Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Country Neko (Yajirobe and Candira)

Silverknight

Pulsar
A job, a good school, a good future, a happy period in his time, this was all the things that Gato was looking forward to when he got to the big city. You see he had been accepted by a rather large and impressive college, for their art school based on his talents. He had lived his whole life as a country cat, one whom lived in a small house that the town was kind enough to provide to him as the only neko in the town, and as a orphan, whose mother's last wish, was for the village elders to watch out after her only child.

He walked tall, proud, something that wasn't going to happen, for to long. He was tall, around six feet tall, and naturally skinny as well. He walked, when he heard an argument, the argument spread to others around himself, and soon he found himself in the middle of it. He didn't realize what was going down, till he heard a comment about how Neko's were naturally criminals and bad.

He didn't know what happened next, if he was hit, or if he ran as fast as he could from the small mob that was chasing after him. Either way, he got the heck kicked out of him, the blonde haired, blue eyed neko with the light reddish brown neko years and tell, and his greenish yellow cat eyes, didn't look good he was sure, as he knew he needed to get help. He was weak and tired, he had to get help though. Gato walked up to the first house he could find and knocked, he had to hope that the person inside would be able to at least call for help.

Nora had been reading something for one of her classes when there was a rather urgent sounding knock at the door. The pretty redhead frowned, wondering who it could be. Her grey eyes glanced back down at the book she was reading to finish the sentence she was on. Marking the page, she hurried over to the door, looking through the peephole. A young neko appeared to be on her porch. Surprised, she unlocked the door and opened it to get a better look at him.

He was taller than her by nearly half a foot, but he wasn't really menacing. The thing that stood out the most to her was the fact that he seemed to have been hurt. "Oh my--What happened to you?!" Concerned, she invited him in to sit for a moment. "Are you alright?" she asked, guiding him to the chair she'd just been sitting in. It wasn't as though he'd just taken a punch to the face. He looked like he'd been in one hell of a fight. "Of course you're not. What happened?" she asked again, sitting on the arm of the chair. She'd get to his wounds in a moment, but she needed to hear him out.

Gato heard the redhead but want focused on her words so much as he was mostly focused on getting into the house and getting to the chair without falling on his face and embarrassing himself. He almost fell into the chair, but managed to get in it before his cat greenish blue eyes looked up at the woman whom helped him. He passed for a moment as he composed himself.

"I found a group of people whom well don like my kind and were not afraid at all at showing me just how much they really don't like me at all and pretty much kicked my ass and put me in the state I am at the moment," he explained as calmly as possible but showing that he was upset by it with his tone. "Anyhow ma'am thank you very much for you help my name is, Gato."

Frowning, Nora looked him over. He was going to need something to keep the swelling down in his face and she could see a few bruises and cuts here and there. "Poor thing. You just rest for now, okay? I'm going to help you, so don't you worry, Gato." She smiled at him, enjoying the irony of his name. "I'm just going to get some things to help you, so stay right there." She smiled and squeezed his shoulder just a little in affection. "I'm Nora. And there's no need to thank me."

With that, she went to her bathroom for her ibuprofen and her first aid kit. She brought them back and set them on her coffee table before she went to the kitchen for a tray. She loaded it up with a bag of frozen peas, a tall glass of ice water, and bowl of water with some rags. She set that down on the coffee table as well before she took another good look at him. "Can you tell me where it hurts the most?" she asked, hardly believing that people in this day and age would gang up on a poor guy like him.

Gato smiled weakly as he heard the comments from the redhead. I was so very nice to have ran into someone whom was as nice as her and as helpful as well. He nodded to her statement about resting. It was most logical to rest up and let his body work at healing himself. He always healed pretty well from injuries he go when he was exploring the countryside back home. He felt for some reason this would work similarly.

He heard Nora arrive and titled his head sideways as he gave her a small weak smile again. As he heard her question he reached out his arms. "Here on my arms I covered my bodywork itch them, and my back hurts a good bit too," he answered as he looked at her,"and of course my head hurts too a lot," he added finishing up his explanation.

She nodded and gave him two pills to drink with the water. "Here, take these while I get the rest ready, she said, taking out a pair of plastic/latex gloves from the kit. She put them on before rolling up his sleeves. He had some bruises forming and a few scratches, but nothing serious. Sighing in relief, she started spraying antiseptic and using bandaids. When she was finished, she gave him the bag of peas. "Your jaw and lip are starting to swell up a little, hun. Hold this over those," she said, putting a rag between him and the bag.

