Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Protection of a Different Kind ((Lady and Blair))

"It'd be alot easier if you step away before I gut you."Daemon's voice, though gone was the emotional abrasive man, replaced by the emotionally ice cold mercanary who knew exactly how to kill. Pressing the knife tip against the man's back, and gun nestled against the back of his skull he sighed quietly. Having used the man's weight to hide his presence, and having ome in just behind the man so the door only opened once. Had given Teddy every chance of saving herself, until he realized she hadn't been able to. Then he stepped in.

"Teddy?Slid down the wall and come around her to me.And you.."He pressed the knife tighter, smirking as it drew blood."Are going to walk out with me, and wait very patiently for the police to arrive."He said his voice a deadly purr, like a giant lazy cat that had found the mouse that he was ready to pounce on.

Teddy gasped, looking up at Daemon with complete shock, and nodded. Quickly, she slid to the ground and crawled over to him, standing up and hiding behind his much larger body. She felt like her heart was about to lurch out of her chest, her hands gripping the back of Daemon's shirt... As he led the grumbling man out of the bathroom, tears slid down Teddy's cheeks and she moved to get her things from the floor. Wow. She really couldn't do anything on her own. She'd never be able to be independent...

Moving out of the bathroom, she sighed and sat down on the bench right outside. She looked over at Daemon, who was already turning the man into the police, and put her head in her hands. Never had she felt so humiliated... and scared.

Daemon sighed softl as he was careful to keep her behind him before moving away to talk to the cops though he was careful not to turn his back on his harge. Not trusting her not to bolt towards the buses, or to completely break down. when they were done and the man was on his way with the cops before making his way down and sitting down next to her. Going quiet as he thought, knowing there was nothing really to say."I had been going to let you handle it on your own. But you dropped the pepper spray..."he sighed nudging her a little."come on. I brought the car so let's get you home."He muttered.

Teddy sniffed and moved away from him, grabbing her back with a jerk of her wrist. "Don't touch me," she growled, moving toward the car with out looking back at him. She was pissed, so pissed, but not at him... She was just taking it out on him. No, she was upset because she was disappointed in herself. She really believed that if she wanted to be independent, then she could. Obviously, her father was right. She needed someone to babysit her 24-7 or things like this were going to happen.

Sitting in the front seat of the car, she glared out the window. It's not that she wasn't grateful for being saved, she was just a very stubborn individual.

"You might as well move the gym back the way it was," she snapped, "I won't need the floor space any longer."

"Oh, your going to be using it princess, but not for dancing."Daemon said as he drove, his own eyes showing his dark amusement, a almost sadistic drive to goad her into reacting. He excelled at driving women insane, and he had a goal here. While he knew her father had told him not to, and keep to himself, there were some things Daemon SAdi wouldn't do. And letting a defenseless woman wander around was one of them.

"Now. Go change, and meet me down in the gym."he ordered, pausing in the doorway as he glanced back at her, definate sadistic streak showing."And if you think to run again tonight, I'll turn you over my knee and paddle your ass like a child."He growled before heading to his bedroom to change before heading downstairs to the gym, wondering if he was going to have to get her down here kicking and screaming.

Teddy looked at him with shock. "Uh, no," she snapped, moving toward her bedroom. "You don't tell me what to do. You are paid to make sure I am not distressed, and as of now, you are doing the distressing."

She threw her bag on the bed and rolled her eyes, even if on the inside, she was scared of that look he gave her. Peeking out into the hallway at him, she sighed. "Why? How is spending time in the gym supposed to resolve this situation?" She looked at him with one hand on her hip and her eyebrow arched. Right now, he made her nervous, but she was a stubborn girl... It would take a lot to make a point. "I'm going to bed, okay?"

"No your not.Since when do you go to bed before 10?"He taunted looking amused before holding out a stave."Because you've had a good scare tonight. Beating the shit out of someone who can take it, will make you feel better."He smirked, taunting her, teasing her because he had every intention of making her work to beat him into the ground. "And in the morning, if you don't swear at me to much for making you work tonight, I might, just teach you self defense."He said quirking a eyebrow as he leaned on his own stave.

