Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Where are the Supernatural fans?

Do you wanna do a Supernatural "movie night" thing?

• Total voters
Holy freaking Christ, the chick they got to play Anna, the Angel?

Christ, she was gorgeous.

But the women they got to play Ruby- the coma patient and the blonde she used in a flashback? Not nearly as attractive as the 'first' Ruby.

Also, Alastair is such a total badass!

I have a huge hate for becky. Such an irritating self centered bimbo. Also I don't really see her having anything do do with any plot whatsoever. At least none that I could find.

Yeah, Anna was pretty but she had this weird, overhanging brow ridge thing that kinda made her look strange(or like, barely there eyebrows or something odd). I guess that's why she was chosen to play an angel, eh? Unnatural beauty, heh.

I dunno, a part of me always identified with the "fans" in the episodes involving Chuck. Sure, Becky was annoying, and I've never been an obnoxious person but at the rate I'm going, I'm right there with her squealing every time J2 and Misha are seen at cons together. Although, I did not like the episode where she tricks Sam into marrying her but I think it treated her fairly sympathetically. We've all been there at one point or time, the underdog, treated unfairly by our peers, wanting to prove something or finally find a happy ending. If I discovered tomorrow that making deals with demons and all of that shit was real, I'd jump to the first crossroads that fit the bill and order me a slice of Christian Bale with a whipped topping of devotion, eh?

Christian Bale is okay, but if I HAD to choose a male, it'd be Justin Timberlake. He's so multi talented.

But above him, Misty Stone..... Mmmmm, Misty.....

Just got to the Siren episode. Have to say, the one where they go back to one of their old high schools is.... Deep.

Millenium Joker said:
Christian Bale is okay, but if I HAD to choose a male, it'd be Justin Timberlake. He's so multi talented.

But above him, Misty Stone..... Mmmmm, Misty.....

Just got to the Siren episode. Have to say, the one where they go back to one of their old high schools is.... Deep.

Omg... MJ XD

This show has everything from humor to really dark themes and in between great depth and emotional storytelling.

What? Great, perky fits, gorgeous body, face of an angel, ass you could bounce a nickel off of.... Misty Stone is fuckign hot!

I never liked Uriel. Happy he dies.

But Anna is alive! Yay! Although Alastair dies crappy. Boo!

Millenium Joker said:
What? Great, perky fits, gorgeous body, face of an angel, ass you could bounce a nickel off of.... Misty Stone is fuckign hot!

I never liked Uriel. Happy he dies.

But Anna is alive! Yay! Although Alastair dies crappy. Boo!

Yeah, Uriel is a dick. Also sad that Alastair didn't stick around for a bit longer. Sometimes it feels like these big plot things always revolve around Sam. It would have been nice to get to witness more cat and mouse mind torture games between Alastair and his ex-pupil, Dean. To play out that angle of Dean's guilt a little more and learn more about his time in Hell. It seems like, after season 4 and a few brief mentions, his time in Hell never happened(and yet, Sam's time locked in Lucifer's cage gets rode to death in season 6 AND 7).

Millenium Joker said:
Who're Krissy and Becky?

Krissy was the daughter of that Hunter that had a 'annoying young side kick' episode with Dean, then she gets another episode where she does a 180 and goes into hardcore, 'don't make me kill you Dean', underage hunter.

She was a bad actress then, she's worse now, and the writing for her is some of the worst, most forced dialogue and character logic I've ever seen in the series. With Becky at least it was like...ironic and purposeful, this just felt sloppy and like they didn't care.

That scene at the end with the revolver? One of the cheesiest I've ever seen in the entire series.

I mean ever.

I just started Season 5, after they release Lucifer because Sam was a dumbfuck who couldn't stop being emo for 3 seconds long enough to listen to what people with more knowledge and experience were telling him. Its pretty interesteing but at the same time I'm wondering why out of nowhere, having given no real character indication towards it, they decided to make Dean the vessel for Michael. I mean, Dean is a poster boy for sin and vice, not even taking into consideration the things he did in Hell. So how does THAT translate to being the vessel for the mklst powerful weapon in Heaven, an Archangel who's name literally means "He who is like God"- the big man's right hand/ kill button.

