Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

ANNOUNCEMENT!!! - Reminders: PM Cap, Age Bracket Change & Names in 1x1 Thread Titles

darkangel76

.:The Vampiric Fae:.
Supporter
So, it looks like 2013 is the year of both change and reorganization--some big, some small, some temporary.

Anyway, firstly... a reminder that on March 1st, there will be a PM cap implemented site-wide. If you are a registered member, super poster or GM, your PM cap will be set to 1000. If you are a super villain/admin, superheroine/global mod, sectional mod, welcome committee, recruiter/recruiter artist or supporter, your PM cap will remain unlimited. HOWEVER, we strongly urge those who will be allowed the unlimited PMs to keep their PM boxes at reasonable levels and to NOT hoard their PMs. Purges every so often will be appreciated.

Next, just to let you all know, we'll be announcing the deal on the whole "age bracket" for RP characters in the very near future. There are just a few loose ends that need discussion amongst staff before the final announcement is made. But that'll be up and coming sooner than later.

Also, to make things easier, note the updates made in the various 1x1 RP sections on site. Staff is now requesting that people state the member names associated with the RP when creating the thread. This is to help avoid confusion and incorrect posting since we still get a fair number of people posting requests in the RP sections. So, those of you with RPs going and no usernames mentioned in your thread titles, if the thread creator could edit that, we'd appreciate it.

Thanks and feel free to send any questions my way if you have them.

RE: ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

So when you want user names, do you want me to change my SMK to my full user name? Or is it good like it is?

Any word on when exactly the "age bracket" thing will come out? I along with a few others are waiting to hear about it to see what you all have to say about it. Can you tell us if the age rules will be changed or what? I know you all are very busy and what not so no need to go out of your way to answer me. Just curious is all.

The oldest PMs will disappear and your PM box will then be at max. You'll then have to clear things out more than likely in order to send/receive after that.

how would you delete all message in one big sweep. I have a 154 pages and I don;t want to go mark and delete 154 times.
EDIT: nevermind figured it out

Just to inform people: I've begun closing threads that do not have your partner's name in the title and have less than 2 pages worth of responses.

If you want this remedied, give me your partner's name and I will open the thread and allow you to edit the title to include their name.

If I am not online, PM a staff member who is so as not to delay any RPing.

If I or any staff members do not receive any PMs about your thread within the week, it will remain closed.

Gashnaw said:
how would you delete all message in one big sweep. I have a 154 pages and I don;t want to go mark and delete 154 times.
EDIT: nevermind figured it out
Empty Folders.

YUP.

Because it's part of the rule. If the partner's name isn't in the title, I will still close it.

Addition:

I/Staff will close ANY thread in the RP sections that lack a partner's name that have less than 2 pages worth of responses: This includes NEW Rps as YOU should have read the updated announcement and had more than a week to edit the threads.

This is to weed out people searching for partners or RPs in those sections as they are for ESTABLISHED RPs ONLY.

So am I banned or something?
Why did you close my topic?
http://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=40524
--
Can I repost it? If I post their my partner's name? Can you unlock this then? So I can rewrite our names...in the title header? <3

I want to clarify something on bans......

People are VERY rarely banned without warning of some sort. Presently, there are only 3 ways to be banned without any type of warning:

1) Evidence is found that you are a jailbaiter (meaning we find evidence that you are here and you are under 18).
2) You are a spammer.
3) You break the current loli/shota rules as they are (they will be revamped come March 17th).

Outside of these 3 instances, you will NOT be banned without some sort of warning or procedure. And typically there will be a history of some sort involved and chances given. Seriously, people throw around the word 'ban' way too freely for my liking and it can lead to some very serious misperceptions.

That said, if you have received a warning, there are 2 sorts--informal and formal. The informal is usually a PM. The formal will be tagged to your account either temporarily or permanently and you should be able to see that long with the reason as to why you've received it.

As for threads of yours that get closed? I suggest to use common sense here.

1) Read up on any announcements you might have missed.
2) Read up on the rules--perhaps you forgot some or they've been updated (again, see #1).
3) Contact staff for information if #1 or #2 prove unhelpful.