Teddy looked interested, leaning against her door way. "You mean, you are going to let me beat you up?" she asked, then sighed. "Fine. I'll go change and meet you down there." With that, she slammed the door shut and moved to her dresser. She changed into a pair of tight black, mid-calf length yoga pants and bright blue sports bra along with her tennis shoes. Her slender, toned stomach was on display for him as she jogged down the stairs and toward the gym, moving to the mad in the middle of the floor to stretch.

Daemon smiled a little as he looked her over, not so muh because she was beautiful-she was that though- but because he approved of the clothes she'd chosen. Finishing his own stretches he stood as he waited for her to finish, tilting his head slightly as he tried to think about the best way to teach her. Which stlyes resembled dancing."Have you ever taken self defense before?"He questioned, wanting to know how much he was going to have to unteach her, or if he was starting off new.

Teddy gave him a half annoyed, half amused look. "Do you really think that someone who has had a person security guard since the age of three has taken a self-defense class?" she asked, her hands on her hips. Her abs flexed, and the tight black banks she was wearing barely came up to her prominent hip bones. She had a perfect body for ballet, aside from her breasts, which were a lot bigger than the average starved dancer. "No, I have not taken any self-defense classes. I don't remember asking for a lesson either, but you seem determined."

She let out a sigh and tried desperately not to look over his body with hunger in her eyes. He may not be her favorite person at the moment, but he had a bangin' body... A body she could easily see herself wrapped around during a passionate embrace. Yea, maybe he was a little older, but she always had a thing for older guys.

Suddenly, she had an idea.

"I'll do these self-defense lesson," she said, tying her hair up into a pony tail, "If you let me teach you how to dance." She grinned. "Formal, ball room dancing... See, daddy may not let me be in ballet recitals anymore, but he can't say anything if I entered in a couples' dance competition with my out body guard."

Daemon smirked at her a little as he looked her over, tilting his head to the side."No, not really, but since I'm teaching, I get to ask all the dumb questions first time teachers get to ask."He sulked a little before shrugging."besides, no woman should have to rely on a man to save her. I don't want you to be a master at krav maga or jitit-su but I want you to be able to defend yourself until I can get to you, if you ever find yourself in a solution like you were tonight."He scowled a little before stopping. Staring at her.
Surely she hadn't....

"....I don't dance."He frowned, lamping down on the desire to squirm. He was 31 years old for fucks sake, he was not going to act like a teenager asked on his first date to prom no matter how good looking the girl he'd be pressed up against was. nope. Definately not.

"I think I made the situation pretty clear," Teddy taunted, crossing her arms over her chest. "I participate in... this, if you let me teach you how to dance. Your call." She smiled a little, knowing that she had him pinned - So easy. "After all, it's not like my father is going to force me to take self-defense lessons from you. He doesn't force me to do anything, he just refuses to allow me to do thing I like. Big different. But you - you are my loop whole. I can't believe I didn't think of it before... It's genius, and you are my first guard under the age of 50, so it works."

"I would also be a much easier charge to work with from now on, that's for sure," she said, rocking back and forth on her feet, hands clasped behind her back.

Daemon glared at the smiling girl, the clenching of his jaw saying he was grinding his teeth, and it was probably amazing he wasn't doing himself some kind of damage. Growling at her a little he tilted his head, before his fae showed resigntion, resigning himself to the fact that he was going to learn to dance."Fine.But not tonight. Tonight I'm going to let you beat me up, so you can stop being angry over not defneding yourself earlier."He sighed stepping towards her, gently shoving her,"Come on. Attack me."He grinned, the man really was nuts. He enjoyed fighting, with anyone it seemed. "You know you've wanted to try and beat my head in from the time I nearly left you in the airport. Admit it."he grinned taunting her.

Teddy looked thrilled, grinning from ear to ear. Finally. It was going to be great, and she was going to love teaching this huge man to dance. He had the look, that was for sure, but she was going to have to teach him grace. However, she wasn't worried. She prided herself on the fact that she was a good teacher. She even taught one of her maids to do the waltz for her wedding.