Becky was irritating, but I've actually seen obsessive super fans like that. Never stops creeping me right the fuck out.

Millenium Joker said:
I just started Season 5, after they release Lucifer because Sam was a dumbfuck who couldn't stop being emo for 3 seconds long enough to listen to what people with more knowledge and experience were telling him. Its pretty interesteing but at the same time I'm wondering why out of nowhere, having given no real character indication towards it, they decided to make Dean the vessel for Michael. I mean, Dean is a poster boy for sin and vice, not even taking into consideration the things he did in Hell. So how does THAT translate to being the vessel for the mklst powerful weapon in Heaven, an Archangel who's name literally means "He who is like God"- the big man's right hand/ kill button.

Becky was irritating, but I've actually seen obsessive super fans like that. Never stops creeping me right the fuck out.

I think the show's approach to Christianity/morality is more concerned with the bigger picture than stupid, piddly questions like "where you stick your dick" and "don't cuss" like in the Sunday school version. Sam and Dean do a lot of good, fighting truly evil beings and when you strip away all of the nitty-gritty, pick-it-apart commandments that they don't obey, they're actually good people. Then again you also have to take into account that the angels were told by God to love humanity(that is given later as Lucifer's reason for being cast out because he refused) and yet the only angels who seem remotely fond of humanity are Gabriel, Castiel, and maybe Anna(she seemed to like Dean a lot, anyway) and they were all seen as rebellious outcasts. ???? So, something screwy is going on with the whole system and plans. Also, I'm not sure if you're there yet but Dean and Sam are said to be descendants of Cain and Abel and that is put forth as the reason for their extreme eligibility as vessels. So, apparently, it doesn't matter what you've done, so long as you can say "yes". ;) :D

Millenium Joker said:
I was not there.

D;

Oops. I'm sorry. ^^; I can't feel too bad about spoilers for this show, though. It's been out there for 8 years now.

I've not watched the CW since it stopped being the WB. And besides.....

After season 1, way back when it came out, I had no idea they continued with a third season.

Either that, or I was too busy watching cartoons- something I still do to this day, thank you very much.

Strange though, after 4 seasons almost nonstop, I'm (embarrassingly) kinda burned out on the show for now. D:

Millenium Joker said:
I've not watched the CW since it stopped being the WB. And besides.....

After season 1, way back when it came out, I had no idea they continued with a third season.

Either that, or I was too busy watching cartoons- something I still do to this day, thank you very much.

Strange though, after 4 seasons almost nonstop, I'm (embarrassingly) kinda burned out on the show for now. D:

Hey, no judgments, brah. ^_^ And that's a shame. Well, if you still wanna hang around and talk about it feel free. Or come back when you get into it again. Always looking for fellow addicts--I mean, fans, willing to talk about this awesome series.

I'm not going to stop watching, don't worry. I'm like a mule- hairy, I can carry a lot, and when i'm determined to be stubborn, only mighty Thor can move me.

Or does that make me more like a bear?

OOH, OR AN ALBATROSS!

I feel like the latter half of this season has been a bunch of set up episodes for spin offs or last minute allies in the final showdown.

Anyone agree?

Alright, since I've been mostly swamped with reading fanfiction lately and I'm always looking for more and people to talk to about this series, here is my list of favorite fics. I like angst and dark fics so most of these are full of warnings and have the tag "mature content". I also despise drabbles and won't waste time on that shit unless it's part of an ongoing series of fics or if I really like the writer. I am a big supporter of Destiel(Dean/Cas) and will often make exceptions for Wincest(Dean/Sam) if the writing hits the right nerve, so, those are the two main pairings in this list. I like AUs but will spit in your eye as soon as you start talking about Weechesters, kid fics and highschool/college AUs. All other warnings will be made note of. List is in the spoiler tag to save space. I'll give a summary and what I thought about each and I'll try to keep spoilers to a minimum.