The poor thing must have been exhausted. When she finished treating his wounds she told him to stay put while she put all her things away. Then she came back a few minutes later with a pillow and a blanket. She made up the couch and added a heating pad for his back. It would turn off in a little bit, but she wanted to help with any aching. "Here, let's get you to the sofa," she said, taking the bag of peas from him--good the swelling was down.

She helped him over and then tucked him in. "You rest right here, okay? Do you need me to call anybody for you? Let them know you're okay?" she asked, looking down at him.

Gato looked at the water and the pills, he had a good idea what they were, and what they were for as well. He raised up as much as he could, using his elbows to prop himself up before taking the drink of water and the pills, putting the glass back to where it had been, before laying himself back down on the couch. He adjusted himself to help Nora help him. He did that till he took the bag into his hand and put it on the right spot. It was so cold, but he would have to deal with it, it was really the only way.

He kept it there as he waited for her to return to him. He was very grateful for the kindness and the help. He saw her come back and felt the warmth on his back, he could relax a bit more as he felt that on his back. He looked at her after a bit and nodded as he handed the peas over to her, as he slowly worked his way over to the sofa with the help of Nora. It was a long day for Gato, one he was rather glad was over, or near over. He smiled, "thank you, you are a good person, Miss Nora," he said politely as he looked up at her, "I will call you if I have any issues," he said before letting out a yawn, it had been a long day, with all that had happened.

She guessed that he didn't have anyone around here to call, so she let him just drift off to sleep. "Any time. You don't have to add the Miss," she started, but then decided that now wasn't really the time to argue about silly things like that. "Anyway, sleep well. I'll be here if you need me." With that, she turned out the light, taking her book back to her room to read. When she was done, a little later, she took a shower and got ready for bed before she came to check on him again. Well, the swelling was pretty well non-existent at this point. But then, he'd had time to rest. She'd make sure to take care of him tomorrow, too. Poor thing. They really had done a number on him.

Nora watched him a little while longer, waiting to see if he needed anything before she turned to go back to her room.

Gato slipped to sleep pretty quickly, he needed the sleep as badly as ever. He slept hard, not needing help during the night, worn out from the travel, the fight, and from everything else. It had been a long day without the jumping he had gotten that day. He had walked at least 4 or 5 miles before that even had happened. He was used to that, but still to add that on top of everything, made the sleep so much more welcome.

He woke up, the next morning, his eyes opening slowly but surely as he blinked for a bit as his eyes adjusted to the light that was all around him that morning, from the morning sun, he figured. He moved his arms and legs to find both his arms and legs a good deal bit swore from the day before. he wasn't surprised by that. He didn't get to look at what he looked like other then that, but he did reach up slowly and scratch his ear himself quietly as he tried to get used to being away. He turned to his side and could feel that he was really pretty swore, but he also knew that his body was healing and getting better. His greenish blue eyes focused on the wall for some reason as they closed for a moment longer, laying on his side, before he opened them and slowly worked his way to a sitting position using his hands to balance his swore self.

Nora woke up for her classes the next day and got dressed--a pair of jeans, a nice, deep blue top. She grabbed a white jacket to set everything off and tied up her hair before she walked into the living room and realized that she still had a visitor. "Oh! I'm so sorry. I almost forgot you were here," she said with a nervous laugh. No doubt he was still in some pain, but he didn't look so bad. His lip wasn't swollen anymore and neither was any other part of his face.

"Here, come with me," she said holding out her hand. She took him to her bathroom and got him some fresh towels. "I have a little bit before I need to be in class, so I'll pop this in the washer and dryer if you want to take a shower. I'll get some breakfast going, too." She had classes in about two hours, but she liked to get up before them so that she could have some time to herself to wake up and get ready. But she could be a good Samaritan. An hour would be plenty of time for him to get a shower and for his clothes to be cleaned.

"You can wear this when you get out," she said, hanging a long robe on the rack that was on the back of the door. "If you're still sore, there's some ibuprofen on the counter, too." She smiled and pet his ear as a friendly gesture. I hope you feel better."

Gato looked at her as she mention that she had to go to class, his eyes got rather big at the statement and he worked to adjust himself a good bit more, as he heard her and was glad she was there to help, "what school do you go to, I was suppose to get my class list today, I was wondering if it is possible that you and I are um fellow students," he said as he said as he worked his way to his feet. He had to get a shower, he knew after that he would feel a good bit better then he did. He waited for a moment though to hear what she had to say, and blushing from her rubbing his ear, letting out a slight purr from the attention.

He walked to the shower, and quickly took one, he wasn't ever the type to take a long shower, actually, back home, he had limits for how long he had, which made him get used to the idea of a rather quick shower. He slipped out and slipped on the robe, he was sure he looked most foolish, but it mattered not, cause at least he had something to wear, and he was getting help from this nice young woman.

