Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A fallen prince and his princess (Candira and Rage)

Axel slowly closed the door with a light sigh before moving over to the table, grabbing his sword that he had set down onto it before falling asleep. He strapped it onto his belt and opened the door to the alley outside, glancing around to see if anybody was watching. He stepped into the outside world, making his way towards one of the main roads that led into the village.

He was just doing a simple observation mission. He felt like he needed to catch word of what Rosa's father was going to do when he found out about her kidnapping, and he wanted to catch a quick glimpse of how many more guards they were going to send out into the streets to keep watch. There were definitely more guards patrolling than usual, and the village was in the uproar he thought was going to happen.

He retraced his steps back into the alley after a few moments of eavesdropping, making his way back into the hideout. None of his team was here yet, and he understood why. Feeling a bit paranoid, he checked in on Rosa again to see if she was awake and if she was still safe.

This time, Rosa was awake. She groaned softly, rubbing her eyes, the fabric still loosely clinging to her as she sat there, but it would fall if she wasn't careful. She looked up as Axel returned to the room to check on her and shielded her eyes from the brightness that came from outside the windowless room. When she realized it was him, she visibly relaxed and smiled softly. "Good morning," she said. It was awfully quiet. Was it still early? The dark room was very disorienting. "If it is morning, that is." She stretched a little but quickly clutched at the fabric when she felt it slip. "Oops. Sorry about that," she said blushing a bit now.

She arranged herself now so she was perched at the edge of the bed, still wrapped in the material. She looked up at Axel as her eyes adjusted and wondered just what was going on. "Is everything okay?"

Axel grinned, "Don't be, " He winked, opening the door all the way before walking in. He took a seat next to her on the bed, "Yeah, everything's find. I just wanted to check on you to see if you're still here or in the clutches of another terrible monster." He teased, "But I did go out to see how the kingdom is reacting to your disappearance. I have to say that everything is on edge... getting you out of here is going to be a tad difficult." He scratched his head in thought, "But don't you worry. I'll keep you safe."

"Ain't that cute?" A feminine voice called from the doorway, "Here you are, already making moves on the princess. Like a true gentleman, huh?" The woman standing there looked a tad older than Haine's age, her dark blonde hair running past her shoulders as she wore some sort of leather armor over her body. She had a hand on her hip, watching the two with interest.

Haine rolled his eye with a smirk, "Good timing. Ruby, this is princess Rosa. Rosa, this is Ruby, our damsel in distress of our group." Ruby immediately frowned, "Hey! That was only four times!" Haine smirked before standing up.

"Either way, this is good timing. Rosa has no clothes, so Ruby, why don't you dress her up? I certainly don't have anything she could wear." Ruby pondered this for a few moments before looking at Rosa and smiling, "I guess I could. My place is just right down the alley... but we're going to have to keep her disguised when we go out."

It was oddly comforting to see that he was flirting with her. He'd always been something of a jokester--trying to keep the mood light. She smiled softly when he took a seat next to her and brushed some hair out of her face so she could see him a little better. It wouldn't be wise to stay in the city--they'd be searching everywhere for her, and then there was the constant threat of that...thing. She shuddered again at the thought, wishing he would quit making jokes about it. This time she was more prepared for the information he gave her. Of course the kingdom was on edge--their princess and possibly their best diplomat had been kidnapped. If they caught her now, they would catch him, too. Her only ally in this would be gone, and she'd be in far greater danger.

But she remembered in a flash just how much he'd gone through for her. He'd protected her from a monster, defeated castle guards and blown up the impenetrable castle walls. Not only that, but he'd carried her for what was easily at least two miles--and mostly while running. So when he said he would keep her safe, she believed him. She smiled at his reassurance and was very glad that he'd been watching over her after all.

She as about to ask him more about her situation when a woman interrupted them. Ruby, she guessed, as it was the only female name Axel had mentioned. Rosa blushed just a little as the blonde pointed out that it looked like he was putting the moves on her. It hadn't really occurred to her that he might be doing just that, but now it certainly did. And she felt a little more foolish and useless thanks to her lack of clothes.

