Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fallen from Grace (Myself, Chrono Trigger)

Phoenix Rising

Supernova
Serenity stood at the foot of his bed watching him sleep, he couldn't see her or hear her but he knew she was there least she hoped he knew. She had watched over him ever since he was born, he was a grown man now but she still watched over him. It pained her to see him sleeping alone she figured that someone so sweet, so kind would be married by now with at least one or two children. She wore a long white gown, white sandals. Her hair was as golden as the sun, fell down her back in curls. '' If only you knew someone loved you..'' Serenity whispered to herself as she watched him sleep, she knew he would have to get up soon to go to work but she would be watching over him then as well it was her job. She longed to be in his arms to hear his voice, she could never express her feelings because unless she made herself visible to him he would never see her.

Mike woke up slowly, rubbing his eyes before turning off his alarm. He looked around the room as he did ever morning, expecting to see something or someone standing there. He always felt that someone was always watching him and there had seemed to be proof even as a voice that didn't seem his own had saved his life a few times. He'd avoided several areas on certain days that happened to of had a crime committed later on those days. He just let off a soft sigh as he once more figured he was just going crazy. He grabbed a set of clean clothes and started to take a shower.

Serenity stayed in his room, stayed hidden by the dim light of the sun as it came through his window. She was always protecting him making sure he was safe, every time he had come close to death she was the one that saved him every time. The young angel had never gotten the chance to experience love or loss, she felt her life had been taken from her far to soon but she couldn't get a second chance. She ran her hand along his pillow, smiled to herself as she hummed a little lullaby that she had often listened to his mother sing to him as he slept. Running her fingers through her hair she stepped back into position then waited for him to reenter the room to finish getting ready for work.

Mike returned into his room, dressed up in his work uniform and his short brown hair combed down, out of his eyes only while he worked. "Where did I put it..." He sighed as he tried finding his wallet and keys. They seemed to somehow move all the time when he put them on his desk every night after work. He scratched the back of his head and then just sighed a little. "Going to be late if I don't find them soon." He grabbed his suitcase and set it on the desk to at least have something done as he continued to look around. "If only a guardian angel could help me find things..." He spoke in a joking tone since he wasn't entirely too sure if he believed in them or not.

Serenity smiled hearing what he had said, all of a sudden his keys and his wallet appeared. She liked the way he looked in his uniform, she would be with him all day because even though he couldn't see her she never left his side. The angel hoped that there would come a day when she could reveal herself to him but until now she chose to stay hidden, until that day came she would do whatever it took to keep him from meeting the same fate she had. If only he knew just how much he should believe in angels, the fact that one had been watching over him all his life.

Mike adjusted his tie and turned the alarm on. He wasn't sure how his wallet and keys turned up since he looked in that spot a few times already, but he was happy to find them. Now the flight wouldn't be delayed. He pulled from the driveway and headed out, a half hour later heading into the airport. He then headed towards his terminal and started to sign in for the day and his flight.

Serenity was with him in the car, she was with him as he signed in for the day. She took her place on his plane as his co-pilot even though he had one in the seat next to him she was there to make sure he lived to see another day, he was the only person she was focused on. Everyday she was there, everyday she knew his job was dangerous so her job was her main priority. The blond knew he could feel her presences, she always wanted to touch his shoulder or just find a way to let him know she was there but she couldn't risk it not yet.

Mike had to stay overnight before the flight back home, but it was a rough one. The day seemed clear outside but it changed quickly during his flight. A storm had hit and flying was unsafe but they were already in the air and headed home. He had to be sure to get the passengers safely home through this weather or he wouldn't be able to live with himself. He could hear the roar of the thunder as lightning was striking near the plane and felt it was only a matter of time before they got hit. The storm was making it hard for them to reach any of the nearby airports to clear for a landing in.

