Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Cape/Mask time? [ Vigilante && Hero-based interest check! ]

star_phantasia

Super-Earth

Greetings and bienevue, to each and every one of you~!

• I'm star_phantasia (feel free to make a nickname), and I'm looking for others interested in a group roleplay based around the idea of vigilantes and superheroes.

Whether it's a small, organized group or a large, ever growing RP, I really don't mind. I'm looking for input from all interested parties as well! I'll make a list of details and ideas that I have for it a ways below.

The one thing I will somewhat set in stone are the rules. Of course, I want everyone to be able to suggest and contend them as well, but a set of basic standards and guidelines does seem necessary.

Essentially, they'd be mostly obvious ones and some that are a bit different.

Here are the basics :

• BMR's rules need to be followed. To the T(ee/ea) and the shirt/cup with it. That goes for OoC and IC, no matter what it pertains to.

• Welcome to the RP where you can have it your way but better not get crazy with it; like, power and tech-wise. Try to balance and limit your characters. I don't care if you're using a premade/old character or what. Superman didn't start off freakishly strong either, so maybe cap your character (and let them grow into all their powers eventually?). This can be discussed further.

• Do not control others' characters, or (en)force your characters' actions on them (whether mental/physical/whatever). For instance, any attacks should be left open (physical or otherwise), and unless you both discussed it elsewhere, your character shouldn't be taking advantage of their's (mentally or physically). Groping and such may be an exception.

• I'd prefer a paragraph per post, and two if you're responding to at least two different people. Throwing in dialogue, action and building the scene should make that easy.

• I will be making a (rather small but sizable enough) profile code/format. That's not too abnormal, and I'll mainly be looking to include the basics and necessary components. But if everyone is up for it, I could make it more detailed and elaborate.

• Of course, rules are subject to change and additions as we progress and discuss things. The rules will go by what's most reasonable and allows for the utmost fun and creativity; because that's roleplays are about. ='D

• Now, then. With all that out of the way, lets get to the fun stuff!

I personally see this as something most heavily borrowing from Empowered and Marvel-verse series, but there are others superhero and vigilante titles I think it should borrow from too. The DC-verse, potentially Tiger and Bunny, as well as others are especially notable (and the former-most quite significantly).

The kind of feel I want to capture most is something that's adventurous, light-hearted and rather casual, but is open to darker, more mature elements and plots/storylines.

Again, this is the part I definitely feel we can all throw some input in and come to a conclusion with.

Other, notable details :

• I want to have vigilante/hero, villain/archnemesis, anti-hero/villain and civilian roles. No one is expected to play certain ones or anything, but all are open to make a character for.

• All ages (within the site's rules) will be allowed. Which leads into the next idea/note. . .

• Mixed age or age-group teams could be made, if we want teams at all. There could be individuals and teams, and even families (like say, Vigilante versus the JL/YJ/TT/Avengers/FF versus Batclan/Wonderfamily/Supergroup). Definitely depending on discussion.

• I would prefer if we go OC only, but you can base a character on a canon. Just don't have their name actually be Bruce Wayne if you decide to play Batman/kid/guy.

• Making one set city or whatever would be good, and establishing a couple of other specific locations would be useful. Everything else could be generic as well (and the world used would ideally be an AU/parallel one and could also be kept generic).

Well, I think that about covers everything. Please do feel free to post here!

I would prefer not to get into character specifics or anything yet, but if you already have an idea of the character you want to use or create, please do comment about it (and what you have in mind, how certain ideas or rules may clash with that, etc).

Any ideas, details or specifics are all open to be thrown out there and/or discussed!

Oh! And most importantly. . .! That title is not official. It's a placeholder I used because I couldn't think of anything creative and cool enough off the top of my head. ^u^;

• Hello~!

That's great!

Did you have any preferences as far as anything else with the RP? (The rules, type of setting, etc.)
    Would you prefer to do a basic, somewhat smaller profile code/format for her? Or would a more detailed one be necessary?

star_phantasia said:

• Hello~!

That's great!

Did you have any preferences as far as anything else with the RP? (The rules, type of setting, etc.)
    Would you prefer to do a basic, somewhat smaller profile code/format for her? Or would a more detailed one be necessary?

I tend to get crazy with bios so I personally like detailed ones. The rules look great. As for setting, a fictional metropolis would be cool... maybe something like Blue Moon City.

I'm up for the rp, heck i even made an OC on a teen titans rp forum a while back that would be perfect for this. His kinda a mix between the human torch and a swordsman.