He walked in and found the pills and took them, he figure he was going to need them, he already was rather swore, and that wasn't going to go away anytime soon, "it was a nice shower," he said as he stood there in the robe looking over at Nora with a small smile on his face, he was hoping that he didn't look to idiotic at the moment.

At his question, she answered, saying the name of her university. She wondered where he was going. It was orientation week for freshmen, so he still had some leeway as far as that went, but she was already used to going to class there. She missed the purr as she left, leaving him to shower as well. She was sure that he'd let her know if they were going to the same place or not when he was finished.

He was faster in the shower than she'd thought he might be, but that was fine. She was just finishing getting breakfast ready. It wasn't anything special--some frozen waffles with butter and syrup, some Greek yogurt with fruit--if he wanted it--and some juice. It might not be a lot to him, but she got sick if she ate large meals so early in the morning.

She was just pouring some juice when he came in. He was impossibly cute in her bathrobe. It just wasn't fair, really. His hair was still a little damp, as was his fur, she noticed. But he wasn't dripping at all. He seemed a little refreshed. "I'm glad you had a good one. I hope you didn't feel the need to rush on my account," Nora said, gesturing for him to sit down. "It's not a big, impressive meal, but you're welcome to it. She smiled and let him sit before sliding some silverware his way.

"So, Gato. Where are you going to school? Maybe I can help get you settled in."

He looked at her as he blinked for a moment, and then realized once she had said where she was going, that it was one in the same as the school he waas going too. He blinked as he thought about the odds of that happening as he saw her hand him the waffles, and ate them quietly, nothing much to say, as he was thinking about the odd fact that he would end up with someone whom went to his school.

"I am going to the same place as you, Nora," he said with a smile as he looked at her, "the shower, well, I am used to taking a fast shower, cause back home we had a short limit on how much hot water their was in the shower in the morning, so it just kind of became a habit of mine to take fast showers, so I would be done before the hot water ran out, cause if you didn't, no fun."

He took another bite of food before taking a drink of the juice. It wasn't what you had that made for a nice meal, it was the company that you had that determined rather or not a meal was a good one or not so good of a meal. He smiled as he nodded his thanks, "it is good enough, beggars can't be choosers after all, but when I can I will make breakfast if you want," he said with a smile on his neko lips.

Surprised, Nora considered the neko as he ate her waffles. He was going to her school? Well that was convenient for him, wasn't it? She shrugged at his comment about her breakfast not being all that great. She hadn't really been expecting company and didn't usually fuss over it for herself. In fact, she considered this a bigger breakfast as far as she was concerned.

"I see. Well, maybe I'll take you up on that one day. For now, I don't really have anything else around." Then a thought occurred to her. "Where are you staying, anyway? In a dorm or what were you going to do when you got here yesterday? Is someone going to be worried that you aren't there yet?"

He hadn't meant the comment about the food as a insult at all, just he would like to cook for her, and he had a lot of experience cooking really quickly. He thought about her statement for a moment and then paused for a moment to gather his own thoughts as he would explain, just what he was doing before he got his butt so kicked the day before. He put down the fork and the glass of juice after taking one sip.

"Well, I came to town, so that I could hopefully find a place to move into and then I would move my stuff in what I have this weekend after the start of school. I had a bag, with enough stuff for the week. I figured that I would use that for this first week after I found a place or dorm or something to stay at. Well, I lost that lost that bag when I got by butt kicked, and I hadn't found a place yet when I got it kicked either," he said pausing for a moment so he could answer the second part, "I am from an church run orphanage, I do need to call them today, and explain what happened and all, that is one of the things I was actually planning to do. I am sure the they will be worried if I don't call today."

"Why don't you call them now? I have to get your clothes in the dryer before you can go anywhere anyway." She nodded and pointed to the phone on the wall. "Finish eating and then let them know you're okay and what happened." Nora smiled at him and then finished off her waffles. Though she did feel sorry that he was an orphan, that he'd been through a lot, she doubted he would want her to dwell on such a thing. Still, it was good to see that he'd come so far. He'd been accepted into a good college, and he was making his way there. Good for him, she decided.

"You might want to call the police, too, and let them know what happened. Maybe report your belongings as stolen or missing." She nodded and pet one of his ears again, unable to stop her hand from doing so. "Anyway, while you're looking, if the college can't put you up in a dorm, you can stay here until you find a place."

He nodded as he ate his breakfast. He was most grateful towards the kind woman and he was surely glad he was able to make a friending this city. He hoped that this day would turn out much better than the one before, but he was confident that it would in fact do so. " thanks that will be a lot of help in everything Nora," he said polite as ever as he finished his food.he took the plate over and washed it and the glass in the sink before stacking them together so they could dry. He turned and picked up the phone calling his adopted home. He talked for a good bit on everything that happened before calling the cos and filling a report with them.

