Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Protection of a Different Kind ((Lady and Blair))

Blair1216

Pulsar
malibu2_levenrambin-3431.jpg

Theodora "Teddy" Cassadine had been raised by nannies, boy guards, and maids her whole life. Giving credit to her father would be an exaggeration, because with his busy political career and lively social life, he was rarely around. Sure, she went to the best schools, lived in lavishly adorned houses and attended events that normal people could only dream of... But deep down, the girl was lonely. She craved acceptance and lover from her diplomat of a father, but it was too much to ask. He always told her to be grateful for what she had.

Saying Teddy was stubborn was an understatement. Considering she had been raised with a silver spoon in her mouth, she was not used to the word "no". All her body guards from the past had catered to her every emotion she needed, so she assumed that her newest guards would be just the same.

After arriving in America, Teddy was immediately left alone in the airport. Well, not alone. She had a few security officers that her father had paid off to stay with her, but he had to go straight into a meeting. After all, they had not been back to the country Teddy was born in since she was ten, and he had a lot of catching up to do thanks to the new change in location.

Sitting in a chair, Theodora was dressed in designer dress, heels, and a cream colored pea coat in order to brave the New York winter. Her long hair was down and wavy, pinned down by a fashionable knit hat. Her lips, which she always got complimented on, was coated with a creamy red lipstick.

Checking her watch, she sighed. How long was she going to have to wait before being taken to her new house?

tumblr_m6thpmY4yu1racxkfo1_1280.jpg

Daemon Sadi wasn't what anyone would call a pleasant man to be with, in any sense of the word. Well, okay, so some women enjoyed his company for the finely honed body that was as much as a weapon as the guns, or knives, but Daemon had long ago severed the ties that kept him tied to a normal sort of life. And he despised the rich spoiled brats who he had to babysit day in and day out, but when their fathers were the ones paying his bills, he could live with it. Because the few times his charge was actually in danger, made his blood sing.

Daemon Sadi lived for the thrill of battle, for the heart stopping sense of danger. And after the marine had been discharged from the us Marine Corps, he hadn't been able to find a normal job. So he'd let his CIA contacts make his choices, allowed them to train him into being one of the more secret weapons in the spook office's bag of tricks. A mercenary working on american soil, the public would lose their minds. But his current assignment interested him because it wasn't something he'd done recently, babysitting on american soil. He hadn't babysat anyone since the last time he'd gone to to europe, following after a spy who'd needed more help then he thought.

Shaking his head to clear the thought the man frowned slightly as he glared at the crowd through the dark lenses of his ray-benz sunglasses, he headed for where he'd been told to pick up his charge. Looking more like a business man then a body guard in the armani suit he was wearing, but there was no doubt that there was a shoulder holister under the flattering lines of his suit jacket, or there were more knives hidden somewhere.

"Ms. Cassadine?I am Daemon Sadi"he said as he approached the oyung woman checking her watch,"I am sorry to keep you waiting, your father had a last minute instructions for me."He said, full lips curling up a little into a smirk showing what he thought about her father's thoughts on trying to boss the mercenary around, treating him like he didn't know what he was doing. They'd eventually have words, but he'd keep the peace for now.

Teddy looked up at Daemon, and it took her a moment to register what was going on. She could not remember the last time she had a body guard that... hot. Swallowing, she shook her head and stood up, leaving her bags on the floor for him to get. "I just want to get home. I have crazy jet lag," she murmured, rubbing a hand over her face. "Is the new place far from here?" She crossed her arms over her chest, the cool air from an open door making her shiver. She hated planes, and air ports... and traveling in general. In fact, as good looking as the new guy was, she even missed her last guard. He was older, but sweet and gently and made up for her father's lack of nurturing skills. This new guy looked like he had an edge, and she didn't know what to think about that. "Actually, I'm really hungry. Let's stop at a fast food place on the way." She talked to him like she always talked to a guard, never asking, just telling.

"Its a few miles. And I'm not stopping for fast food, I have dinner waiting for us back at the house."He said, because he'd been staying there for a few days to familize himself with the new house, so he'd gotten used to the maids and severants there. Bending down he picked up one of the bags, shifting it to his left hand, leaving his dominate hand free in case he had to go for a weapon."let's go Ms. Cassadine."He said standing there, waiting for her to go. While he wasn't as smoothly polished or nice as most bodyguards, he knew that he was expected to at least pretend he cared that she was supposed to be in charge of him. Not that he really thought she was, but he was willing to let her dillusion of power stand. At least for the moment.

After a few moments he started to walk away, though he was very aware of what was going on around them, he made it look like he had every intention of leaving her there if she didn't follow. It would do her well to realize he wasn't going to be treated like a servant who lived for her every whim. The sooner she realized it, the sooner they'd all get along better.

