Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Country Neko (Yajirobe and Candira)

She smiled at him and his real verve for learning. A guy like him didn't deserve to have all the hassle. "I'm glad. I hope you like it. Turns out, I chose geology as my required science course. I hope we'll run into each other." She smiled and then pulled into the administration area's parking lot, putting up her little parking permit on her rearview mirror. When they were parked, she grabbed her stuff from the back seat. "Ready to go?"

Gato looked at the young woman, and smiled nodding his head as he thought about it. It would be really nice to have someone he knew in his class, and to have a friend as well. He wondered how classes would go, he was hopeful that they would be fun and interesting, but he knew very much not to count his chickens before they hatched as it were. He nodded his head as he got out of the car. The ride had been great, but now he was so excited about starting school, about being able to start on a path that seemed like a dream to him, and one he was so very excited about as well. "Well, um I think this place is really big huh," he mused looking around at the school."

Once they were out of the car, Nora locked it and hitched her bag over her shoulder. She smiled at him as he looked around. "Awww, you'll get used to it, Gato. It's a nice place. Not so big when you get used to it." She smiled and then took his hand, guiding him toward the administration building, not minding at all that she was so close. Besides, he needed a friend.

It was great to be able to walk with this woman. He enjoyed the simple fact that they had been able to spend time together. He paused stopping and looking at her as he took a deep breath putting a hand on her shoulder. He. Took a deep breath as he gather the courage he would need for the question that he had rolling in the back of his head at the moment. " Nora, um this may be forward but would you be up for well...going out on a date with me later?"

Gato's question took her a bit off guard. She hadn't really expected him to be attracted to her. Maybe it was because he was a neko and she wasn't? Whatever the reason for it, she was surprised. Still, he was so sweet about it. He was nice, despite his view on her breakfast foods. And somehow he managed to be charming. "Umm, well, sure. That would be okay, I think. When?" she asked, standing still now so they could talk without having to watch where they were going.

For Neko, he was really expecting to be turned down by Nora, he figured she was nice, but she would turn him down when he asked her out on a date. So when she accepted, it made him rather happy, which showed pretty much all over his face as he looked at her. He thought about the buildings that he had seen as they had come to the school. He didn't know the town, but there had to be one that would work better then others for a date. He had no clue which one, so he was going to take a guess based on the names of the places alone. "Well then, how about after we are both done with school, and then we can meet and go to the starlight cafe, that I saw on our way here," he suggested with a smile as he looked at Nora.

She blinked and smiled. "Sure. We can go there." Nora smiled and gave his hand a squeeze as she started walking into the administration building again. "Alright, I guess we should part ways here. Unless you need me to come with you?"

Gato looked at Nora giving her a warm smile and shook his head, "no, I am sure I can manage from here on in, thank you for everything, you have a wonderful and good heart Nora," he said to her with a smile as he leaned in close to her and gave her a kiss on her cheek. "Remember we meet her later, say 6 PM," he said as he turned and walked away from her. He had to get to work, and he had to get things set up.

Gato found his way around the school, really easy, it wasn't that hard, it was more compact then he thought it would be, and he was able to get everything the had to get done done. The best part of it was it went smoothly, no more being jumped, or having issues this day, no it was a great day, filled with new things, filled with having fun, and learning as well. He figured after one day, that he made the right choose by going to this school. Still he made sure for sure that he was at the spot to meet with Nora ten minutes early to be on the safe side and wait for her their.

She blushed a little when he kissed her cheek. Nora had been expecting a smile, maybe a wave or a hand-squeeze, not a kiss on the cheek. It was charming, if a little familiar. He'd only just met her the night before, after all. "Thanks. I'll see you here, then," she said, and took off. Their time was a little bit late, but then, he had a lot of work to do, and it was his first day. Plus, he had little orientation events to go to.

She hoped that Gato would be alright on his own. The thought of anyone on campus lashing out like the mob that attacked him on his way into town was simply bizarre to her. Nobody here seemed so closed-minded or cruel. But it was still possible that she'd find her new friend with fresh cuts and bruises, and that thought was very unappealing. So she said a little prayer in the back of her mind as she headed from class to class, participating in first-day discussions, collecting syllabi, and networking with other students. When she was finished for the day, it was three and she'd had lunch. She stopped for a little snack in the book store and purchased a few books she hadn't had because the professors had added them last-minute. She bought a pair of sweatpants for Gato that looked like they would fit him as a kind gesture. And until he got new clothes, he didn't have very much to wear. Her purchases in hand, she made her way to her car to stow her things and then decided to start reading.

She waited on a bench just outside the administration building, book in hand. Now and then she'd look up from her reading to glance at the time or see if Gato was coming early.

