Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Come Home (-CN & Frelance)

-CN

Planetoid
Name:Keirington(Keri)Call
Lillia(Lilly)Call
Lilly-3

STARTER:
"Lilly, baby, come here. Its time to leave mommy's gotta stop by the store before go home and get packed up." Keri said softly as she picked up her three year old daughter. It was time to leave the park . The small girl frowned softly the small glimmer no longer visible in her beautiful hazel eyes. Lilly was beautiful just like her mother having long brunette tresses only difference was she was just like her father adventurous and curious. "Mommy can we buy the teddy grahams again i liked those." Lilly said softly as she played with her mother's hair. "Yes baby but only for the trip, if you eat to many you'll have nightmares." She said kissing her daughter on the forehead. Keri was only 21 and hadn't even come close to finishing school. She'd been taking classes online but that just didn't seem to be enough to support her and Lilly. She was behind on her house payments and bills as well. Even her full time job wasn't enough. Keri being so young could only get a job as the person that cooked meals at the hospital definitely not enough to support her and her only daughter. Keri sighed as they got to the car she set Lilly down and opened the door. It was a bit chilly out and seeing Lilly in her pink coat and chocolate boots put a smile on the young mother's face. After she started the car getting it warmed up she strapped Lilly into her car seat and got in herself and made her way to the nearest grocery store. She unbuckled Lilly and they went in together hand in hand. The first thing they picked up were the teddy grahams and some of Lilly's favorite cookies. Oreos and oatmeal raisin. She also bought some juice boxes for Lilly in case Lilly's biological father didn't have any. When they waited in line to check out Keri's thoughts began to drift to Lilly's father. She left three years ago so that he'd never see Lilly. Keri...Kerington at the time was scared that he might not want her or Lilly if he found out. She couldn't let Lilly feel unwanted by anyone. Lilly was one of the sweetest, prettiest, girls you could ever meet and she was very intelligent she could read and talk to her mommy without stuttering, well with words she knew of course. All in All anyone that met her loved her. The sound of the scanner beeping snapped Keri out of her trance. After everything was in the car and packed and payed for they made their way home to pack and get ready to take the train. Lilly had fallen asleep since they were due to depart sometime around 2. She got Lilly into the car and they boarded the train with Lilly on her mother's lap sleeping soundly. It was a long trip all the way back home. As the sun started to come up Lilly began to wake up "Morning sweety" Keri whispered softly into her daughters soft brown locks. Lilly only yawned and stretched.

After about another hour they arrived at the station Lilly was still sleeping and it was only 8:30 am. As she gathered their stuff she saw him looking around for them as if he was lost. Keri didn't tell him about Lilly. She walked to him and set the bags down "Hey.." she looked at Lilly and gently shook her and whispered. "Lilly baby wake up Daddy wants to see you." She smiled softly as their daughter woke in her arms "Daddy?" The confused little girl said as she rubbed her eyes. She put her daughter down and held her hand softly. Lilly stared at him and almost looked at him like he was a creepy stranger trying to lure her away from her mother. Keri sighed softly and looked at him. He hadn't changed a bit. Still the same guy with roguish charm and all. Still handsome. She looked at Lilly and smiled down at her gauging her reaction.

Character:
Jake Kyles

Jake had walked out of the station as the train pulled in realizing only afterwards that he was probably going to stand around looking lost until he could spot Keri. He couldn't help but smile with anticipation. She had contacted him after almost three years but he had not replied to her email for almost three days. He had wanted to reply but every time he sat down to write something he couldn't figure out what to say. Eventually he had forced himself to sit down and not leave him computer until he had written something. The email he sent have been short but the fact that he had finally replied made it easier for him to reply to her next email. When she had suggested she wanted to come up to see him he had excited for a chance to see her again. Now that he was waiting on the train station looking at her train he was starting to get nervous wondering if she had changed or if he had changed to much for her. The biggest thing was he didn't know how he was going to ask her why she had left. He had wanted to ask and had almost asked in a few of his emails to her but he had always held back. It was not something he felt like asking unless she was right there in front of him.