In addressing the above comment, if you do the following things I've mentioned, you'd see that you've missed announcements and thus didn't think to look at the stickies in the actual RP sections. In there, there is another announcement--ALL RPS NEED TO HAVE YOUR PARTNER NAME LISTED IN THE THREAD TITLE OR ELSE IT WILL BE CLOSED WITHOUT WARNING. That said, contact a mod and things can be remedied easily enough.

I did use common sense ..
But I was still unsure..You see I am autistic..and hard to understand rules..first time out..at times for me..S
So who do I contact then to reopen my the post, so I name us on it?I
I though it read, if you didn't title the RPers names..We would banned you..

Nothing in the new announcement about thread titles say you will be banned. It says the thread will be closed and you'll have to PM a mod/admin to get it reopened so that you can edit it.

Hahvoc The Decepticon said:
Nothing in the new announcement about thread titles say you will be banned. It says the thread will be closed and you'll have to PM a mod/admin to get it reopened so that you can edit it.

Yea I see that..now..
But that is how my brain see things..with my disorder...am sorry

Flamette said:

Yea I see that..now..
But that is how my brain see things..with my disorder...am sorry
ô.o

I've never heard of a disorder that completely transfigures words into other words. What's it called?

Well, she did say that she is autistic, Trygon.

Autism is a disorder of neural development characterized by impaired social interaction and communication, and by restricted and repetitive behavior. The diagnostic criteria require that symptoms become apparent before a child is three years old.[2] Autism affects information processing in the brain by altering how nerve cells and their synapses connect and organize; how this occurs is not well understood.[3] It is one of three recognized disorders in the autism spectrum (ASDs), the other two being Asperger syndrome, which lacks delays in cognitive development and language, and pervasive developmental disorder, not otherwise specified (commonly abbreviated as PDD-NOS), which is diagnosed when the full set of criteria for autism or Asperger syndrome are not met.[4]

I believe what she is saying is that because having a thread closed on her and being banned are both negative interactions here on Blue Moon, her brain process the two in the same way. In many cases with autism, the individual does not see shades of gray very easily. Because having her thread closed was negative, she saw only the most extreme end of the negative spectrum. It's quite common in people suffering from autism.

Autism is a disorder of neural development characterized by impaired social interaction and communication, and by restricted and repetitive behavior. The diagnostic criteria require that symptoms become apparent before a child is three years old.[2] Autism affects information processing in the brain by altering how nerve cells and their synapses connect and organize; how this occurs is not well understood.[3] It is one of three recognized disorders in the autism spectrum (ASDs), the other two being Asperger syndrome, which lacks delays in cognitive development and language, and pervasive developmental disorder, not otherwise specified (commonly abbreviated as PDD-NOS), which is diagnosed when the full set of criteria for autism or Asperger syndrome are not met.[4]

I've put the important sentence pertaining to this instance in bold. While you are absolutely right in that statement, this is one of those rare cases when the two are one in the same. While this might be a writing site and that might make it easier for a lot of people interact socially without the worry of physical anxiety, there are side effects and forms of autism that transcend physical interaction. Despite being a writing site, websites like this are still social hubs and they are not immune to having a glitch in the human system transmit the wrong data.

I am merely trying to clear up a misunderstanding. If I have interpreted her words incorrectly, I am sure that Flamette will step in for herself.

I understand what autism is, so bolding the sentence was unnecessary. This isn't a debate thread either.

Also, if she was banned, she wouldn't have been able to ask her question so that's why I'm wondering how she even assumed she was banned in the first place.

Might wanna just review everything before trying to white knight.

Also - for someone on an RP site who hasn't asked a lot more questions since she supposedly can't interpret some of the rules, it's odd that now she asks a question.

Hm. Just interesting is all.

I understand what autism is, so bolding the sentence was unnecessary. This isn't a debate thread either.

Also, if she was banned, she wouldn't have been able to ask her question so that's why I'm wondering how she even assumed she was banned in the first place.

Might wanna just review everything before trying to white knight.

Also - for someone on an RP site who hasn't asked a lot more questions since she supposedly can't interpret some of the rules, it's odd that now she asks a question.

Hm. Just interesting is all.
That is why I asked if I was banned?
Or if maybe I had warning..I was still able and to post..is what confused. Why asked if I was banned in the first place..

I've been worried for you see, I when sign on I get this odd yellow header..with just an X button..to click out. No words at all. I though was a warning..of some sort. Then I see my RP thread was closed..get it? Yea..<3

Back
Top Bottom