As the two were introduced, Rosa remembered her manners and bowed her head respectfully, even as Axel joked about her position in the group. Rosa chuckled a little and watched the two. "Thank you, Ruby. If Axel will step out, I can rearrange this material to cloak me a little better." Honestly, she didn't know Ruby's roll in all of what had just happened, but she was appreciative enough for just the clothes. She would have to find out more about her circumstances and Axel's as they went along.

Axel gave a playful wave before standing up, "It's not like I'm going to see something I haven't seen before!" He joked, shooting Rosa a wink before retreating to the doorway where Ruby stood. He gave her a teasing push before walking through the doorway, closing it behind him. He could listen in on any conversations they were having, but he didn't feel as if it would be right to do. Shrugging, he made his way to the other side of the room and took out a map. It was time to start planning for what was going to happen next.

"So, " Ruby smiled, "I'm still a mite' surprised that Axel over there managed to sneak you out of that big castle on the hill. Hell, when he told us what he was gonna' do I nearly tried to slap sense into that boy. I'm glad it worked out, though... he was pretty serious about getting you out of there." She chuckled, "I'm pretty sure he'd get hot in the cheeks if he heard me say that." She definitely had an accent that was hard to be placed... it was definitely acquired outside of the castle.

"Say, " She began to ask, "How did Axel manage to sneak you out? He seemed to know everything about that castle... the week points, the halls... does he have some sort of history with you?" It was obvious that Axel hadn't told his team about his past... either for other reasons, or that he didn't feel like discussing it with them at all.

Rosa blushed deeply, wishing that she could erase that particular image from his mind. She very nearly threw something at him, but since there wasn't really anything to throw, she let the comment burn her cheeks. Once he was gone and it was just the two women, the princess stood up and shook her head. "What a louse," she said, half joking. She looked up as Ruby smiled at her and returned the expression she used the time to adjust the fabric wrapped around her so that it was more like a sari. There was still enough to drape over her head as a hood and hide her face, so she saw it as a victory.

"Oh? I thought he was crazy when he tried to get us out through the wall." She was glad it worked out too, but she hadn't known that Axel had been so dedicated to saving her. She smiled softly at the knowledge, finding it sweet and noble. "He always used to play the hero, too," she said, remembering the games they'd played together as children. "I guess it sank in as an adult." Ruby's comment about Axel getting her out, however, had Rosa a little suspicious. He hadn't told his crew anything? Well, it wasn't really her story to tell, but she figured she could tell Ruby a little.

"I'm not really sure myself about how he managed to get in and out so easily. We used to play together when we were children," she offered an explanation. "And he was always a pretty impulsive boy. He was quite the brave adventurer. But to think he would remember everything..." She shrugged and covered her head. "You'll have to ask him more about it, though. It's not really my place to say any more. Do you think this will work?" she asked, making sure to cover her eyes a little and tilt her head down.

Ruby hummed lightly to herself before nodding with a grin, "That'll do. Now let's get you out of those clothes... its shameful for a lady to be like that any longer." She opened the door for Rosa before turning to find Axel. He was simply sitting in one of the chairs, waiting patiently. "Alright, " Ruby started, "We'll be out for a bit. My home isn't too far from here, and I swear that I'll keep her safe. The others should be soon, so keep an eye out."

"Will do, " Axel grumbled, "I need to have a little talk with them, too..."

Ruby rolled her eyes before taking Rosa's hand, "Okay... now stay close when we head out. Its pretty hectic in the streets and I don't want you getting lost or anything, you hear?" She lead her through the door, leading her out into the alley. The streets were busy with caravans, guards, and people just going to and from work. The sun was high up in the sky, the air warm around their bodies. Ruby brought her out into the alley and into the sea of people, trying to navigate as best as possible.

"It's not too much farther... " She spoke, "Have you ever been in these streets before?"

Rosa found the image of Axel waiting for the two of them so patiently to be intriguing. He never would have done so as a child, she thought with a smile. He had never been particularly good at waiting when it came to playing--but then, neither had she. To see the change was fascinating. So many questions about him began to surface that she wished she could stay longer, learn more. For now, though, it was more important for her to get some clothes. So when he mentioned something about having a word with his men--she guessed it would be about the explosion--she took Ruby's hand and followed the woman out.