What It Takes
Rating: M
Word count: 101,063
Pairing: Wincest
Summary: Sam gets raped by a group of guys and goes full-PTSD with only his big brother there to help him heal. Eventual Wincest.
Opinion: Really angsty but the characters are written realistically. If you want something that isn't just whiny Sam crying about being raped but an actual in-depth look at the trauma he went through and how he progressively deals with it, then you'll like this. The Wincest is really soft-core and mostly subconscious and supportive/platonic in nature until the last couple of chapters.

Struggle of Surrender
Asbolus
Word count: 47,937
Pairing: Alastair/Dean
Summary: The first story chronicles Dean's time in Hell and the second picks up where Season 4 starts. Hard core Alastair pairing.
Opinion: Sort of choppy the way it's written but the gruesome sex scenes are pretty good and I like the angst associated with Dean's turmoil and conflicted feelings regarding what he suffered in the Pit.

Project Hades
Word count: 42,153
Pairing: Destiel
Summary: AU Officer Castiel Novak is the US Marine Corps greatest weapon, and has been put in charge of training up a squad of "intrinsically capable" soldiers, amongst whom is the scarred and combatively gifted Dean Winchester.
Opinion: Reminds me of your average "character-centric" war/military movie plotline with some nice angst and sharp drama thrown in. Also, Dean and Castiel are marines in this one. Need I say more?

Renegade Atlas
Word count: 91,994
Summary: Another one that details Dean's time in Hell and how he deals with the baggage that comes with it.
Opinion: This one is a lot longer than Asbolus and more detailed and gruesome. I also like that it goes somewhere. Whereas Asbolus has me confusedly rooting for Alastair to get his boy back, this one actually gives Dean hope and a reason to fight the temptation to go back to Hell.

Notbroken
Word count: 17,138
Summary: The boys are in an established relationship... and Bobby finds out.
Opinion: You know I love the awkwardness, tension and the angst. Where's the fun in so much taboo being broken unless you have friends and family finding out and getting all scandalized about it? Plus, it keeps things very true to the character of Bobby, his reactions realistically portrayed.

Microwaving Metal
Word count: 2,265
Summary: This series of fics by paperstorm(you can find the full list and order they go in on the user's profile) are done for each episode starting with the pilot, chronicling a blossoming Wincest relationship between the brothers.
Opinion: Exhaustive because it's almost like watching the entire series over again from the beginning, but it includes snippets of dialogue and heavily references the canon action as it takes a "behind the scenes" look at the boys' lives and inserts Wincest between the lines. Very creative and stays true to the characters. Oh, and the gay sex is great.

Don't Ever Play With Guns
Word count: 46,001
Summary: AU Prison fic. Dean is sent to prison for murder and develops a friendship with the mysterious Castiel and snarky Gabriel.
Opinion: I love this one so much. Not only are the characters written close to their canon versions but also the parallels are clever and well thought out. Also, it's based in a specific era around WWII, so it's more interesting than your average, "let's put 'em in prison and make 'em have convict sex hurr durr!" fic. There's actual history being put to use here and a story being developed.

Dirty Blonde
Word count: 90,813
Pairing: Destiel - genderbend
Summary: Dean wakes up as a woman and has a tough time dealing with the consequences that lead him there.
Opinion: I don't usually do genderbend, guys. No for real, this was a surprise on this list as much for you as it is for me. But I had to include it. Ho-sama is a great storyteller, putting in just the right dashes of mystery and angst, and I think she portrays the female-transformed Dean perfectly.

The Long Road Home
Word count: 54,072
Summary: AU Castiel is a small town priest and one night a mysterious stranger comes to confessional. Now, for some reason, Castiel can't get the man out of his mind.
Opinion: Really long and drawn out curtain fic basically. There's some edge and the groundwork for drama set down early on, but around the 3rd chapter or so, the two start "dating" without really acknowledging that's what they're doing. The potential drama doesn't come into play until chapter 12 but still it's a cute fic and kinda feel-good/angsty with great potential now that things are finally starting to pick up.

