Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Going back to lurking

upndown

Meteorite
I joined Blue Moon with the hopes of maybe finding a partner or partners. People who wanted to create incredible stories. I admit I was shy. Yes I have very little I get way of posts to speak of. But I think I've failed. Maybe it's me. In fact, I'm sure that it is me. I've had people start something with me, then suddenly fall off the face of the earth. I understand that people get busy and have lives. I know this. I work. I understand how busy things can get.

So rather than keep trying, as I've pretty much seen the writing on the wall, I'm just going to go ahead and go back to lurking.

the experiences you've had are not unique to you. role-players are flaky people and a lot of times the rules of decorum don't match up with common sense(particularly when hypocrisy is involved). Like, a lot of times, it is considered more painful and rude to tell someone straight up that you don't wish to role-play with thewm anymore. So, out of courtesy, a lot of people don't and hope you get the hint. Others are just lazy bitches. :D

seriously, though, don't give up entirely. The tides of RP land come and go in cycles. Do what I do and if you feel disheartened now, take a break and do stuff on your own for a little bit. Then come back in a few days/weeks/months and try again. a dozen people join the forum daily and there are other people who get tired of flaking on everyone for a while and disappear entirely and you could chance it and come back on a day when the particularly flaky ones aren't here.

But flaking IS an integral part of the cycle and you just have to make sure that if someone is talented and you have high hopes, possibly hang onto them tighter and make friends before jumping into a role-play that will be easy for them to disengage from? i find the longest role-plays i've had are with people i've gotten the closest to. anyway, good luck, eh? And remember: i told you about stairs, bro.

Back
Top Bottom