Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Révolution, Oublié temps (Nobility Roleplay!)

Arienne

Planetoid
img12.jpg

The Château de Chambord is an extremely large French castle that houses the monarchy during the French Renaissance. Members of the House of Gaspard live in the castle, as well as other members of the Royal Court and visiting nobility and aristocrats from around the world. In this royal court, the courtiers are more prone take pleasure from life rather than actively rule their people. And take pleasure they will! While they care about the people they govern, the nobles care more about themselves. Aside from your typical royal family (King, Queen, and their children), there are plenty of other roles that are active in the Castle. Royal siblings of the King and Queen (who may of may not try to take over the crown); a variety of children (with the same parents of perhaps different ones); an adviser to the King; female courtiers who try to earn the kings favour; Court Jester of Minstrels; Ladies in Waiting (must be of noble blood themselves!), maids, and various servant; Priests; Military Leaders and bodyguards; Visiting dignitaries, all levels of nobility, and many more possible roles. I would especially like there to be some artists, architects, and scientists, royal or not. There should be a maximum of three princes and princesses (6 total) that are children of the King and Queen, but no more. Exceptions can be made if only one of them is your biological parent, however I would only like to see that role filled after the max number of children of your characters gender have been taken.

This roleplay is set during the French Renaissance. However, this will be an alternate reality setting. This means that we will not be roleplaying historical events, people, and situations that actually happened in history. Characters and situations will be original. That said, please use your knowledge of history and nobility to inspire your characters, including their dress and behaviors. No one is expected to speak the same way they did, but your mannerisms, behaviors, etc, should reflect the era of the roleplay. For example, you would not walk up to the King and say, "Hey King, what's up?" Depending on the status of your character you might not speak to him at all as he passes. That said, there are some historical nuances that are unimportant for our purposes, and up to you if you want to include them. Please remember that even thought servants and ladies in waiting started at a very young age sometimes, the rules of the site are to be followed.
Plot Bunnies:
Of course there will be a larger plot that drives the game and smaller plots between small groups of characters.
The King and Queen are coming apart. She, born a true royal, married the King and he took over the throne. The King is the face of the Monarchy, but behind the scenes, things are quite different. While he is strong, he is not the country's true leader. The Queen is politically savvy and is the real leader of the country. However, the King publicly accepts credit for her leadership, causing a rift in the marriage. Many people see their failing marriage as a way to further personal interests, and are using the country's uncertainty to spark a revolution. The Monarchy is refusing to admit there is a possibility of a revolution, at least in public. They would prefer to deny all accusations to keep their people at peace as well as to keep up the facade that they are firmly in charge. Many members of the court believe the threat is real no matter how many reassurances they get, and will stop at nothing to procure their wealth and freedom. Alliances are being made, sinister plots are being arranged, everyone has nothing but their own interests in mind, and you can't trust anyone.

I would also like there to be one eldest child of the King and Queen (prince or princess) that is being pushed to find a spouse, due to the threat of war. The details of the plot are up to those involved.

Current characters:
The King
The Queen
A lady in waiting (who needs someone to wait on that is not the queen)
A villain

RE: Chantilly Castle: A Nobility Roleplay!

I don't know much about military in those times, but I think it should be a large chateau castle or chateau. That way there could be lots of private quarters, stables, grand ballroom, lots of property, etc..

Well just as a suggestion, we could play as an alternate history setting. cause while I like playing in setting, I'm a bit lazy and I don't want to do a lot of research for a roleplay that maybe or may not last very long.

Yeah, I agree. I want the historical setting to be a guideline as to how one should act, dress, etc.. maybe, but not based on a specific monarchy so there should be original characters. It would be relatively open.

Nihilistic_Impact said:
That's probably a good idea. Next question would probably be, is this focused on one particular location, such as one Lord's/Ladies' Château and it's environs. Or something larger with more Lord's/Ladies' property.

Mmm, now I'm thinking about the 30 Year war in Germany, the English Civil Wars, the French Wars of Religion, the Italian Wars and the Spanish Reconquista.

-enjoys military history a little too much-

Lol, you just got me thinking of les miserables. Only because I just finally went to see it! Not as good as the play, but, it is a movie. I think they should have done a trilogy, it is the only way they could possibly make les mis, work outside of a theater... As in plays. Now, not that I am suggesting we play a bunch of rich singing ass holes, wishing for more like some selfish spoiled disney princess whom cant have more then they already have. Or, make a depressing musical like les mis, lol this is rp not a play. BUT, I am saying we should take the idea into account on story. And I agree with you on the use of some kind of war, or revolution. To make for a dramatic story, with different sides, opinions, and a war that no one would want things to turn to.

Edit: so, I am all for alternate history, and I want to add a revolt going on in the mix. It just adds political tension, and makes the politics more interesting.

Edit: plus, anyone whom is not royalty would then have more to say and do then, "Yes master/mistress, I will clean your boots."

xHitori said:
This does sound like some good fun to be had here yess...

I would play a visiting dignitary preferably with a female lady in waiting/ bed warmer.

What if all I want to do is clean boots? I plan on playing a lady in waiting. Revolution, secret allies, sinister plots, oh yes, I like it! The courtiers and nobility can force their servants to perform evil, secret deeds.

I want to work everything out before I go batshit crazy and start this thing.

Ahistorical is alright with me, I was just referencing many items upon which we can draw inspiration from.

I would not mind playing an Engineer touring the region and inspecting it's fortifications.

Lol, no queen? So far, I am the king. :p lol.

I'll do it if no one else wants the role since she is an important character, but it's not my first choice.

Well, I would suggest one of your characters being the queen. It is easier for a gm, when they play a important role, and have a bit of sway over other characters. For example, in my star trek rp I am starting, I am the captain.

Yeah, you make sense. I guess I should request a child thread for the roleplay.

Well, if you feel it is ready to start, then by all means. Here, let me send you the link to a friend, she can set it up for ya.

http://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/member.php?action=profile&uid=2882

Bump. The first post has been updated with new information concerning the group roleplay.

Bump. I'm going to set up the OOC chatter post and the profile posts tomorrow so everyone interested can get their characters ready.

Back
Top Bottom