Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Just an ordinary camping trip...but wait! (Vengir/Candira)

She panted and worked her body to keep up with him in such a slippery, uneven terrain. Surprised at his agility, and the fact that neither of them had fallen yet, she slumped to her knees, panting as he scrambled to start a fire, telling her they needed warmth. This, in her book was a given, but she needed to catch her breath. After a moment, dumped out the river rocks and set them up in a wring and took the lighter out of her back pocket. "Here. It should help," she said, looking around the cave for proof of other inhabitants. Apparently, no animals in the area thought it a good place to bunk. She didn't know what to do. Obviously, she'd been wrong about the direction in which they should have been traveling. She only wished that she'd grabbed her bag full of equipment. Already, she was beginning to shiver. Knowing that staying in the wet clothes would only hurt her at this point, she pulled off her sweater and walked toward the back of the cave to wring it out.

as she began to wring out his sweater, a pair of hands came to her shoulders. soft...yet strong..and forceful?

"undress, and lay your clothes near the fire. the warmth should help dry them out." Marc, the owner of the hands, turned her around, and brought her to the fire again. "I will kill you if you catch a cold." he commented, letting go of her to undress. right down to his boxers he went, leaving those on for obvious reasons, and laying his clothes out to dry.

She jumped, gasping as his hands landed on her shoulders. Heart hammering, she turned her head to look at him and shivered as he told her what he did. Though part of her screamed that she should do something, she let Marc guide her back to the fire. She finished wringing out her shirt and then took off the tank that had been beneath it. she spread them out on the floor of the cave near the fire and blushed as she caught a glimpse of her partner. She blushed quite a bit as she let down her hair to keep her a little warmer. Reluctantly, she pulled off the rest of her clothes and sat near the fire, trying to look away from him and simultaneously cover herself and the rather interesting lingerie she was wearing. They were far from spectacular, but they didn't cover a lot, though it looked as though they were designed for support. She blushed and tried her hardest to just pretend she wasn't in this situation.

Stick in hand, sitting near his clothes, Marc sighed, gently poking at the fire. "it's going to be awhile. and as interesting as your undies are, just try to keep warm. As much as you probably think it, i'm not going to hurt the only other person near me." his eyes stared into the fire, trying to confort her by not staring at her lingerie.

"I don't think you're going to hurt me, okay? It's just a little awkward to be half naked with a stranger, okay?" She didn't mean to snap at him, but she couldn't help it. She frowned and turned a little more toward the fire, curling up to keep warm.

glancing at her, he held back the urge. he was just a stranger. reaching over, he grabbed his shirt, and tossed it towards her. "it's still alittle wet, but it's pretty warm." he turned away from her, and looked into the rain. "it will be interesting to find food now..." his voice was slowly weakening, but falsely holding up. he was fighting back his emotions.

She caught the shirt and held it in front of her. "I...I'm sorry for snapping at you," she said, feeling guilty as she put on his shirt. It was still damp, but it was, indeed, better than nothing. And it was warm from the fire. She noticed that his voice wasn't nearly as loud. "It's not that I'm mad or anything...it's just...I'm nervous. Not that you're not...but only a handful of people have ever seen me this way. I feel a little vulnerable, and I'm not sure I like it."

"and i shouldn't assume you are comfortable with it..." he commented slightly, keeping his back to her. "let's sleep...we can worry about food and the others later.." his voice hadn't changed from her comments. Marc...wasn't good with women. all his life he spent devoted to upsetting them, just to make his life simpler.

She frowned and felt like she hadn't done much to reassure him. She scooted a little closer to both him and the fire and stretched out a bit, glad that his shirt covered a good deal of her body. "Good night," she said, hoping that he would understand that she didn't hate him. Jade closed her eyes and rested her head on her arm and found herself falling asleep rather quickly, damp hair sprawled out around her as she rested in nothing but her damp undergarments and his damp shirt.

"night." was the last thing he said that morning.

as she slowly came to, the fire was still alive somehow, and Marc had shifted back to keep the fire alive. had he slept? he had to have, the sun was poking out from one of the clouds. "the clothes are dry.." he said as he noticed her move. "sleep well?"

Jade came to moments before him, groaning. She was a little stiff, but she'd be damned if she complained. Instead, she took to stretching her neck and shoulders as she slowly sat up. Oddly enough, however, she really had slept well. "Mmm, yes," she said, yawning and stretching a bit more fully. "What about you?" She said, realizing that while she had had his shirt, he had slept in nothing but boxers. Blushing a little at that thought she came to her clothes again and saw that they were, indeed, dry. She took off his shirt and handed it to him before quickly putting her clothes back on. "Thank you for letting me borrow it," she said. She felt like she smelled a little like him now, and the shirt definitely smelled faintly of her.