• @ Autumnal Equinox :

• Oh, fantastic and same here! Glad to note both comments; that's also a good idea. I'll make a setting list and add that to it.

@ TheFonze :

• Alright, great! Do you have any ideas or anything to note about any of the other pieces of the RP?

I may go for this, I can have a superhero, and a supervillain. So there is a bit more of each. Lol. Maybe we can have sort of a legion of doom going with the villains, forcing the heros to band together, on a common goal?

Also I would recommend we use a child thread, format. I am using one currently for Star Trek and it works great. Way more organized then your average thread.

Prosak said:
I may go for this, I can have a superhero, and a supervillain. So there is a bit more of each. Lol. Maybe we can have sort of a legion of doom going with the villains, forcing the heros to band together, on a common goal?

Also I would recommend we use a child thread, format. I am using one currently for Star Trek and it works great. Way more organized then your average thread.

• Oh, great! I'm interested in playing a civilian myself (my bad for not noting as much yet, hehe), but also courting some villain ideas. (I don't mind playing a number of different characters though~.)
    That could also be interesting. I was considering whether we go with the general format of there being individuals and some teams (in their own respective groups/families), but maybe the heroes do have a general team that they form up whenever need be - and villainous, group threat would always be a good reason.

That's definitely something to go with. I prefer that format myself, and as long as the idea/roleplay generates enough interest and can get started, I'll probably go ahead and make a child thread-format.

Well, technically, you can start it now. You, me, two others. Equals four. Four is a group. So is three. My star trek rp sadly only has me and two others. :(

Basically saying, if more do not express interest, it is ok to just start. So waiting a day or so is a good idea, I guess. Lol, dont feel as though I am being pushy.

Ah, and a civilian. For me too sweep off her feet. ;) lol. I thought you might have wanted a hero or villian. Is this just an excuse for you to have a superhero, dream boy friend?

Prosak said:
Well, technically, you can start it now. You, me, two others. Equals four. Four is a group. So is three. My star trek rp sadly only has me and two others. :(

Basically saying, if more do not express interest, it is ok to just start. So waiting a day or so is a good idea, I guess. Lol, dont feel as though I am being pushy.

• Well, I want to wait a bit and make sure we have something to really work with, and I still want to do some organizing on the idea and settle on a few things before I start.

We'll start either way, but I do want to wait until a couple of more interested parties show up before I make a subforum type deal. I'll probably go with a single thread if it's still only us four by Monday.

I'm game! I have a character idea in mind so I'll go ahead and post the gist of what I'll be going for. Before I get to that though, I'd like to mention:

I'd be interested in playing one of the major crime bosses of the fictional city, my question here would be would you prefer I build up to that through the RP or go ahead and have him starting out as such? (He could provide a good basis to unify the general plot of the story, I have a few ideas also on how to get that started, so if you want to go on with that let me know and I could toss them out.

As I'd like to play a sort of organized crime style character fighting to expand his control of the criminal underground of the city that would imply getting other characters to team up with him. Something I see here is having his lieutenants or his big baddie entourage. One thing I see going is he would not only would he be having to contend with the heroes but other criminals as well. So there could be many alliances and enemies made/broken throughout.

I'm sorry if I came off a little headstrong here but it's all open for discussion so I'd know how to integrate my character here.

Anyways, a little about my character, he would be human. His super power being "The Ultimate Shield" which he gained from a deal with a demon (This can be reworked to technology or some other means if bringing the supernatural element in is a bit too much) In which he can change his body on a molecular level to rearrange his carbon atoms to the point of diamond hard, This ranges to a full-body change (Which will result in him taking a demonic appearance and being invulnerable to physical harm such as bullet proof and being able to stand toe to toe with super strengthed individuals. To simply changing parts of his body, such as his hands into sharp talons. So this would give him amazing durability and offensive capability. For instance he could change his hands into talons that can cut most materials, and the added benefit to strength above that of a normal man due to his diamond exo skeleton. I have some ideas on how his powers can grow as the RP goes on.

His weakness would be that he is still mostly human, with his capabilities only slightly heightened in his carbon form. He won't be running superfast or slugging a Superman out, though he would be able to take a punch and knock down a wall when carbonized. This weakness also includes he is far from immortal, he could be killed with a simple gunshot if caught unawares when not in his carbon form.