She did her best to keep her head down and avoid the people who passed her. It was far more difficult than it might have seemed. She kept hold of Ruby's hand without it being too, tight, just so she wouldn't get lost in the traffic of the alley. "I can see why you might think I would get lost in all this," she said softly, adopting a similar accent to Ruby's. Her voice was one that had been heard in public many times at public events. Disguising it was probably for the best. Besides, it wasn't so hard to pick up around Ruby.

"I haven't been in these personally," she said, looking around a little as she trudged along. It was harder without shoes. "I've studied them in maps though. I know where I am, or thereabout. It's hard for me to get around, you see." She hoped it was a lot closer than Ruby seemed to make it sound. "How long have you lived here?" Rosa asked, trying to make some friendly conversation.

"In this village?" Ruby asked, "Not very long. I'm a country gal if you couldn't tell." She grinned, finally making it across the street in a huff, "I was born far off in a farmin' town. It ended up being the battleground of two kingdoms, though, and we were forced off of it. I've been goin' around doin' some odd jobs here and there until Axel managed to find me. Now, I bet you're wonderin' what our little team is all about, huh? Well, I'm sure you'll find that out today."

After a few moments of leading Rosa through the streets, she finally found her home. The house was connected to another series of homes, but it didn't look as run down or as mucky as the ones around it. Ruby finally released Rosa's hand and opened the door for the princess.

Her home was very organized yet also very empty. The entranced had a staircase running to the upstairs while the kitchen and living space were all visible. Ruby made her way upstairs and beckoned for Rosa to follow her, "I know its not much, but its a good livin' space. I'm barely here, so I don't have any time to freshen up the place." She chuckled before opening the door to her bedroom.

Her room was also very barren... there was a single window above her bed with a few dressers placed around the room. The closet door, however, was huge, and it was hard to guess how many different clothes it had inside of it. "Anything in there is free game for you , " Ruby smiled, "While I may be a country person, I do have a thing for nice clothes. I'm sure you'll find something you like."

The story Ruby told her was a little sad, but she seemed to have adjusted well. "I'm glad you are doing so well, then," she managed in that same accent. Now that she knew where Ruby was from, it was easier to place. "I'm sorry you lost your home, though. I do hope you like it here, though." She had to admit that she was very curious about Axel and his mysterious group, but that would be for another time, she supposed. Rosa sighed in relief as they made it into Ruby's home. Though it was a simple dwelling, it was well-cared for. It was, at the very least, clean.

Though there wasn't much of a personal touch to the place, she could see that it didn't really need much since Ruby didn't spend a lot of time her by her own admission. She let the fabric fall back to reveal her face once she was far enough inside. The closet, however, was enormous for a dwelling like this. "Wow. It seems to be quite a collection," she said with a little smile. "Thank you for sharing."

With that, she began looking for things that would appear to fit her. She didn't want anything too grand or fancy--that would be a pretty big tip-off. But going too simple would do the same. She took off the fabric when she found some undergarments that would work for her, and then chose some brown leggings to wear under a lovely green tunic that nearly acted as a dress. She found a chain link belt to tie it together and a green cloak to wear over it all. It provided her ease of movement, coverage while accentuating her shape and showing a hint of cleavage, and a way to hide her face. She was neither too simple, nor too fancy--just right.

She found a pair of boots in her size and slipped those on as well. "Thank you so much for lending me your clothes, Ruby. I'll make sure to return the favor someday." She smiled and then looked around until she found a brush. She detangled and tamed her lively red locks and styled them into a lovely braid, her bangs swept to the side to help frame it more. She nearly looked like a different person when she was finished. "Whew. There. All better now." She smiled at Ruby, putting everything back where she found it.

"What should I do with all that fabric, I wonder?" she said aloud, frowning at it. "I don't suppose you'd need a curtain?"