"Wh-what? Attack you?" she said, biting her lip. She studied him, her body tensing at the idea. He was right. From the moment he denied her a cheeseburger, she wanted to punch him so hard, his head would spin. "Fine. I kinda want to beat your head in."

After taking a deep breath, Teddy looked him dead in the eyes (and considering she didn't have the leverage to get a good punch to his face), she aimed her fist straight for his stomach.

Daemon grinned looking amused at her reaction."Yea, attak me."He smirked wathing her, relaxing as he watched her throw the punch, slouching slightly as he took the blow with a grunt. "For a girl, that was a good punch."He said smirking slightly before running his fingers through his hair."But don't aim just to hit me. I learned a important lesson the first time I threw a punch."He smirked a little wider."Your true goal isn't just hitting me, its putting your first five inches past where you hit. Follow through with the punch instead of just falling back."He said before turning moving towards the punhing bag."Watch.I'll show you."He said even as he lashed out, not just punching the thing but twisting his whole body into it, lending more power to the punch then just his arm muslces.

Teddy bit her lip, watching as his muscular body flexed with the powerful force of his hit. Wow... She could hardly take her eyes away. "Okay. Follow through. I think I have it," she said, getting ready to hit him again. She motioned for him to get back in place before her expression went serious. This time, she hit him in the stomach with a little more force, attempting to do when he taught her. It was a little weird to be hitting someone, something she had never done before. She was afraid she was going to really hurt him, but then yet, she was also sure his abs would protect her wimpy punches.

"How was that?" she asked, tilting her head to the side. She massaged her punching hand a little bit, feeling it become sore from hitting his hard stomach.

Daemon smiled a little as he moved back into place,biting the inside of his lip to keep from laughing out loud. She looked so intent on doing exactly what he had told her to do. "Better. Though you are on a better starting point, since you do dance.Wont have to work as hard to build up muscle."He said watching her for a moment before sighing. "I don't have any gloves. But we could go out tomorrow morning and get some. It'll stop your hand from getting as sore."

Teddy smirked a bit and tilted her head to the side. "Very well," she said, "Then let's continue this tomorrow night, when I have a glove." She slowly started to head her way toward the stairs. "But in the morning? You are having your first dance less, after you take me on that run you promised." The expression on her face said that she was a girl that was used to getting what she wanted, and despite how much she was sure he hated it, he managed to fall in her trap. As for tomorrow, he was going to be her new dance partner, whether he liked it or not. "Goodnight, Daemon," she sang, jogging up the stairs before he could refuse her.

Once up stairs, Teddy had one of the maids draw her a bath. She really needed to soak out some of the tension from being on a plane this morning... Settling in the tub, she closed her eyes and was surprised to see Daemon in her vision... She had to admit it, he was a very good looking man.

Daemon ground his teeth at the memor of what going to to come next before nodding."Goodnight."He said trying very hard not to sulk at the reminder that he was going to be having to dance. He was perfectly capble of dancing. Reminding himself of that thought he headed upstairs for bed.

In the morning Daemon walked downstairs, heading for the kitchen. Having made a bargain with the servants, they could have the mornings off, he'd take care of breakfast, as long as they were taking care of the rest of the meals. Fixing a light breakfast of bacon and eggs he glanced up at teddy as she walked in."I didn't' know what you liked. So I just made something easy."He shrugged a little glancing away from her as he got a plate of food for himself. He hadn't spent alot of time with women, at least not warrior women, so he was so very awkward now that he was pretty much living alone with one.

Teddy headed down the stairs in a similar outfit that she had on last night - tight, black workout pants, a sports bra, and an unzipped jacket. She watched him fix breakfast with confusion, wondering where their maid was. "Ah, you cook?" she said, sitting down at the bar in the kitchen. She was more of a smoothie kind of gal, but she was will to scarf down the breakfast he made if it kept him from skipping dance practice. "So are you married?" she asked, tilting her head to the side. After all, she assumed a man as handsome as him would have a girl around. Maybe she stayed home while he traveled - poor girl. "I'm only asking, because dancing causes us to be pretty close... I don't want some bat shit crazy girl running in and trying to pull out my hair."