As the train stopped and the passengers started to disembark the train Jake stood up straighter and moved off to the side as other people came out of the station to great the passengers. When he didn't see her right away he looked down and checked his phone to make sure he was at the right train like he had been doing for the last hour ever since he had showed up early. Looking back up he caught a glimpse of Keirington stepping off the train but he almost missed her because she was carrying a child. He frowned and watched her for a few seconds to make sure it was her before he walked up to her. He was still smiling but his confusion was obvious. "Hi, Keri." He was about to ask about the child she was holding but before he asked he heard the girl's question. "Daddy?" He looked from the girl then back to Keri but he couldn't think of anything to say. He knelt down and looked at Lilly smiling at her the with the same smile he had given her mother the first time he got close to her. He had been entranced with Keri the first time he met her and now as he looked at Lilly he held his hand out to her. "It's nice to meet you. Did you enjoy the train ride?" He was still piecing things together but when he saw the eyes that he saw in the mirror every time he looked into one everything felt into place. He cleared his throat and looked up at Keri. "How old is she?" He already knew the answer but he needed to hear her say it.

She chuckled softly at his confusion. She had done a good job of keeping his daughter out of his life so far she guessed. She looked at him softly and wondered why she would even begin to think that'd he'd leave her for being pregnant with Lilly. She looked down and shrugged off those thoughts for the time being and kept an eye on the two of them. When he knelt down Lilly shyed away a bit moving closer to Keri hugging her leg as if it gave her protection. Keri looked at his hand and looked at Lilly's small frown. "Lilly baby look at me." She said softly as her young daughter looked up at her with that cute smile she always gave. "Daddy hasn't met you yet i promise he's really really nice. Go on and give him a hug baby." Keri smiled softly. Lilly noded and slowly but surely wrapped her arms around Jake's neck and hugged him with her small fragile figure. It made Keri's smile even brighter.  Seeing as how her father had been out of her life for all of her life Lilly was being very accepting of Jake even going as far to kiss him on the cheek. Her mother had taught her that kissing someone you love on the cheek means a lot to them. It shows you care for them in ways other than mommy and daddy love. All of it was going well so far Keri prayed that for the rest of the trip things continued to go well so that when they ventured back home Lilly would at least want to visit again sometime.

Little Lilly shrugged to answer his question." Ask mommy i was sleeping the whole time..but sometimes i waked up cause the train was being to loud and it hurt my ears." She finished as she put her hands over her tiny ears that were studded with gold. Keri chuckled and smiled nodding to confirm her story "Yes we did have a few sleep interruptions but we're here we're safe and ready for some breakfast...or at least i am." She finished. His question made her freeze for a moment and she sighed. She knew that he knew the answer by now and merely wanted to hear it for himself. She felt bad for keeping Lilly away but she didn't know what his reaction would've been so long ago. "She's three Jake...She's three..." she said quietly looking down at their daughter. She didn't want to look him in the eyes for fear they would hold anger or distress. Leaving was her only option three years ago or so she thought. She might have left for good and not even come to see him if Lilly hadn't reminded her so much of him.

Jake worked hard not to show any hurt when Lilly shyed away from him. It hurt even though he knew she didn't know him any better than he knew her. He lowered his hand and was going to stand up again not wanting to push her into anything until she was ready but he stopped himself when Keri started speaking to her. As Lilly wrapped her arms around his neck he put his arms around her back and closed his eyes and just focusing on holding his child. "Thank you. Its always nice to get a kiss from a beautiful young lady." He gave her a soft kiss on her forehead before letting go of her when he really just wanted to pick her up and hold her.