So powers aside, I'd like for him to be a boss of organized crime, your basic mob boss who occasionally gets his hands dirty when his powers would provide a better touch to situations such as when a super hero gets involved in his affairs. This would lead to him recruiting or converting other superheroes/villians to his cause to strengthen his own weaknesses. Such as a hit squad of powered invididuals, to a bodyguard, or even some super powered arm candy/mistress.

Let me know what'cha think or where I should make changes.

• Fantastic! Glad to have you onboard.

Oh~? That's really intriguing and sounds pretty cool. Hmmm. That's a very good question. I think it wouldn't hurt to have in there pretty early, whether as already established or setting up. A good middleground may work, if he doesn't have his foot in the door already. That's also a pretty fun idea and would work well with the kind of thing I'd like to see (that is, many sides conflicting and many conflicts of interests, even between certain alignments and types of characters).

I'm open to all kinds of characters here. What I like about most DC and Marvel works is how they integrate all these different themes together (technology, magic and mysticism, genetics, etc).

That also sounds like an incredibly balanced character, which is great. I think he sounds good to go.

I'm going to try and organize some more thoughts and stuff on a deeper level for the RP (potential directions and storylines, how to make certain things work and connect, etc) and also begin thinking up the profile format/code and some ideas on how to organize the thread.

As of now, a single thread sounds good and should work, and if we expand enough (which would be great), I may look into the subforum/child format.

I'll have to head off in a bit and won't be available again until about five or so hours (at best), but do expect some kind of details on the profile code some time tonight (or in several hours, depending on where you are in the world).

Well, allot of comic book worlds enter grate all of that together. Not all as successful'y mind you. But another that comes close in my opinion is top cow, for having well done cameo appearances, and mix comics alongside dc, and other comics. For their comic book series, The Witchblade, and The Darkness. Cameos being, and not limited to, Lara Croft. Batman and the Darkness host fighting (Jackey Estecato.). A fight with the darkness and superman (In fact Jackey estecato, is the first comic book character to make superman bleed without the use of kryptonite, and only using his own raw, shere power.) And much, much more. Witch blade gets them to, I just love how Jackey fucking fights off the man of steel, and Batman. Each in a fifty fifty fight, making, in my opinion. Jackey, superman, and batman equals, in the bad ass o metor, and a fair fight, on each other. ... Uhem.... Sorry for the rant, I just like talking about The Darkness universe. :D

What I've usually seen done is a a forum for te RP, another for OOC chatter, and another for posting character profiles for quick reviewing and for newcomers. Typically the OOC thread usually falls into uselessness as players tend to work together and organize through PMs. This is when I see a lot of groups fizzle out from god moding due to the lack of coherency.

Maybe do a profile thread and since this is your group Star_, maybe you could some form of recap post as a GM once or twice a week to keep everyone on the same page and informed? The whole child thread/forum works to keep groups in their own private affairs. So whichever route you choose really depends on what you want to keep track of and your player base.

I for run vote for the GM idea as I tend to lose track of multiple threads and have seen sheer chaos come out of the multiple child threads.

Send me a PM Star_ if you'd like some help getting a good plot started, I love collabrative works and have been following a lot in the realm of DC and Marvel. @Provask As cool as Jacky is as a character and I'm a fan anything Supes gets his ass kicked, a lot of these universe crossovers are typically non-canon to their respective universes and these crossovers are only a publicity stunt or a story crutch to showcase some form of character development for the protagonist. For example the Punisher FEARED Batman in a Marvel vs DC crossover, which from my reading of Pubisher comics it should have been a more balanced match in Ruthlessness Vs Tact.

Ignore the typos -_- I'm away from my computer and my phone seems to want to autocorrect words into typos due to me always spelling words wrong on this god-forsaken touchpad keyboard.

I am always up for a superhero rp, and will definitely join this. I will spend some time thinking about my character and keep tabs on this thread, if I get any ideas I will more than likely share them ^_^.

But I am definitely playing a hero.

• @ Prosak :

• Most definitely. I just meant in general, how a lot of different types of genres and stuff are integrated though. (Like for Marvel, having mutants as well as myth and lore alongside technology from all sides of the universe. As for DC, the Teen Titans themselves of almost every generation are also a good example.)

@ Deadshotblow :

• Indeed, that's the format I most follow. I haven't actually started (or been part of) a group RP on BMR, but outside of it, I've joined and created group threads and generally have a OOC and a IC thread (and depending on the RP, a character/profile thread may happen).