'' You can do this I believe in you.'' Serenity whispered near his ear, she knew her words of encouragement would help him find a place to land. She'd been with him when he finished school, when he got his pilots licenses she would always be with him weather he could see her or not she was there. Placing her hands on both walls of the cockpit she managed to keep the plane stable in the air believing that they would make a safe landing, she was more then his co-pilot she was his guardian angel. She had watched him play with the other little angels before it was his time to enter the earth, she was there when he was born she'd been there for him through it all.

Mike had noticed the plane becoming easier to fly through the storm as if something was helping them. It brought a small smile to his face for a moment until he heard an explosion and the plane shook from lightning striking a wing. He found it tough to keep steady, but it was possible still. But soon enough they were going down as more of the wing shred off the plane. He knew they were at least within state and that there was a long road nearby, just hoped that there was no traffic on it at this time of day in this storm. The plane came down and the tip of the nose smashed into the road, causing him to smash his head against the console. But somehow the plane had managed to land without causing harm to any of the other passengers.

'' Michael!! '' Serenity shouted as she removed her hands from the walls, ran to him. She wrapped her arms around him,just held him. '' Your going to be alright.'' She whispered into his ear as her heart sank, she looked up with tears in her eyes. '' Not now it's not his time I know it..'' The angel said softly, she hoped he came to before he was rushed off to the hospital since a passenger had managed to call 911, an ambulance was on it's way besides there was a doctor on board. Serenity felt someone walk past her, she stepped back as the young doctor tended to the Pilot noticing that the co-pilot was unconscious as well the doctor would take care of him next everyone else was fine including the stewardess.

Mike could hear a woman's voice as clear as any other but something was familiar about it as it called his name. He then was out of it completely as the doctor had come to help him. He was unconscious up until they were about ready to put him in the ambulance and looked around. He was hoping that everyone around him had survived and that he was the only one that had gotten hurt, though he felt as if he may of made a mistake. He then searched around to put a face to the voice he had heard before, wanting to hear it again.

" your gonna be okay Michael. " Serenity said as she sat by him on the bench, no one could see her not even him not yet. She held his hand even though he couldn't see her he could feel her, she hoped he would be okay. The blond angel was scared to death, prayed silently to god that he would okay. When they were alone she would reveal herself until then she had to stay hidden, make sure no one saw her but him when it was time. She bit her lip, wiped away the tears with her other hand but stayed focused on him she was falling in love with him even if she had been in love with him since he was a child.

It was a bit longer before everyone was finished and left the room, Mike having passed out again. But the warm feeling upon his hand woke him after a bit, wondering who could be visiting him when he had no one. He saw no one and figured he was just imagining things since he hit his head. He couldn't quite move, but he wanted to sit up. He looked around and grabbed the remote to his bed and lifted it so he was sitting up. He was ready to go home and back to work if it was possible.

Serenity knew it was time, she made herself visible to only him. " Hello Michael. " she said softly as she stood at the foot of his hospital bed, she was still glowing slightly but everything about her was real. Standing at about 5'5" maybe less her long golden curls glistened in the lighting of the room, her heart jumped as she waited for him to say something to her almost half expecting him to freak out. The blond chewed on her lower lip, looked into his eyes finding herself lost in them again.

Mike heard a similar voice call out his name, his eyes peering around the room until he saw the figure of a woman surrounded in a faint glowing light. He hadn't heard anyone enter the room and knew that a moment ago there was no one. He almost did freak out but her beauty had caused him ease as he had a feeling of who, rather what, she was. He slowly sat up even though his head hurt a bit. "Who are you?" His voice was calm even if he was a bit distraught from everything that had happened. "And did everyone else make it?" He wasn't sure if this person would know, but if she was what he thought, then she would.

'' My name is Serenity, I'm your guardian angel. All the passengers are fine, your co-pilot is fine as well. I've been with you since before you were born, ever since then.'' Serenity said as she smiled, stood at the foot of his bed she didn't want to scare him by getting to close. Her hands were folded behind her back, her smile was soft she was someone that could be very shy but recently she had become rather outgoing except for the fact that no one could see her but him. The blond wanted to hold his hand again so he could actually feel it or actually be able to see her holding his hand but she didn't want him to get to worked up, she was there to make sure he was safe. She didn't say anything else because she figured he would ask about all the times he'd come in contact with death, she would answer with the truth that she had in fact saved him.