Ruby just smiled and shook her head, "Nah, you could just toss that. Or could it 'round for a souvenir, I don't mind." She walked around Rosa, smiling to herself as she got a good look at her, "You're a very pretty gal, sweetheart. I didn't think princesses could be this beautiful up close. Still, you better watch it... beauty always attracts attention. I should know." She chuckled with a wink as she slapped Rosa's back a little hard, "Alright, princess. We should head back. I bet the rest of the guys are with Axel now."

She headed down the stairs and opened the door for the princess, "Same thing as before.... take my hand and hopefully we'll get through the crowd unscathed."

They began to make their way through the sea of people once again, with Ruby holding onto Rosa's hand tightly, "So, Rosa, " She began, "I'd hate to see a nice girl like you get into a mess like this, but it couldn't be helped. Most likely, we'll be getting into a lot of trouble on the way out of this place. I'm sure that whoever is after you isn't going to let up so easily... you better watch yourself out here and make sure to stay with us the whole time."

Ruby was a nice person. Rosa hadn't been expecting her to be quite so nice. But then, she hadn't really been expecting a woman to be a part of Axel's group. She shrugged it off mentally and told herself to have more trust in the people protecting her. Just because the people in the palace were corrupt didn't mean that everyone was. So she smiled and nodded, blushing a little at the woman's compliment. "Thank you. You're very pretty, too," she said, rising and looking at them both in a mirror. They made for quite an image. Rosa slipped the hood of her cloak over her head as the two of them made their way out of the dwelling and nodded.

"People laugh when they hear it, but sometimes it really is a curse to be so pretty." She smiled and took Ruby's hand, holding it just as tightly. She didn't want to lose hold of one of her only friends in this suddenly very dangerous world. "Count on me. If there's one thing I'm good at in a practical setting, it's remembering faces and staying with people. Besides. I've never lost a game of hide-and-seek yet," she said with a little smirk. Axel had always hated that. But then, he'd won at nearly everything else.

Ruby smiled, enjoying Rosa's company as they finally made it into the alley leading into their small base, "I bet Axel can't wait to see you now, " She chuckled, "Although, nothing probably beats you being naked does it?" She winked, reaching her hand to twist the doorknob. The sounds of shouting from the inside immediately caused her to stop, withdrawing her hand with a deep sigh, "Damnit, " She muttered, "They're at it again..." She looked back at Rosa with a disappointed expression, "Jus' give it a bit, Rosa. It's best to wait for this whole thing to blow over."

"You blew up the castle walls! How immature and loud can you be?! Do you know how much attention you attracted?!" The voice belonged to an unknown male.

"I didn't hear you come out with any better ideas!" Axel's voice growled back, "We got the princess out safely! What does it matter as long as the outcome is good?!"

"There were better ways to execute the operation! That was reckless and stupid of you, Axel!"

"Don't you fucking tell me what's right and what's wrong! I got this team together, and I'm going to see it to the end!"

"Gah... forget it!" A door slammed hard, shaking the walls in the alley. Ruby sighed, nodding at Rosa before opening the door.

"Axel?" Ruby called, "Everything alright?" Axel was seated at the head of the table with two others, one man and one a woman. The man was older, wrinkles etched underneath his eyes from the years and a bushy beard on his chin. The woman was young, like Ruby and Rosa, and wore just a plain brown dress that went down to her ankles. She looked very shy and afraid.

The comment about her being naked made the princess blush furiously again. She really wished he hadn't seen her like that--hadn't had to save her from that awful situation. But given the fact that he'd saved her life, she supposed it was probably the least she could have done to thank him. And that was a very different and embarrassing discussion, so she just let that one go. Finally, they reached the hideout again--if it could be called such a thing, and heard distinctly male voices yelling.

Rosa frowned, not really sure the shouting match was the best way of handling a what was supposed to be a covert mission to save her life. If the wrong person had wondered by, they could have heard everything. Then again, it looked like people were steering pretty well clear of the place. She wondered if that was because it had no markings, or if people were used to hearing the shouting from within. She could tell that Ruby was bothered. To be honest, she was a little bothered, too. Oddly, though, she found herself agreeing with the man who'd been shouting about blowing up the walls. There probably had been a better way to go about it.