Teddy's eyes drew into narrow slits. "I didn't ask for dinner to be served at home, I asked for a burger," she snapped, watching him pick up her bags. Why wouldn't anyone just let her eat some fucking fast food?! Her father had forbidden it, but her past guards always got it for her... This was going to be as unpleasant as ever. Of course, she still had a little power in the situation. One comment to her father and he would be replaced. Simple as that... or so she thought. She had no idea he was not just a normal guard, but someone of importance - someone much more powerful than she was used to dealing with.

She watched him walk off, her expression dumbfounded. What the hell was he thinking? She waited him out for a few moment, until he got to the door, then her heels could be heard clacking against the tile after him. "Excuse me? Are you confused on how this job works?" she asked, pouting a little as she watched him put the bags in the limo. "You can't just leave me alone, asshole. It's your job to protect me, and I'm pretty sure my father pays you a fat check to do so, not to make sure I have a healthy dinner." She slid into the limo with a huff. He may be hot... but that was the only things she was impressed by.

"Well, dinner's being served at home princess, so you can either eat or go without."Daemon said, not realizing that she'd been forbidden from eating it. It was his own personal preference for health food, or at least not the greasy fast food, that had him not wanting to stop for fast food. Smirking to himself as she caught up to him, he turned his head as he pushed open the door and put her bags into the limo before looking at her. Studying her behind the reflective lens of his glasses.

"There's three gunman by the doors, two women who are carrying knives, and there was 12 feet between me and you before you caught up. I'm perfectly capable of neutralizing any threat at that distance before you were hurt, princess."He said pulling open the limo door. "Now get in."He ordered waiting until she obeyed before getting in after him, leaning back in the seat as the driver headed for the house. Despite the suit on that long lean body, he wasn't comfortable in it, he was so going to change. And being forced into a suit by her father just to meet teddy, was making him even more abrasive then normal.

"Stop. Calling. Me. Princess," Teddy snapped, crossing her legs and looking out the window. She was not going to give him the satisfaction of seeing her take in his body. He looked so good in that suit, and she could tell he'd look even better wearing nothing at all... "I hate when people call me that, so back off." Princess was always her least favorite nickname - it was what all the kids used to call her at her little private school when she was younger, among other things. Sometimes being daddy's princess came with a price, and it was isolation.

She was impressed with his skills, she had to admit, but that didn't mean she had to tell him that. So instead, she looked like she was not impressed at all. When they got to the house, she walked in and was greeted to a nice smell of roasted chicken and potatoes. Well, at least it smelled good... Sitting down, she had the maid bring her a glass of wine. It was quiet in the huge house, but she was used to it. She spent about seventy-five percent of her life alone with servants.

"Fine."Daemon said simply looking over at her, shrugging his shoulder slightly. It made no difference to him what he called her. When they got to the house he took her bags up to her room before heading for his own room and changed. Quickly changing into the cargo jeans and form fitting work out shirt, he headed downstairs. Settling at the table he sighed softly, smiling at home good the food smelled."Thanks you Maria. it smells amazing."The bodyguard said smiling at the maid as she brought both of them wine, settling in to eat.

Glancing over at the girl he studied his charge. He wasn't so much for the talking thing, but he could make the effort. And he wanted to know more about her, espiecially why her father had upgraded her body guard and hired him. He knew his price tag, his services didn't come cheap."Tell me about yourself."He said smiling at her."Please."he added to soften the command, into a question.

Teddy looked the man over, chewing a piece of chicken. Swallowing it down with a gulp of wine, she shrugged. "I'm sure you know everything you need to know," she said, avoiding personal answers. It was obviously the girl had a guard up. "I'm an only child. It's just me and my father. I rarely spend more than six months in a single country, so don't worry about having to deal with me much longer." She rolled her eyes a little and started to push her food around her plate with her fork. "I take college classes online now because he doesn't like me in such public places anymore, but he doesn't tell me why. I'm assuming that is where you come in, because I can already tell he paid a prettier penny for you than my past guards."

"No, sadly, you have to put up with me longer, p-Ms. Cassadine. I get to travel with you. Since he did pay a prettier penny as you said, my time is worth staying with you."He said a smirk playing at his lips as he considered her words. "While I did know that, it is always good to hear it from the actual person your guarding. Sometimes the way things are said make all the difference. And I'd hate to have that difference bite me in the ass."He said shrugging a little, willing to talk about whatever she wanted."Do you do anything else?Like running or anything that requires outside activitiy?"He asked, trying to plan his day.

