Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Sorcceress's Appretntice (Myself, Jugger82)

"What do you mean I can prevent it...?!" He said in shock. He was holding his head. Was he forseeing the future? "But...But...No...It looked like it was me, but not me..." He murmured. "That wasn't me I was dreaming about...maybe my ancestor...? My past life...? I don't know..." He frowned and shook his head. "Emerita...Am I going to die? Is there some sort of prophecy stating that I'm supposed to do something with my life, only to die in the end in my attempt to acheive it? I don't...I don't want to die..."

" Your not gonna die Nathan I'll make sure of that.. Your great uncle was the one who was decapitated, it was only because he was caught using magic. Things have changed, no one ever comes out here. I had the same dream myself, I'm still alive as you can see." Emerita said as she sat down on the bed, wrapped her arms around his shoulders pulling him close to her. She was going to try her best at comforting him, hoped he would be able to go back to sleep. There was a pot of water on the stove in case she had to make him some tea, she had all kinds of tea some for sleeping some for stomach aches etc there was a variety.

"Okay...Okay...If you say so..." He felt her wrap herself around him and felt...warm. Happy. Needed. He smiled slightly. He was certain he was going to love being here and learning the magic she promised to teach him. "I'm okay now, Ema." He assured her and smiled as he looked to her face. "I guess I'm gonna have dreams like that for a while now...So I guess I should just get used to it. I think I'm gonna go for a walk or something, if you don't mind. I just need to set my mind straight."

'' That's fine just be careful sometimes the forest can play tricks on you. So don't wonder to far.'' Emerita said as she smiled she didn't mind being called Ema by him it was a nice little nickname, she'd never had one as a child. She stood up, smiled then walked back down the stairs taking her seat in her chair once again as she started to read her book again. The young sorceress had been a lone for quite sometime, it was nice to have someone around. She could see things being the start of a long lasting wonderful relationship.

Nathan went out into the forest. He knew the way back. It wasn't a dense forest. Even from where he was, he could see the house that they would live in. He began to think about...what the future held in store for him. Was he to become a great and powerful wizard? He didn't know for certain. After all, he hadn't even learned one trick; not even so much as a card trick. He sighed and soon found himself standing in a clearing, the full moon beaming down on him. Little did he know, a small but dangerous creature lurked and watched...hungry, for it was unable to hunt other animals as it was a human eater...and the only nearby hunter was that witch who easily could defend herself against it.

Emerita had forgotten about the creature, she jumped to her feet then quickly got herself dressed. She grabbed her staff, walked into the forest. '' Nathan! '' She screamed as she looked around for him she could barely see because it was dark but she cast a spell to spread some light into the dark forest, she hoped Nathan would be able to hear her voice. The brunette sorceress knew she was the only one that could defend herself against the creature, she knew that she would have to start teaching him now instead of waiting until morning. The quicker she taught him various tricks, a few spells the quicker she hoped he would realize how powerful he was.

The only thing that Emerita would hear from him would be the sound of Nathan's screams, blood-chilling and horrifying. Nathan encountered the small creature, only about two feet tall. Its body was like that of a wolf's but its eyes were missing. It had a long, thorned tongue that it used to smell throughout the forest. Its paws had pinned Nathan down as it began to 'sniff' him but running his tongue around his face. "Master...You have returned..." It said in a chilling voice. "Sire...It has been years...Where have you been? Do you not remember your own familiar...?"

Emerita ran to the sound of his scream, when she heard the creature speak she smirked. '' Nathan meet Talon.. the familiar of your great uncle. A very loyal creature who has been lurking in the forest for centuries awaiting his return, apparently you smell just like your uncle.'' She said as she conjured up a treat for the creature, smiled she remembered him only because she had read about him in the book so she knew he wouldn't bring any harm to Nathan. The brunette sorceress held her hand out to Nathan so she could help him up once Talon had run off to eat his treat, she knew the creature would follow them back home but she also knew it would protect the both of them now that he knew they didn't want to hurt him.

"A familiar..." He repeated as he watched Talon eat the treat she had summoned up. "What the hell...is he...?" He was stunned by how the creature looked. It was so...demonly, beastly, otherworldy..."Could my great uncle really have this creature as his familiar? It makes him seem so...evil." He walked over to Talon, and began to cautiously pet the creature. "Ema...Lets go. I'm done with the forest for tonight." He turned and began to walk back in the direction of the house, still more confused and with questions without answers.

