Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

XBL/PSN contact thread

Millenium Joker

Supernova
Just looked and couldn't really find a thread like this.

Post your Xbox Live gamertag and/or PlayStation Network account name.

XBL: Millenium Joker
PSN: Millenium Joker

Currently playing (multiplayer): Mass Effect 3, Assassins Creed 3, Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City, Borderlands 1 and 2, Fable 3, Dragon's Dogma, Dynasty Warriors 7, Dark Souls.

Also looking for people to just talk bullshit with/ trade tips and secrets about Fallout, Elder Scrolls, etc.

EDIT: I'm only really ever on Xbox. My PS3 is mainly for Ni No Kuni and White Knight Chronicles.

Hahvoc PS3 is so fun but I want an Xbox too, I'm greedy when it comes to video games I want them all lol the plus about PS3 is the network is free if you have wifi

The oldest model PS3s that can handle PS1 and 2 games are only the first generation systems, with the bigger hard drives, and 4 USB ports. A GameStop associate can help you find what you need, and as the PS4 launch grows closer, it will be a bit cheaper but harder to find those kind, so get one quick. If its true that PS4 doesn't support backwards compatibility, then the PS3s that can handle all previous games are going to be sold out before you know it. Luckily, my PS2 still runs amazing, so really, my ps3 is just collecting dust.

By now, they have to be, especially since- if I'm right on my pricing- GameStop started selling a new SuperSlim PS3 bundle as of November. The bundle came with a copy of Assassin's Creed III, a custom finish (just like the new God of War: Ascension bundle that comes in custom red finish) and a 500GB hard drive, for around $400

I think you can buy just the new SuperSlim for.... $300?

But I wouldn't recommend it. Just like the more affordable gen.1 consoles and all of the Slimline consoles, it has no PS2 backward compatibility. Which I found strange, because even though most PS3s can play PS2 games, ALL PS3s can play PSOne games.

Gamertag: Like A Boxx

Though honestly I don't have much to play at the moment. Just Halo 4, Saints Row 3, and Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. Though if I went through my download history and redownloaded stuff, I could play Halo Wars, 3, and Reach, Borderlands, Supreme Commander 2, Saints Row 2, and probably some others I'm forgetting at the moment. I do have Beatles Rockband, and I could download the first two Modern Warfare games, but I really do not feel like playing any of those at all.

Then only things in that list I would realistically play are Borderlands, Saints Row 2 and 3, Peace Walker, and Modern warfare 1/2/3 (believe it or not, only for the single player)

Millenium Joker said:
Which I found strange, because even though most PS3s can play PS2 games, ALL PS3s can play PSOne games.

Emphasis mine - Only a very small run of first gen PS3s could play PS2 games. The first price drop removed the BC, which was of the hardware variety - The box literally had a PS2 mobo inside. The PS2 classics you can buy on PSN are of the software emulation stripe, just like every PS1 game.

Right. I myself, don't like the downloadable games. Older titles that I played a shit load of in my childhood, I prefer to have an actual disc I can feel and see and take care of. And if I already have the game, I don't want to have to buy another system to play it if I sold said system to buy the new one (I.E. people who sell their PS2 consoles to buy any newer PS3, then bitch at me at work about the fact that they can play Madden 2003 or whole shit)

One thing I never understood was the lack if available memory card transfer cables. If I have a shit load of progress and cool shit I earned in a PS2 title, instead of paying upwards of $50 for an incredibly hard to find cable I will only use once ever to transfer said data to my PS3. In get that an internal memory card is awesome, but its ridiculous that those transfer cables are so ridiculously hard to find.

I agree with the downloadable games I'm not a fan of them because what happens if the system crashes *Knocks on Wood* then all the downloaded games go poof and you've wasted money. I'd much prefer a physical copy of a game myself as well. Speaking of childhood games I really need to get the Spyro and Crash Bandicoot games I freaking loved those games, Casper wasn't a bad game either :D

Well, lacking a job, it's a bit hard for me to go and find incredibly rare and now highly expensive older games or consoles, which I can get for much cheaper prices by downloading them. Of course they don't have every single game that I'd like, like Earthbound or Donkey Kong 64 or etc. All that said, I haven't paid money for most anyway...have had to do license transfers with friends to get them. :p

Its also partly because Nintendo is a bitch about transferring their biggest titles to 360 Arcade or PSN. Don't even get me started on the Rareware argument and 007: GoldenEye.