Teddy smiled as the maid brought dessert, happy that her sweet tooth was about to be satisfied. Immediately, she began to dig into the small piece of chocolate cake that she was given. Apparently, they didn't get the "health food" memo yet. Thinking for a moment, she nodded. "I jog," she said, "It's a habit I haven't been able to break since my dancing days." She smiled a little at the memory. She loved ballet, and did it all the way up until about a year ago. Her teachers used to tell her that she was really going places, but due to the new dangers that her father's career had brought on, she had to quit. He explained that having her on stage in front of hundreds of people who potentially wanted to bring revenge down on him was not safe.

Daemon frowned slightly as he ate his own dessert, trying to decide what to do. While he knew it wouldn't please her father, he had orders to resrrict her to the house as much as he could, but he could do this."Then I will go out and find a good course to jog in the mornings."He said pushing a bite around the plate for a moment before glancing up at her. "And if you want to jog, your going to have to put up with me going with you, so don't bother protesting."he said not about to listen to her whine about him inviting himself on her jog, and putting a end to her protests before she could even think to make them.

Teddy raised her eyebrows a bit, surprised about his willingness to let her out of the house. She let out a puff of air from her nose. "Fine," she murmured, taking her last bite of cake. "I asked my father to make sure there was a dancing studio in the house. Did he actually comply this time?" She looked up at him, expecting him to say no. Her father had something against her dancing, probably because it encouraged her to want to branch out - something he didn't ever want her to do. However, she hoped that maybe he'd let her practice in the safety of their home, especially with her new guard around.

"Well. It's not a dancing studio,per se. It's a gym. Though I guess if you moved all the equipment to one side you could use it as a dancing studio."he said his nose wrinkling a little at the idea of using the usual male area of a training gym be used for something as girly as dancing. Not that he'd ever admit to trying dancing once. It'd been a castrophe that should never be repeated. Though he had enjoyed watching the women around him dance as he made a fool of himself. Yes, watching those taunt slender bodies da...he shook his head a little to clear his thoughts before nodding. "I picked out the house, so you have a pool, a 'dancing' studio, and a basketball court. Though the basketball and pool are outside."He said, his choices in activities making it very obvious on how he stayed in shape

Teddy tilted her head to the side, quite impressed with his ability to pick out houses. Something told her he had done this before... "Can you help me move the equipment?" she asked, looking up at him sheepishly. Before he could say no, she jumped up from the table. "Great! I'll go get changed." She grinned, giving him that winning politician smile she inherited from her father, and trotted off toward her new bedroom to put on a pair of tights, a mid-drift tank top, and a pair of her dance shoes. When she came back, her blond hair was pulled up into a loose pony tail, obviously eager to get some dancing in before bedtime.

"....your welcome."Daemon said to the empty air, for a moment looking confused because he hadn't even had a chance to say he would. Not that he would have efused. She'd asked after all, instead of ordering him to do it, and he wasn't anything but pleasant and helpful.....yea, okay so he knew that he wasn't, but he could pretend. And life would be more pleasant if she thought he could be to. Looking her over for a moment he smiled before leading her downstairs to the studio he tilted his head at the house long studio, that had floor to cieling mirrors, and enough work out equipemnt in it to make a marine team very very happy. TIlting his head at the open end of the gym he smiled,"if you get the weights and just set them to the side I'll work on moving the rest."He said already starting to drag the bigger stuff to the sides.

Teddy looked a little unsure about him asking her to move the weights, but she wasn't going to push it at the moment. She was to excited to dance, and she didn't want him backing out before he moved the bigger equipment. With a sigh, she moved over to start moving the weights over to the other side of the gym, then skipped over to the music player in the corner. She hooked her Ipod and began to do her stretches. "Where are you from?" she asked out of curiosity, "Most of my guards came out of England." Sitting in the splits, she began to reach for each foot, stretching as far as her slender body would allow.

Daemon paused tilting his head as he listened to the music before turning on the treadmill and starting to run. Despite the ground eating trot he was doing, his voice was soft and barely showing the strain of running. "Definately not england."he smirked a little."I'm american, though I spent the first 10 years of my life in Cambodia, then the next ten in russia before returning state side."He said dark curls growing damp with sweat. Not so much for the work out but the thought of his family and what had kept them moving for so long. He avoided thinking about his family and the reasons for such moving if he could absolutely avoid it. He was so not going to delve into his past with his father with this girl.But even such a innocent question of where he was from brought up memories of death and blood.

Teddy continued to do her stretches -trying not to give his amazing body a good looking over- and nodded to his answer. It was a little enlightening to hear someone admit to having a childhood all over the map like her own. "I was born here," she said, "When my mother died, my father decided to take an opportunity that would cause him to travel, and since I was his only family, he chose to have me come along. I feel like I've been every where... The longest I've been is France, which was four years - my highschool years." She shrugged a little and turned to the music box, turning it to a new song before going to the middle of the floor. Immediately, she started to go into a flowing ballet routine with a mix of acrobatics. The girl was very talented - talented enough to be with a well-known company. She moved across the floor with grace, doing flips and tricks, and showing an immense amount of flexibility.

