Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Where are the Supernatural fans?

Do you wanna do a Supernatural "movie night" thing?

• Total voters
Night, brother, and again, welcome to BMR. That's.... B....

Balaxy News Radio, in case you forgot. This is your host, Free Dawg, awooooo!

Yeah, I dropped the ball there.

Rudolph Quin said:
My_Apocalypse_Pony said:
I have actually missed most of this season which I am really bumed about but after last season I am not sure I will like it any ways..

I felt that way too. I've watched season 7 because it was available for streaming on Netflix, so I probably won't get to 8 until it too becomes available there. I loved the story arcs from seasons 1-5 because even when they killed the big bad Yellow-Eyed Demon, his plan fit in with the bigger Apocalypse plan. Then season 6 felt like "Well, now what? Um... Sam comes back from Hell, I guess?" and then they just kept going like that, sorta stumbling around. I even heard the cast talking about some things they didn't like about the season 8 story arc but I'm still gonna go with it when it's available. They signed on for 10 seasons, I heard.

Well, after season six the main producer/writer, the guy who created the show left and went to work on something different.

Aw, no worries, Creel; feel free to watch it when you can and join the conversation. The point was just to do something fun together so we'd all have the details fresh in our minds.

That episode was the first really to start bringing in that whole "Something's different about Sammy" plot. Kinda sad because in previous episodes, Dean tries to pull them back together, and things kinda feel like they're "going back to the way they used to be" before Sam left for college. But now in this episode, some of the changes Sam has gone through, his independence shines through; he's not the same person anymore and he's even keeping things from Dean - things we as an audience recognize are probably not the safest information for him to hold onto by himself.

Very compelling "monster" in this episode too and I thought the logic for defeating her was kind of weird and hokey, but even rewatching it, I can't rag on it too hard. It's that good kind of cheesy that Doctor Who perfected too, you know? And that girl, Charlie, wasn't too bad to look at either. Also, do you guys think Sam breaking all those mirrors is the reason why everything bad happens to him later in the series? Just a silly thought, I had after rewatching it. :D

I never thought of that before... Makes sense though.

Just wrapping up Hook Man right now. Freaking Netflix crapped out yesterday after Wendigo.

The Phantom Traveler and Doppelganger were.... Interesting. I wish they'd shown the Doppelganger's true form though.

Millenium Joker said:
So, uh.... Dean's car...

Is it a Plymouth Fury III VIP?

Because if it is, my best friend used to own the exact same car......

I dunno. I'm not a car kinda guy.

What ep are you on now? Sorry, I skipped ahead to season 5, episode "Free to Be You and Me" so I could watch Dean take Castiel to the brothel again. X3

Millenium Joker said:
So, uh.... Dean's car...

Is it a Plymouth Fury III VIP?

Because if it is, my best friend used to own the exact same car......

His baby is actually a 1967 Chevy Impala. : 3

It was in really really bad shape, even though he had just bought a new manifold and valve covers and hoses. Rest of engine and the body, and especially the brakes needed too much work to be any use in fixing up.

He found somebody who wanted his car, sold it to them, and with the $1500 he got for it, he used $400 to buy then fury for only $400

Great deal, too, because he got it after only 1 previous owner (original purchase) and almost no mileage on it. But it was in storage for so long that the thing needed MAJOR overhauls on everything (over 40 years) so while it began to finally run after he owned it for about 4 months, he decided to sell it to buy his dream car, a 1978 Trans Am.

And the fucking Trans Am doesn't look in nearly as good condition or run nearly as well as the Fury. Stupid move, if you ask me.

Baby is the sexiest car EVAR! I told my husband I want to get a black '67 impala just so we can have sex in the back seat and front seat...and everywhere else. We seen one the other day, I only seen the ass but knew exactly what it was right away.

Millenium Joker said:
It was in really really bad shape, even though he had just bought a new manifold and valve covers and hoses. Rest of engine and the body, and especially the brakes needed too much work to be any use in fixing up.