Looking down at her phone, she sighed. Typical. Her father wouldn't be with her at the new house for at least a week.

"I do."He said shadows darkening his features for a moment before he shook it off. "I get up to early, and eat at odd enough hours, I felt badly for asking the maid to cook for me."He shrugged carelessly before glancing at her."If you want something else I can make it."He said after a moment before snickering at the idea of having someone waiting for him. The last woman he'd tried to have a relationship, had tried pulling his liver out through his nose, and that'd only been because he'd knocked her over. Snorting in laughter, because Elena Danvers was bat shit crazy, but didn't care about him like that. Though he might get in contact with her now that he was state side again.

"No. Definately no girl going to pull out your hair. Though if you do any good with the defense thing, I might see if my friend Elena's in town. She's about your size, and patient enough to help teach."he said before pausing tilting his head, seeing her look."What is it?"

Teddy frowned and leaned her head on her hand. "My father," she grumbled, "I don't know why I thought he might not work as much now that we are back in America, but I was wrong. He won't even be settling into the house for another week, and that's probably an exaggeration. My father favors living out of hotel rooms while hired help is forced to keep me company." She slid off the bar stool and moved over to the fridge, grabbing a bottle of water. The irritation was clearly displayed on her face.

"Well, you being single will help with things," Teddy murmured, trying to get her mind off of her father. "And my boyfriend has a hectic schedule. Not sure when he will be able to drop in next." She shrugged a bit. "I'm going down to the gym to warm up." With that, she headed down stairs and began to stretch on the floor.

"I've discovered that dipolmats tend to be more busy here then when stationed elsewhere. Something about kissing congress's ass to keep their jobs and all."He said rolling his eyes though there were shadows and pain in his eyes before glancing at her as he shook off the feelings again. It seemed she was bringing out the worst in him. "Well, it could be worse you know. You could have ended up with another guard unwilling to dance with you."He pointed out.

Watching her head downstairs he sulked as he finished his breakfast before hanging into pair of sweat pants and a light under armour t-shirt, watching her warm up before stretching out himself before getting up when they were both done."What dances are you planning on torturing....I mean, teaching me with?"He corrected with a slight smirk.

Teddy pushed herself up off the floor and put her hands on her hips. "We will start with a waltz," she said, "I was up late last night, thinking about our number... I want to do something a bit theatrical, but stay with me, because I think it will help you." She had her hands up in defense, not wanting to him to argue just yet. She had really put a lot of thought into their dance. "Of course, you have to learn the basics before out routine, but I want you to get a visual in your head. A lot of people forget that when someone is dancing, they are portraying a character."

"Now, our routine," she said, moving over to the stereo on turning on the whimsical music. It was graceful and light, but it was haunted by darker beats that suggested danger. "You are a warrior - one of the strongest in the world. You have to leave for battle in the morning, and you are leaving your lover behind. She's in denial of your departure, and you are having to say your goodbyes and your "I love you"s, but you are also having to remind her of the danger ahead. You have to give off a dominant vibe, because in reality, you are trying to scare her into not trying to follow you."

Stepping up to him, she looked up into his eyes. He was a lot taller, obviously, but it was perfect. It would help him stay in character. "Okay, take my hand," she murmured, holding his right hand while placing his left hand at her waist. "Don't look at your feet. Look at me, okay? And remember, you are leading. Everything is in your control, which should come naturally to you, considering I sense a 'control freak' vibe." She raised her eyebrows at him, helping him sway to the music so he could get used to the beat.

Daemon slipped a hand into hers, looking thoughtful s he tilted his head to listen to the musis. Looking thoughtful and pleasant as he listened to the music.He hted to admit it but it seemed like she did a good job of choosing a song for them."Hmm,I'd be flttered if I thought I really was one of the strongest."He said hiding his laughter before swallowing hard.

"I am not a control freak.I just like knowing what's going on."He said not about to admit to the fact that he was indeed a ontrol freak, beause it was easier to tell what was going on, if he knew exactly what to expect and when to expet it. AFter a unsurpring and haoti childhood, the man ws a control freak to the point of obsessive.

Back
Top Bottom