When he heard her answer his question he thought he heard some of her mouths voice in her words and his smile widened even. "Between you and me I think sleeping through a train ride is the best way to ride them." He felt bad for making Keri tell him what he already knew as soon as he saw her reaction to his question but he couldn't take it back and he felt like he needed to hear her say it. He followed her gaze and looked at Lilly wondering what he would have done if she had told him instead of just leaving but he didn't know what he would have done. He started to reach out to put a hand on her shoulder but he hesitated and bent down to pick up their bags instead. He didn't know if she would want his touch now. All the reasons he had imagined for her to contact him had never come close to this and now that he saw why she had come back he couldn't be sure if she had come back for them or to make sure Lilly knew who her father was. "Breakfast sounds good. There is a dinner near my place that makes some really good crapes. It should have opened an hour ago so we can go there. Unless..." He trailed off not sure how to ask if Lilly would want something else to eat instead. He looked at Keri still smiling but it was more of a mask he had used when he was trying to look like he was not trying to hide anything.

Lilly smiled at her daddy when he called her beautiful, there was so much of Keri in her it was almost creepy. She was little Keirington as some called her.  She could tell they had the same thing on their minds. It was Lilly, Keri felt so bad for basically hiding her from Jake. She just wanted to protect Jake and Lilly.  The thought of knowing that Jake wouldn't love her because of what their love made. She looked into his eyes and saw him hesitate. She knew him better than anyone and she knew that for a fact. He knew her like that as well. The tension continued to build up it was almost like he didn't know what she wanted from him. All she wanted from him was to be in Lilly's life if he couldn't be in hers. She had to admit that she missed his touch and she missed his warm hugs she missed everything about him. She missed those nights that she could just cuddle in his arms and feel completely safe. Or when they cuddled in the hot tub and shared a passionate night under the stars. she missed all of that and him.

"I've never been to a diner before daddy can we go can we go pleaseeeeee ill share my teddy grahams with you." Lilly pleaded softly with her dad as she looked up at him. She grabbed her bookbag and waited for his answer. When he stopped mid sentence Keri decided to pull him aside. She picked Lilly up and sat her on a bench "Baby stay here i have to talk to daddy." She walked over to him with Lilly nearby and looked at him. "I missed you so much." She said as she hugged him tight wrapping her arms around his neck. "I know you better than anyone Jake what are you hiding. Your really bad at hiding things. She saw through his false smile and realized it had to be important. He never hid things that weren't important. "Lilly come here." She said softly as Lilly came over and grabbed her mommy's hand. Keri still waited on an answer as did Lilly.

"We can go, just let me talk to your mommy for a minute then we can go and eat." He let Keri pull him to the side but kept an eye on Lilly as he listened to her. He tensed for a moment then relaxed and hugged Keri back before she pulled away. Now it was his turn to look down as he tried to figure out what to tell her. "I missed you too Keri, I just." He stopped and looked back up at her. "Are you hear for her or are you hear for both of you?" He gave Lilly a quick smile after he asked his question trying to make like of the situation. The last thing he wanted to do was upset her before they even left the station. He ran his hand over her hair brushing her cheek with his thumb before looking back up at Keri. "I'm sorry, look I am just confused. Its a lot to take in and I was not expecting this." He stopped trying to fact a smile but he didn't look miserable either. "Let go get something to eat and we can talk more at the diner. Alright?"

He had waited until Keri was ready before he lead them into the parking lot and over to a old but well maintained El Camino. It was the car he had kept a his parents place while they were dating because he had not had it up and running at the time. He set the bags in the back and gave Keri a sheepish grin. "If I drive safely do you think we can get away with not having Lilly in a car seat unless you packed one." He had unlocked the car as he spoke and opened the driver's side door. It was only then that he realized he had left his smokes on his seat and he quickly grabbed them not wanting Lilly to see them. He had stopped smoking before he met Keri and a year after she left he had started up again. He didn't want her to think she had caused him to take up smoking again but he guessed that she would.