Gato was coming early and he saw Nora sitting on the bench waiting for him, seeing his new friend waiting for him, made him more happy then anything else he could think of at the moment. He was glad that she had decided to stick though and actually go out on a date with him. He wasn't sure how it was going to work out, but he would try his best to be his best most charming self while he was around Nora.

Gato walked up and smiled as he looked at her and sat down next to her, "Well how was your day, Nora, did you have a lot of fun, classes look good," he asked curious as he gave her a smile for a moment and then got to his feet, as he waited for an answer. He knew that small talk was always important, and he did want to learn more about Nora, so he could understand her better and so that he could figure out if she was the right one for him.

"So, the place was down the street just a bit, if I remember right, um, do you mind driving," he asked respectfully, he would have to walk, which would take a lot of time, and by the time they got there, it would be maybe to late for dinner even. He didn't have a ride, so the best choose of action to him, seemed to be to ask her to give him a ride to the restaurant place he had noticed and asked Nora on a date to that morning. He saw the bag and blinked for a moment, "so what did you get for yourself, new dress for classes?" he asked again very curious.

Nora looked up from her book as Gato appeared. He'd been far more quiet than the other students, so it was more that she sense someone was near than she heard anyone. She smiled as she saw him. Based on the chatter, she guessed that he was nervous. It was sort of sweet that he was nervous--though he really had no need to be. "Hello, Gato. My day went well, thanks. My classes were good. I needed a few books, so I got them, but this is for you," she said, holding up the bookstore bag. It wasn't really much, but it was the thought that counted, she thought.

"I think you'll be pretty happy it's not a dress," she said with a chuckle. Inside were the sweatpants she'd gotten for him. They were nothing really special, but they had the college logo and name on the leg, so why not?

"Sure, I'll drive us there. Wanna put your stuff in the trunk?" she asked, standing.

Gato looked over at the young woman and smiled, he was a rather emotion uppity person sometimes, and he always wanted to make a good impression on someone. He wanted to do so with Nora so badly, he was maybe working far to hard at it, but it was just whom he was. He nodded his head and smiled happily, the rather emotional neko walked with her as he was glad she had gotten for him a pair of pants he could wear around when he needed too. He laughed as well, he was really glad it wasn't a dress.

Gato nodded as he took his bag and put it into the car and then slipped into the car as well, "thank you again, um, how was your day, do you have interesting classes this year, any big surprise for you?"

Nora chuckled. "You don't have to be so nervous, you know. You've already asked about my day." She smiled and gave his shoulder a squeeze. "It was fine. No big surprises. Tell me about your day, though. Did things go smoothly?"

He turned a bit red as he remembered only after that he had asked about her day, he was nerves, he nodded his head, "thanks went smoothly, they were fun, I was able to see my teachers, they were all nice to me, and they gave me advice. Then the students were much nicer then the..group I ran into yesterday, so I think that things might turn up in good way," he said pausing as he looked over, "I can't really help being nervous, your just so beautiful, and well, I don't want to mess up or anything around you," he said softly blushing at his admission.

Nora hadn't been expecting that reaction. She blushed a little at his compliment and chuckled as they turned into the parking lot of the cafe. "You know, you don't have to be nervous. I took care of you when you were all beaten up. I think I've seen you at your worst, right? So don't worry about messing up, kay?" She parked and turned to look at him, reaching over to playfully scratch behind his ear. "Let's go, kay?"

Gato nodded his head and smiled blushing a decent bit as she playfully scratched behind his ear, he had forgotten somehow about that, and smiled as he looked at her, "you are to kind, you are something else, Nora," he said with a smile on his lips as he was somewhat caught up in the moment, he was so excited about this date with her, as well as having been nervous too. He was made no less excited by everything that happened that day too. Gato leaned forwards and kissed Nora right on her lips.

Nora blushed and froze for a moment. She hadn't expected Gato to kiss her. Then again, she hadn't really expected anything about Gato--including his appearance. When her mind unfroze, she returned the kiss. She kept it soft and light, breaking it after a moment. Her eyes were wide with surprise, and she wasn't really sure how to act now.

He looked at her and blinked as he could tell his move had very much caught her off guard, he smiled as he put his hand on her shoulder, "it is all good, lets get something to eat," he said with a upbeat positive tone to his voice which was pretty common for the young neko to be both of these things. He slipped out of the car and walked over and actually opened the door for Nora before she got out. He figured she had to be rather stunned by the turn of events that dealt with the kiss he had given to her. He then smiled softly at her as he offered her a hand to help her out of the car. He figured politeness and kindness were always the best way to go in any situation and in this situation the only path to take. "Well, I am still really excite, a date with a sweet, hot amazing person like you," he said a bit think of the compliments but still, he felt them come out of his mouth so naturally.

Back
Top Bottom