A general rule I set is that even if people do any planning outside of the thread, if it's something that is potentially large or significant, they need to talk to me before actually acting or implementing anything (like say, kickstarting a new storyline, doing anything that affects other characters, etc). I also tend to keep a post relegated to updates and story tracking (although I've seen some handy, outside resources used elsewhere that I may consider as well).

Thank you for the offer on the plot, as well! In general, I really wasn't going to try and set up an actual plot. For the vigilante/superhero RPs that I've been part of, the plot itself is mostly non-existent, and we focus our energy and plot ideas on storylines. Coming up with a good intro might be nice though, but I want to see what everyone has in mind for characters and be sure that everyone will be included.

@ malin :

• Great to hear! I'm glad that you'll join and I look forward to any ideas, whether on your character or whatever else. ^u^

• Some time tonight, I'm going to see if I can re-organize the top post so we have an idea of interested parties (and check in with everyone and see if we're all on the same page) as well as try and keep track of what kind of characters are already in mind.

• Hah, and I almost forgot what I needed to hop on the thread for!

Here's the basic idea of everything that will be included on the profile format/code so far. Any and all input is appreciated.

If it's too long, I can make a smaller version for those who only need a simplified profile for their characters. But for those that don't mind or are used to a more extensive profile, the option is there~.

Asterisked (*) additions are ones that aren't necessary or even part of the profile yet, but could be added if we all want to humor ourselves with them (well, they'd still be optional, but certainly there).

• Character Name
    Alias / Alt. Identity
    Position/Role
    Alignment

Gender / Identification
    Sex(uality)

General Appearance
    Costumed Gear / Appearance
    Civilian Wardrobe
    Height *
    Weight *
    Voice *
    Scent / Fragrances? *

Personality

Biography / History

Relationships

Likes *
    Dislikes *
    Fears / Worries *
    Dreams *
    Secrets *

Strengths / Abilities / Powers
    Weapons &&/or Technology
    Handicaps *
    Weaknesses

Theme Song(s) / Playlists *
    VA / Seiyuu *
    Extra / Misc *

• For now, that's a basic idea of what to expect. I'll begin work on a basic code for it soon and it'll have an idea of the purpose/use for everything on there, and again, nothing is official.

Autumnal Equinox said:
Sounds great! I'm also toying with the idea of an aquatic heroine that could be fun to play.

• Ohhh~! That'd be really cool to see and a really fun character route to try. (The aquatic characters are rare on every side, from what I've seen of most vigilante/hero RPs.)

I know for sure that I want to make a character for each side (a villain, hero and a civilian), and I know I want my civilian to be a main focus for me, but I'm having a hard time settling on what to go with for the other two. There are all kind of fun options (and recent readings just give me more ideas). >u<

• Just a small heads up and update, I'll be working on the main thread and an ooc thread some time today or tomorrow. ^u^

Yesterday/Monday was a bit busy, but these next couple of days should be relatively free and I hope to make some good progress. I'll also work on finalizing the profile format/code, so if you're ready to make your character, be sure to look over the current one again and start getting your ideas all rounded up (and be sure to say what you want or expect of the code/format)!

I'm hoping to start the roleplay a bit later this week, preferably before the weekend.

We can do some planning here, or on the ooc once it's complete.
    I hope everyone is ready and eager! ♥

p . s. : I will also post an ideal of the profile format/code and the basic expectation/description of each piece (essentially it's purpose or what you need to fill out for it).

Yo, this sounds really cool. I would love to be included.

I already have a character that would work in this roleplay. And I know how the.power would evolve as she grows.

Kiandra_Black said:
Yo, this sounds really cool. I would love to be included.

I already have a character that would work in this roleplay. And I know how the.power would evolve as she grows.

• Excellent! ^u^

I believe I shall have the profile code/format finished today as well as the OOC (which the code will be posted on). They'll both be up later tonight, and I'll have the intro and all finalized tonight as well.

Hopefully, we can start tonight or tomorrow morning. ^u^

• Hello, all.

I offer my sincerest apologies for being away for so long, and must offer my apologies again. Something pretty significant and life-changing has come up for me, and I don't know how often I'll be on if at all (nor until when I will be available again).

There isn't much here to use, but if someone wants, they can take over and work with anything, and I'm sorry that I wasn't able to get things started. Maybe this won't impact everything as much as I believed and I'll be able to consistently come around again soon, but I'm not certain (and pretty doubtful).

Sorry to everyone that was interested and everything.
    Take care, all.

Back
Top Bottom