After hearing his answer Lilly rejoiced and let them be. His question stung a bit. Its as if he had forgotten all the love they shared. It wasn't meant to be cold but that's how it felt. "I'm here for both of us..at first it was for Lilly because...because i didn't know how you'd react but seeing you all of these old feelings are coming back and i just...gah..i don't know alright I'm here for the two of us." she ran a hand through her hair and frowned softly. It was already complicated. How could such an easy plan turn into something so difficult. She was frustrated..mainly at herself. Most of this was her fault. "Alright we'll talk more at the diner i want answers and ill answer any questions." She said and went to grab Lilly off the bench. She grabbed the rest of the bags and Lilly's car seat. She followed him out and sighed softly as Lilly played in her hair. Lilly was so cute and so gentle it wasn't a shock to her mother but it was definitely nice. Sbe wondered what he drove nowadays considering that old car he had at his parents wouldn't even start up. All his talk of the diner had her wondering what was really going on...maybe..he didn't love her anymore. Maybe he had someone new. She didn't know if Lilly would like this or if she would want Lilly around her.

She laughed a bit at the sight of that old car. "Wow you fixed it up huh?" She said softly as Lilly got a good look to. She remembered when that thing wouldn't start at all and they'd walk to the movie theatre or the park and enjoy it. Keri shook her head and chuckled "No need i brought her carseat. Better safe than sorry." She said looking at her baby girl. After she set Lilly down she put the bags in the back and set up her car seat. She set Lilly in and got her all buckled and ready to go. When she was about to get in she saw his cigarettes. She looked at them with such pain. He had stopped smoking when they started dating as a promise to Keri..but she could see now that she was the reason he started up again. She felt even worse. She hoped Lilly hadn't seen them and prayed she'd never have to see her father smoke in front of her. His car didn't smell like ransid smoke it smelt like pine. She sat down and put on her seatbelt unable to wait for them to arrive at the diner. She had so many questions that needed answers it was killing her to find out.

"I understand. I will answer your questions once we get there." When he saw the car seat he blushed at bit and waited until she had Lilly strapped in before he got into the car and started it. "I fixed it up when I moved back into their place for a few months." Thankfully the dinner was only a few minutes away. Jake hated the silence as they drove but he didn't know what to say. He had tried to think of something to ask about Lilly but he couldn't think of anything that seemed relevant. He didn't know anything about kids he had been an only child so never had to deal with siblings.

When they got to the dinner he parked right outside. "Once you and Lilly are out we can put the bags in here. I still need to get a cover that I can lock over the back." He had never really needed to buy one but he had a feeling he might want to get one. Once everything was locked up in the cab of the car he walked around to Keri and Lilly. He walked with them into the dinner holding the doors open for them. The hostess recognized him and seemed to want to ask who was with him but he shook his head slightly and she just showed them to their seats. Jake looked at Lilly and Keri. "So with the crapes you can get jam, syrup, whip cream or fresh fruits with your crapes." Jake just laid his menu on the table and watched Lilly. He couldn't help but stare at her. "Uh, Jake do you just want the usual?" Jake snapped his head back to look at the hostess blushing and trying to not look to embarrassed. "Ya, the usual is fine thanks." She nodded and made a quick note then looked at Keri. "Do you want a few minutes to think about your orders?" She looked like she would much rather have been asking something else but she stayed professional which Jake prayed she would keep doing. The hostess knew him pretty well and he usually came alone so he understood why she would be curious.

Once they got in everything seemed to get a little tenser. She was holding Lilly's hand as they walked side-by-side. She looked around a bit , the diner seemed to be authentic and had a friendly atmosphere. She was going to ask him a question about the pictures on the wall and she looked at hik and he was shaking his head. Why was he shaking his head? And at whom? Her curiousity was peaked now. She wondered what was going on. Lilly looked at her daddy and caught his hand like it was a butterfly and she smiled up at him teeth and all. She saw a waitress staring at her daughter. "Lilly baby come back and hold mommy's hand we'll play later" She said softly in Lilly's ear so everyone wouldn't hear. When they took their seats Lilly started swiveling in her chair and her mother was making sure she didn't fall back and bump her little noggin. All she could think about was the way the waitress looked at little Lilly like she carried some hatred for the poor child. Her pink little dress and brown boots made her look even cuter. Her white and pink striped socks matched her outfit well along with her pink hair bow.