"barely.." he said, still poking at the fire. "we'll need wood soon...and food.." he spoke, glancing at her only when she handed him his shirt. "anytime." he replied. he gave a long yawn, and tried to focus on staying awake. realising his clothes were dry, he too dressed, and looked at her. "what are we going to do?"

Jade stretched her stiff muscles and sighed, not sure what he meant by that last comment. "I don't suppose you brought your compass?" she asked. Standing now and looking out into the partly sunny world around them. For the moment it had stopped raining. If they were going to go somewhere now might be the time to do so. But she wasn't sure how far off track they were, or how much further off they would get without knowing their directions. If he had his compass, they could find their way back. If not, they would have to get some firewood and come up with another plan.

slowly standing, he gave a long stretch and shook his head. "left it at the camp." he replied, looking around the woods, hoping to see something familar. "gather some wood, hunt some food? camp out under here, or just try and find our way back to camp?"

Jade frowned. "I don't know. I feel like this storm isn't finished just yet. I'm not sure how far we'd make it if we tried to go back to camp now. And then we'd really be in trouble. For now, let's look around and grab some firewood. We can see about food too." The knives on her hips were comforting. She could use them if it was necessary to hunt something up for them. "We need to figure out where we are before we start moving..."

reaching into his back pocket, Marc grabbed a knife he had brought with him, and stepped out. there was mud everywhere, but the ground has some grass to cover it. finding a large tree, he quickly slashed a large X into the tree, Marking the location of the Cave. he quickly returned to her, an idea in his head. "if you go down a path, mark a tree with a minus sign along the way. if you turn, mark the tree closest to the turn with a plus sign." he seemed alittle...excited with his idea. it would make things easier for getting back to the cave.

She frowned, not sure how well this would go. "Alright. So should we just focus on wood for now?" she asked. She did know what kinds of berries were alright to eat, and was fairly sure of where she could look to find those things, but beyond that it would be difficult to find food unless they went back to the river to try and catch fish.

"let's focus on wood, if we see some food, go for it." he turned back to her, before deciding where to go. "still got the knife i gave you? we're gonna try and make our way to the river again, see if we can figure our way back, or at least get some fish."

She nodded and took the knife he gave her off of her belt and took it out of its sheath, ready to walk back to the river. "Alright. I'll follow after you then. Make sure you scream if you fall down a hole," she joked. Though she had meant it to lighten the mood, she was being half-serious. If he fell, she wanted to be notified before she did the same. She smiled at him reassuringly. She knew the proper signals and how to use the knife. It was all in his hands now.

his knife in hand, he turned and began to walk the path they took during the storm. as the two walked along, Marc kept slashing at the trees, leaving their trail behind them, and with each turn leaving a plus sign. it took them awhile, but they soon heard, and saw, the river once again. Marc, though he didn't seem the type, smiled.

Jade stayed close, picking up dry branches that she noticed and several that weren't dry. She smiled once they reached the river and caught him doing the same. So he wasn't as stoic as he would have her think...She put her hand on his shoulder with a grin and belted her knife again. "Good job, Marc." She set the wood down and moved closer to the river to see that it was, indeed full of fish. Even without bait, she could probably catch a fish. In fact, if she was fast enough, she could catch it with her hands. "Hmmm...So, should we shoot for food now? Or should we try to find my compass and get back to camp?"

out one knife, and in the blink of an eye, it flew into the river, right in the middle of a fish. out a second knife, Marc brought up a second fish before walking over and picking up the fish and knives from the river. "think we'll need more?"

She wasn't entirely sure of what had just happened. She stared at him feeling sorry for the poor fish that had met such an untimely and sudden death. "Well...Uh...Maybe one more would be a good idea. Never know," she said, feeling a little dazed.

a woosh of a knife, and another fish came up. taking his last prize, he turned, looking around for any decent kindle. "i'm...pretty handy with a knife.." he explained, picking up a few good branches. "what now?"

Jade nodded a bit as she listened to Marc explain. "Uh...sure..." She blinked as he asked what they should do next. "Well, we have a path to get to the river and we have food and water, and wood. It looks like it's going to start coming down again pretty soon, so we should probably try to get back. Unless you want to look for the compass while we're out?" She asked the last part as though it were up to him. She, personally, didn't think they would find it.

Back
Top Bottom