He found somebody who wanted his car, sold it to them, and with the $1500 he got for it, he used $400 to buy then fury for only $400

Great deal, too, because he got it after only 1 previous owner (original purchase) and almost no mileage on it. But it was in storage for so long that the thing needed MAJOR overhauls on everything (over 40 years) so while it began to finally run after he owned it for about 4 months, he decided to sell it to buy his dream car, a 1978 Trans Am.

And the fucking Trans Am doesn't look in nearly as good condition or run nearly as well as the Fury. Stupid move, if you ask me.

Awh, that's a shame. : ( But cars get pricey man, it's crazy.

Oh wow! Yeah that's a really great deal, but damn sitting in storage for that long? I can see why it was $400. Wow, hahaha. The fury did not stick around at all it seems.

Well hey when you got a dream car, you go for it I guess. I know I have always wanted a '97 Mitsubishi Eclipse, why? Hell if I know but there is just something about that car. xD

I've always wanted a 67 Cutlass. Yeah, I know the Cutlass is like THE most ghetto piece of shit out there, but something about it, something about the engine roaring to life and knowing you have a ton of steel between you and the trauma center....

Driving old muscle cars makes me feel more alive than my old 97 Thunderbird did, and I loved that car as if it were my child.

I think I've driven that year eclipse before. Transitioned between gears easily, very aerodynamic. Had a ton of fun with it, but when it comes to a small 'sports-' like car of Japanese make, I've found that the '06 Totoya Celica gave me a bigger rush.

Millenium Joker said:
Errrh mehh Gerrrrdhd,does Gordon ever fucking die? He's so damn irritating!

Dude! I know, right? First he comes off as kind of pretentious, as if his way of hunting is the only way acceptable. I mean, I get his story and everything, but damn! But then again... Sam and Dean DID end up starting the Apocalypse and everything... so maybe Gordon was right about "black and white". Maybe if we'd all been a little bit more dedicated to hunting all versions of evil and those associated with it by proxy, none of that shit would have ever happened. Or maybe... since the angels were planning for Sam and Dean since Cain and Abel(and their parents were direct descendants brought together by Cupid for the sole purpose of creating Sam and Dean as Michael and Lucifer's vessels), maybe even that early in the game, when Gordon knew what Sam was and was trying to kill him, he would have always failed, either the way it actually happened or through divine intervention, because the angels "had a plan all along". Damn... that's some tight plot wrapping, eh? :D

It could also be the writers being like "Wait... Can we... We can make this work?"

"Yeah, just throw in some vague ultimate destiny shit and something about angels and cupid in there, the fans'll eat that shit right up."

"But isn't this a little.... You know.... Underhanded?"

"Underwhatnow?"

I very recently read this on Tumblr and it kinda changed my view on criticizing TV show writers and what they may or may not have "orchestrated". ^^;

Hey everyone - So if you’re following me, you know that I’m not really a ‘fandom’ guy; more of a ‘casual viewer’, hence why I don’t post fandom-related things very often.

However! I was having a conversation with Octoswan yesterday, who is an active member of the Tumblr-SPN community, about a lot of the drama going on with y’all lately and I checked out some of the posts related to said drama. I noticed that, in many cases, there were a lot of accusations and questions being thrown around about “the writers.”

“Do the writers just not know how to write women??”

“Why do the writers think that there always needs to be a romance??”

“Why do the writers…?”

And so on. What I started to notice was that there was a trend of blaming the writers for the problems that fans are having with the show or the direction it’s going, or for ‘baiting’ the fans in various ways, so as a screenwriter working in the industry (if not on SPN) I wanted to clear up a few misconceptions and notions about how a TV show episode gets written.

Read More

Does anybody here read fanfiction for the show? Just curious.

I don't really like the fan fiction, I do supernatural group rps, but the creepy fanfic relationships kinda ruined me o. All of it. Wincest, deanstiel, samstiel, creeps me out and just no. But I do love how they make fun of it! Misha thinks its the best, he tweets about it sometimes, and he talks to fans about it.

I am a fan, but I haven't watched the current season. just finish 7 on dvd. I love this show.

Back
Top Bottom