After Jake explained how you could get the special desert topped Lilly instantly spoke up. "I want mine with Chocolate syrup!! And whip cream! And strawberries!!" She said excitedly . Keri chuckled and smiled nodding. You can have all of that if that's what you want its a special breakfast day just for you i know i don't take you out much." Keri said her smile fading just a bit as she saw Jake staring at Lilly, it brought her smile back. When the waitress snapped him back to reality she looked at her for a moment. They must've been good friends while she was away if she was calling him Jake. Lilly was walking her tiny fingers on the counter making small sounds as she did so. It was cute and for her age she was well behaved. She wasn't bouncing off the wall or throwing things on the floor she was well mannered. When Keri looked up at the waitress she saw her facial expression showed something other than happiness. Keri instantly became angry because she knew what was going on. "I would like two crapes one with whipped cream and the other with whipped cream chocolate syrup and strawberries." She finished taking the orders and went on her way to the kitchen. "So you wanna tell me why she's looking at me and my child like we killed her family?" She asked Jake in an irritated tone. He didn't mention that he'd replaced her.

Jake sighed when he heard Keri's question. "She is nosey and probably feels perfective. Look a lot of stuff happed while you were gone and well I opened up to her a few times. I am just surprised she didn't come right out and ask you who you are." He sighed and reached behind and rubbed the back of his neck. "Look, she set me up with a friend of hers last year but things didn't work out." He looked at Lilly and smiled at her as she walked her fingers over the table. He looked back at Keri after making sure they would still have a few more minutes alone before he leaned forward and asked. "How have you been doing. Did you finish school or has that been put on hold?" He knew school had been important to both of them but he had seen more than a few classmates stop their education because of children before and he feared the same thing had happened to Keri.

He kept glancing over to watch Lilly even as he waited for Keri to answer his question. After a little over a minute he gave into his urge and walked the fingers of one hand over to Lilly and bumped his hand into her little hand.

Keri understood that she'd been gone for a long time, and yes things do change but that was still no reason for her hatred of the two when she hardly knew them. "If she had done so in a rude manner, i would have had to put her in check. And i would hate to be rude to someone in front of my daughter." Keri said softly not looking at him. It angered her that he would just let her do something like that, but at the same time she knew he had no control over it. "Well im sorry things didn't work out, somethings just aren't meant to be, of course you and i both know that." She said referring to her mysterious leave three years ago. "I'm doing my best to finish, its not exactly easy to do homework when your child is screaming because she's hungry. Or when you have to leave early to releive the babysitter. So i just decided to take online classes. It isn't as beneficial but, but its better than nothing i suppose." She said hardly wanting to discuss it. It wasn't Jake's fault, it was more or less Keri's for not telling him and for not staying if there was a chance that he would want Lilly 3 years ago.

Lilly giggled softly and pretended to eat her daddy's hand as if she were some big bad monster. Keri watched the two and chuckled shaking her head softly. They looked so happy to have finally met. Maybe Jake is what Lilly needed in her life. Every child needs both parents in their life. It isn't just aone person job raising a kid. Sometimes it takes the insight of others. So far Jake seemed like a good dad, but the realt est would come soon, and then Keri would really see if he would crack under the pressure and denounce his only daughter. Lilly would be crushed and in a way Keri would be too. She was doing this all for the sake of her little girl and if Jake didn't deliver things would not be good.

Jake chuckled as Lilly pretended to be a big monster eating his hand. He ran his other hand up and pretended it jumped onto Lilly's hand before turning his other hand over and starting to eat her hand holding it trapped there for a few seconds. "I think mine is a little to big for your now." He grinned at her then had his hands back off a few inches.

