Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Just an ordinary camping trip...but wait! (Vengir/Candira)

Vengir

Star
Today was a grand day for a camping trip! the professor couldn't have chosen a better time for it! the sky was dark, the street light lit during the day, oh, such a wonderful time to go camping, right?! pff. yeah right...that old prick just wanted to torture us...

"Everyone out of the bus, quickly! we've only got 9 hours before night falls!" the old man stepped from the bus, and watched as all the students funneled from the bus to the campsite. "Alright folks, we are here, do we have our supplies?"

"right here, gramps." from the bus came a large thud, as the bus driver quickly tossed the large camping bags out for each student to snatch.

"wonderful! and i must say, Good news everyone! the weatherman said these clouds should float right along the river, no storm for us!" reaching for the only unclaimed bag, the elder began to slowly unpack, as did the students.

You old prick...no way those clouds will just roll on past...we'll be stuck out here for weeks... away from the other students, one young soul had already unpacked, and was currently setting up his tent. as all the students had dressed in a casual, camping uniform, the man wore a black hoody and slacks, keeping most of himself hidden behind clothes.

"Partner up people! I won't let you folks go running off alone! as long as we're on this trip, you are to be withen eyesight of your partner!" shit...

(i've had professor farnsworth on my mind lately. ^^;; )

It really was a beautiful day to be out and about. Unfortunately, Jade could sense storms, and she knew that this one wasn't simply going to roll on by. Frowning at her instructor's lack of knowledge in the matter, the pretty girl in beaten jeans was examining her gear and checking to make sure she had everything when she noticed a rather large whole in the material of her tent. Apparently whoever had packed it last left a knife unsheathed, and the weight of the other packs had pierced it. She groaned just as every other partner was scooped up. Every partner but the boy who'd sat off by himself on the bus. The one with the hoodie that hid his face.

The professor was all too happy to pear the two of them together. Jade frowned, more out of not knowing who he was than anything else. That, and now, she'd have to share a tent with a stranger. She moved some of her red bangs out of her face and adjusted her own zipped sweater a bit. She wore a purple tank top that she didn't much care about and was comfortable, a warm, but worn sweater made of a grey material, and a dark, beaten pair of jeans and hiking boots. Her curvy body, however, was still highly noticeable. "So...I'm Jade," she said, as the professor dithered on. "What's your name?"

the boy slowly turned his head, taking a slow glance at the only person left. "Marc." he stated quickly, before stabbing the last stake into the earth. he gave a quiet sigh though, as he realised, he was probably about to lose his tent privileges.

Marc turned to her, and let her have a good look at him this time. he was pretty cute, he just didn't show it. "did you bring a knife?"

A little surprised at the face that had been hidden from her, it took her a moment to gather her thoughts. "I have the one they provided us with, but some moron forgot to sheath it and it ripped my tent. I don't suppose you could share?" She frowned a little. "I really don't take up much space," she said with a little frown. She hoped he believed her. She got the feeling that he really wasn't going to be one of those friendly types who took everything in stride. Much less someone who'd cut her slack if he thought poorly of her from the beginning.

there was an instant frown followed by a sigh. reaching into his pocket, he pulled out a much deadlier looking knife, clearly brought here without permission. taking her hand, he shoved it into her hand. "don't lose it." he stated, before reaching down and unpacking a sleeping bag, and laying it against the ground, a few feet from his own tent.

Clearly worried by the lethal possibilities of the knife, she edged away from her partner a bit. "Thanks," she said, tucking the sheathed item into her belt. Maybe it would be best if she kept as many sharp knives away from him as possible. Things weren't really getting off to a good start. Jade desperately wanted to say something, anything, to break the awkward silence between them, but she simply couldn't think of anything. And so she tossed her tent back onto the bus since it was pretty well useless and finished checking her gear. Finding that the rest was adequate, she re-organized her bag and tucked the other knife, now sheathed into her belt as well. Once it was packed up, she brought it back over to Marc and set it down.

"Is there anything I can do to help?"

"throw away the knife they gave you." he told her. "that thing won't even open a letter." he commented, before looking around. "I'll need rocks.." he turned to her, and gave yet another sigh. "if you want to help...just...do something helpful..." he stood, wiped some dust from his knees, and looked away. what i would give to be alone... "just stay behind me, and we'll be fine."

Jade had a pretty high tolerance for this sort of behavior when it came to men. She was used to having them think that she wasn't good for very much. She always proved them wrong when it came right down to it, however. "I think I'll hold onto it, actually. In case I need it for something. Besides, I can always sharpen it later." Jade didn't like to be talked to as though she wasn't really there, and she would find Marc to be a rather challenging man to get along with. "Do you want rocks for a fire pit? Or rocks for actually starting fire? Because I have some flint with me. And a lighter." She crossed her arms and waited for him to say something. Just because he didn't want a partner didn't mean that she wanted him for one.

