat his left boot, just as soon as he got the knife away from her. Jason did not think that he had ever cooked anything quite as complicated as what she was working on. If it did not grill, it was pan fried, if it did not get fried, it was eaten boiled or raw. Even now, with just the stew cooking, his mouth was watering in anticipation. If she were this good, he might just have to keep her around for her cooking.

She had certainly chosen a wide range of ingredients. He would have to speak with her about which seeds to get in the future if she were going to cook like this. It only made sense. Grown vegetables were cheaper than purchased ones. Tasted better too.

As Ellie set the table and pressed herself against him, Jason shifted in his seat, his shoulder moving across her chest as he settled himself into his chair closer to the table. Without the thick fabric of her sweater, he was very well aware of just how feminine she was. Not knowing that her actions were fully innocent, Jason decided on what he would do.

When the wonderfully aromatic dinner had been set and Ellie was across from him, he reached out and took both of her hands in his. His grim was firm and his thumbs lightly played over her knuckles as he held her hands towards the middle of the table. Jason spoke a soft thanks to the Harvest Goddess for providing the vegetables, but lingered in letting go of Ellie's hands. Finally, as he did so he looked up and smiled at her.

"This smells wonderful, Ellie." Jason said as he served himself a portion of the stew and grabbed a slice of bread, "Truly the best meal that has been prepared in this house." Not wanting to wait, and very hungry from the day before, Jason tried the stew and let out a very happy sigh. It was better than what they served at the inn! "Oh, this is wonderful, very good job, Ellie."

Back
Top Bottom