Looking over at Keri he still smiling. "Thank you for letting me meet her." He looked back at Lilly but he kept speaking to Keri. "I would love to say you shouldn't have left but honestly I don't know how I would have reacted if you had told me when you found out." He reached across the table and took Keri's hand. "Look, I wasn't there before but." He looked over at her. "I want to be in her life." Pausing he glanced over at the waitress before speaking again. "I know I should be acting differently but just give me a chance to get used to, all of this." He squeezed her hands reassuringly before letting them go reluctantly.

Lowering his voice a bit he added. "Between you and me she is a bit of a bi-" He caught himself before he finished the word and glanced at Lilly hoping she would not have understood that he had almost called the waitress a bitch. "Um, well you know what I meant so don't think I am going to take her side if you put her in her place."

He bit his lip for a second as he tried to think of a way to help her finish school but just ended up frustrated when he could only come up with one way to try and help but it didn't feel like he would really be helping. "Is there anyway I can help, not with school you were always the smarter one but I just mean in general. I can pay child care or whatever you call it." He didn't feel like he was doing anything right.

Lilly giggled and was determined to eat his hand. She smiled and put both of her small dainty hands over her daddy's larger ones and tried to pin them down. Keri watched and smiled at the two of them, Lilly was very competetive just like her mother, she had to win at any and all costs, and in Lilly's case she was gonna win even if she had to get her hand eaten a few more times. Keri looked at him and nodded when he thanked her for letting him meet Lilly. It was nice. She looked into his eyes when he said he wouldn't have known what to do, but she appreciated his honesty. When he took her hands she felt her cheeks heat up a bit, she was never nervous around Jake it was the other way around but not this time. "I can give you time, i just want Lilly to have her father in her life.
When he almost called the waitress a bitch Keri's eyes widened a bit but then she chuckled since he caught himself.

"Yes i know what you mean, it's good to know you'd be on my side."She said nodding. "No i can finish school, but if your going to be in Lilly's life i have to come back here. I have to find work again and find a school that'll have a flexible schedule for me." She sighed she didn't want Lilly to have to feel like and object of trade off, so this was the only way things would work.

Jake kept playing with Lilly by letting her pin his hands for a few seconds before snaking them from under her hands and then eating her hands again. After he had eaten her hands a few more times he let her keep one of his hands trap. He looked over at Keri as she chuckled even as he kept wiggling the fingers of his trapped hand. "I can always come and see you as well if that is easier than taking a train down here."

He fell silent as she started talking about coming back he wished he knew what she actually wanted. He leaned forward a bit before he spoke. "Do you want to come back? We can make it work if you and Lilly are comfortable where you are. I don't want to make this harder for you." He reframed from saying that he did not think he would be held here for too much longer. He decided to tell her that his mother had past away and his father was not doing too well later. They had enough between them already he didn't feel they needed to bring anything more into it right now.

The waitress came back then and Jake pulled his hand away from Lilly after quickly walking the fingers up her arms and tickling her neck. When she had put their orders on the table Jake turned to the waitress. "Emily, I want you to meet Lilly my daughter and Keirington her mother." He paused and smiled at Emily's shocked expression then added. "I just thought that knowing my help you focus on your work and not just our table." His voice never left a pleasant tone but the look in his eyes and the meaning of the words got to Emily. "Right, um nice to meet you both. Just let me know if you need anything else." She quickly turned and walked away trying not to look over her shoulder as she did so. Jake glanced at Keri to see her expression as he took a sip of his chocolate milk shake. His usual order ended up being a crepe with chocolate syrup and a variety of fresh fruits. He was not sure if he had done the right thing in telling Emily who Lilly and Keri were but he had felt that it was the only way to get her to stop staring at them.

The idea of him coming to see them as well didn't sound so bad, it would cut down on traveling costs and she could go to work no problem and wouldn't have to pay the babysitter if Jake could watch Lilly. "Hmm that doesn't sound so bad but i'll think about it. It seems like we both have a lot to think about over the next couple of days.." she softly with a sigh.