Then again, she couldn't disagree with Axel--as long as he'd achieved what he'd set out to do, did it really matter if the walls had been blown up? Either way, she was with them now and could straighten things out with her parents if worst came to worst. When it seemed to have quieted down a bit, Rosa entered with Ruby, closing the door behind her. She looked up to find an older looking gentleman and a young, almost terrified woman. Frowning a little, Rosa wished she could say something to snap them all out of it. Instead, she removed her hood, smiling softly and bowing her head respectfully to each new face, letting Axel clear his head before he made introductions.

Axel looked up, seeing the two girls in the doorway. He immediately spotted Rosa, giving her a large smile as his mood was uplifted right away, "Rosa, you look great, " He smiled, "Those clothes really suit you. Though I admit, a part of me is a bit sad... " He chuckled as he stood up, "Oh, that's right. I want you to meet the members of our little team... " He motioned towards the old man sitting to his right, the elder looking over at Rosa with kind eyes and a gentle smile.

"This is the 'Captain', " Axel smiled, "It's just what we call him. None of us actually know his name, and the old bastard won't even tell us." Captain stood up, making his way over to Rosa and placed his hand on hers, kneeling onto the ground, "It's very nice to meet you, milady." He smiled, "I hope Axel hasn't treated you poorly..."

"Way to go, Captain, " Axel rolled his eyes, "First person to actually treat her like a princess... even though we're supposed to keep that hidden." He then motioned over to the nervous girl on his left.

"This is Annabel, " He spoke, "She's a tad shy, but she's the most dependable of us." The girl gave a slight wave to Rosa but cast her eyes down onto the table.

"And, well, the last member, Annabel's brother... " Axel scratched his head with a frown, "He's taking a bit of a break right now. You'll meet him eventually, but right now we have to plan for what to do next. Feel free to take a seat." He sat back down, gesturing to the chairs.

((I don't mind if you take control of any of these characters btw :p ))

((Okay. I'll try to think up a few things for them.))

Rosa smiled at Axel, chuckling a little at his comment about being sad. Still, his compliment had been well-received. Ruby had been right about his reaction. The blonde must have gotten to know him pretty well. It was nice to know that he had good friends--loyal ones who worried about him just as much as she had. He might not have the power of a king anymore, but he certainly seemed pretty well off for it.

When he introduced Captain, she smiled and blushed just a little as he knelt for her. "It seems so strange to see someone who's not a noble do that. There's really no need, you know. After all, I owe you my thanks for helping Axel to save me." She smiled at the man and nodded her head respectfully, giving his hand a little squeeze.

When Annabel waved, she greeted her warmly, hoping the girl wasn't too out of sorts thanks to her presence here. "It's a pleasure to meet you as well." Her gaze met the door Annabel's brother had presumably gone through just moments before. She worried a little, hoping that it was okay to leave him out of this. Still, it wasn't like she could just barge in on the man, even if it was just to apologize.

"Well, alright then." She waited for Ruby to take a seat before she seated herself and looked around the table at the others, wondering what she could do to offer help in a situation like this.

"Okay, " Axel stated, looking over at Rosa, "So I bet you're wondering what we're all doing here and what the future has in store for us, " The Captain gave a nod, taking out a large roll of parchment. He laid it down onto the table and straightened it. The map was obviously of the lands owned by the kingdom, showing all the villages and every forest and mountain. It was well detailed, and there were a few circles and lines scribbled onto it.

"So, we all know that Rosa is a target for assassination," Axel stated, "But finding out why is still a bit sketchy... It could be rival kingdoms, a coup attempt, or something else... but the monster that was sent to kill her is very exotic and very dangerous. There are few who can actually take it from its lands."

"Right, " The Captain nodded, "As long as that monster is alive, the Princess is in grave danger. It knows her scent and it is very intelligent... it's probably lurking nearby, waiting for her to be alone before it strikes." He looked over at Rosa, "I highly recommend not leaving this safe house at night or alone... "

"Anyways, we definitely need to get out the village." Axel stated, "Things are getting pretty hot here, and the soldiers are searching everywhere for Rosa. We should probably head out early tomorrow morning and get to the small inn at night." He pointed to a small drawn structure in the middle of the map, giving it a few taps with his finger.