(OMG, I'm so sorry. I thought I had replied to this one.)

When he was finished on the phone his clothes were in the dryer. It wouldn't be much longer now before he could wear his own stuff. She cleaned her dishes and put everything away before she checked her schedule and her books. She had everything she needed, but she probably wouldn't need her books until tomorrow, so she left them on her desk. Instead, she took some binders and notebooks with her.

As soon as he was done with the call to the police, the young neko went and waited on the clothes, standing there as he waited, and then heard the ping telling him that the clothes were done. Getting them on pretty quickly, not wanting to delay Nora, Gato got ready, and walked to the door. he didn't have his belongings, but he would be able to walk to the school, he had gotten accepted to, and start his college experience, something honestly he never thought he would get to do before.

He stood there, excited, it was as if he was on the doorway to a new chapter in his life, he could hardly stand still, his tail absently was waving behind himself as his ears stood straight up above his head, he just was so pumped up and prepared as he waited for Nora to be finished with what she needed to do.

Nora returned to him with a book bag around her shoulders and her keys in her hand. Smiling, she saw that he was dressed and ready to go--so much so that his tail was swishing. She chuckled a little and shook her head. "Alright. This isn't my first year here, so I have some time before my classes start. If you want, I can take you to the administration building. We should decide on where to meet up after classes, too. I wouldn't want you to get lost," she said. And she thought, she wouldn't want him to get hurt on his way home. "I was going to drive there, if you want to ride with me," she said, pulling on some black shoes.

The neko nodded as he heard the statement from Nora, he could understand that, she seemed to have a good idea of what was going on, which was a sign that she had experience in it, and thus would been not a new student and not a first year. When she offered to drive the Neko light up like a christmas tree. "Yes, but of course, I have never actually ridden in a car before," he said honestly as he gave her a warm smile. "Back home, you see, I would walk everywhere, I never had a car, where I am from there just aren't that many of them, and well, if you are lucky you can find a bike around that you can borrow to go to town or something."

Nora smiled and held back a chuckle at his excitement. "Alright, then. Well I'm glad I can give you your first ride." She smiled and motioned for him to follow after her. When they were outside, she locked up and then opened the garage door. A nice little two door car was revealed. She had a red Focus and was happy to give him a ride in it. She went to her side and slid in, slipping her purse and backpack into the back seat. Nora gave him a smile and waited for him to get in while she put on her seatbelt.

He walked out and looked at the car for a moment cautiously, walking around it for a moment as if trying to understand and figure out the car. He then blinked and put his hand on it, and raised an eyebrow as he looked at the car, and then wait for Jasmine to unlock it. Once it was unlocked, He looked around inside of the car for a moment, looking curiously at everything. He was so excited that he could hardly remain still at all, energy was pulsing though the young neko as he sat there.

He smiled and put his hand on the thingy which looked like was made to be held onto by the door and smiled, "well off we go right," he said grinning after he put on the seat beat as he remembered being shown in the safety videos in school.

Once Gato was buckled up, she started up the car, put it in gear, and took off, hitting the garage button as she left so that it would close. Nora glanced at her passenger, finding his energy and curiosity both adorable and a little odd. Just how far out in the country did he live? She worried a little about his safety on campus and would be sure to take the neko over to campus security as well. He might need a few safe walks. It was a fairly short drive to campus, but it would have been a lot of ground to cover, especially since poor Gato might have been jumped on the way. It was best to make sure he was protected, she thought. That way, he could have as much of a normal experience as possible.

"So, what are you going to school for? What's your major?" she asked, clarifying that she wanted to know what he'd be learning about, not so much that she was confused as to why he was going to school. Good for him for wanting a higher education.

Gato's looked outside the whole time as the went by, his eyes looking at each and every single thing they passed, it was all so new to him and different for him to look at. He had never seen buildings so large as some of the tall multilevel high rises. He was also amazed at the sheer amount of buildings and restaurants in town, so many types as well. He was extremely happy, and energetic mostly cause the general newness of everything he saw and his general optimistic view on things. He leaned back in the chair as he looked at the people as well, so many, so many different people too, but not many like him.

He turned as he heard the question about his major and he smiled brightly, he of course knew what he was going to go after as far as a major and what type of job he hoped to find after graduating. "Geology," he chirped happily, "I got my scholarship cause of my aptitude for science, and my grades, I figured learning about the earth, so that would work well with me as well."

Back
Top Bottom