Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Two Mutants (Me and starlit raven)

desertpaladin

Supernova
Lawrence ran panting through the folliage. He had been brought to somewhere... hell he didn't know where exactly... all he knew was that he wasn't in the deserts of Phoenix anymore... Oh where did it go wrong? he was now... now a freak... his skin no longer both slightly pale and tan from his old life as a nerd... instead strange green scales that were not even getting the slightest bit scratched or damaged from these trees branches... hell he was causing branches that would have left a huge bruse on his arm snap like toothpicks. His body had grown, he was 6'4" before but he was now 6'7" and he felt like he would still grow still more. Stumbling a bit he collided with a tree and instead of being hurt he actually caused the tree to lean. Sighing he looked down at himself seeing what he had tripped over... his own tail... he then looked back and saw his wings were still folded on his back, well strapped down. he then looked away as he remembered that they had been broken in the attempted escape of which he was still doing.

Though he could not see himself his eyes were still hazel though they now had reptillian slits instead of human eyes. His brown hair was still there and his face was still the same... just scaley... his ears were more fin like and he did have the fin that ran down his spine and along his tail on his neck and his head. If he had really seen that sight again he would have just been even more depressed. True he was never the most handsome boy but still, it was the principle. He was a monster now... a freak. He gathered himself up, his body so much bigger and stronger now it was hard getting used to it but he began to run again, running through the forest in nothing but a pair of pants that he was given back at... well he was not sure what that place was.

The clearing what quiet and calm, serene in the evening. Even the chattering birds were quieting down to go to sleep. But suddenly, breaking the silence a golden light filled the area. Starting as a central point, like a miniature sun, the light began to form a mass assembling itself rapidly. Where the light was a girl now stood, materialized out of no where.

The being breathed, deep, like she had never taken a breath before. It was always the same feeling when she teleported, like she was thrown into reality from some other form of non-existence. It jarred the nerves, and wasn't particularly pleasant, but it was useful. The people who chased her could never catch her, for she was a mutant. She had always been, and it was apparent in her looks. While she wore a plain white hoodie and some old jeans and sneakers, her body was odd, with silvery white hair and golden hawk-like eyes that saw too far. Not that she needed them. She could feel everything around her, and beyond if she so chose. And at the moment, she felt something coming closer. A huge thing, whose shadow she now saw running towards her.

Seeing the Light Lawrence froze as he stopped and he moved to mostly hide himself behind a very large tree as he peeked around but when he saw only a girl there he was puzzled as he hid once again. The thing is though, Lawrence well... since the transformation he could no longer speak normally, all that came out were growls and roars. In truth he did not want to scare her or let her know he was there if she was an enemy. He smacked a hand to his forehead as he thought "Who the hell is she... I mean... damn... I... I can't stay here like this..." but little did he know that she could hear every word he thought. The thing was apparently his body gave him a new way to talk. He could now talk to other mutants, and only other mutants, through a mind link.

She flinched, hearing a voice. She couldn't tell where is was coming from, it just seemed to be inside her head. Still, she had a feeling it was coming from the thing that hid behind the trees. It was fairly obvious, making so much noise, its figure too big to hide between the trees. "Who's there? I can hear you, if you are trying to catch me I will come peacefully." a lie, if someone was coming after her she would just teleport. It was simply something for buying her time. Teleporting took a bit of energy, so the longer between jumps, the better.

"What the hell? I thought I was being silent" he thought, naturally enough she could hear him. Lawrence did not know about this ability of his and he would not know until she told him more than likely. But when she talked about capture he got confsed 'capture? But... wait... I'm the one running away..." he said as he then came around. He knew he would look very large and freaky to most thanks to the transformation but he stood there. He tried to speak but he found himself unable to do anything but roar and growl. He grabbed his throught as he sighed and he then thought "damn that's right... she won't be able to understand me either"

She raised a silver brow, confused. Her golden eyes looked him over, taking in his form. She was only slightly surprised by his appearance, but she had heard of similar things before. Experiment gone wrong, trying to make something like her and ending up with something like him. She did look a bit more startled when he growled at her though. "You are very loud, rustling and stepping on twigs. And I can understand you just fine." she said, not sure what he was talking about. At least he wasn't an immediate threat to her. Unless..."You are running away? From what?" she said, getting slightly alarmed. She had meant to teleport into a secluded forest, maybe there was more here than she anticipated.