"Rosa, " The Captain looked up, "You may finally ask your questions... I know you have many that you want answered."

She frowned a little. So that thing was stalking her, whatever it was. And it was better than some damned assassin because it was a creature operating on a hunter's instincts. She shuddered a little remembering once again the feel of its tentacles against her skin. When they were finished explaining the plan and the fact that the animal was rare as she'd suspected she frowned. Finally, her time to ask questions had begun.

"I assume there's little more you can tell me at this point. Axel explained to me that he only found out about the plan against me yesterday, so the plan was rushed as it was. I doubt you've had time to gather any other intelligence yet. There are many reasons to want me dead, I suppose. I'd rather focus on who's trying to kill me than why. I can't seem to narrow down the suspects so if you have any theories I'd be glad to hear them." She sighed and sat back in her chair.

"Was there more to the plot that you knew of? Were they going to do anything but send that thing after me? And how did you all find out?" That was a good place to start. Most of the rest of her questions were about Axel and his little band, and they were questions she wanted him to answer. For the time being, however, she would focus on one thing at a time. This, she considered, was probably the most important.

"Well... " Axel leaned back in his chair slightly, "There really isn't much information beyond that... Annabel, who gathers our intelligence, couldn't find anything more on it. Whoever is doing this is covering their tracks very well... sending in something we cannot interrogate and capture is very difficult. In the meantime, she will continue to search for answers and try and find any evidence. She was the one who found out about the assassination attempt by the way." He smirked, Annabel's face flushing.

"Indeed, " The Captain nodded, "Annabel knows of anything and everything that runs through the lands of this kingdom. However, this creature has been out of sight since it left the castle... the only ones who have actually seen it are you and Axel."

"Yeah, " Axel nodded, "So we're going to have to sit tight while Annabel tries to gather everything she knows. In the meantime, we have to prepare for our departure. The Captain pointed out the inn near the forests, so that's where we're going to be. I'm sad to say that we're going to be on the run for right now... I have no clue what's going to be in store for us later, but there's a possibility we have to lay down our lives. Captain, if you could gather supplies for us, that would be wonderful. Annabel, do what you do, and Ruby... um, entertain Rosa or something."

Rosa frowned, concentrating on the questions she had. It seemed as though she'd need to find another opportunity to talk to Axel about everything that had happened to him. She was a little disappointed that they didn't know much more than she did, but she supposed that was to be expected. When it got out that Annabel was the one who'd discovered the plot against her, she smiled and bowed her head in gratitude. "Thank you, Annabel. I owe you my life. All of you, actually." She smiled a little and then sat back. They would be on the run soon, and their lives would all be in danger...because of her.

"Listen...I know you're all doing your best to protect me, and help me," she said. "I want to let you know that I appreciate it, sincerely. If there's anything at all I can do to help you, I want to do it. You're risking yourselves for me and I refuse to just sit back and watch." She looked rather pointedly at Axel here. Granted there wasn't much she could do, but she'd be damned if he went through another mad dash like before. She'd been stunned and in no real position to run for herself, but she liked to think that her walking toward the end had helped at least a little.

Besides, she was going to have to toughen up a bit if she wanted to make it through this little adventure. She hoped he would let her.

Axel caught her gaze with his own, staring at her blankly as gears turned in his mind. After a few moments of awkward staring, he finally smiled, "Alright, well, looks like there's a few things we'll have to catch you up on since you seem so serious about it." He stood up and made his way over to her, "I don't know if you know how to ride a horse, but you're going to have to since we're going to be riding for quite a long time. I'll take you out to the field outside of the village... its all grasslands, so we won't have to worry about something sneaking up on us."

"Ruby, " Axel turned to look at her, "I want you spreading rumors about the princess being kidnapped and is being brought to eastern kingdom."

"Done, " Ruby scratched the back of her head, "You sure it will work?..."

"Pretty sure, " Axel smiled, "It may take a little heat off of us later. Also, I'm going to need you to distract the guards at the front gate... you're going to have to do it twice since we're going be heading out and heading back in."