"Well i do kind of miss it here, and it would give Lilly a chance to see where her mother and father grew up. I mean i don't know if i can afford to move back right now, but i could certainly work on it, if you feel like visitations are spread out to much." She replied giving it more thought. She almost didn't want to come back, because Lilly had already made good friends with the girls at her pre-school and Keri didn't want to take that away from the poor girl. She sighed softly almost not wanting to face the fact that she was going to have to come to some sort of decision sooner than she would like. Jake wasn't pressuring her at all but she felt like if she didn't rush then she'd miss some huge opportunity down the line.

When Jake introduced them to the waiter Lilly looked at her and played with her own fingers. Keri looked at her and smiled directly in her face. "Pleasure." she said softly before whispering to Lilly to say hi to the waitress and not be rude. "Hi" Lilly said timidly but quietly. Keri fought back laughter as he suggested that maybe she could actually get some work done now that she knew who they were. As the waitress quickly turned Keri looked at Jake with a huge smile on her face and she shook her head "That was to funny." she said chuckling. "thanks for doing that, you didn't have to."

Jake chuckled but chocked it back when he was the waitress look back at them. "It felt right and I don't want to be the center of everyone's attention here." He fell silent as he thought about what she had said about the next few days. He thought about the price of a hotel for a few days and if she could not afford to move back right away then the last thing she should be doing is paying for motel room when she had somewhere she could stay for free. "Have you made reservations for a room already? I am sure dad would love to have you at the house and now that I moved out there is more than enough room." He thought that seeing Lilly and Keri might do his dad some good.

"If I have a problem with visitation then we can talk again. I am not going to argue there, you have the experience here." He started to roll up the crepe after spreading the toppings over it. Cutting it up he took a few bites. He watched Lilly as he ate and thought about what he had missed already. After a few minutes he looked away from her and cleared his throat as he focused a bit too much on his plate. "So um, how often would you like me to come up? I am working for an ad agency right now so my schedule is pretty flexible as long as I have a time to take the time off." He looked at Lilly again. "Is your food good because it looks really really good." He smiled at her then took a sip from his milkshake.

Keri nodded at his notice of how quickly attention might be caught. "Uhhh this is going to sound pretty stupid but i actually was going to ask if i could stay with you but since your dad has that room open...i..Jake i don't want to be a burden on your dad..." she said softly and looked over at Lilly. Lilly was devouring her crepe and she had strawberry sauce and whipped cream all over her face. Keri smiled and turned back to Jake." I think he'll like Lilly a lot. I just know she'll love his tricks and old funny stories." Keri smiled. She missed that about his dad. He was funny and always made Keri feel like she was a part of the family she felt right at home with Jake and his family. His mom was one of the sweetest women she'd ever met. Even when she and Jake were fighting, which happened rarely, She could trust his mom to be there for her when no one else was there for her. As her happy thoughts of the past drifted she wondered how his dad was doing and hoped that a pleasant surprise wouldn't give him a heart-attack!

"Well I'm definitely not going to keep Lilly from you." She said softly being as honest as she could possibly be. She wanted him to see their daughter and she wanted Lilly to be able to say that her daddy was the best in the world. Because in truth Jake was a good guy and had always been since the day they met. Keri wasn't hungry and asked for a to go box from another waitress. "All done mommy!" Said Lilly with a huge smile and a face covered in whipped cream and strawberry sauce. "Yes! It was really really good just like mommy's pancakes!" She said and Keri laughed. Her pancakes were okay."Alright baby go wash up and come right back." As Lilly ran off Keri waved him off "Don't worry about all of that for now. I just want to get settled in and make Lilly right at home. Its been a long ride. And I'm ready to hit the hay myself its still early but a nap would be nice! " Keri smiled.

She waited for Jake to get finished and she got Lilly ready to go to her grandpa's house. "Baby guess who we're going to go see? We're gonna go see grandpa! " Keri said as Lilly smiled and started to run toward the door. Keri smiled and grabbed her hand and waited for Jake to unlock the car and she got Lilly buckled and got in herself. It'd been a while since his dad had seen her. This was going to be a surprise for sure.

Back
Top Bottom