"Ok either you can read my mind or you just are really good at guessing what rawr, rawr, rawr means..." he thought as he looked at her "and if that is the case... then yes, if you can read my mind then tell me who I am running from, I am running from a facility where I was tortured and experimented on, let's see if you can hear that" he said crossing his arms over his chest. Oddly enough talking with her through his head actually put him in a better mood as he stood there poker face... well the kind of poker face you can get with a reptillian head and he watched her "so either move out of my way..." he thought "or do what you like, either way I am off" he thought as he began to move forward, walking right now as not to scare her.

Her golden eyes narrowed, their usually warm color now cold. "I can't read minds, or at least I never have until this very moment, I can only teleport." again, another lie, but he didn't have to know about her other, relatively minor powers. "Which means the you are projecting your thoughts. Which means I can only know what you want me to know. I don't care where you came from or where you are going, just as long as you don't bring your trouble to me. So if you want to leave, your scaly ass is free to do so. I will be leaving to the next presumably uninhabited forest and hoping that the next person I run into isn't as rude." she stepped aside, rather dramatically, crossing her arms and closing her eyes. She set her mouth in a pout, faking indignation but in reality she was far away, her mind searching the landscape for a landing spot for her next jump.

He had been about to walk past her when suddenly he stopped and he stood at full attention. No they couldn't have... he then grabbed her and he pulled her down just in time for a small hole to suddenly appear in the tree to her side as he looked at her and then off in the distance "shit" he thought as he turned and he now stood in front of her and whatever it was that was shooting at them "run" he thought "just get out of here... I mean you said you could teleport right?" he began to back up a bit, trying to use his massive form to block her as much as physically possable.

She knew it was time to go once there were gun shots. She had hardly registered that he had thrown her to the ground. She was off in another forest, far from here. Her eyes glowed, the same golden light that had filled the forest now surrounding her. She didn't even bother to stand back up, or to look at him or to hear what he was saying. Her body started to disintegrate, consumed by light, breaking of in chunks and fading away. It stared at her legs, working up her body. Her left arm was next, creeping up higher to her shoulder. Her right arm reached out, touching his leg as the light consumed her body, up her arm, and then started consuming him. Up his body in a burst of gold light. It all was over in two seconds.

It wasn't a pleasant feeling, you could feel your body falling apart, but it wasn't painful. Your nerves were no longer connected, so it couldn't hurt. But it definitely did not feel good. She opened her eyes, the light fading, and took a breath as though her lungs had never known air. The setting looked the same, but different. They were in a clearing, in a forest, but the trees were coniferous instead of deciduous. Where there used to be oak and maples were now pines and hemlocks. They were miles from the guns and his government facility. "You alright? I haven't jumped with someone in a long time, everything in the right place?"

His body felt both in place and completely out of place. That he should and shouldn't be here. It took him a bit to respond as he seemed very dizzy though from the fact that there were some growls and such from him he seemed to be trying to talk to her... Eventually she would hear some voice in her head saying "hello, hello can you hear me?" he had finally gotten stable enough to figure out how to project his voice into her head. "Thank you..." he said softly as he turned to look at her, though he did look a bit green around the scales if you know what I mean. He wobbled a bit as he nodded a bit as he looked at her :everything seems to be in order" he said as he looked himself over.

"I can hear you. I guess that means your brain is still working." she glanced around, her golden eyes getting a clearer picture of her surroundings. She glanced back at him, looking him over. "Don't mention it. You look ok as far as I can tell. Truth be told I've never hurt anyone doing that, as far as I could tell, but you never know what could happen." she said with a soft, and half-hearted smile. Some days she wasn't sure if she would end up whole once she made a jump. "So, where in the world would you like to go?" she asked. Now that he had escaped, she figured she aught to place him in a safe location.