Mike was a bit more in disbelief now that he was becoming more aware of the situation at hand. He then looked to her again and for some odd reason, smiled. "Could you come closer?" He wondered if she would be warm, having a feeling that she's touched him before but there was no warmth. The only way he could be for sure that she was real is if she was warm like any other person would be. "So it's been you I've felt?'

Serenity walked closer, took his hand into her own as she smiled. '' Yes Michael.'' She said as she caressed his hand with her thumb, she was concerned that he would find her cold to the touch but in fact it would be the complete opposite. She pulled up a chair rather easily, held his hand against the bed. There was nothing else she wanted to say, she was sure he had all sorts of questions but she wouldn't pressure him to ask them especially since he'd just been through a really bad or deal with the plane crashing and all.

Mike sighed softly at her touch and looked up at her. His eyes didn't leave hers at first for awhile, but he then looked to the front. He seemed a bit as though confused and soon asked a question. "I hit my head hard enough to kill someone... Even if no one else would of been hurt from it, why did I make it?" He looked to her again. "I know you can help prevent incidents, but I hit my head still." He then thought about what he said. "And no, I'm not saying you didn't do your job by letting me get hurt. I know it wasn't preventable at that moment, just surprised it didn't kill me."

" it wasn't your time.. I died obviously but I was only seventeen at the time. But that isn't important what's important is that your okay, according to the doctor it isn't really all that bad. Maybe a major concussion but minor compared to some. Before I finally died I was in a coma, hooked up a various machines. My parents finally pulled the plug three months before my eighteenth birthday, I was basically a vegetable anyways so yeah.. Sorry I ramble when I'm nervous." Serenity said as she gulped, caressed his hand placing a strand of hair behind her ear. The blond had never really been alone with a guy before, even though she was an angel it felt really awkward for her.

Mike scooted over a little in case she wanted to sit or something. "You're nervous? How come?" He tilted his head a little as he thought about all she had said before mentioning that she was nervous. And he was a bit sad that she was so young when she had died, though it does mean that she can maintain the beauty she had without a worry that most women go through. He wouldn't know what it was like to be a vegetable and hoped he would never have to figure it out.

'' Because I've never been alone with a guy before.. I didn't have a chance to really experience life..'' Serenity said as she bit her lip, continued to hold his hand sitting down on the edge of the bed as she looked down at the floor. She was blessed with being able to maintain her natural beauty, she knew she would never physically age. It saddened her that she would never experience having children or getting married unless she fell from grace which was possible to do but it very seldom happened, being around Michael being able to physically touch him made her feel all tingly inside. She'd never felt the way she felt around him before, it was new to her but she didn't want to have her wings clipped for falling in love.

Mike enjoyed her touch for a moment more before letting his hand slip away from hers. He then sighed softly as he laid back on the bed once more and closed his eyes. "Well... Thanks for everything but I hope the job doesn't stress you out too much." He was silent for a moment, probably long enough for her to respond to him if he hadn't had more to say. "I know you probably have guidelines and rules to follow... So, if I'm not suppose to be seeing you right now then you should go back before something bad happens." He looked to her for a moment.

'' Your welcome, no I love my job. I'll be around.'' Serenity said as she kissed the top of his head, faded back into invisible mode so no one could see her. She watched as a doctor walked in to check his vitals, make sure he was ready to go home. Once the doctor gave him the okay a nurse entered the room, took out his iv's then left the room leaving his clothes on table for him. The blond angel watched the nurse enter, leave with a smile on her face which made her heart sink into her stomach even if it no longer had a beat to it she still felt a little heart broken at the fact that the nurse's smile as so sweet. She turned around, faced the window letting Michael get dressed since he was given the okay to go home which concerned her a little but she wasn't a doctor.

Back
Top Bottom