"I like frane. Though I've only visited, never lived there."Daemon sid looking thoughtful as he rn before turning off the treadmill and moving on to the weight lifting. Finding it odd to have someone in the room with him as he worked out. Even before he'd arrived her he had been in Russia with Nikolai-his best friend and former spy- so they really hadn't had time to go over and do the guy thing of working out together. But glancing at her every once in awhile made his heart ache, even if he was ignoring the reasons, because she was talented. Adn that kind of talent should have been on stage. Shaking his head a little as he sat up he smirked slightly,watching her. "Did your father say that you couldn't take dance lessons or something, or just not go out for them?"

Teddy turned toward him, a few blond strands of hair coming down to fall in front of her flushed face. "He said I couldn't perform," she admitted, looking a little sad even if she tried to hide it. Tucking her hair behind her ear, she began to go back into her turns. She was happy when she danced, and it was one of the few things that did that for her. Of course, her father saw her being on stage as a threat to her safety. He had no idea what kind of damage he was doing to the young woman by sheltering her so much. She'd never even been on the town, in a bar, to an amusement park... And now the one thing she was supposed to be able to do (the one thing that kept her linked to her dead mother), was being taken away.

"Hm.Okay."Daemon said frowning thoughtfully. Staring at the mirrors he looked at himself, not really seeing himself, but seeing the whisp of a girl his mother had been. Seeing what his father had done to her...shaking his head a little to take a detour off memory lane, he glanced at the girl he was currently looking after before running his fingers through his hair. Feeling out of sorts and even more abrasive then normal because of the memories this girl dragged out he stood, "I'm going to go shower, then think about rearranging the library. I'll be upstairs if you need me."He said already heading for the small bathroom off the gym, and within moments she could hear the shower being turned on.

Teddy watched him leave for a moment, her eyebrows furrowed with curiosity, then went back to dancing. She loved to dance, because it was the only thing that had her whole heard... He seemed to understand that, even if he didn't say it in so many words.

That is what inspired her to do what she did next.

Packing a small duffle bag of necessities, Teddy silently headed out of the house while he was still in the shower. While she was still in a new city, with a new guard, she was going to take her chance and run. She's walk to the bus stations, which was a few blocks a way, and buy a ticket to L.A. She's audition for some dance teams, and she'd live out her dreams. No more of her father holding her back... She was getting he hell out of there, and before she had a chance to get attached to her new house and handsome guard.

She made it five blocks before it started to get pretty a dark (a very creepy), and Teddy was starting to get nervous. Her bad was pressed tightly to her side, and she kept her eyes forward, even as she heard comments being thrown her way by scary looking men. She was determined not to run back, because this was the first time in her whole life that she was being left alone - No one was there to make sure she didn't fall.

Daemon stepped out of the shower, anger shining in his eyes as he realized that his harge wasn't at home. Bloody hell. She was going to make life diffiult, even if he understood the reasons for her chaffing at the bonds that bound her, he wasn't about to leave her alone. Snarling in anger he quickly thought over everything and realizing she was on foot did the sensible thing, and slid behind the wheel of the car and backed out of the garage.

While he knew that leaving her on her own was probably a bad idea, he was going to let her go. Because he was going to scare the shit out of her enough to make her want to stay in for awhile. Pulling into the bus station he got out of the car, leaning against the trunk as he smoked a cigarette, watching the girl coming up the street. Having gone out of his way by not taking the obvious shortest way to the bus station, he gave her the illusion of being on her own, without actually leaving her on her own. Despite looking casual leaning there, there was a tense awareness that said the moment the men that were watching her were doing more then looking, he'd be off like a shot to deal with them.

Teddy headed to the ticket booth, buying a one-way ticket to L.A. It didn't leave for another hour, but she didn't care. She'd wait four hours if it meant she'd get to leave for California that night. However, she needed to go to the bathroom before she got on a bus for that long of time... Heading to the ladies room, she did her business and walked out to wash her hands. As she was drying them off with a flimsy paper towel, the door opened. Her eyes glanced toward the bathroom door, and to her surprise, it was a man - a gruff looking man that was at least six feet tall and three hundred pounds. He also looked like he had not brushed his teeth in three years.

"Uh, this is the ladies room..." Teddy murmured quietly.

He grinned and stepped closer to her, his knife coming into view. She gasped and backed into the far wall, fumbling for her purse so that she could get her pepper spray that her father bought her. No use. The purse dropped to the ground and spilled its contents, making her panic even more.

"No, please, sir..." She whimpered, but he moved forward and pressed her body against the wall.

"Sugar, if you be quiet, I'll make this a lot easier for you..." he whispered in a raspy voice. She heard his zipper go down, and she let out a scream.

Back
Top Bottom