He looked at her and he seemed to almost freeze when she said that. He looked at her as he just lowered his head and he thought "I... I can't go anywhere..." he looked at a clawed hand and he sighed as he knew that anywhere he went he would be feared. He looked at her and he said "just go away while you can... it's not like you can hide a scaley beast" he growled a bit out of sadness as he stood there beginning to move from her. It was then she would be able to see his back, and the wings he had strapped down... she would be able to tell they were very injured.

"Do you think you are the only one who is like you? The only mutant who has escaped? I'm not a labbie like you, but there are others like you." she knew many mutants over her travels. She, like many of them, kept to herself. "There are some safe places. And there are parts of this world where someone like you can dissapear, so to speak. Nothing more than a local legend of a dragon-man" she studied him a bit, noticing his wings. "You're hurt." she said, more of a statement than a question.

He had listened to what she had said until she spoke about him behind hurt. He shook his head "it's nothing..." he tried to assure her as he placed a clawed hand on a tree and he looked back at her as he said "I... I can't use those people... I will just keep running I... I just want to go back home..." he looked away from her as he said that. He knew it was a stupid thing to want but everything had happened so fast.

"You know you can't go home." she said, trying to be sympathetic. "Things can never be the way they were, even if whoever is waiting for you accepts you as you are. Besides, that's where they will be looking for you." she said, stepping a little closer. "The other mutants...they don't help others out of pure kindness, not unless they are very young. The others would use you, to further their cause. They have one among them who could heal your wings. But it would come at a price." she said. They knew the others well, and she knew their leaders.

He shook his head a bit as he said "I will be fine... don't worry about my wings..." he said as a few tears began to run from his eyes as he was just thinking about everything "I do not need their help... I... I will run until I can be alone I guess... besides no one would help a monster...' he said holding up a clawed hand and he looked at it as he shook a bit and he then moved from her "sorry... but... maybe it would be best if we moved our seperate ways I mean... it will be hard for a normal one like you to pass off as a human with me around..."

Her golden eyes narrowed. It was a very strange sight, seeing a huge hulking creature like him tearing up. It just when to show that the inside did not match the outside. She sighed. "I shouldn't do this, but I can't have your ass on my conscience." she started glowing again, and quickly touched him again, teleporting. They fell away from the forest, and landed somewhere very different.

It was underground, in an old subway. There was water leaking down the walls, and the tunnels were poorly lit. You would hear things creeping around in the dark. Her eyes seemed to glow in the darkness, and she was glaring at him now. "You running around will get yourself killed, or worse, captured again. Stop blubbering and follow me." she said, walking down the tunnel. He really didn't have a choice, as he could easily get lest down here.

"You know, you are a very nice lady" he thought sarcastically, knowing full well she could hear it as he followed her into the old subway area but he stopped for a moment and he was looking around before he then grinned a bit. In truth his reptillian eyes seemed used to dark places and everything almost came through as clear as day as he walked with her. True the place was dark but it would be hard for him to lose her thanks to the vision power his eyes apparently had.

"I don't think that they will hurt you, or kick you out right away. Clearly you aren't in any state to be wandering around on your own." she said, glancing back over her shoulder. "Like I said, they will try to use someone like you. These mutants have no desire to just remain hidden. They are the Resistance, they actively war against the government. And they will want you to join their fight." she had clearly separated herself from them, not considering herself part of their group. She was cautious of dragging him into the mix, but she didn't want him to wander around on his own. He was going to get captured again quite easily that way.

((I am probably going to dump a whole mess of my characters into this soon))

He stopped and he backed up "No... I will go anywhere but here" he said as he looked at her "I... I will not fight... I do not care... I can live with the pain of these wings being broken but I will not fight" he said as he kept backing up. He would rather take his chances in the wild... for the truth was he had killed on his way out of the facility he had been stored at... and he hated it but his new body... it had enjoyed the rush... and it frightened him.

Back
Top Bottom