Snake Plissken said:
I agree with the downloadable games I'm not a fan of them because what happens if the system crashes *Knocks on Wood* then all the downloaded games go poof and you've wasted money. I'd much prefer a physical copy of a game myself as well. Speaking of childhood games I really need to get the Spyro and Crash Bandicoot games I freaking loved those games, Casper wasn't a bad game either :D

Yessss. Crash and Spyro. <3

Hahvoc The Decepticon said:
Snake Plissken said:

My Childhood <3 lol

Millenium Joker said:
Its also partly because Nintendo is a bitch about transferring their biggest titles to 360 Arcade or PSN. Don't even get me started on the Rareware argument and 007: GoldenEye.

Well I'd be fine if they released some of them on the Virtual Console, or whatever it is that the WiiU has now(have no idea whether it's any different as I don't have one myself). I guess it must be copyright issues.

Snake Plissken said:
Hahvoc The Decepticon said:
Snake Plissken said:

My Childhood <3 lol

Seconded.

@Boxy-

No, its because even though Microsoft OWNS Rare games (Banjo-Kazooie, GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, etc) Nintendo won't let Microsoft put GoldenEye on XBLA (even though Banjo 1,2, and 3 and Perfect Dark 1 and 2 are on Xbox) because it was such a bestseller on the N64, Nintendo doesn't want Microsoft to earn the inevitable ridiculous amounts of money they would make from making GoldenEye available to Xbox users.

Basically....

Microsoft: Look, we own the damn company. Its illegal for yoiu to not let us have what is now OUR game.

Nintendo: NO. We had it first. You can have the others, we don't want them. Nyeh!

Like a fucking spoiled child being greedy with a toy it stopped playing with a long time ago.

Millenium Joker said:
Right. I myself, don't like the downloadable games. Older titles that I played a shit load of in my childhood, I prefer to have an actual disc I can feel and see and take care of. And if I already have the game, I don't want to have to buy another system to play it if I sold said system to buy the new one (I.E. people who sell their PS2 consoles to buy any newer PS3, then bitch at me at work about the fact that they can play Madden 2003 or whole shit)

One thing I never understood was the lack if available memory card transfer cables. If I have a shit load of progress and cool shit I earned in a PS2 title, instead of paying upwards of $50 for an incredibly hard to find cable I will only use once ever to transfer said data to my PS3. In get that an internal memory card is awesome, but its ridiculous that those transfer cables are so ridiculously hard to find.
Me, I prefer games I don't have to take care of - No disc to get ruined with a downloadable game. And, snake, have you actually... Y'know, ever bought a digital game? If your system crashes, you redownload it.

Re: memory card transfers, they're only as 'ridiculously hard to find' as typing it into google, which I just did, and I see a variety of options ranging from less then $10 to less then $15.

I haven't tried one on my PS3 but I've had issues with computer crashes and losing games that I've bought and I wasn't able to get them back. I'm talking like a hundred to two hundred dollars worth of stuff lost over the years I do get the free games for PS3 like DC Universe but that's about it I haven't attempted to download a full paid for game yet so I didn't know if it was safe or not.

Trygon said:
Millenium Joker said:

Me, I prefer games I don't have to take care of - No disc to get ruined with a downloadable game. And, snake, have you actually... Y'know, ever bought a digital game? If your system crashes, you redownload it.

Re: memory card transfers, they're only as 'ridiculously hard to find' as typing it into google, which I just did, and I see a variety of options ranging from less then $10 to less then $15.

Haven't looked up pricing for those cables in years. When they first were around, they were bullshit hard to find, let alone the pricing.

Also, for most of us the point of getting one is moot. If our PS3s can't play PS2 games, why waste $15 on what amounts to a prop?

Back
Top Bottom