"Fire pit." Marc replied, and sighed. "should have just skipped class...i hate camping..." he turned to her once again, and gave a less angry frown. "do you enjoy the outdoors?" that was completely different. a dark person, talking?

Taken aback by the question and the seemingly sudden shift in moods, she took a moment to answer. "I like it every so often, but you really have to be in the mood for it. At heart, I like the city better, but there's nothing wrong with a little camping now and then..." Unless you were him, apparently. "At least it's only for a few nights," she said, hoping to lighten the mood a bit.

"the clouds say otherwise.." he commented, sighing in discontent. pulling out a knife similar to the one he handed her, he gazed at it for a moment before flicking the blade out, and quickly stabbing the ground. carving a decent sized hole into the ground, he cleaned off his knife and pocketed it.

"you find some decent rocks, i'll get...us, some firewood." and with that small hesitation, she was his partner.

"Hmmm, I think I can find some decent rocks at the riverside. I'll fill the canteens while I'm there, if you want. I have the purifying kit too. Wanna come with? There should be enough wood on the way," she said, pocketing her compass.

groaning, he knew what would happen if he didn't. and of all the things he hated, he wouldn't give people to call him a deserter. "i guess.." he replied, grabbing his canteens and twig rope. a simple thin rope, great for simple loops and holding weak twigs together. "let's go."

She made a note of the direction they were walking away from camp in and grabbed the kit before she came with him. With a little smile, walked with him. Personally, she loved the feeling of the air before a storm. She would have loved it a lot more if she would have been inside, however. "We should try to hurry," she said, frowning as the sky grew darker.

Though he truely wished she hadn't mentioned it, he did pick up the speed. he didn't care if he got wet. he was going to that night anyway. "why are you in this class?" he asked, hesitantly. something about her...it made him want to ask things...though it wouldn't matter. she was just like everyone else.

"Hmmm? Because I was interested in the topic," she said, blinking. No one had ever asked her that question before. It was just assumed that it was something her major required. "Just trying to branch out a little," she said with a smile. "What about you?"

he tried to avoid eye contact, occasionally picking up a stick to keep his face away from hers. "dean told me to. said i needed to get in some sun.." he kept it hidden, but his face gave a deep frown. the truth was, the dean wanted him to get close to someone, and this was the only class that brought partners close.

"Hmmm, well, to each their own," she said walking with him, noticing that he was trying to avoid looking at her. Frowning, she wondered why he was acting so weird... "We're almost to the river bed," She said. "There will be plenty of good rocks there. She smiled and stretched a bit. "So you don't get enough sun, huh? How come?"

"i stay inside alot. don't spend much time outside." he gave her the absolute barest of answers. "...not alot of people to hang out with.." why did he tell her that?! picking up a good chunk of rocks and twigs, he sighed, waiting for the canteens to fill.

Hmmm, a bit of an introvert, was he? Well, nothing wrong in that, she supposed. "That's a shame. There's so much you can do outside. Fun stuff that people get mad at you for doing indoors," she smiled and then slipped the purifying tablets into the canteens since they were full now. She slung them over her shoulder and started to collect rocks from the bank. "So what's your major, Marc?" Maybe she'd seen him around in some classes besides this one before.

finding decent enough rocks, he grabbed a handful and pretended to look for more. "I don't have one. just taking what i can." he replied, almost afraid to ask the next question, "what's yours?" she's so nosey...why was she making him talk?

thunder claps could be heard, and soon, drops of rain began to fall. it was time.

"Aw...I was hoping it would hold off a little longer," she said, taking a small foldable bag from her pocket. She dumped a bunch of rocks in there and flipped her hood up. "Me? I'm a graphic design major," she said with a little smile. "Do we need more rocks or can we start heading back?" She asked, frowning as the cold rain fell down on them.

before long, the rain increased faster, and suddenly Marc's hand snatched hers. "we should go." before she had time to reach for her compass, he began to bolt back the way they came. "which way is camp?!"

Jade gasped, the forcefulness of him grabbing her hand making her drop it as they started to move. The rain was getting a little painful, and the wind had picked up, so it really wasn't helping matters. "I don't know, I dropped my compass...I can't see where it went, but I think it's this way," she said, heading in the direction she thought they'd come from.

the two turned, and began to head in the wrong direction. the rain kept pouring and pouring, forcing Marc to pull her arm in closer, making sure she was nearby. after a good run, he realised they must have turned wrong. "over there!" his eyes landed on a large cave, which was good enough for him. dashing underneath the roof, he quickly fell flat onto his rump, and panted. as he tried to relax, he began working on a campfire already. "we'll need warmth...these clothes will get...real cold..real fast.." he panted as he spoke, trying desperately to get things under control.

Back
Top Bottom