'' Talon didn't always look the way he does.. A curse was placed on him after he ran away from your uncle, it's a curse that can easily be broken but it will take time. '' Emerita said as she followed him back to the house, sighed she looked at the time then realized she wouldn't be sleeping at all. '' We should start your training, I know a few easy tricks. '' She said as she took a book down from the book shelf blew the dust off of it then handed it to him, smiled. '' All the tricks in that book are very easy to learn, well it's what I used as a beginner.'' The brunette sorceress said as she sat back down, went back to the book as she tried to find out how to break the curse on Talon.

"...So..." He was...questioning her about this whole predicament now. "I'm supposed to teach myself how to do magic? You just handed me a book and expect me to do something...? What if I can't figure out how to channel my magic through my hands or just make my fingers glow or something...?" He sighed...and just opened the book to the first page. Night vision. "Guess I might as well..." He complained, since it was already dark, aside from the dim candlelight in the room. He read the instructions and tried his best to understand the instructions but he just didn't know where to start. "Could you please just help me with some of these rather than read your book? I thought you were supposed to be my teacher anyhow."

" Right.." Emerita said as she closed the book, walked over to him. " just close your eyes, count twenty five then open them again. " she said as she placed her hands over his eyes, muttered a simple incantation that would give him the ability to see in the dark. The brunette stepped back, smiled as she waited patiently know she had just don it for him but she would teach him How to do it. In the mean time she would try her best to keep him focused, in no time he would be a great wizard just like his great uncle she just hoped he wouldn't follow in the same foot steps.

He did as instructed and counted to twenty five once she closed his eyes for him by placing her hand upon them. When he opened his eyes, he saw everything as night vision as you would through night vision goggles. Green and illuminated. "This is...incredible...." He said out loud as he blinked, eyes wide as he tried to get used to his new vision. He began to walk around as he used his night vision to see in the dark, and upon looking at the bright candle, he cried out in small pain as a bright light had entered his eyes. "I...I guess my eyes are just super sensitive to light in this spell...how do I change my vision to be back to normal...?"

'' Just count backwards from twenty five, repeat the same incantation I did only backwards. If you heard what I said it should be easy, night vision isn't for everyone.'' Emerita said as she smiled she figured that once he had a chance to try it out he wouldn't like it she had done the same thing once, figured she was better of with normal vision. The brunette sat down at the table, she would guide him through the book since she didn't plan on sleeping anyways. She already had breakfast in mind, she hoped he wasn't a picky eater which he obviously wasn't if he ate her stew. It was nice to have someone around, she hoped that as time passed Nathan learned what he needed to learn.

Nathan nodded and closed his eyes. He began to count backwards from twenty five and once he said zero, he began to try his best to repeat what she had said backwards. It was hard to speak backwards, never having done it before...it felt weird rolling out on his tongue. Within moments, and after a few more tries, his vision soon returned back to normal. "That was...weird..." He held his head, feeling a bit light headed due to the change in vision, and he sat down at the table with her. "Okay...So...Whats next, Ema? I'm still ready to learn if you're still willing to teach me more spells tonight."

'' Anything you would like to learn, of course neither one of us are going to be sleeping.'' Emerita said as she smiled, pointed to a very easy spell that she was sure he could do on his own. '' Recite that spell, see what happens.'' She said placing his finger on the spell she had found that she found to be very easy, she hoped he found it to be easy as well. The brunette sorceress had learned on her own because once her mother died she came into her powers, her father died shortly after she came into her powers but she didn't know how he had died. She could hear whimpering, howling outside which meant Talon had finished his treat then followed them but she would try her best to restore him to what he used to be.

Nathan nodded and began to recite the spell that she had shown him. Simple invisibility? Sounds simple and very fun. He began to recite the words, but they didn't work...It took several tries of him saying the words differently, not used to the true pronunciation of the words and soon he became invisible. It was not complete invisibility, his outlines were still quite visible if one were to look hard enough. His clothes, at least, were also invisible. "This is amazing!" He said in excitement...and wondered exactly how invisible he was. He was unsure, as he could not see the outlines of his body himself. So...he decided to be childish, and moved behind Ema and groped her from behind. "Gotcha!" He said with a snicker...already having felt like he was close enough to her to be able to toy around like this as friends.