Without You I Can't Breathe
Word count: 22,294
Summary: Dean is cursed and Sam is the object of his growing obsession. Sam tries to figure out what is going on and how to fix it while also trying to fight his brother's advances. Dub-con.
Opinion: This is by far my favorite out there. I love the angsty way the brothers are forced together and the addiction aspect of it and how it escalates is so fucking sexy. I kid you not!

Lost Souls
Word count: 79,043
Summary: AU Where Dean is a homicide detective and it looks like his childhood friend, Castiel, is wanted for murder.
Opinion: Very enthralling mystery and very disturbing as well. Dark, dark, dark. Lots of trigger warnings but the parallels of the characters is very clever and well thought out.

A Reason to Fall
Word count: 71,926
Summary: Alternate timeline in season 5 when Castiel fights off the angels at the green room using the banishing sigil cut into his chest. He wakes up in the hospital, his grace fading and no sign of it ever coming back. Yet the Apocalypse and everything is still on.
Opinion: Nice alternative timeline, although still waiting for updates and wondering where it'll go. Gabriel is in this one and has more of an active role which feels a little OOC to me but if you set it aside because he's so damned entertaining, then you'll enjoy this.

Memories of Me
Word count: 29,712
Summary: While investigating a curse, Dean loses his memory and grows attached to Sam in a not-so-brotherly way.
Opinion: This is my second favorite, after the addicted Dean one. So much angst and conflict! There's sequels to this where their relationship develops further but they're kind of convoluted.

Old Ghosts
Word count: 49,431
Summary: AU where the Winchester brothers are separated at birth and meet later in life, eventually falling in love before they find out the truth.
Opinion: Angsty, but that goes without saying, eh? A couple of trigger warnings because Dean has a rough past growing up, but a really great story and very dramatic. Has a couple of sequels which are okay.

The Tide
Word count: 8,343
Pairing: none
Summary: AU in which Dean is just getting out of rehab for drug addiction and trying to cope with real life again.
Opinion: So angsty and sexy. I love the torment of the recovering addicts life and it's taken to the lovely, glorified extremes in this fic.

Angelface
Word count: 12,662
Summary: AU in which the Winchester brothers are renowned serial killers on the run from the law. In this episode, they kidnap Jimmy Novak, mild-mannered businessman.
Opinion: I love this series of fics(and there's more than just this one, the list and the order to read them on the user's profile). So dark and twisted and makes for an interesting alternative timeline almost.

Wow. Wincest=6 and Destiel=8. Seriously, I didn't think I shipped Wincest that hard but I guess I do. ^^; Oops.
Also, feel free to share your own links. Any angsty shit, send it my way, bby, please.

Dameon said:
I feel like the latter half of this season has been a bunch of set up episodes for spin offs or last minute allies in the final showdown.

Anyone agree?

You mean season 8?

Guys, hey guys, listen, I've been dying during this hiatus. Ep 8:20, Pac-Man Fever, is scheduled to air on the 24th and it can't come soon enough(and Carver keeps teasing fans and hyping up the season finale on Twitter). Seriously need somebody to talk to about this series, particularly season 8. I'm lonely folks.

But for real, get your butts in here and talk to me about some Sam and Dean, ya'll. How do you feel about the direction of Season 8? What monsters that Sam and Dean have fought have been the most interesting to you? Any theories about Naomi and what she's doing?

Millenium Joker said:
I gotta gets back to watching the show. Been busy watching the hell out of Bones lately. :/

Yeah, you really do! Season 8 is killing me, though! It's like the writers of the last few episodes don't understand continuity and they've shit all over the important mytharcs in their confusion! D: *gives you a horrified look* I'm feeling intense today!

Slowly but surely divulging myself into the series. I don't have a lot of time to watch the episodes, but when I do I can't stop.

I ship everyone and everything. All at once. Even the demons.

Especially the demons.

Back
Top Bottom