"Fine, " Ruby rolled her eyes as she made her way to the doorway, "I'll wait for you guys there."

"Good, " Axel chuckled, before turning to Rosa, "Brushing up on your riding skills will be a big help, here. It will help us travel a little faster, and maybe it could be a quick escape if we're in a situation that needs it."

Rosa didn't break her gaze away from Axel, even though she was sure Annabel and Captain were both a little confused. The princess nearly sighed in relief as he got up and made his way to her. This would give them time alone so she could ask her questions, and time to practice doing something useful--even if she already knew how to ride. At least this time she wouldn't have to ride side-saddle. She stood and waited for further instructions as Ruby was given hers. Though she had to admit that it seemed silly to spread rumors for cover, the men in the castle would have no idea who'd come and taken her away, much less where they were going. Any lead would be chased down...and the borders would be quite difficult to get through in every direction. It would take a few days for reinforcements to get to the posts, however, so it would be best if they hurried.

Everyone had jobs to do, so it was best to get out of their way anyway. When Ruby left, Rosa supposed that meant she needed to wait with Axel here. "Well, I do know how to ride, but I'll admit that they mostly make me ride side-saddle because it's more lady-like. I'm a little out of practice, but I know the basics. I should get the hang of it quickly enough," she said, looking up at him. Yes, he was taller, but not by much. He certainly had grown since they'd last seen each other. In many ways, no doubt.

"That's good, " Axel smiled, taking her soft hand in his, "But there's a good chance we'll be galloping for a long distance, so it'd be a good idea to get you comfortable with riding that. Alright, I'll lead you out to the stables." He pulled her gently, opening the door that led into the alley. The streets were still quite crowded, being mid-afternoon, and the amount of guards were still quite abundant. Axel gave a nervous glance around the streets, "Alright, make sure that your face is covered by the cloak." He stated, holding her hand tightly as they combined into the stream of pedestrians.

It wasn't a long walk since the stables were practically next door. A trio of horses were tied up inside, standing and waiting for their chance out. "Alright, " Axel nodded, immediately grabbing the rope to a stallion. The horse's coat was a shiny black, its hair neatly combed and framing the sides of its face. He pet it softly on the head, smiling as he glanced back to Rosa and finally released her hand.

"Pick any of the two, " He said, "They are fine horses. A little rough, perhaps, but they'll get us where we need to go."

The princess covered her head with the cloak, making sure that her face was covered, even before he warned her. She smiled and nodded as he pulled her into the light of day and into the chaos of the alley. As they merged into the heavy foot traffic, she held his hand tightly, keeping up. She matched his pace, feeling a little nostalgic as they walked along. She felt warm inside, just like she used to when she was with him. Finally, they reached the stables and she found herself excited.

"Alright. But why two?" she asked, heading toward a slightly smaller bay roan. She pet its nose and smiled at the mare. It seemed to take a liking to her. She smiled the little at him and waited for the answer, figuring that a mare would be easier for her to handle than a stallion. A gelding would be a little easier than that, but wouldn't be quite as fast. More than that, however, she was confident in her abilities on a mare like the pretty roan before her.

"I figured you would like to make a choice from either of the two, " He smiled, patting his own horse on the head as he gripped the saddle, "But this one is mine. Been with me ever since... you know." He frowned, heaving his body up as he sat down onto the saddle, shifting around as he inserted his feet into the stirrups, "Anyways, let's get rolling. The day is still pretty young, and I'm sure there are still a few things we can do. Also, try as hard as you can to stay hidden from the guards, " He said as he once again peered into the streets, "You're pretty recognizable, I have to say."

He gave his horse a little squeeze with his ankles and his stallion gave a little whinny before trotting slowly out of the stable. Making sure Rosa would be behind him, he brought his horse out into the streets with the crowed. The people parted naturally, making room for the horses as they slowly made their way over the roads. Axel kept a wary out eye, watching the guards to see where they were patrolling to and fro... he had to admit that he was very paranoid.

"It's a little nerve-wracking, " He stated, "I don't want to keep you locked up inside with restricted freedom, but its a great risk for you to get caught out here..."

Back
Top Bottom