Emerita smiled as she felt his hands reach around her front, she blushed a little. She didn't mind at all she thought it was amusing that he felt close enough to her that he could act the way he was right now, she recited the spell backwards which in turn made him visible once again as she placed her hands on his. '' You know I'm much older then you right? '' She asked as she turned around to look at him, she was in her twenties give or take but because she was a sorceress she could appear to look much younger. She didn't age like normal mortals, her magic kept her young as long as she had her magic she could live as long as her beloved uncle Merlin.

"You don't look much older than me." He replied, his hands still on her breasts as she held her hands onto his. "You look like you're my age, if not a little older...but then again you witches and sorceresses and the rest of the magic folk probably have a spell to make them appear much younger?" He felt...cold, and turned a bit white. What if she was actually old and wrinkly? He would be groping an elder! "Uh...P-Please tell me you are actually young and not an old woman who is making herself look young...?"

Emerita waved her hand over her face as if to reveal her true age but nothing happened because she wasn't hiding herself, when he said she didn't look much older then he did she continued to smile. "I'm twenty five.. It is no lie, we do not age like normal mortals. " she said as she looked into his eyes, frowned a little knowing what he was thinking but her frown soon faded. The young sorceress had never lied a day in her life, she continued to sit. " We should continue on your studies." She said as she turned back around, she noticed the spell to restore talon was one of the easy ones she had never expected that.

"Oh...Alright." He said with a smile and finally removed his hands from her breasts. He looked in the book and began to scan it, looking at the various spells and soon saw the one that she had seen as well. A restoration spell that would cure any natural illness that was not made by man's hands...but what kind of illness could be man-made? At least, in his time period there was no such illness. "This restoration spell...do you think it would work on Talon...and cure him of whatever it is that he has, to return him to his old form?"

'' As a matter of fact I think it will, just for a little extra boost we'll do it together. Come with me.'' She said as she slid her legs around to the floor, stood up holding her hand out to him she figured that if they doubled their power that the spell would be even more powerful. Emerita was very confident in her own magic, she believed in Nathan's as well there was no doubt about that she believed he could be just as powerful as his uncle was but she hoped he wouldn't use his magic for evil like his uncle had which had been what had gotten the man killed in the 1st place.

He nodded...and took her hand gently. He called in Talon, who seemed to burst through the wooden doors rather than open them with the handle like he was obviously capable of doing, given his intelligence. He walked forward and saw the two holding hands, his tongue slowly sliding out and wrapping around his head slightly as he spoke. "Ah...The two have merged their powers...Or is there more to this, I wonder? My master always was with another like this...though the connection was in a place further down..." Nathan blinked, and looked to her questionably. "Is he saying that...my ancestor had sex with many women or something...?" He began to question whether he was either quite the looker, which would compliment Nathan himself, or he used magic to get these women...He shook his head, not wanting to know. "Lets just do the spell...By your lead, Ema."

Emerita didn't say a word she wasn't amused by what Talon had said, she held Nathan's hand as she started to recite the spell wanting it to work. She roughly knew what Talon was supposed to look like from the book that spoke of Nathan's ancestor so she expected the restoration spell to restore him to what he used to look like, since she was so confident in her magi. She continued to recite the spell smiling as she closed her eyes focusing all her power on the spell it's self besides when her eyes were closed she could concentrate easier then she could with them open, she would clearly scold Talon for his remark later.

Slowly as they continued to recite the spell, Talon would begin to glow. He began to writhe in agony, feeling himself begin a reverse of the painful transformation that underwent his body when Nathan's ancestor had died and Talon was deemed an unwanted Familiar. He began to glow until his form was one solid color of glowing light, then his form began to get smaller...and smaller...and smaller until he was nothing more than the size of a hamster...in fact, he turned into a hamster! Though, it looked different...it had small little horns, barely stubs that poked out of his tiny brown fur. He looked around, eyes adjusting to their new size as the light around him began to die down. "I'm me again..." He said, his voice still demonic as it always had been. He stuck his tongue out; it was thorned like a snake's. Other than that, and the horns, he looked like a normal hamster. "This...is what you looked like before, Talon?" Nathan questioned as he picked up the little creature in his hand. "Why did my ancestor call you Talon?" The hamster stayed quiet as he looked away. "My master...had an ironic sense of humor since birds eat creatures such as I. They grab us with their talons and take us off to our death."

Back
Top Bottom